Gunnerkrigg Court - Chapter 60: Page 10

>Squiggly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tn8vECgvLMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't wait for this page to be edited!

I haven't been on this board for some time.
Are you guys still doing tan-kat? or is it a different gimmick?

>404 file no longer exists
I'm getting really sick of this whatever it is

>smitty predicted the exact tools she'd need
Smitty is way OP and is going to die.

Since when does Annie pick locks?

I actually don't remember Annie using her lock picks. I remember she keeps them in Rey but I can't remember when they've been used.

really have you read the damn comic

>Why can't you just remember every single minor detail from 10 years ago?

Question is, what the fuck is this conversation looking like from Annie's end?

Nah, atleast not yet. He's had too much characterisation without having an actual Arc (The forest one doesn't count.)

Probably talking to the big robot in the sky. No biggie after she realised it was Kat, she's been dealing with psychopomps for ages.

I'm more interested in what the lockpicks will look like to her when/if she turns them over to Kat.

To be fair, a lock pick set seems like something she'd have.

It's like I always carry around a flashlight, 2 decks of cards, some chopsticks, and some water flavoring.

since chapter 3
it's a minor detail though, i don't think she ever did it again or really needed to
she did teach rey how to use his picks to bust into that one room with the robots though, so there's that

she used them to visit reynardine in the first place, which is also how they ended up inside rey since she stuffed them all into the toy's neck

>it's a minor detail because I forgot about it

I want to switch back to Annie's perception when the lock is picked.

So does Annie hear Kat's normal voice, or the booming, echoing voice of a giant technogoddess?

Why would a technogoddess have a booming echoing voice?

I'd imagine something more like Siri

Visually, she's huge, so it would make sense for her to be huge audibly as well.

so from Kat's perspective, she can just take the lockpicks and use it herself. I wonder how it'd look from Annie's perspective if she tries to hand the lockpicks over.

Or SHODAN's...

>"L-l-llook at you, H-hhackerrrr. A path-thetic creature of-f meat and bone wwanderin-ing myyyy corridors. How can you h-hope to defeat a-ah perfect immmmortal machinnnnne."

What part of techno don't you understand? Fucking volume controls.

She taught Renard how to do it (no pic cause I dont want to crawl through the archives for whatever chapter)

Annie is hearing the same words. It'd be more like GLaDOS.

I thought the "switch of perspective" was only to highlight how Kat seen things, but is it the canon way of how it looks? Or did she pull Annie out of the crazy stuff?

We're still seeing things as Kat sees them. Despite her calm demeanor, Annie is still seeing fucked up ether world.

Tom really could alternate between the two perspective IMHO. Not necessarily panel to panel, but that would be pretty neat.
Cheers.

Tan-kat user still reads, but rarely posts edits any more. Thread gimmicks are at an all-time low, we're lucky imaa still pops in and does requests/streams sometimes

>Lucky

>never any importance to the plot
Yes minor detail.

It's not techno. It's Annie's ether magic vision version of techno

Does Kat even know how to pick locks? The differing perspectives may be hard to overcome.

Those lockpicks better be dildos/strap-on by next update

>she's also a literally criminal
why do people still defend her? Why isn't she locked in a dungeon with her hands cut off?

Annie has talked people through lock picking before, plus Kat is prstty smart so it will be fine. A fun bonding experience that totally wont go soutg for any reason.

She's white and could grow up to be Isla Fisher

I wonder what the lockpicks will become from Annie's perspective when she hands them to Kat.

From what I saw in morts chapter hey stayed with kats perspective for half then switched to annie for the other half. He didn't really alternate rapidly, but it's something that I think he could pull - off. After all he did manage to convey the rain washing away zimmys industrial nightmare.

Kat was able to deconstruct an AC unit in her mind. It wouldn't be too bullshit if she intuitively knew how to pick locks.

youtube.com/watch?v=tn8vECgvLMM
Here this one is a bit shorter and teaches the fundamentals very clearly.

The juicy bits start around 5:00.

but how do you "bring" something in the aether?

damn, the jump in quality is really there

>criminal activities
DELET THIS!!

>lockpicks freed Robot and opened the prototype basement
>no effect on the plot

Just admit you're a garbage reader instead of blaming the comic

Come on.
We are all here because we enjoy the comic.

Also Reynardine has been shown to have them in him a load of times.
Most recently the chapter with Hetty, I believe?

