It sucks

it sucks.

it's a bit worse than that, so i'd say it swallows

a bit more worst, it's like swollowing his own vomit.

If you point out any of its flaws you'll get spammed with "HURRRRRRRRRRR U R Sup Forums DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

actually, Sup Forums was right.

Am I the only one who doesn't fucking care about gender/race casting, and just thinks the show sucks purely cause it just isn't very good?

>the show sucks purely cause it just isn't very good?
If you didn't like this show its because you're a nazi. period.

You can't point out the disease and ignore the symptoms, user. It's only a matter of time before they have a token genderfluid alien from Planet Tranny being beaten up by the Trump voters er um I mean Klingons.

Where? What fucking website isn't circlejerking over how much they hate this show?

>"HURRRRRRRRRRR U R Sup Forums DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

This is how a normal person types, a true fan of film and television as media arts. Take his word for it.

the story is written in a way so their own ideologie sounds right, that's where the story fails hard. It feels akward and more often wrongly placed in the story telling.

Why the fuck had she at the beginning of season one such a long log entry? It was too much. Like:
>Look how clever this person is.
as if they try hard to prove their own point.

I agree. There is no part of that isn't fucking retarded. The cast is perfectly fine.

it sucks if you don't like chick dramas. but as a chick drama it has all the elements that fangirls want like angsty gf-bf (of course, as in all chick shows they don't start that way, they have to be annoyed with each other first) relationship drama, night-time heart-to-heart talks with best girlbuddy (which is why a first officer of a ship shares a cabin with a cadet - it's illogical but with chick drama logic that's perfectly ok) and angsty muh-feelings-affecting-the-physical-universe plot points.

>a chick drama
Gilmor Girls in Space?

>Where?

Literally every single thread on Sup Forums about this shitshow for the past 24 hours.

I don't care about that shit man, I just fucking hate that star trek is now a generic space action movie/series. In two episodes they did zero sci fi things, they just fought and acted like rabid children.

>Female character named Michael

how the fuck did this get funded?

I simply love how this manage to triggers the idiots here
How many threads did we have only today with people bitching about it ? 10 ?

And this offends you? Really?

what i want to know is why the fuck they decided to make it about one character instead of an ensemble cast.

In DS9 Jadzia Dax was a female, but had a male host previously

It didn't force "female with a male name" nonsense on you did it?

didn't you like the philosophical aspect of the highly intelligent wymen? It is almost unnoticeable how they made strong wymen so strong looking. Much strong wymen, wow diversity.

Intelligent women triggers you?

This. FOR CHRIST SAKE THIS! Why aren't more people discussing THIS!?

>The cast is perfectly fine.
Unless you're talking about their acting ability, in which case they are lacking in every way.

>force
I'm very glad I'm not you.

bad acting triggers my almonds.

>gilmore girls in space

but with less comedy. it has the older-female-younger-female mentoring relationship like you see in supergirl (kara and cat grant) and in devil wears prada. and they've stated who will be the love interest.

it will be more like a traditional soap opera with klingon family in-fighting and starfleet in-fighting and schemes.

It's going to be fembusters all over again. Everyone will hate it because it was obviously shit while still in production, then all the defenders of the turd will claim misogyny. Screencap this.

This is the one complaint in all these hatedom circlejerk threads that I agree with. I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't see how they can call this Star Trek if every episodes ends up being about Michael.

let me clarify

DS9 had good writing, STD has shit writing

U can stop the anti-shilling Seth your series is shit.

That was not my question

Seeing as how I've only seen two episodes so far I guess I'll just have to take your word on it.

>I like eating shit
>Sup Forums intellectuals

Oh boy. Haven't even watched this trash and I didn't know they did this.

>Hey guys, let's make StarTrek, but we'll cut out all the things about StarTrek people like
>And then?
>What?

>then all the defenders of the turd will claim misogyny.
the "strong wymen" was badly written and had the "try hard" labeled all over the place. This is one of the reason why it is so badly written. But yeah, when pointing out this indotrination diversity bullshit narrative, it will be dropped as just some angry mysogeknee fanboys rage.

because std is a relationship drama. it's about a human raised as a vulcan who tries to navigate relationships outside vulcan society and how to be human. this is why i hate this show so much. it's yet another sci-fi show that's being taken over by soap opera faggots.

Finally! Something feminazis and rural and suburban retards can agree on.

I actually kind of liked The Orville. It's not a super strong start, but it's kind of space opera comfy. I'm glad someone offered an alternative to this abortion. I'll probably get around to watching it, but when something looks so bad you don't even want to pirate it, you got problems.

