Transformers thread

Transformers thread.

Talk about cartoons and comics based on the Transformers. Any edition, any version.

Starter topic: What the fuck happened to the IDW comics? Why did they become so dull?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KyVKK87hYYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Newsarama posted additional preview pages for MTMTE Revolution

New trailer sometime today. Here we go...

Meanwhile, Revolutionaries #1 is delayed by a month.

END

More le ebin maymay Transformers, no thanks

I never bothered with the old Marvel comics. I really like the current IDW stuff, should I bother with them? I feel like I'm missing out on something by having skipped them.

Trailer for what? The new movie?

Not the tripfriend but yes

Fucking kill me.
Is anyone at least interested in Optimus Prime? It's coming out this week. The first issue I mean.

Delayed to next week possibly because of shipping issues

They're making a new Transformers? Fuck me I thought they said the third one would definitely be the last?

I'd say so. Best to read the Marvel UK stuff over US since it reprints all the US stuff while also adding a ton of UK only stories with plotlines that later become part of the US series narrative when Furman takes over the US stuff.

Budiansky's stuff gets off to a good start, but he does clearly burn out with all the mandates to tie into toys. Furman's stuff is really great where it's great though.

I'm slightly behind but I was definitely really enjoying where Optimus' and Soundwave's stories were at where I was up to right before Titans Return.

The early US issue are very dated and obviously aimed at younger audiences. It picks up close to issue 50 and stays steady from their. The UK additions are a fun ride and have the quality of the late G1 US comic run (same author)

And honestly all you are missing out on are some small references you may already know and seeing a different take on characters you are use to.

>Starter topic: What the fuck happened to the IDW comics? Why did they become so dull?
MTMTE sucks because Roberts went full Moffat and ended up with self-indulgent meandering.
exRID and TAAO are better than they've ever been.
Revolution was just a big, dumb, fun event that was better than any of Marvel's in recent memory.

>Meanwhile, Revolutionaries #1 is delayed by a month.
Well, time to fucking kill myself!
I can't go that long without Best Boy.

>tripfriend
If there's anyone who deserves >fag it's Boco.

>MTMTE sucks because Roberts went full Moffat and ended up with self-indulgent meandering.

Was Roberts ever good? Like, Last Stand of the Wreckers was cool but everything else he's done has been meh.

Do mind me just posting best girl

Did you somehow miss the one that came out in 2014?

So when's the newest issues? Or is everything delayed for another month for no reason?

What is the cause of all of these delays anyway?

>Look at all those completely recognizable faces in the background.

Are there trades for it somewhere? The Mega only has single issues...

First "season" of mtmte was excellent but then it went to absolute shit and finished off with the giant turd that was issues 50-55

>What the fuck happened to the IDW comics? Why did they become so dull?
Around 2012.

>3RD Tantalizing issue!
I didn't realize it was such a distinction.

Don't tell me you liked Costa's run.

>with the giant turd that was issues 50-55

Imagine if instead of some retarded, giant mook filled shitshow of a finale that required asspulls and magic powers, they went for single issue, 1 on 1 VS battles in a hunters hunting hunters hunting hunters setup.

>still using that same reaction image after all this time
You're a dedicated shitposter I'll give you that.

I think that might be better than what we got but you're the same guy who keeps pushing that hunters hunting hunters hunting hunters and by this point I just think it's retarded because you're posted it so many times.

its the same faggot that shits up the /toy/ tfg too whenever anyone mentions IDW anything

You think thats bad, wait until they realize they fucked up the season finale and try to bring the DJD back via some contrived bullshit.

I can't decide if I'd grudgingly accept it because at least the DJD would get more story or be pissed at what a pathetic asspull it would be to appease everyone he screwed over. In seriousness though I doubt it's gonna happen, Roberts said on twitter he's pretty much done with the DJD. Unless he's lying or pulling some shit, who knows.

>"they weren't the real DJD, they were the Decoy Justice Division."

>Unless he's lying or pulling some shit, who knows.

I'd guess people being pissed at such a shit finale is pretty well known. It wouldn't be the first time anyone in comics had to backpedal on a bad idea.

>the anti-matter actually only sucked them into an alternate dimension and now they're back from it and pissed

>I'd guess people being pissed at such a shit finale is pretty well known.
Does he know though? Everyone on twitter where he posts actively was kissing his ass and congratulating him; I do wonder if he keeps up with opinion outside that place.

>I do wonder if he keeps up with opinion outside that place.
Why would he? Then he'd actually have to put some effort into becoming a good writer.

I'm going to assume in this day and age it's near impossible to avoid people trying to shit on everything you do, unless he lives in some cave in the mountains with no connections to anything.

A better question is where were the editors in all of this, who should've been able to spot such a shit finale a mile away and reject it right into a trash bin fire.

>where were the editors in all of this,
I think John Barber was still suffering from a contact high with Tom Scioli.

Barber has been slowly easing out of being editor, he said he wasn't gonna be the head editor anymore but I don't remember when that was going to happen. But either way he's been checked out for quite some time.

That's not Shred.

>The real DJD were the Cobalt Sentries
This would retroactively redeem all of Roberts' work for me.

He's not an editor at all any more. He's basically said that he doesn't really enjoy it despite how good he is and he'd rather focus on his writing.

>Funpub character
>best anything
kekles

>Not liking based Frank
>Not being able to tell the difference between the shitty FunPub comics and the GOAT FunPub text stories

Have to agree with that.
FP's not very good at, well, everything. The text stories however is the exception that proves the rule.

Frankly, I can't credit FunPub for that anyway. Sepelak/Troop/Sorenson/Frank/all the others are freelancers doing their own thing, not actually part of FP.

>trailer premieres during Monday Night Football

Primus help me, I'm tempted to watch...SPORTS!

So do I have shit taste or am i just blind to flaws? I enjoyed the entire run of MTMTE. I also didn't find All Hail Megatron too offensive ethier.

I think it has some flaws but i quite enjoyed the run, waiting for the 3rd season both OP and Lost Light

Friendly reminder

>Shockwave prime

The thing i didnĀ“t know i needed

I'm voting Shockwave too

Shiiiit trailer just aired, Optimus is being taken over and appears to attack Bumblebee
>Anthony Hopkins narrating the whole thing
Classy.

youtube.com/watch?v=KyVKK87hYYM

If this means the winner gets a new toy, then I'm voting Thunderwing. Twice.

Hound for Primezident. He never gets to do anything.

>If this means the winner gets a new toy

For fucks sake. There's a 95% chance these guys already have working prototypes, regardless of who wins, specially since they're showing off the winning toy barely a month after the voting ends.

I know deep inside that its going to suck, but now im hyped

>Starter topic: What the fuck happened to the IDW comics? Why did they become so dull?

First they started pandering to tumblr, then they started up a company-wide crossover in order to shoehorn GI Joe, ROM, and a bunch of other old characters not many people care about.

I'm hoping that now that the crossover is over, we can get back on track.

So how long before IDW Megs gets an axe?

He probably won't, remember people thought the last movie would influence the comics too but it didn't.

>watch a few TF cartoons
>enjoy the mix of memorable characters with fun action
>decide to delve into the comics
>the comics are nothing but people standing around talking about politics

oh ok

Read All Hail Megatron. Thats how all of these comics should've been written.