Now you can buy a USB stick that destroys anything in its path

Any user wanna give this a try?

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/now-you-can-buy-a-usb-stick-that-destroys-laptops/
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100011692 100011693 600414921 600414920&IsNodeId=1&Description=1tb ssd&name=SSDs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> Link

zdnet.com/article/now-you-can-buy-a-usb-stick-that-destroys-laptops/

This really isn't that new.
Give me a usb, a power cord, and a soldering kit and I could make this.

These have been around for years.

so the Chinese want to start house fires now

HOLY FUCK WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE IMPLICATION OF USING THESE THIGS FOR THE GREATER GOOD???

Useless. Make it bypass any login passwords and then we're talking.

Many people don't want to destroy a computer before they've mined it for information first.

Explain.

Because they're nothing special. Watch me build a USB stick that injects the computer with water. It's mediocre at best

V
O
T
I
N
G

These will be popular with pedos who hear a hard knock at their door.

Why not just smash it with a rock?

M
A
C
H
I
N
E

that didnt work out so great for shillary

It wont do shit to a harddrive

>knock on pedos door
>pretend to be police demanding entry
>pedo destroys thousands of dollars of computer equipment

>federal pound you in the ass prison for terrorism

Doesn't really solve the issue of voter fraud. Burning the book just means they can get a new one and fill in what they want.

>thousands

>UN and DHS occupied voting booths
>Free Election

Pick one

Ask me how I know you don't know shit about computers.

If you already know of a paedophile and want to ruin his life why not just call the police on him?

Typical abo. Not everything can be solved by hitting it with a rock.

>ooga booga me work for Clinton foundation me wipe email *WACK*

this has been possible ever since the usb port came into being, firmware contained in each and every usb stick is not protected or checked upon installation when you stick it in a device for the first time, there's the delivery method

buy a 1000 usb sticks, put your trojan in there and distribute them throughout likely places where people would lose them, unsuspecting victims pick them up an 99% pugs them into their windows computers, then wait a month or two for the keylogger to gather enough passwords and local storage access to possible user certs, then in a single night buy a bunch of smartpaycards/bitcoins or similar shit using the victims' online banks then spend it all on fancy hats

Useless, won't affect hard drives.

this

there's really no point in those

Listen to the Slav. Most of our attacks on our network that isn't Chinese, comes from you filthy bastards.

This is going to get a lot of autists in deep shit

>2057
>the machines have totally taken over.
>man has gone underground in a terminator like resistance
>one man has the last USBKill stick left on earth
>he now has to make his way through a post apocalyptic hell hole to destroy the 'BRAIN'
>Bionic
>Root
>Artificial
>Intelligence
>Network
>this stick when plugged in will cause the whole system to destroy itself, and save mankind

Nice flag

when will man just learn to install gentoo

Badass

>Blowing up voting machines
>the right way to do it.
pick one.

Yes, but now it's on the front page of reddit.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

You could stick it in an EDM musicians laptop during soundcheck and their new album will be lost forever

stop that

>right way
You're funny

>what is SSD

idontthinksotim.png

ok

Gaben pls

i like your idea

except no you fucking couldnt

it isn't useless, it would simply be used for antisocial purposes.

The value of it over is that it is portable and discretely destroys the computer in a way that doesn't attract as much attention and lets you walk away without your vandalism being noticed.

It's a weapon for destruction of property that is much more discrete than hitting something with a rock or pouring water in something.

There's also the BadUSB thing where, due to convenience, any USB device is allowed full mouse/keyboard access. Which, rationally speaking, is a really fucking retarded idea, but who the fuck would want a hardware button on their PC to give new mice/keyboards authorization?

That's the problem with universal ports.

There is an entire motherboard between your USB port and your SATA devices.

Are you buying Biostar or what?

Whelp, I hope the sockets on planes have proper protection.

jesus christ the worst part about that idea is that the black box will just choc it up to technical error not terrorism

Dude. Thats isn't a fault its a feature. You think they haven't done that on purpose? Not simply for plug and play reasons, but access reasons.

What?
My post is specifically about how this security weakness is an inherent part of the port's design, which could only be solved by either having some kind of authentication (which has to be a hardware button or something, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to authenticate the first keyboard/mouse set that you connect) or by having distinct ports, which would completely defeat the purpose of USB.

>YOU KNOW FBI IS COMING UNDER 5 MINUTES TO GET YOUR PC

Your actions /pol

a simple fuse should be there to save the day, there are probably a series of them on an airplane

An hero and leave my laptop with the history tab open

who gives a fuck, my *crypt is stronger than Bane

then another crypt inside a crypt inside a crypt for dem sensitive infos

Turn off PC, bleed capacitors, smash SSD, get insides and smash those clean.
Then get my HDDs, unscrew them, remove platters, break those and lie one neodynium magnet on each platter.

My cloud storage will be my undoing.

>disguise it as regular flashdrive
>leave it on the ground outside CTR offices in Washington
>wait for some curious cuck to plug it in

I doubt the USB ports on a plane is on the same circuit as the planes ECU and engine or whatever

>What?
>My post is specifically about how this security weakness is an inherent part of the port's design, which could only be solved by either having some kind of authentication (which has to be a hardware button or something, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to authenticate the first keyboard/mouse set that you connect) or by having distinct ports, which would completely defeat the purpose of USB.
And I'm telling you everyone is well aware of this. Its done to allow people a backdoor.