I actually liked it, and I'm a longtime trekkie, I've seen all episodes and movies of all series other than the animated series.

I think you guys just want to hate it.

problem with std is not gender, voyager has female main character. problem with std is not race, ds9 has black main character.

the problem with std is that it's a fucking soap opera pretending to be a star trek show. and that they have lady gaga drag queens pretending to be klingons.

>a human raised as a vulcan who tries to navigate relationships outside vulcan society and how to be human.
this sound similar to another serie. Can't exactly remember, was a old serie. Maybe from the 80's? I think it was about the Hood.

The Klingons were awesome, I like the changes they've made. They feel more alien now. I don't get what's soapy about it.

I think you guys just want to hate it.

"Lets walk in the shape of a Federation symbol"
"But isn't it at least slightly windy due to the coming storm, and all the sand will just blow away?"

Every single minute of the show pissed me off in another way. Every moment was full of something dumber.

Dax was the name of the trill.
Jadzia was the girl's and it changed when she became fuck muffin.

the visuals were top notch, but the writing was terrible
The Chinese captain should have been the main lead and she should have been portayed as descenting into souless war criminal monster that slaughters Klingon farmers by the end of the season

I think you're just a shitmunching nerd who likes anything with phasers.

I watched feminist frequency's review, they didn't like it.
According to feminists, the Klingons represent black people and it's super racist.

duh, it's Star Trek

>I think you guys just want to hate it.
I think your opinion is shit.

I haven't seen the show yet. If she's human then why does she have knife ears?

obviously we want to hate it, doesn't change the fact that they gave a lot of ammo to do so

Nah. It's not that bad.

I'll be watching

this

You guys know there will never be good sci-fi ever again, right? Everyone is going to try to pander to the reality tv audience from now until the end of time. Nobody gives a flying shit about tired ass klingons.

Regardless, DS9 had good writing

STD is shit.

There were a few good good scenes in the first episode.

>Klingons represent black people and it's super racist.
b-but the klingons have a white minority on their black supermancy klingon ship of diversity!?

I agree, I liked it besides the theme, title sequence, lens flares and dutch angles, otherwise good.

it's not klingons who are soapy. it's the focus on relationships like what they talk about during cast interviews and what's seen on the trailer (the trailer even has that song with angsty tune similar to most angsty songs girls love). it's all about how the girl deals with relationships and how captain mentors her and how cadet bestie supports her.

they even put an officer in same cabin with a cadet. that's the kind of chick logic that you only see in soap operas. they did it of course so that she and her bestie can have love life talks before they go to sleep.

the std klingons look like lady gaga drag queens.

>There were a few good good scenes in the first episode.
I agree.
The visuals were quite good.
Also nothing will look like TOS and we should come to terms with it.Time has moved on, you can't have anything looking that retro and being attractive to audience.
Discovery made that alien primitives look interesting plus the binary system visuals were stunning

It wasn't that bad. Only real complaint is Michael's character. Nothing to do with her race/gender, she's just too immature.

This, more or less. I don't presume to know everyone's intent online, but Sup Forums has relatively recently been full of sheep who jump onto hatedoms like it's going out of style.

Men still hate VOY for no good reason though. To this day it's still my favorite because it dealt so heavily with the Borg and was 100% TNG era flavored, but upgraded for more recent technology.

>It wasn't that bad. Only real complaint is Michael's character.
Nah, there were couple of scenes when you feel the scene was forced.
Also the SJW moments like calling white skin "mistake" and so on.

See:

watch the show first. then make stupid comments. don't be lazy and skip step one.
See? normal human ears.

So you're telling me you thought that the acting, constant close-ups, and shitty writing was good?
Not being facetious, I genuinely want to know.

>The visuals were quite good.

If by quite good you mean "looked like authentic early 2000s videogame cutscenes" then yeah, they looked f'ing great.

Those aren't normal human ears.

Honestly I'm not sure the old Star Trek formula would even work today. I find it hard to imagine TNG with slightly better effects and makeup airing today. Maybe I just lack imagination.

I'm a longtime trekkie user, and it's terrible. If you think the camera tilts, lens flares, Sci-War drama, and bad writing with hamfisted acting is good, well then your brow and bar are set too low for me.

I WANTED TO LIKE IT. No, I WANTED TO LOVE IT. But this shit isn't Trek. You know it, and anyone who loves trek knows it too.

