/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Being Darth Maul Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.10: "Visions and Voices" (mid-season finale)
Doctor Aphra #1

>Rebels 3.09: "An Inside Man"
mega.nz/#!EAUyiZTT!JiuwDu0q2xSBkbypMQkVun7I88x4xb4PQuhb69GM0JA

>Rebels Recon #3.09: "An Inside Man"
youtube.com/watch?v=dRcc48GmXd0&t

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/ed

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qc3c_E7KrIQ
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5ghb1x/george_lucas_saw_rogue_one_two_days_ago_gareth/
youtu.be/qc3c_E7KrIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for Star Gate

second for Star Trek

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qc3c_E7KrIQ

Krennic blow thing up nice

Jesus christ Revan black series is already hitting stores in some places, yet I can't find a preorder on any goddamn site. Why is hasbro so incompetent?

That OP image reminded me, does Maul have any actual reason to come back this season at all?

Has he ever needed a reason to come back? Mauls gotta Maul, that's all you need to know.

He has no real reason to be on the show as it is. This season's plot with him isn't completely clear yet- he wanted to join the two holocrons to seek hope, but hope of what is unclear. Once he saw "he" was still alive, he just fucked off and left both holocrons behind.

Maybe the next episode will clear up just what they plan to do with Maul this season. The biggest theory is that "he" is Obi-Wan and Maul wants to find him, either to kill him or because Obi-Wan might have or know something he wants.

It's pretty obvious he wants to fuck Obi-Wan

"He" is Maul's baby brother, one born from Talzin and Dooku and a night of wild drunken old person sex. He was hidden away to keep him from being taken by the Sith like Maul.

What kind of reason are you looking for? He's a surviving Sith Lord not allied with Sidious or Vader. He's a monstrous loose end for those two, but he has just as much reason to loathe them.

Why wouldn't you expect, in a show about rebels trying to fight the Empire, that they might show other people who also want to fight but give us reasons, very good ones, why the Rebels can never accept such people or their methods. A grim reminder that there will always be weapons they cannot use to fight the Empire, potential allies they cannot accept even if their goals align. People like Hondo or Azmorigan can be useful even if you should never trust them. Maul? Never. Especially when his own path may end up screwing over the only chance the Rebellion has against the Empire. On a world with twin suns..

He probably wants to know how Obi-wan is able to live peacefully in the desert despite losing everything

Without Maul they'd have been fucked though. Maul currently fills a very empty niche and it's only through pure luck and plot that it hasn't come up.

The rebellion needs jedi. Partially because they're damn good pilots, but mainly because the empire has inquisitors and other such individuals who can deflect blaster shots and pluck grenades out of the sky. The battlefront novel shows that even when veteran rebel troopers confront Vader with everything they have it's nowhere near enough and Vader Down shows that even with tanks and fighters and hundreds of men they can't even scratch his suit.

If they didn't have Maul on Malachor they'd have died without question. Maul was the one who ultimately killed two of the three inquisitors and Kanan couldn't even get a clean kill on the third.

>there's force sensitives running around everywhere prior to a new hope!
Disney you were supposed to fix the retarded parts of the EU, not make it worse.

So is it Vader?

You mean a grand total of four more force sensitive characters than the OT, not including Inquisitors?

wow, so retarded, definitely ruined, curse you mickey mouse

>ahsoka
>kanan
>ezra
>maul
>all the inquisitors
>all running around in plain view unlike Obi-Wan, Yoda and Luke being hidden
Yeah, it's pretty retarded.

Doubt it.

There are a couple of problems though.

One is that if Obi-Wans message to the jedi never gets out then that whole thing becomes futile. So there needs to be at least one jedi shown to have escaped.

The other thing being that force sensitives still get born even without the jedi. So the obvious logical answer is that either the empire takes them, an escaped jedi does, or they just live around, all three of which currently happen.

Notice how in the OT Sheev talks about how Luke will be "one of us", and never specifies a number of people, and there's never an explicit assumption one of the two has to die so much as it just being a double cross for later, otherwise neither would ever agree to train Luke in the open.

Notice as well that Yoda never says "last force user", he says "last of the jedi". So you can logically have force users that aren't Jedi. How they handled Ahsoka having lightsabers is retarded but at least it was made clear multiple times she isn't actually a jedi and turned her back on the whole thing at once. Kanan is trying to be a jedi but he's obviously going to be killed off at some point simply because Ezra needs to get out of his shadow and be pushed away from being a jedi more firmly.

And for the record, Luke was NEVER hidden. He immediately addresses himself as a jedi in RotJ and never hides his lightsaber before that. He was in hiding as a rebel commander primarily.

