Its been 10 years Sup Forums

Its been 10 years Sup Forums
In the end. Who was truly right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Norman Osborn.

Iron Man but as usual he doesn't get the moral victory

Neither. just like neither was in the right in CWII.

Spider-Man

Iron Man had the righ idea, but they had to paint him as a villain so cap could be a hero instead of dumb idealist who think people should be able to walk arround fighting crime whith world breaking powers however they feel like

But how do you establish a governing body for supers without them ending up as human WMDs corrupt politicians can order to attack enemy nations?

And if a guy who can throw you into the sun fails to fill out the proper paperwork after stopping a mugging because he just doesn't fuckin' feel like doin' it, how the fuck do you punish him?

Neither. While Iron Man was right that walking atom bombs needed to be kept in check, Cap was right about Stark and SHIELD's plan going too far in its execution (ESPECIALLY the whole "held in the Negative Zone indefinitely without trial" thing, although Cap had no way of knowing they were doing that until Spidey defected and told him). Both ended up acting like gibbering idiots, as superheroes in event comics are wont to do.

Tin Head was wrong in use the force for endorse his point. A wise choice would have been make a department in the state to regulate the super-heroing. Leave the vigilantism to the autorities, the problem when you mix super and politics it´s which grade of trust you put in both suits. Both will inevitable get corrupted by power. Basically his failure was take full control of the matter with his group of yes-men and don´t explore the situation with more diplomacy.
Flag-man, for the other side, was wrong in left unsupervised the super-hero community. Stanford Massacre it was a non-every day situation, but Millar´s idea of this super Columbine was show the potencial danger of leaving the new superhero kids walking around without a proper mentoring.

Both were stupid on their move around the subject. But I really love how Millar make the reduction of both characters at their simple expression. Tony, the man who want to fix the world vs. Steve, the man who want save the world from itself.

Haven't kept up with Marvel lately, is Civil War II about the same crap?

Also Iron Man was right, but he just HAD to go full autoritarism about it.

It's worse

The first Civil War was entertaining, even if filled with plot holes, but the actual one is just too dumb

As usual the guy that wants to look out for normal humans was right but obviously the story didn't agree

>Who was truly right?

cyclops

Disassembled may have been the start of Marvel's dark age, but Civil War was the final nail in the coffin. And now here we are.

>Civil War II about the same crap?
No. CWII is the Minority Report, but infinitely more stupid.

Hero vs hero thread?

Who wins between Thorse and new Thor?

>Civil War was 10 years ago
Geez, time flies when you're too deep shitposting

Does anyone else feel like it was just yesterday when we were shitposting about Stupid Pills and Peterfags/Spockfags?

Ate you stupid OP? Cap is on the right side of the image. Why did you need us to tell you?

Only correct answer.

Ironman was right in theory but not in practice.

If they hadn't made him ridiculously evil and changed what the registration act meant in every book Cap would've looked like a baby throwing a tantrum

Obviously it's Spider-Man.

>On Iron Man's side because it's the most logical.

>Once Iron Man begins compromising his moral integrity he left in order to stop it before things got even more out of hand.

Member when Spider-Man had his shit together? With no OMD shit staining his character.

>Marvel has been on decline for 10 years
im surprised they survived this long

I-I member

Thanks to the MCU.
Wonder what will they do when the superhero movie fad dies.
They can't make comics for shit, that's for sure.

I like Civil War because if nothing else, it gave us Back in Black.

I like Quesadilla on the whole has EiC, but he did some dumbfuck things, OMD is one of them.

>Well that was fun while it lasted. Guess it's back to the grind as usual.

>Hey, I was wondering, for my next issue of Hellca-

youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8

The one who has Bendis on his side

Can we just meme magic Ike to death then
i mean Sup Forums crashed a plane and Sup Forums got trump into the white house
theres gotta be some of that for us right?

Only correct answer.

Why go for something so small? We should meme magic the MCU to death, that'll be a true display of our power.

You fucking wish the MCU had more influence over the comics. If Kevin Feige was in control of Marvel comics right now it'd be god tier.

Blame Ike and Bendis for the state of the comics.

Why would you want to kill the only good thing at Marvel?

>You fucking wish the MCU had more influence over the comics.

I really don't, I think the movies are uninspired trash.

>Blame Ike and Bendis for the state of the comics.

I also blame Quasada. When you start making adaptations that are based off of other adaptations, then you have problems.