I could list reasons all day.
Janeway is a psychopath.
The series cucked the Borg, the Q and the only cool thing they introduced species 8472.
Andy Dick.
etc

But it's Neelix. Neelix is why I hate Voyager. I hate him so much.

i fucking hate reality tv and the idiots who watch them thinking their reactions and fights and screams are real and not scripted/planned/suggested-by-producers.

and i fucking the writer's strike that made the networks put on more reality shows so that they won't have to pay writers and made them think it's cheaper to air reality shows and now you have excess out-of-work writers from soap operas writing for sci-fi shows.

she's a secret knife eared faggot irl

>If by quite good you mean "looked like authentic early 2000s videogame cutscenes" then yeah, they looked f'ing great.
Show me a SF series with better visuals.
Also yes, early 2000s videogame cutscenes look better than TOS.

This 100x

Man idk why people bitch so hard about it.
The first 2 episodes of STD was better than the first 2 episodes in TNG which obviously was the best star trek. Klingons are different sure, but i like how we hear more klingon language which is like poetry to my ears.
Personally i'm excited to see more of this show.

They conveniently neglected to notice that.

Post a picture of one of your ears right now.

The people bitching about it are not people who actually watch the series
Just people who wants to bitch and hate it

i love voyager because they're exploring an unexplored area of the galaxy.

std is just about some secret drama in their history that was never dramatized before and each ep will be the same group of people going angsty muh-feelings over trust issues and betrayals and love and family.

what the fuck happened

also, it sucks

Why did they even other to say this is a Prime timeline Trek when that's demonstrably wrong?

>Klingons looked like Worf before TOS, then like humans, then like Worf again, Confirmed across numerous shows.
>Klingons now have previously and later unseen WAHRHAMMER ship design
>Starfleet flies TNG design ships 100 years before it happened
>Hologram communication
>Klingons having cloak tecnology
>"Nobody has seen a Klingon in a hundred years" directly lifted from that Romulan episode of TOS.
>fucking ensign Daft Punk

This mind-boggling. They straight up lied about this being a Prime timeline show, or they just didn't give a fuck. Anyone who says he's a (((Trekkie))) who watched other show and is okay with this is a 100% CBS shill.

Farscape had better visuals than this, and it started in 1999. There are more to visuals than budget. This was the TV equivalent of Metallica's Death Magnetic. Take a name you love, give them tons of time and money, and then watch them turn it into a giant fucking worthless mess.

>Regardless, DS9 had good writing
Nope. I will never comprehend why DumbShit9 gets so much praise while VOY gets so much hate. Once Odo got depowered, that show was over. Everything about that fucking show was boring. The Bajorans were one of the few things that COULD have been interesting and they just turned them into boring Palestinians. Even the Wormhole alien shit turned out boring. And that fucking """caption""" was insufferable. His fake laugh still makes me cringe.

What a time to be alive.

You're just confused because she's an actual 3D person.

>more alien

no, they don't. they just look more negro. you're either a moron or a racist.

>Farscape had better visuals than this, and it started in 1999
You mean the show with muppets ?
BUAHAHAHAHAHAH

>The visuals were quite good
This. It's the only reason I will be tuning in next week for the 2nd episode. Wait...what's that? I have to watch it online? Sign up for what? Another new streaming service? CBS??
>intothetrash.jpeg

>The first 2 episodes of STD was better than the first 2 episodes in TNG
Why do people have such a hate-boner for Farpoint? I thought it was bretty gud, desu.

>who watched other show and is okay with this is a 100% CBS shill.
Oh get a grip.
There was obviously a lot of SJW non-sense, but there was also a lot of action and stunning visuals better than any previous show had.

It is actually growing on me.

>TOS
>People are comparing this to TOS, not the good StarTreks
This is the worst timeline.

Sup Forums is always right

>The visuals were quite good.

They were over-done and there was too much detail in everything in every scene, shit's distracting for a show that's primarily about PLOT

It's the future. Gender norms are a thing of the past.

>no, they don't. they just look more negro.
Maybe you are in USA. I live in Poland and never saw a black person in real life. To me they look alien.

>You mean the show with muppets ?
Star Wars and The empire Strikes Back had Muppets you fucking nigger. They look great.

>Just people who wants to bitch and hate it

Tbqh senpai I wanted to like it, two hours of quality scifi content would have been just great. Loved every trek since TNG (Fuck TOS, sue me.) but I honestly couldn't make it past the 10 minute mark. Unless the tone/overall feel changes a lot it seems to be pure shit. Liked the nu-klingons most but honestly couldn't stand just about everything else.