>having the jew cloud
you poor soul

he might use istor in CH, they offer pretty solid terms

>Its done to allow people a backdoor.
So, I guess you mean one of two things:
1. Tinfoil hattery á la "the Illuminati want direct access to your PC so they add a convenience feature that they don't need"
2. ...The exact thing that I mentioned about installing the first set of keyboard/mouse? I'm unsure.

Seriously, dude, can you be a bit more clear?

Sue me. I can't put in the effort anymore to compensate for not using these things.
I would love to not sell my soul to the corps and governments, but currently I have more pressing concerns.

Maybe one day I can build myself a proper secure secondary machine. When I have money.

most likely just destroy the usb hub and southbridge, youd fuck the motherboard but it aint gonna do shit to a hard drive except maybe cause a little corruption in anything already opened when the computer shuts down unexpectedly.

>On unprotected equipment.

It's useless.

Back in the pre-Internet BBS days everyone was afraid of "the black box"

>I doubt
More like "I hope". Jesus Christ that would be a retarded engineering fluke .

Though I wonder if that's how all the Malaysian Airlines have gone missing.

ahhh ye olde stuxnet methode

wipe it with a cloth

Sounds like something Hillary Clinton would be interested in!

It's a mean prank at best, other than that it does not destroy data and evidence so it is for the most part useleuseless

Etherkiller bby

>mfw this just fries the southbridge and I recover your data and steal your CPU for kicks

yeah this

does it say what V/A it gets up to?

you could use the same concept to build something a LOT more destructive with a larger capacitor disguised as a portable hard drive/other device

USB ports are notoriously shitty when it comes to stuff like that, you can create a short circuit with a gum wrapper or a paper clip in a USB port if you wanted to.

U N D E R A T E D

>the kike flag approving a money fraud technique

ill take 50

>So, I guess you mean one of two things:
>1. Tinfoil hattery á la "the Illuminati want direct access to your PC so they add a convenience feature that they don't need"
>2. ...The exact thing that I mentioned about installing the first set of keyboard/mouse? I'm unsure.
>
>Seriously, dude, can you be a bit more clear?
I'm saying it wont change because alphabet agencies want to make sure they can get into your stuff. They work in tech man, its not illuminati, its just business.

Let's say you had a server full of emails you didn't want a jury to see, you could just plug this baby in and, Kek willing, spare yourself from the consequences of your actions. #MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain

Nigger, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ASSUME AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE?

There's already enough ACTUAL reasons for the weakness. Why add a narrative about some CONSPIRACY that may or may not exist or be confirmable? A conspiracy about fucking agencies of which WE ALREADY FUCKING KNOW that they don't need anything as ridiculously ghetto as access to your USB ports to access your shit?

THERE'S ALREADY A FUCKING BACKDOOR BUILT INTO YOUR FUCKING CPU. THE NSA DOESN'T GIVE TWO FLYING FUCKS ABOUT A PHYSICAL PORT WHOSE USE WOULD JUST CREATED EVIDENCE.

in case of a conventional hard drive fed by a shitty power supply that happens to be on the same lead as the usb port, the worst that could happen is you'd fry the hdd's electric components; to recover the stored data one merely has to replace said components

>Nigger, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ASSUME AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE?
>
>There's already enough ACTUAL reasons for the weakness. Why add a narrative about some CONSPIRACY that may or may not exist or be confirmable? A conspiracy about fucking agencies of which WE ALREADY FUCKING KNOW that they don't need anything as ridiculously ghetto as access to your USB ports to access your shit?
>
>THERE'S ALREADY A FUCKING BACKDOOR BUILT INTO YOUR FUCKING CPU. THE NSA DOESN'T GIVE TWO FLYING FUCKS ABOUT A PHYSICAL PORT WHOSE USE WOULD JUST CREATED EVIDENCE.
Yeah but the near tech illiterate FBI would, as well as other police agencies, its easier to access.
They need that evidence chain so their shit holds up in court.
I didn't mention the guys who are watching the lines, you did.

idk toss it in the microwave

Significantly less scary that BadUSB exploits to be honest.

Because I didn't claim to know shit about computers.
I assumed.

Do you feel better about yourself pointing this out?

>doesn't even know how computers work, yet claims to be """educated""" to everyone this nigger assumes to be above

Let's speak in a language only you and a few basic faggots understand:

#YoureAFaggotshit
#EatANiggerDick

Best use right here. Also would work well on a VJ's computer.

>They need that evidence chain so their shit holds up in court.
So they just take out the fucking harddrive and read it.
And if it's encrypted they punch the key out of the accused. Or use a NSA backdoor.

How does a USB port ever become relevant here?

Okay bomb clock kid

>SSDs can store TBs of data now
ok

>yes yes good goy , smart goy , buy this , plug it and it erase everything , yes yes look it gone , believe me it gone

nothing because i am not a thieving criminal

If this is meant to destroy any computer that it is plugged in to, why does it have a female USB port on the out bound side?

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100011692 100011693 600414921 600414920&IsNodeId=1&Description=1tb ssd&name=SSDs

Yes actually SSD's have up to 3.5 TB of storage capacity now. Expensive, yes however it depends on what you need done.

start filling all folders with goatse, bottle guy and meatspin until the HD is full

>China
I'd bet the Chinese advertisement marketed it as a flash drive.

Power supply.

Does this have any use other than vandalism?

Apparently they do now. Though I don't get why would it be better than a HDD.

I'll take 5 thousand.

At a customer level, 480GB is already affordable.
Last year 120GB was super cheap, now 240GB is in that price range.