Moana

Disney uploaded the full We Know the Way song from Moana on Youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=ubZrAmRxy_M

Does anyone else wish they didn't use Lin Manuel Miranda's vocals for the English part? Opetaia Foa‘i (who sings the beginning) sang the English part at a premiere and it sounded so much better: youtube.com/watch?v=hmn7eBCrd98

Fully animated 'You're Welcome' is also on tube.

general moana thread? Just saw it yesterday and want to talk about it but the other one is a mine field

The other thread is the current general. If this one's still alive after the other one dies, we move here.

Fuck off Polynesia. I don't want to fight your fucking wars for you. And stop building cities near me.

this is probably the only song I liked in this movie

AUE AUE

>Not liking You're Welcome
>Not liking Where You Are
>Not liking Shiny
porquoi

I forgot about shiny. That one was pretty good too

CONSIDER THE COCONUT

This movie really made clear the importance of having pride in your people and your ancestry. I'm a white nationalist now. :

I'm considering it. What about it?

Is Moana good?
That clip gave me shivers.

>tfw nobody to go to the cinemas with and see the film.

I really liked this movie but a few days later I'm kind of wishing I could get all these fucking earworms out of my head.

It's like they're desperate to make anyone watch this movie!

Nu-uh, Zootopia was the black horse of this year, not neo-Pocahontas!!

>Is Moana good?
Great music. Maui/the Rock is great. The story's nice enough. Moana herself is kind of underdeveloped, but well-acted and very likeable.
Generally I'd put it in my top 3 Disney musicals alongside Beauty and the Beast and Mulan.

beautiful

Oh, it's a musical? Lame.

It took Disney way too long to realize that a musical with a core of good songs and reprises is better than a new song every few minutes.

How... how did you not tell that from the OP clip?
The entire soundtrack's online right now, so you can easily listen to them.
(Where You Are > We Know The Way > You're Welcome > Shiny.)

>tfw nobody to go to the cinemas with and see the film
so fucking what? just go by yourself, people don't give a fuck

Too ashamed to go watch a kid's film on my own.
People would think that I'm a pedo or something.

Go early in the morning, on a weekday if you can.

>that
>sounded so much better
user he can't even keep the key, it's out of his comfortable range

>generals
kill yourself

Easily the most emotionally exploitative movie Disney's put out in a while, really trying to ape Pixar's mastery of cheap heartstring-pulling.

It was enjoyable enough, and while the score is 100% unmemorable it's all bright and fun enough to carry the story while you're watching (unlike something like Tangled or Princess and the Frog)

People keep bringing up songs from the movie I don't remember existing. I don't know why people are saying the songs are good.

Maybe two of them.

WE ARE EXPLORERS READING EVERY SIGN

They're good songs, just not too memorable.

You're Welcome was obviously made as the "pop single" to be remembered.

A bit strange to me that they'd hire a separate singer for one character but let the Rock sing the single. They really had to work on that track in the studio, you can hear it strongest at each chorus.

I thought his acting was great, but when he sings "You're welcommmmmmmmmm" instead of "You're welcooooooooome" it triggers me

The movie has four main songs. Everything else is a reprise of two of them.

I find them all pretty infectious. The fact that people are arguing about which is the best shows there's more going on than something like Frozen which had the one mega-hit and a bunch of garbage.

>The fact that people are arguing about which is the best shows there's more going on than something like Frozen which had the one mega-hit and a bunch of garbage.

>implying Moana isn't exactly the same with a bunch of good but unmemorable songs and then one pop single

When are you people going to stop being so butthurt that Frozen was successful

>implying Moana isn't exactly the same with a bunch of good but unmemorable songs and then one pop single

Okay, which one is it then?

Is that a joke?

Moana's single is You're Welcome. It's not even a question. They even did a youtube release of the song's portion in the movie just like they did for Let it Go.

>They even did a youtube release of the song's portion in the movie just like they did for Let it Go.

Did you even read the OP?

I'm sorry, you're actually going to sit there and tell me that the song with fucking tribal lyrics in front of it is the pop single?

The central musical motif that comes back again and again in different forms? That's your pick for "pop single"? Not the one-off song that actually is a pop composition?

You'd have had a better (but still retarded) case with Shiny.

>I'm sorry, you're actually going to sit there and tell me that the song with fucking tribal lyrics in front of it is the pop single?

No I'm just calling you retarded for saying "they put it on Youtube that PROVES it's the single."

By the way the best pick for pop single is How Far I'll Go. It's certainly not the throwback glam song or the one sung by the wrestler who can't really sing.

>How Far I'll Go
Definitely a pop composition, but it's boring as shit.

>Dwayne can't sing so You're Welcome isn't a pop single
Bitch, please, that song is being sung by a robot.

Also
>THAT PROVES ITS THE SINGLE
cool strawman, faggot

Make that five.

Just checked the iTunes charts.

How Far I'll Go has two versions sitting at 15 and 30. You're Welcome is at 37. We Know the Way is at 43.

Fuck Kamehameha that two timing bastard

Why do people get so fucking testy over musicals? Just enjoy the music, it's not hard.

"youtube.com/watch?v=wyv0ZlW0yS0" my houli friend ;

"I am Moana" is my favorite track from the movie, I wish it was longer or at least that Moana's part in it was longer. I liked the others, but it stuck with me the most

You're Welcome and How Far I'll Go are both the pop singles. They made pop versions of both.

>user he can't even keep the key, it's out of his comfortable range

So? Still sounds better than Lin's strained vocals