Only two of those are Jedi, though. Three if you want to be generous and count Ahsoka. The Jedi were the ones that were supposed to be "all but extinct" not Force sensitives everywhere. You may want to actually watch ANH before you throw a hissy fit.

His arms and legs are cut in the right positions, but his head scars are missing.

>One is that if Obi-Wans message to the jedi never gets out then that whole thing becomes futile.
This isn't a problem, really.

It was never explicitly said Vader and the Emperor were the only sith, but Yoda says 'always two there are'. Then you learn there's not sith running around but are somehow gone by the OT/Force Awakens. So they constantly get comically killed of/fail to catch the heroes every episode. I've had more fun with Thrawn in the few episodes he's appeared than ever with the Inquisitors and he is not a force sensitive.

Also Luke didn't need to hid at that point, he was proud of being a Jedi and the events of ROTJ happened very quickly. Otherwise the Rebels were big then and it wasn't quite easy to get to a maybe force sensitive general.

>Only two of those are Jedi, though. Three if you want to be generous and count Ahsoka. The Jedi were the ones that were supposed to be "all but extinct" not Force sensitives everywhere. You may want to actually watch ANH before you throw a hissy fit.
No, it's fucking stupid. Vader easily tracks down and kills Jedi back when they were still somewhat around and deep in hiding, but he can't kill two bumfuck Jedi always in plain view? I have watched the original trilogy and this is just dumb.

>Talzin and Dooku and a night of wild drunken old person sex

>he thought all Force sensitives were gone
Uh... why?

>running around everywhere

>but he can't kill two bumfuck Jedi always in plain view?
He has other shit to do. Even when they knew the two were Jedi, it took a long time for him to get involved because they still weren't worth the trouble.

And please tell me you're not one of those "WHY DIDN'T HE KILL THEM WHEN HE FOUGHT THEM WHAT A JOBBER FUCK DISNEY" people.

There's like... five or six? That's not exactly running around everywhere.

>Even when they knew the two were Jedi, it took a long time for him to get involved because they still weren't worth the trouble.
>two jedi
>not worth the trouble
Now you see the problem

Also, no, Vader failing once is not bad. Him then not caring is. Especially when his inquisitors constantly prove to be incompetent.

It is running around everywhere, has nothing to do with numbers. It's near stupid levels of disbelief needed to justify why they keep getting away.

>WHY DIDN'T HE KILL THEM WHEN HE FOUGHT THEM
this is very valid

>It is running around everywhere, has nothing to do with numbers. It's near stupid levels of disbelief needed to justify why they keep getting away.
So you want there to be no Force sensitives anywhere, apparently. Okay, got it.

Not really, since he said exactly why he let them live. But you don't actually watch the show and just bitch about things you heard about, so you wouldn't know that.

You were one of those people screaming about how Ahsoka destroys canon because she was never mentioned in ROTS, aren't you?

>doesn't even know what a strawman is
You say it's not about numbers, since apparently it doesn't actually matter how few of them there are. So what exactly do you want?

No

Exactly what I said in my post. Force sensitives not running around everywhere and always winning because the supposedly efficient Empire is inefficient. Apparently that argument is hard to understand.

But they're not running around everywhere. Do you even know what that means? Forget it. Last (you) you're getting from me.

They're constantly doing missions in high profile Imperial targets and constantly getting away due to luck of incompetence on the part of Imperials. That's running around everywhere.

But run away too, that's fine buddy.

And then he'll learn that this baby brother isn't actually his half-brother, but his full brother, as Dooku is his real father!

Dooku's old enough to have fathered almost everyone in the prequels. Hell, he's technically old enough to be Palpatine's father.

I wouldn't go that far.

Christopher Lee was born in 1922 and Ian McDiarmid was born in 1944.

Its genuinely possible

No, it's Darth Bane.

IT IS?

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5ghb1x/george_lucas_saw_rogue_one_two_days_ago_gareth/

This thread is terrible.
People hating on George, thinking they're funny
>DUH DIDENT HE LIKE TEH PREQELS???

How can people call themselves Star Wars FANS when they hate the man who created it, and only enjoy 2 out of 6 movies plus all other Star Wars media?

>prequel hater falseflagging as a prequel lover to stir up shit
The whole "how dare they laugh at our beloved George!" act makes you too obvious.

wat
I'm genuinely asking how people can call themselves fans if they only enjoy a minority of the franchise and hate the creator.

If you're being sincere, I agree with you, but you should know that this is going to look like bait because this exact argument is used as bait repeatedly here.

I'm not baiting.
I think it's weird how people claim they're Star Wars fans, but haven't enjoyed Star Wars since the 80's.

protip: they never liked Star Wars.
They only liked being seen liking Star Wars.

protip, never go to reddit. Especially the "nerd" boards where *nobody* knows anything

Normie "fans" are indeed the worst.