We can spare the Netflix shows, but the MCU are complete garbage. Regardless of whether I like it or not, meming a man to death is nothing. No one will care, a man is just a smuge on the larger scheme of things. However, to destroy a company's foundation? Their main bread and butter? Their idea that gave them trillions? Now that would be huge, might even top Sup Forums using meme magic to get Trump into office. The best part is, it's relatively easy when you think about it.

Simple, you make it a law that they can't operate outside US soil without approval from congress and the president, even then they could refuse it if they wanted.

Also you speak like there aren't already several super powered individuals working for the US army in Marvel comics

>the MCU is garbage

hello contrarians

Every one of their movies all share the same plot, pacing, and feel to them. Even in the shit state that Marvel comics are in right now, they at least offer something new with every series. If you read Vision then read Hellcat you're gonna get two completely different stories in plot, feeling, and quality.

>Every one of their movies all share the same plot, pacing, and feel to them.
Because they are part of the same series. It's like complaining about all the Harry Potter films being the same.

You know, I already spent time explaining this, so I'm just gonna copy paste, but the movies are literally following the same pacing and plot down to a fucking tee. There's nothing present that separates these movies from one another besides swapping out words from the summary.

>Introductory explaining and now showing [Powerful object] and how [enemy] wants it.

>Quote "You can't stop [thing enemy is bitching about]

>Scene with [main character] fighting small group of enemies (alternatively) forming the team.

>They lose this first fight because [Villain] didn't die or planned it from the start.

>"UGH! I'M THE MAIN CHARACTER AND I FEEL SO ANGSTY ABOUT [thing]"

>Followed up with an ominous shot of [broken object belong to hero] or [Hero staring off into space]

>[Main character] basically gives his insecurities a middle figure and fight big bad again. (Alternatively) We now know as a team how to work together.

>FIGHT SCENE!

>Oh noes! [Main character] is gonna lose!

>JK it was a trick. He actually one.

>[One liners used to make memes]

>uh oh, but what's this? [Person] talking about [thing from upcoming movie]

There, I just explained how every movie is the same and incredibly bland.

Tony did nothing wrong.

>there's conflict
>conflict is resolved

Uh-huh

Except Iron Man is right because Carol is hellbent on locking people up without due process. HydraCap even proved Ulysses' powers can be manipulated.

Why would you want to kill Marvel, you stupid cunt? The storytelling can always get better. If you kill the MCU, Disney starts caring that the comics aren't making money, and you've got no more Spider-Man ever again.

In those exact steps, in the exact same order, with the exact same timing.

Except that Iron Man didn't care about any of that until Rhodey died in circumstances that weren't Ulysses' fault. He's literally just using "distrust" of Ulysses to cover up Muh Rhodey.

Movies that this does not fit:
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Civil War

5/10 Earned a (you)

wrong

Because then the writers get desperate, desperation is when most great stories are made. They're too comfortable right now for good stories. Also, someone's bound to buy Spider-Man.

>and you've got no more Spider-Man ever again.
Not a bad thing. At this point it's mercy-killing.

>Iron Man and the suit that "BUILT WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS...IN A CAVE!" with Obadiah Stane

>Hulk with Hulk himself and/or his "condition" with Abomination.

>Thor with his hammer and Loki

>Captain America with the Cosmic Cube and the Red Skull

>Iron Man with the armor and Hammer/Whiplash

>Iron Man and Extremis with Guy Pearce

>Ant-Man with the pym particles and Yellow Jacket

>Civil War with Bucky himself and Zemo

The only one you might have a point with is Winter Soldier, and that's because I can't remember that movie all too well. Take your (you) and leave.

Correct.

>Thor with the casket of ancient winters and Loki*****

kek you're not even good at over-simplifying things

>Over-simplifying.

Plug in the words I provided into the formula I posted above and you have a summary for all those movies.

Me for not buying that piece of shit.

2008-2012 were fun years.

yeah and that summary is "conflict happens and is resolved"

Give me the name of a movie that isn't from the MCU or is Suicide Squad that follows this same formula.

the fifth element

Theoretically Thorse because he's super badass even without his hammer, but like all comic books it's down to whoever is writing the story

As with the first CW, Tony had the right idea but his execution was wrong. Reminds me of most current Marvel writers actually.

Capitalism>America

Cyclops.

*Salutes