What did yours turn into?

What did yours turn into?

A Panera Bread

A chipotle. Some wing place and a Mediterranean restaurant that store was fucking yuge

pawn shop

die burger

A mini appliance direct, but i think that closed down too.

A Sherwin-Williams

The other became half a Chipotle and have AT&T.

The Burger The?

A bank.

a shitty thread

What is that a picture of?

Jimmy Hula's

I like it better this way

A dentist

Chinese 1€ Shop

It closed down and went under construction for over a year. Finally opened a friendlys there. Then after about 2 years that went under, they split the space up into two spots. It turned into a hair cuttery and one of those yuppie ass dog grooming places called unleashed.

Buffalo Wild Wings

an Allah arkbar deli

makes me sick if im out driving i make sure to avoid it

Specs, it's a liquor store

A fucking KFC. The area is now crime central.

Pizza place.

bakery, now a bike shop

Some hipster gym with an attached "rice bar" on one side of the building.
Fucking idiots think empty carbs are somehow good for post-workout shaking my head to be honest famodactyl

>popeyes chicken opens in my town
>gets robbed 3 times in the first week

A Hollywood Hustler

an edible arrangements store

A car parts place in town bought the space once they left. But get this. There's this old guy who I've been seeing around town for years and years, and he purchased all of the blockbuster's shelves and stuff they were getting rid of, and maybe a good portion of the games and movies too. He opened up his own rental place and dragged me in one day when I was walking by, talking about how he always wanted to start a business and "I hope people start coming soon!" I encouraged him, telling him to take advantage of Facebook for the easy advertising. Last I heard he was definitely NOT breaking even, and I don't even know if the place is still there. He set up a game room and everything for kids to try games or just play pool or darts. But nobody fucking cares about those things anymore, and he is definitely going to realize that the hard way.

I feel really bad for him, but it's kind of a glaringly obviously bad decision on his part.

A tragedy, considering popeye's is truly the kino of fast food chicken restaurants.

Some of the streetview angles still have the Blockbuster there. Like a ghost.

It's empty and has been since they closed

Their fault for building it next to the gas station that has to have it's windows barred because it got robbed so much.

I really, really, like this post

Sneed

It turned into some piece of crap restaurant as part of the local councils scheme to gentrify the area.

Not anymore after Burger King's parent company bought Popeyes

Pet Kraze - An overpriced Petsmart

Where we all fucked your mom

A restaurant. Then a few years later they bulldozed it and just made it into more parking spots for the mall it was in

Post office
>going in trying to find San Andreas and coming out with War of the Monsters instead
>his mum gets us mcdonalds on the way back to his place and we stay up until 3am playing it
Boy do I wish I was dead right now

Mine is a pet store. And it isn't even a cool one either. It only has a few birds for sale and some fish. The rest of the place is just toys and food.

I believe Blockbuster is the world's first corporate turned supernatural entity

a bank

a fried chicken place and a toy store

After 7 years of being an empty slot in the plaza they turned mine into a Panera Bread.

Villain's hideout.

Nothing. The entire complex went under when the neighborhood went to shit from crime and poverty. Bums squatted in it for years then the city bulldozed it after neighbors complained. Make America great again?

It's still a Blockbuster.

A bank, the weird ones with glass everywhere.

It was eventually sectioned off into 3 parts, and is now a 7-11, a peruvian chicken joint, and a barber shop

keke

Same here, except it wasn't a blockbuster. It was a Hollywood video. Nothing can beat those memories

an empty building with the letters imbued into it

It's in a popular shopping center but the building's just been stranded in time for 5 years

All of them, and I mean ALL of them, in my town turned into fucking mattress stores.

One of them barely even took down the blockbuster signage. It says stuff like "Now Showing: A great nights sleep!"

we had Global Video in Scotland. Braveheart was sold out for weeks. I think its an Indian takeaway place now

It's a minimall with a bunch of small shops like Subway and shit like that. Best part? They still have the blue and yellow Blockbuster awning and just changed all the names for the smaller stores. Never bothered changing it out completely.

That's fucking depressing.

War of the Monsters... Man, good times. Rented from Hollywood Video instead

Weber's pet supermarket.
There was also a Hollywood video+ game crazy near my house that became a bubble tea place and a dunkin donuts.

>Driving from Eielson to Fairbanks.
>Pass through North Pole, Alaska.
>See big ass Blockbuster sign.
>Whole truck explodes in excitement.
>We HAVE to stop in.
>Go inside and walk the aisles.
>Surprisingly, 5-6 customers already in there.
>We all leave and I drunkenly ask the teenager working the counter if he's paid in Mike n' Ike's

"Pff... I wish."

I didn't know blockbusters could transform into people

Domino's pizza

nandos isnt a fried chicken place they only grill their chicken you macaroni and cheese cluster fuck

Never had one. The locally owned video store turned into an Eckard's, then that moved to a standalone building and the space became a Dollar Tree.

Subway

A Chuck's Fuck & Suck. I heard there are thinking about selling it to a guy named Sneed. Wonder what he'll turn it in to...

the one I most frequently visited as a kid is still empty next to a dairy queen and a so-so hinese restaurant.
the only other one I went to became a medical center of some kind. fuckin Wyandotte, man.

They eventually turned it into a green space.

its beautiful, user

came here to post this

my contribution i guess. denny's > blockbuster > famous dave's bbq
its crazy how they were nothing, then expanding to every city, multiple locations in each. to completely nothing.

holy fucking shit. you had to take a dirt road to get to the astrodome back then?

well excuuuuuuuuuse me

a church

Planet Fitness. Not much of value was lost.

It's a Megafucks now

A shitty chinese buffet that also closed down

Not a blockbuster since we didn't have those in Belgium, but there were 2 video stores in my town. One turned into a grocery/tuxedo abomination store run by a nigger that went down after several months that's now just a house and the second turned into a health store and now it's a fast food place where everything tastes like pigslop.

>my blockbuster died
>but my family video is still going strong
what happened?

ashamed to admit this amuses me more than bane nowadays

A crack house.

Penis inspection center

*Harris County Domed Stadium

An auto parts store

It must've'd had been'd a big store

Turned in to a Hastings but now that whole chain is also shut down, it was empty the last time I saw it

a liquor store :(

A parking lot

;_;7

Are you trying to upvote it?

A shitty furniture store
A Hollywood video place that was nearby turned into a spic insurance place

A vitamen store
A gym
An advance auto parts
A buffett

A Bulk Barn. The other one I think turned into a pub?

The Rogers Video is a restaurant now.

Formerly Gino's Megakinos

a starbucks and a quiznos

Did someone tell you that you could post your non-blockbuster story in this blockbuster thread you fucking piece of shit?

woo boy it turned into a dennys/smoke shop/mexican restaurant/ a frozen yogurt place/ and a subway.

Chipotle

Five guys

Pets Store

two clothing stores

i miss renting n64 games. moreover i missed the opportunity to buy their stock when they went out of business. some of those old games are work a good buck nowadays.

pic related was a blockbuster exclusive that you could only get when they did their clearance.