>Obi-Wan opening up his lightsaber to cut off the arm of a guy who's getting a little too friendly.

Yeah, he did a great job hiding out.

At that point he wasn't hiding anymore. He was getting back on the galactic stage. As far as his intent was, he was going to join the rebellion and operate as a Jedi Knight again.

"Star Wars fans"

Sorry for asking a dumb (and not strictly Sup Forums-related) question, but I just read Catalyst, and I'm not sure I understand one thing.

The "disappearing" scientists such as Reeva and Dagio - did Krennic have them killed, or merely relocated to somewhere secret (probably Geonosis)?

There are implications that he locked Reeva and others on Hypori and then destroyed the facility from orbit. And for what it's worth, the plot summary on wikipedia says this.
But then again, he did say he was going to transfer them, and, really, why would he put such talent to waste when he needs all the help he can get to weaponize the kyber research?

>If you don't like the current iteration of the franchise, you're not a true fan
I guess all those fags complaining about TFA all the time aren't true Star Wars fans.

I expected nothing more from Reddit, yet I'm still disappointed.

>Obi-Wan's final conversation is about finding peace and putting aside old wounds

That would be pretty awesome, actually

There's a difference in liking a minority or majority of the franchise.

>linking to reddit

maybe he's an injured rebel or a dark trooper being injected with space combat enhancing drugs?

>Never knew what made Star Wars good

when luke was at jabbas palace, I got the impression that he was genuinely bargaining with jabba, that he he was trying his best to end this peacefully
he was also the only one who could see the good in his father, and the only one who could get him to see the light
he also jumped to fight the empire the first chance he got, and stayed long after he delivered the plans, when he could have taken his reward and run off like Han wanted to

what makes luke such a pure cinnamon roll, and why didnt he deserve what happened in TFA?

new RO teaser, new footage
youtu.be/qc3c_E7KrIQ

Lucas should have sold Star Wars to Spielberg

This is actually embarrassing, and I see this shit literally everywhere.
These people don't actually know that he created Star Wars. They think that he just came along and ruined it.

Yeah, some people already have it. To be fair, it was released early in these places, but Hasbro has NO preorder up anywhere. I'm sick of their terrible handling of this.

>How can people call themselves Star Wars FANS when they hate the man who created it, and only enjoy 2 out of 6 movies plus all other Star Wars media?

>If you don't like all of something, then you don't get to like any of it.

That's how much sense you make.

Normies, disgusting creatures.
They probably didn't even give The Clone Wars or Rebels a try because "muh Gennedy Wars"

check'd
Oh, I have to accept that it's canon, andI'll try to make the best of it, but I don't have to like it. None of the Prequels made me regret spending my money. Ep. VII did. It was just so disappointing.

Man, i am so glad that muh nigga TIE/D is canon again. But it raises a serious problem, and it's the same one as with any other "new" concept introduced in the "inbetween PT and OT" media: why we never saw them in movies? I can kinda get why there was no TieDefs in ANH (close enough to Rebels timeline for them to possibly not be produced en masse yet) and ESB (no major space battles in that movie), but you'd think that Empire would pull out some for the Battle of Endor. It was supposed to be the crushing strike to end the Rebellion, after all.

>They probably didn't even give The Clone Wars or Rebels a try because "muh Gennedy Wars"
It's a valid criticism though. When they announced TCW, they claimed they would be careful as to not contradict other parts of the EU, but they did, and that's what pissed a lot of people. Not just "Gennedy Wars", but stuff in general (e.g. Even Piell's death, Ryloth geography, etc.)

They should have kept the series as a separate continuity from the novels and comics right the start. Heck, maybe even rebooted the universe rightt back then. At least it wouldn't have looked as sad as the desperate attempts by various authors to reconcile the pre-2008 and post-2008 Star Wars.

My main issue with CGI Wars isn't that it contradicted the old canon, but that it took bits of established canon and cropped on it.

Same with Rebels. If you want a new canon, that's great. But don't turn around and just recycle old eu ideas. Even if it's "better" you're still just taking other people's ideas which shows a lack of creativity.

The EU purge was good. It brought order and security to the franchise. Soon, the light of the EUfags will go out forever, and no one will remember them, or their sad devotion to that outdated lore.

>They should have kept the series as a separate continuity from the novels and comics right the start.
Don't forget the ridiculous tier system that was in use across all products at the time. TCW was above the novels and comics at the time. The producers weren't really beholden to any restrictions when they wanted to continue telling George's story.

>The producers weren't really beholden to any restrictions when they wanted to continue telling George's story

But you will always have people who liked what came before. Everyone has different tastes. I prefer the stories that were told in the novels and comics between 2002 and 2005 so clearly CGI Wars wasn't my cup of tea.

