9 States to be voting on pot

This fall California, Arizona, Nevada, Massachusetts and Maine will be voting on whether or not they will become full recreational states
Meanwhile Florida, Arkansas and North Dakota will have their chance to vote on becoming medicinal states
Thoughts on this?
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/02/an-unprecedented-number-of-states-will-vote-on-marijuana-this-fall/

Other urls found in this thread:

mysanantonio.com/news/news_columnists/peggy_fikac/article/Perry-s-dipped-before-into-the-rainy-day-fund-he-1361003.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I make more money when it is illegal

Doesn't change federal law. Look forward to the DEA making mass arrests once Trump is President.

>blacks who would otherwise be voting for Shillary will waste their vote on Gary Johnson because promise of weed

Kek works in mysterious ways friends

Im just going to vote yes for the tax money and to shut potheads up

>implying he wont make TRUMP CDB OILZ
THE CLASSIEST OF CBD OILS ITS TRUE ITS TRUE

>willfully giving up your 2nd amendment rights for lol weed

No

What the fuck does the 2nd have to do with dudeweedlmao

in order to obtain your CWP, you agree to not be under the influence of drugs, this includes being drunk.

Courts have determined that if you have a medical marijuana card, that you are under the influence of marijuana and therefore must surrender your CWP.

Have you ever filled out a form 4473? It has a section specifically pertaining to illegal drug use.

Those mass holes better fucking legalize it.

good goy

Or you'll do what, degenerate?

But not your gun? Okay

That's for medical. If its legalized recreationally you can still have a gun.

This senpai. I'm glad we're like 10 years away because i'll probably have enough to retire assuming i don't get busted.

I can't wait for this weed thing to die out.
I'm tired of people pretending they don't act completely retarded when they are high and that weed use is having a detrimental effect in their lives.

>implying Trump gives a shit about weed

Lmao he's literally said that he wants to leave it to the states you mongoloid

literally says medicinal
plz try again

if you are under the influence of marijuana you cant carry your concealed weapon, that's all it is.

legalizing marijuana doesnt infringe on your 2ns Amendment rights. You can still own firearms and keep them in your home, etc.

It all comes down to how the law defines "under the influence" of marijuana. If you smoke weed, it stays in your system. If you piss hot for THC, can they determine that you were under the influence of marijuana? I think they can.

I carry, so I wont smoke. Weed isnt all that anyway. Beer is better.

Keyword is illegal

Which Marijuana is, it's federally illegal. It doesn't matter that individual states legalize or decriminalize it because it's still a federal crime to possess or use.

Trump has a more pro-marijuana stance than Hillary.

She's only going to move it to schedule 2, which de facto is already the case since there's medical marijuana laws. In other words, Hillary would do nothing and Trump would probably end the Federal ban.

You're not only a faggot you're also uninformed.

Gary Johnson's love for weed may save us all

Main reason I am voting for Hillary over trump is weed and I want my Obama care sure side.

I read it as referring to Gary Johnson's anti-gun stance

continue breaking an unconstitutional law made to preserve one guys timber investments in the 20s which was continued and beefed up in the 60s by Nixon to target his political enemies

Funnily enough it's the legalization that would do that.

You're an imbecile, the president cannot make legislation on his own.

One noticeable geographic place missing is New Hampshire. We have a pretty bad heroin problem here and our senate-bound governor VETOs any bill that comes across her desk.

Hopefully our candidates for governor will be more relaxed when it comes to this.

If we all just smoked pot, there wouldn't be wars
we would enjoy peace and love

exact same case with alcohol. I firmly believe that any society that allows alcohol to be legal should also allow weed to be legal. it's harmless unless you have a rare intolerance of weed

>Beer is better
Spoken like a true faggot.

The reason you can't have a carry license and have a medical license is because weed is illegal FEDERALLY and technically smoking is a federal crime. If weed was legal federally then there would be no problems having guns and weed. If weed was legal state wide but not federally and did not require a license to buy then you could still have a carry license as there is no data base proving you are medical marijuana patient.

>Meanwhile Florida, Arkansas and North Dakota will have their chance to vote on becoming medicinal states
Florida voted on this 4 years ago and it failed to pass. The pro-pot industry will continue having Florida vote on this every 4 years until it passes, then demand it be recognized as permanent and immutable law. Their argument will be "You lost, give up" after losing 3, 4, or 10 times and winning one. This is how the Left works.