I say, different artstyles.

>we enjoy the comic.

You wouldn't know at a glance of your run on the mill /gkc/ thread

No, but we all do.
Only shows that there are different ways to show your love.

>Wh-What does he look like?
>Um... Like a regular elf boy? Pretty fit...
>So like Kamlen? No wonder Andrew suggested I bring these...
>Trojan condoms?!
>Lucky!

Fuck, I picked the wrong brand.

actually yeah if you cut out all the panels but the last three of OP you could pretty safely replace the lockpicks with at thing of condoms

yeah it's a little jarring to go back to the first few chapters

Shows what you can do if you work at improving and have something like a regular comic to work on.

Instead of stagnating or picking an art style specifically because it's quick and easy.

from footballhead to firehead

That's bs, by the way.
A regular webcomic is a terrible medium to improve your art.
You don't want too much change in art in a comic like this. Plus, all you're doing is to draw lots of the same stuff over and over. Tom hasn't improved a lot if you consider how long he's been doing this.

> puberty rotated Annie's head 90 degrees

She literally could have opened the door a dozen other ways and the result would be the same. Its not a significant detail really.

I want to rotate Annie's head 90 degrees.

You want to snap her neck?

Yes.

They must be very small sex toys.

>I'd imagine something more like Siri

Im my mind, Goddess-Kat speaks like Siri, only laid atop a gentle rumble that makes the environment quiver at every word.

Not menacing. Just an acknowledgement of the presence of invincible power leashed by a gentle spirit.

>Thread gimmicks are at an all-time low

We're currently suffering from a bad spate of nazi-mod attacks.

Luckily, Hiroshi-moot took steps, with the new round of janitor apps, so things might get better.

Things also tend to happen in these threads in waves. Sometimes things just get quiet for completely unrelated reasons, I wouldn't worry too much about it!

Just for you, dilated-anus-kun.

>i don't think she ever did it again
Kinda, she later taught Reynard how to use the tools.

She had them way early on, and it's been referenced a few times.

Do we actually see Smithy mentioning the lock tools to Annie?

I am slightly disappointed by how Smithy's power developed, story-wise.

It started by being presented as making "everything boring" a source of anti-chaos, a concept that I really liked, much more interesting than just being "lucky", but then as the story progressed, it turned into "whatever is convenient".

Mind you, Tom isn't abusing Smithy's luck and is using it well and in an interesting way, but I still feel like there was a missed opportunity, there.

I am slightly disappointed by how Smithy's power developed, story-wise.

It started by being presented as making "everything boring" a source of anti-chaos, a concept that I really liked, much more interesting than just being "lucky", but then as the story progressed, it turned into "whatever is convenient".

Mind you, Tom isn't abusing Smithy's luck and is using it well and in an interesting way, but I still feel like there was a missed opportunity, there

No.
We didn't even know Smitty knew about them.
We didn't even know Kat knew about them.

Well we JUST had the string revelation, so I'm guessing that will tie into some important stuff, so his character still has a long ways to develop.

I think Tom in general is a little gun shy because of how retarded internet audiences are. People who ask things like, "What's going on in this page," despite being obvious, and he's catering to them.

I think that's why Parley and Jeanne had thought bubbles in their fight, despite Tom not liking them.

Yeah, that sucks.

I thought this comic was about a haunted ghost ship and/or bowling alley

Wait, but how old is Jones?

just a little younger than your mom.

It's 2016.
We got off the boat.

Forgot picture.

I want to see Kat's nipples peak out from beneath her overalls.

I agree with I mean yeah it did get better but he was still technically good back then, look at the detail in the doorknob and the tic-toc's face in

the fuck is going on with annies hair

I don't have any of Tom's old art handy, but he'd already done a lot of drawing by the time he started Gunnerkrigg

I think in one of the retrospective videos he talked about how he was shooting for a different style early on, but quickly started to regret it

it's tousled because she's still distressed

She's having ghost sex with the green guy - when kat picks the lock the thing will dissolve and it'll be him balls deep in annie in front of the ghost, who'll explode in sadness and spermoplasm all over musclevaj.

>but is it the canon way of how it looks
You are missing the point
there is no "canon" or "right" way it looks
it is ALL based on perspective, belief, and understanding to how the world works. We just see things from only two views at the moment. I hope we see a third sometime, maybe smitty could have a pretty cool interpretation of it.

>you're huge
>that means you have huge sounds