The EU purge has its pros as well as cons, but that's not my point.

At least Disney honestly said "okay, we are getting rid of everything that came before and starting anew". It rustled many jimmies, but at the same time it was a relief, in a way, a guarantee of some sort that there will be no further contradictions.

Whereas when they began TCW they claimed they'll try to stay true to the existing continuity, but clearly they didn't, and tried to cram 5 seasons of action into an already overcrowded timeline, and turned the existing continuity into a mess. They should have saved everyone a headache and kept the new show in a separate continuity (a-la Tales/Infinities)

Does anyone have a mega for the new episode?

That's fine if you didn't like TCW. There's decades of Star Wars material so you can pick and choose whatever you enjoy. But there is no criticism to be levied with TCW's stories being different from other authors take on the universe. It's a continuation of no other Star Wars story but George Lucas.

I have no evidence to back up my claim, but if I had to make an educated guess I would say that Lucasfilm had been planning an EU redo since Clone Wars first aired. The show contradicts so much previous EU that I'm almost positive that it was the linchpin of an EU mulligan.

TLDR;

If CGI Wars is well received then we go forward with a new continuity.

If people think it sucks and liked the original stories more then we only do a few seasons and then fit it into normal continuity and move on.

>But there is no criticism to be levied with TCW's stories being different from other authors take on the universe. It's a continuation of no other Star Wars story but George Lucas.

Just because it is more in line with George's version of Star Wars doesn't mean I can't criticize it.

The battle of Endor was a fairly large battle, so it might just be that none of the characters that we see encounter one in any meaningful capacity.

It's also worth remembering that while Endor was supposed to end the Rebellion, the emperor's thinking was basically the polar opposite of the train of thought that yields the TIE/D, given that picking off capital ships with a superweapon is about as far as you can get from directly addressing the Rebellion's success with smaller ships by introducing a competent fighter.

Alternately, we don't really know where development of the TIE/D program is at and where it heads in the years leading up to Endor. For all we know two weeks before the senate is dissolved some core-world representative gets uppity about outer-rim pork barrel spending and the program get cancelled with only a few hundred produced.

You're not criticizing the elements of his version for what they are, you're criticizing it for not lining up with others. The creator of Star Wars isn't mandated in anyway to restrict the stories he wants to tell because hundreds other products created by people he never met said otherwise. George's work was always the center of it all, past and future. Again, you don't have to like it, and that's OK, but it shouldn't be expected. The EU cluttered and contradicted itself quite a bit on its own, that's no fault of TCW.

>But it raises a serious problem, and it's the same one as with any other "new" concept introduced in the "inbetween PT and OT" media: why we never saw them in movies?

Yeah these things bug me.
If Ackbar was on Yavin shortly after the battle, as the comics have it, why didn't we see him in ANH?

Why did they recast Rey?

>tfw so desperate for Star Wars games you end up playing TOR for a few days before coming to your senses

How does an IP like Star Wars not have a single good game put out in nearly a decade? You can make a Star Wars game of nearly any genre.

Lego Star Wars is fun.

>The Rebel Alliance was formed to oppose the xenophobic, human-centric Empire
>Chewbacca is literally the only non-human to be present on Yavin or Hoth

budgetary constraints i think
additionally, the rebel was young at the time, and the alliance was formed from the human majority core worlds, so it took some time to get non-human members
the FFG RPG also says that the rebels really are predominantly human, but only because humans are a common and uninteresting race

>empire
>xenophobic

There's probably plenty of good SW games you haven't played yet.

I cant imagine they got enough content out of one movie to make it worthwhile. I'll wait for the sequel trilogy version.

But really where is the modern equivalent of KotOR, Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron, etc. That could've easily made a new Rogue Squadron game about Poe or other Rebel fighters tying into TFA or something.

Instead we got a bunch of shitty mobile games and a half-assed shooter that was dead after a month.

What is this from

my guess

>all the military officers (bar Thrawn) are human
>only humans are recruited as Stormtroopers
>non-human species used as salve labour
>Wookiees reclassified as non-sentient
>genocide of Geonosis and Lasat

COMPNOR go back to Sup Forums

We'd probably have at least a few more good games by now if it wasn't for the EA exclusivity deal.

I didn't watch Rebels since the episode with the B1 droids, how many episodes do I have to catch up with?

Four

The EU was guilty of this and no one bitched about it. I don't see why now.

It's not nearly as bad as the EU. We had hundreds of Jedi running around and some full blown Jedi Masters. The only thing we have now is barley trained padawans that die off before ANH.

>that die off before ANH.
citation needed