en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawolf-class_submarine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

now its a little late....

What you could have taught me...

I didn't realize they sunk the F-117

I just see water

could have saved some face...

what are all those people looking at?

Is there any real reason for that kind of design? How good are those ships? They look like modern day Ironclads

Why are you posting pictures of lakes or rivers?

Why is there a crowd of people standing in that first photo? What are they looking at?

>Is there any real reason for that kind of design?
radar invisibility I think

they break down in warm water i read

Stealth Battleships

Is there suposed to be something else?

Sexy AF

Wish we could turn back time

Stop posting unrelated photos of trees and rivers.

Oh, and check our invisible tank.

It looks like the textures haven't loaded yet

To the good old days

its called a destroyer the same way the f117 was called a fighter. I dont know what you'd call it honestly, but its an answer to the hole left from the iowas. That gun system is the best in the world. Its got a range of 110 miles and is a hell of a lot cheaper than a missle. It looks like that in an attempt to be stealthy.

its powered by gas turbine engines which while not cheap to fuel are a pretty quiet plant.

looks like a stop sign familam

didn't these things rust to pieces, and get sold for like one cent on the dollar of what they cost for scrap?

Can any of you fathom how comfy that CO is right now?

>whines about pictures of trees and rivers
>posts picture of trees and road

they're way too expensive which is why they're only building 3. the third one is being considered for a railgun to replace one of the 155mm naval guns.

what is this, fucking minecraft? fuck off with your shit nigger bullshit motherfuckers and get fucking real, start making wars again with swords and bows+arrows you fucking niggers everywhere over the world

Stop posting landscape shots this shout be on /out/ faggot

They build these in the town I live and know a couple people that work at Austal. So much fraud waste and abuse goes on there. Tax payers should be irate about these things honestly.

Check out this beauty

I was thinking of the Sea Shadow. Whoever bought that hull as scrap made a shitload of cash, the entire thing was filled with stainless plumbing

i think they could build a death star with all the money the military wastes, but these things are fuggin gorgeous. They're bigger than ww2 era battleships.

Haha you polacks are full of shit, if you think a white shed is a tank

Looks like the wings got a little water damage.

Lets all felate the military industrial complex.

t. amerisharts

Underrated

wrong thread?

Don't tell the Muricans in this thread but I can see their stealth ship in those pictures.

BIG BLACK

Do you have a river fetish or something? Why are there people gathered?

Are you some sort of hacker or something?

Are these actually invisible to radar or is it yet another wasteful military-industrial complex meme like the F-35?

>guns are cheaper than missiles
What is the accuracy on those things

>spend billions on a stealth ship
>i can still see it

And you burgers wonder why everyone thinks you are retarted

I read it appears as a 30ft boat on radar, while being a 600ft murican killing machine

Nothing is invisible if you look hard enough. The question is who's going to be looking? The US navy can claim air supremacy wherever their carriers go, so that just leaves submarines, and its a very quiet plant.

>the tank is masquerading as a stop sign
RAII mirage tanks confirmed!!!

Nice forest

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Gun_System

they're actually guided.

it's not underrated, jsut not funny

Pretty hard to spot via radar, but it's really a missile avoidance thing since these ships will be traveling in a battlegroup the size of a minor city. The whole idea is to not get pegged with an exocet (or chinese knockoff equivalent)

Polish roads confirmed worse than romanian ones.
And where's the tank polack?

Clearly fucking visible.
THAT is your big bad ship? Ha!

Named after a Jew? Of course it is.

Jews are sneaky so it makes sense

you fight and you where right, but they where just too strong. They stick it in your face and let you smell what they consider wrong. Thats why I say Hey Man Nice Shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=cH11dBX9P3g

I really don't get the American military. You develop all of these amazing pieces of technology, then, in the final stage, when you've spent billions over several decades, you decide you don't want them. Examples? The Comanche, the Raptor and now this one.
The worst part is that you keep building old shit. You know what replaced the Zumwalt? The previous destroyer from the 1980s that the Zumwalt was supposed to replace, which they're still building.
They stopped production of F-22s as well, but they keep building F-15s, F-18s and F-16s, and the steaming pile of shit that is the F-35. Same with the Comanche. It was cancelled, but they keep building Apaches, which first took flight in the 70s.

Well, it does kinda look like a big Jew nose.

I think a lot of it is first proving what can be done, and then trying to do that affordably.

>Poland says this is their tank
>posts picture without a tank
>Poland
Checks out

just like with the seawolf class submarines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawolf-class_submarine

>Autistic Viking with tourettes

how does that thing float on the thin sides like that? Is there something underneath?

I get it.

That looks fucking cool

It's all politics and "jobs" at first and everyone is happy. The contractors make huge promises but the tech isn't even beyond the concept stage and everyone knows that it'll blow it's budget 4x before it's done. Mission accomplished, Lockheed Martin will be in business for another presidential term.

Then you get an administration or congress change and things get cancelled because all these weapons programs are basically blank check spending and someone gets pissed.

We really need to quit doing "blue sky" full retard mode weapons development and focus on incremental upgrades on proven ideas and systems, which we actually do a lot of, but it never gets press. Our ships, planes, etc are constantly getting upgraded. Also I think the US needs to finally get over the "not invented here" syndrome and look at the EU for things like artillery and missiles, they outpace us in many ways.

this stupid 11 year old juvenile invisible meme is so cringeworthy

I bet 100 dollars that every single slavshit and tiny dick pigskin who perpetrates this meme is a virgin

Upgrading only gets you so far. Weapon development takes a lot of time and a lot of money, so it's better to go through with it and have a weapon that can be used 30-40 years down the line, rather than just upgrading your old hardware.
That being said, obviously both need to be done and have been done as far back as WW2.

>Also I think the US needs to finally get over the "not invented here" syndrome and look at the EU for things like artillery and missiles, they outpace us in many ways.
The Norwegian Naval Strike Missile is set to replace the Harpoon, but because of the very reason you mentioned, I'm guessing the contract will go to an American company.

I understand the practicality but that thing is ugly as ass.

Zumwalt is a fuckin meme m8, the navy cut their numbers way down because they know it's not a useful ship at all, it's just a floating spaceship for the sake of building a floating spaceship.

Comanche was a long and sad, they fucked around on it for so long that drones ended up doing the job that it was meant to do and the decided they liked the drones better

Underrated

How exactly is this thread Sup Forums related. And these forced meme posts are just the op posting on multiple IPS

>Sage

It's a modern incarnation of the Iowa. The US navy needs a big flagship with big guns to shell far away targets, it just doesn't need more than two or three.

>The US navy needs a big flagship with big guns to shell far away targets,

it literally doesn't

Blame Russia for collapsing. No, really, without their pressure, orders were cut on everything or completely nixed.

The Raptors development was pushed back because of the "Peace Dividend", the Crusader was pushed back and dumped, the Seawolf's orders were cut, FOTT was killed, CKEM was killed, ALL of the M-16 replacement programs, the FCS, the entire SC21 program got scrapped, and the reason for two guns on the Zumwalt class is due to old fucks in congress that went B-B-B-BUT MUH NAVAL GUNFIRE IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN SUPPORT TROOPS BRING BACK DA IOWA!

As an amateur military historian it's pretty disgusting tbqh famalam.