This, Trump wants the states to make up their own laws for weed. Cuts costs on a federal level since they wont be enforcing it which means the DEA would actually have to go after the real problems.

You are a horrible stupid person. I hope your life is long and tragic. :)

It got 58 perecent last time, if it wasnt for the 60 percent law it would have won. Not to mention having morgan and morgan campaigning the shit out of Amendment 2 itll probably pass this year

I was wondering why the DEA didn't move MJ to schedule II drug this year. They're just waiting for her to be in office so she can add that to her list of "achievements". What a fucking cunt.

>Hillary legalizing any drug that isn't a seizure med.

I still think big pharma has something to do with it.

I'm sure they do and if it become a schedule II I doubt much will change.

Hillary said there needs to be more studies to see if its even medicinal. The war on drugs continues unabated.

You forgot to mention Tennessee, who is currently working to decriminalize anything under an oz. of pot. Even though they just added an addendum to the bill saying you can still be arrested if seen as a necessity

>Courts have determined that if you have a medical marijuana card, that you are under the influence of marijuana and therefore must surrender your CWP.

Interesting, does the same policy apply for pain patients who regularly take prescription opiate drugs?

disclaimer - i am a pain patient, take large a large dose of prescription pain medicine and in no way impaired by them
same for cannabis - i no longer get stoned like i once did

no shit sherlock

I remember when CA voted to allow medical marijuana a few years back.

>No wins
>Potheads and liberals don't come out to vote

>If you piss hot for THC, can they determine that you were under the influence of marijuana? I think they can.

And this completely retarded about these policies. A person will not be "under the influence" in just a few hours after consumption yet it stays in your system for weeks.
A person could be high as fuck on LSD or 'shrooms and not test positive for anything.
A person could be robbing stores to buy speed or heroine and stop for two days and it would be out of their system.

Doubled checked and it failed to pass in 2014, two years ago. It failed to even make it to ballot in 2010 and 2012 due to lack of support. This will be the fourth time either being on the ballot or attempting to make the ballot.

60% is required because we don't need 51-49 votes changing the rules of governance back and forth every two years.

You know what marijuana is? Maaassive amounts of revenue for the state. If trump sees anything its money and marijuana is a cash cow.

My understanding is that my CWP is basically not valid if I am under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This would include perscription meds that have an effect on sobriety.

Our federal elected officials are completely spineless. They refuse to make any tough decisions that might effect their electablity.
So they let the agency tasked with enforcing drugs (with a vested interest in keeping it illegal) make the decision about reclassification.
If a fifth (guess) of their budget is for pot enforcement do you really thing they would allow that much of their empire to be taken away?
I have little to no respect for the government anymore. They are all a bunch of self serving lapdogs.

Watch the head of the DEA get roasted by the senate. Honestly I just think theyre retarded.

Neither can the DEA but they do it anyway

He doesn't know that the scheduling of drugs is entirely an executive branch matter

Everyone laugh at this legally uninformed retard

Masshole here. I am for full legalization but the way the current law is written is not good for the state.

Tax on it is waaaaaaay to low (only 3.25 on top of the 6.25 normal sales tax)
there is some weird language about how much control municipalities can have over who can put up shops and where
there are no limits on dosage per serving (dumb tourists taking 60mg doses have been the problem in Col).

also even when it passes we probably wont see a real retail store until 2019 which is dumb.

I am 100% for legal weed, but ONLY on the national level. I don't idiotic stoners moving here. Luckily, Texas would probably be among the last states to ease up on weed.

>tfw us texans probably won't get legal weed for another 20 years while all the other states get it
Feels terrible man.

thanks user

If Trump could add legalizing weed federally to his stance, he would win.

I heard apparently that it's illegal because of the U.N. and that's why canada's cuck president couldnt get it legalized

>houston
>austin
>thinks texas wouldn't legalize it in a second

the thing is that people who want weed are way more motivated to go out and vote than people who aren't

see this

I'm voting no in AZ after how badly they fucked it up in Washington. Besides I already got my card and you don't need a condition for it.

>implying there wouldn't be a massive backlash from conservative voters
The big cities don't rule Texas. I'll definitely vote against any weed referendum.

