Explain this shit

>Rocks don't have genders because technically a hard light projection of a pregnant woman IN A DRESS isn't the same thing as presenting a corporeal form as a certain gender
>Rocks don't have genders because the above isn't true, but the projections aren't presenting as female, you just think things like dresses and tutus are feminine because of the patriarchy
>Rocks don't have genders because Sugar said so. Therefore gender doesn't exist in reality either.

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime's_Rib!
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares?

The people who make the show, and most who watch it.

The only reason anyone ever uses the "rocks don't have genders" line is to get the heat off the show when necessary. Even though they're technically not lesbian because their entire race is the same gender, we all know that in the context of REAL LIFE they're fuckin lesbos and she knows it.

No one actually believes that shit.

It's the exact same thing as Namekians from DBZ, but they're all chicks instead of all dudes.

It ain't that hard to get.

You can't handle heat don't play with fire. The cop-out is used to discredit legitimate criticism of the show about accepting differences while alienating members of it's own audience, but I guess fuck it.

I bet you complain about "Uhura just answering phones" as well.

No I'm really not that upset, but it's not like it hurts to call people out on their shit when they're lying.

It's astonishing how much you're missing the point.

Since Gems are a sexless species, there is no conditions for gender binary to exist in their society. That's why they are technically genderless.

In other words, you're applying human labels to an alien species

Is your point supposed to be "Shut up and don't think about it too much?" I'm allowed to point things out if I want.
But it makes perfect sense for aliens to look and dress exactly like humans.

>But it makes perfect sense for aliens to look and dress exactly like humans.
Yes?
Is this the first time you've seen a syfy series with quirky aliens in it?

Rocks don't have genders so that when it comes time for Ruby and Sapphire to start making trumpet noises with each other's cloacas, it can be aired in the middle of Times Square without any repercussions from the Catholic Church.

Rocks don't have genders because they don't reproduce, they are synthetized and/or produced, there is no transmission of DNA between a mature gem and a newborn one

If a robot has tits, is it female?

Same reason why some mammals have wings like birds, or fins like fish.

>you're applying human labels to an alien species
Kind of like what people did when they screamed "WE NEED MOAR FEMALE TRANSFORMERS" even though the notion of "female" Transformers has been retarded since G1.

Retards gonna retard, what can you do.

>If a man has tits, is he female?

If the concept of gender is supposed to be completely arbitrary and pointless to them why don't they just look sexually ambiguous?

HOW ABOUT YOU EXPLAIN THIS SHIT
WHY ARE THERE THREE (3) STEVEN UNIVERSE THREADS ON THE FRONT PAGE

THATS LIKE 30% OF THE GOD DAMN FRONT PAGE YOU SWINE

>If a robot has tits, is it female?
i see the trap in your question, but yes. it is presented as female is it has tits.

Fuck off, I don't shit my pants over half the catalog taken up with batman threads 24/7.

Some of them do.

They don't have a real sex considering they reproduce artificially from what I can tell. Steven being the only example that ever states otherwise.

Sure they take the physical form and shape of a woman, but they aren't really women. The same would apply if they transformed into the figure of a man.

Kind of like how a man can get cosmetic changes done to their body's but at the end of the day they can never truly be a woman.

There isn't even one Batman thread near the frontpage. That's not even fucking true.

When the /sug/ general comes back around, it'll be 4 steven universe threads! amazing!

So what if the robot had a spoof penis AND spoof tits?

>Rocks don't have genders because Sugar said so.
actually i'm pretty sure real-life rocks don't have genders either

Check your basalt privilege, mudlord

But the Namekians aren't super gay

Then its presented as a dude with tits

What if it has a spoof vagina, a spoof penis and only one tit?

They're also in a show about Chinese folklore and martial arts, not CoExIsT and lesbian domestic abuse.

how feminine is the penis

About 50/50.

it's about average

>Was promised Yellow Diamond and her Pearl song
>Got butthurt Pearl being mad
Why

Yes

If they don't have genders and reproduce asexually, why are they capable of feeling love?

Deviancy.

They don't even need to assume human forms if they are designed for specific, simple tasks.

a stone shouldn't have any distinctive trait, neither a man or a woman.
the genderless excuse is a joke.

They're described as defective for a reason user

They are an artificial, asexual species, so evolutionary necessity does not apply as a reason.
It seems to be part of their capabilities and triats.
Maybe it served a function to someone at some point, maybe the makers just humanise them because humans are more comfortable with anthropomorphic characters and emotions they understand.

Jasper go back to your bubble pls

you're confusing sex and gender.

It's basically how Transformers had the "Robots don't have gender!" defense for years, even though they all sounded like Peter Cullen and/or Frank Welker.

No, you're confused.

we're still getting that duet. most likely this season, but i'm not really sure how they schedule their voice recordings/songs.

elaborate

As pointed out, there have been female Transformers since Generation 1.

The use of gender as separate from sex was started by infamous pedophile psychopath and failed psychologist John Money in the 1950s and was only made widely accepted after it was picked up by feminists in the 70s.

"Gender" isn't a thing. Only sex exists.

You don't possess reading comprehension and you don't understand the world around you.

>Defective
So love is an illness to them?

>gender =/= sex

Easy enough OP.

What? Where can I read more about this?

I'm sorry to hear that.

I think his point is that nobody really believes the "rocks don't have gender" thing when they're clearly lesbians, that it's just an excuse to have the space lesbians on a TV show because people will get all butthurt over it

Boy, OP, you sure are obsessed over gender.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime's_Rib!

This was published in 1989.

Anywhere. It's even on the gender Wikipedia page. Though you can best believe most gender/social "sciences/studies" try to hide this history.

Gender and sex are distinct things even beyond "gender is my feelings" bullshit, even though they're pretty interchangeable in everyday use. In terms of phenotype patterns, for example, female gender coding can be inherited from the male sex, because males carry an X chromosome.

I know. Your point?

Amethyst transforms into a man when she goes Purple Puma, penis and testicles and all. Word of god on that.

The point is that it was such an issue in the 80s that they wrote a comic satirizing it. It's just something Transformers has always dealt with for god-only-knows what reason.

Not on the penis and testicle part, really.
She should be able to, if she can morph into a helicopter, but we don't know how deep her imitation goes.

Which is funny, considering how P R O G R E S S I V E the Transformers fanbase is trying to be nowadays.

Is it? Pretty sure it is still the same autistic manchild sub-brony geeber gooter fandom that it always was.

The toy fans are. The comic side is becoming more and more Tumblr, although I'm not sure if that's calmed down now.

Jasper and Bismuth. Rubies.