Psylocke Thread

Why is she so perfect?

So is she Chinese or Japanese?

>that leotard which basically leaves her pantless
Oh yes

Her costume is fucking stupid.

And no, not because it's sexy. I love sexy costumes. It's stupid because it's stupid. What are those singular straps even supposed to do?

Fucking Soul Calibur wants its artist back.

British

So Chinese?

I would accept your criticism only if you dislike Spider-Gwen's design.

Psylocke was always one of my favorites. Maybe she can't headline a series, but that's okay. There's nothing wrong with being a team filler character and she can bring a lot of any team.

Pants where a mistake

Who hates pants more: Raven or Psyocke?

It's meh, and it has hipster shoes.

But at least it doesn't have weird spandex straps.

>MUH REALISM

I bet you also have a conniption when you see boob armor

It has a functionally redundant hoodie like the leg straps.

Betsy's distaste for legged garments is rivaled only by Cammy

No, because it serves a purpose. I don't care how "practical" it is, as long as it serves a purpose.

What purpose do singular spandex straps serve, we might never know

Fair point. But at least it's a part of her costume, it would be a lot worse if it was a separate accessory

>What purpose do singular spandex straps serve

Color balance and to help it stand out from just a plain swim suit. It's design element

>it's a betsy becomes a dictator and bans all legwear episode

she's Japanese, but next to nothing has been revealed about Kwannon, her body pre bodyswap, other than she worked for the Hand as an assassin and she was a mutant with empathy powers

thank god this era of Practi-Cool costumes is on it's last legs.

So she'll essentially be a sexier Darkseid? I approve.

I get it. It's definitely more memorable than a pure swimsuit. But they make no sense, and that bugs me.

>thank god this era of Practi-Cool costumes is on it's last legs.
If only.
I hate the "muh practical armor" arguments.

it's to look cool, that's the point she's a comic book character 1st bro.

Betsy's not an overdesigned mess like Batgirl

Don't get me started on Batgirl. "World's first practical superheroine costume", my ass.

My point is, they would look cool if they had any cool purpose behind them. Right now, they're just awkward single straps of spandex. She could at least hide shurikens there or something.

does it bother anyone else that Psylocke and Elektra are basically palette swap versions of each other?

>she's Japanese, but next to nothing has been revealed about Kwannon, her body pre bodyswap, other than she worked for the Hand as an assassin and she was a mutant with empathy powers

Mostly because pretty much every writer hates the whole Kwannon retcon and it's a huge fucking clusterfuck. Originally there was no bodyswap, Mojo just changed Betsy's appearance. The introduction and killing off of Kwannon made the whole thing confusing and convoluted with the sharing of memories and powers thing.

Darkseid never banned pants.

Has he?

But only for women. Women who have good legs.

Women with bad legs have to wear the Skirt of Shame.

best costume ever.

>But only for women.
What are you, some sort of man-hater?

Anyone with ugly legs goes to the gulag.

Or as they're now known, the guLEG.

Men with nice looking legs can stay though

He should.

Literally the only reason people like her is that she's dressed like a slut.

And that's a problem because...?

...and?

It makes her a shit character

it makes more sense for there to be a body swap tho since having your face turned all japanesey doesn't really make you want to become a ninja

I liked her before she dressed like that though.

She's not the same character as british Betsy

Does she ever lose that leotard?

Nah, shitty writers make her a shitty character.

Power Girl and Emma Frost dress slutty all the time, and they were good characters when written by decent writers.

Wtf are those straps of cloth going from her shoulders to her gloves?
Wtf are those red ascots tied around her legs?

Fuck, Psylocke seems to have a thing for stupidly designed outfits, no matter the body.

When she takes a bath

This.

>he doesn't like Alan Davis costume designs

fuck you buddy

Fuck you too. I don't like this specific design. Not even the design itself, it's pretty okay, I don't like these stupid nonsensical elements.

She kept the flowy look when joining the X-Men and its my much-preferred look for her. In a time when the X-Men were becoming increasingly militant in their designs it was nice to see a very soft, very feminine member of the team. Too bad it was so short-lived.

I used to have fanart of asian Psylocke in this costume which really surprised me. It changed her from the hardcore slutty ninja look to looking adorable and cute, which would be the best change to the character.

Psylocke doesn't mind not wearing pants because she's definitely a bit exhibitionistic about her wish-fulfillment body.
Raven actually actively dislikes wearing pants and prior to her de-aging wore Indian-style long sari exclusively when going as a civilian.

Not really, there's enough design differences involved. To my knowledge Jim Lee never drew Elektra either, and Psylocke's entire design comes from him.
I think it's the problem that there's only so many ways you can visually say "hot ninja chick" with your art. Honestly I thought Elektra looked more like a pirate or something with that bandanna.

Brilliant, thanks. I love that art.

I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there Redfred...

Get rid of the fang-shaped cuts on her sides, and make the pink fabric a very slight bit transparent, and we're good to go.

No.

Post more psylocke

No, niplocke is worst

Nipple-locke?

Boy, it sure as hell was easy finding the assblasted jealous landwhale women in this thread.

I'm the first user you quoted, and I even said outright I like sexy costumes. I just like non-stupid sexy costumes, is all.

Also, I am a semi-landwhale, but a male one

Tfw Namco makes an X-Men game with Soul Calibur style art

Daily reminder that Betsy is a psychopath.

Yes she is. Same character, new body

Psylocke is awesome through alot of X-Force material. Only the xmen treat her like their resident playboy bunny

They're both hand ninjas. That's the standard female uniform.

>That's the standard female uniform.
Where do I join?

Moar

What is it when husbandofags and waifufags who insist their character is amazing when all they like about them is that they jerk off to them?

Dick, Psylocke, Peeg, etc

Because she was created by a British man, like all great things.

it didn't bother the toymakers, that's for sure.

Damn, Darkseid sure knows how to put a hurt on a nigga's chair.