Why? As a conservative do you want the government to treat grown ups like children and prevent them from using a safe drug recreationally?

No, I just don't more democrat voters moving here. Fuck off, we're full.

Don't you think the government is too involved with legislating morality?

Do you think this is a decision the Federal government should be making?

Trump is more pro-weed than Hillary you fucking nerd. I fucking hate dweebs like you who believe, during the one life you get on this planet, full grown "free" adults shouldn't have the right to put what substances they want into their body, when it effects them and only them.

I'm surprised that those in rural areas wouldn't vote to legalize it though.

also because it would highly reduce the crime form the importation of marijuana from the beaners.

I mean, in California everyone voted against legalizing weed too

but that was because in california, we all wanted to continue making money off it's export (I used to be a weed farming degenerate)

haha man, you should have seen growing and selling weed operations 10 years ago. Shit was so cash. Grow 100 pounds, sell it for 200,000 bucks, and it's all legal with a card, because you can grow up to 99 plants

conservatism is gay as fuck

right wing or get out

Why would they move to Texas when they would be able to move to Massachussettes, California, Washington, Oregon, or New York at that point just for legal weed? You should blame our flourishing economy or the illegals for making our state blue.

Trump, the guy who claims he never did any drugs, never had a cup of coffee etc in his life?

Yup, that's the one Roach.

Or the power up star from Mario or whatever the fuck you are.

That's part of the problem. We don't need any more pulling factors. I'm sick of all the liberals moving here as it is; we don't need to make it worse. Just leave my red state alone, I don't want to end up like Colorado in a couple of decades.

Conservatives are the most resistant to change and would be likely to vote against it.

ND fag, our shit will get pushed in just like last time it came up for a vote. My dad is dying and the pot would help him cope with his body shutting down because he still needs to function in society without becoming an opium junkie. I hate my dad but if this shit doesn't pass again I'm probably going to firebomb the local pd and gun down many cops. It will coincide with hillary winning the election so I wont have anything left to live for anyways.

Was talking with my general practitioner last week and he said was Louisiana is seriously considering medical / recreational solely for the purpose of tax revenue.
>tfw sooo much money has been shit away for decades attempting to enforce and locking people up
>and cannabis has only gotten cheaper, better and more plentiful.

Legal pot cucks the cartels. I hate pot, but I'm all for it

>You should blame

How about the Republican governors who have thrown Texas' 'rainy day fund'sa at CA businesses trying to lure them here ...

>Republican governors who have thrown Texas' 'rainy day fund'sa at CA businesses
What? As far as I know, nobody has offered anything special to businesses out of state. It's just simply that CA's regulatory environment is crippling and thus they leave for other states.

So you think democrats would say to themselves "You know what, even though this state's politicians don't agree with my values outside of Austin and ever major Democratic state already has legal weed (at the point of time when this law would pass), I'm gonna move right into Texas because I would be able to smoke a joint and not put into prison for 10 years"? Again I think legal weed would be an insignifigant pull factor compared to all of the jobs here.

Democrats are retarded; don't put anything past them. If we hypothetically got Colorado-tier weed laws right now, I would suspect more pull from Californians here, yes. They'll probably just move to Austin and make that city even more retarded.

The first time ever heard about the rainy day fund was during hurricane Katrina summer.
I was working for the state emergency ops center and the worker there were pissed because Texas was having to suck the fed's dick for money because of shortfalls in the rainy day fund that could have been used to pay for response and clean up efforts.

mysanantonio.com/news/news_columnists/peggy_fikac/article/Perry-s-dipped-before-into-the-rainy-day-fund-he-1361003.php

Yeah we got tech businesses in Texas!!
>and lots of californias and indians too!!

Ah slick rick, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He did pull some shady shit from time to time.

The UN threatens all non compliant states with sanctions. We are the UN enforcement wing, sine the other members are either malicious actors from MENA/Asia or worthless eurotrash "leaders"

I'd like to see them try to stop a real power from doing whatever the hell they want

I doubt that will ever happen

Legal weed. The only way to get niggers to pay taxes. I also find it kinda weird that nigs are for legalizing. That's one less drug they can sell on the streets. Guess they aren't smart enough to know it will cut into their income. Niggers.