What is going on here? Is this even a joke?

What is going on here? Is this even a joke?

Tico feels Gabe is some sort of impostor because Gabe is dumb but here he said something both semi-intellectual and insufferable

Is that really it? I thought that might be it, but that's really fucking stupid.

Post modernism has infected Mike/Gabe's brain, and he only cure is lobotomy.

Or Tycho doesn't want anyone moving in on his niche of "overly pedantic snobbery"

The joke is that he's using big words and Gabe is traditionally a complete fucking idiot. Tycho is assuming that he must be an imposter so he's getting a knife to kill him.

I love how his wife gets younger every year

i like when they showed her breastfeeding and she had big ol juicy tits in that strip

I love it too, for all the wrong reasons.

OH I'M SORRY I THOUGHT YOU WANTED THEM TO STOP USING SO MANY WORDS

TO MAKE THE COMICS FUNNIER

This one is actually pretty funny and accurate to modern game mentality

if serious post said strip

it's not funny. I get it, but it ain't makin' me laugh

Nothing wrong with wanting to pump a 15-year-old looking 40-year-old woman.

Why they heads too big and they bodides smalls?

Mike and Jerry should be euthanized.

Bald edit when?

>Huh. Do you think the head and lack of hair you've juxtaposed is purely bald?

>Knife needs to be replaced with a pair of scissors.

holy fuck i haven't read penny arcade since like 08?

is this what it looks like now?

when did they become a parody of themselves?

Having children didn't help.

When did the art become so insanely hideous, I swear it wasn't like that last time I looked.

I really miss the halcyon days of PA circa 2009 or thereabouts. Best art.

No the joke is that it's usually Tycho that uses bunches of armchair intellectual bullshit terms like "anachronism" and "aesthetic", not Gabe.

Tycho is going to murder Gabe to protect his status as Mister Big Dick Smart Guy.

I dunno, the idea of oiled up glistening orcs got me to chuckle inwardly.

>Tycho doesn't want anyone moving in on his niche of "overly pedantic snobbery"
that was my interpretation

It also doesn't help that Jerry probably feels like shit about turning his kid into a drug-addled fuck up. I'm sure that has impacted his writing process somewhat.

Yes, post that strip.

dont read the comic but it seems to me its the "oh shit the idiot knows too much" kinda thing

Wow can you post more on that? Sounds interesting.

>It also doesn't help that Jerry probably feels like shit about turning his kid into a drug-addled fuck up
Wtf how old are their kids even

Well, the title is; "Doppelgaber"

It wasn't that insufferable. It's actually a fair question.

>Final Fantasy
>purely aesthetic
no wei

>August 1, 2014
>I am at Seattle Children’s Hospital, and nobody wants to be here. Even as an internationally recognized temple of healing, every inch of it is terror. Every cubic inch of every room is that is not occupied by terrified children and terrified parents is filled to its capacity with a terror wholly unique to that family which no other person has any power to comprehend. There is art on the walls and rooms which is designed to evoke a jungle of some kind, and I resent it. Every giraffe is my sworn enemy.

>I am here because the hand sanitizer station at my son’s school began talking to him last week. I won’t tell you everything it said; he might want to be president someday.

>When your child - statistically speaking, your son - is unlike other children in some very specific ways, doctors will prescribe them some methamphetamines. And if they can’t keep them down, these methamphetamines, they give them another drug that will keep (in this case) him from vomiting. Except the anti-nausea drugs also made him vomit. And the methamphetamines caused the hand sanitizer and the recycling bin to suggest that he hurt himself in a manner of such terrifying specificity that it still echoes. It wasn’t a good week. I can’t really care about myself anymore, I don’t see the point. To have made a person who suffers like this, and who I cannot help, is a pain beyond words.

>I thought that maybe I could be a better father to him than mine was to me, and it hasn’t been the case so far. My problem is that I’m essentially allergic to rules. I thought that might help me here, but he’s got the same problem I do, only now I’m the rules he happens to be allergic to. I think of how my own father must have managed it, a man stripped of the tools to construct a stable, entire self, and I wish I’d been able to make realizations like this at some point prior to his incineration.

Man, that's actually pretty depressing.

Man...

Wouldn't you do the same if you had a hot wife?

lol what a faggot

Was it after that that Tycho posted something about "It would've been crass to talk about video games less than a day after Gabe's son was hospitalised. Luckily, it's been slightly more than a day, so here's some bullshit about a controller"?

you're the real faggot here, user.

Well, it was Mike/Gabe that did that. It was about a bag he liked.

>August 4, 2014
>His post was brutally honest and I thought following it up with a post about my new suitcase might be “too soon”.

>I feel like there’s enough distance now to tell you about it though!

>To have made a person who suffers like this, and who I cannot help, is a pain beyond words.
this keeps me up a night thinking how my parents must feel about the problems i've been having lately

The truly terrifying thing about this is that modern medicine is in some way perpetuating the issue.

Mental issues like this are (in general) a result of mutations in the way the brain is structured, essentially. These mutations happen (some theorize) because the human brain is insanely complicated and being a genius who changes the world is one or two mutations away from being autistic or schizophrenic.

200 years ago, people with issues like this (strong hallucinations, extreme autism) were seperated from society and those mutations weren't passed on.

Now, with pills and some treatment, those who are on the spectrum of schizophrenia and depression can be productive members of society. And reproduce. Which makes their children more likely to be on depression, autism, and/or schizophrenia spectrums. Vaccines haven't caused a rise in Autism, Adderall has.

Gas the spergs.

Oh, right, I forget which of them is which.

As far as I remember, his kid was only diagnosed with ADHD and maybe anxiety.

So for conditions that can be greatly eased with simple behavioral or cognative techniques, the kid was medicated to the point that he's chatting with furniture demons and trying to injure himself.

The kid probably would have turned out fine if his parents weren't either messed up themselves, or willing to listen to some shrink that wants to give a drug cocktail to an 8 year old because he is an average boy.

I googled penny arcade breastfeeding
it's not much to write home about

that doesn't sound like Gabe

>Kurtz

I can actually believe this genuinely happened.

>that strip where Gabe lynched a nigger with a 360 controller
how did they get away with that one?!

I didn't necessarily mean Jerry's kid specifically, just, in generalities.

A friend of mine had a son who hallucinated some crazy shit, and is/was a danger to himself. He'll never be able to not be in some sort of psychiatric care and never be able to hold a job.

I have no idea what to say to my friend going through this shit. So I keep my mouth shut and buy him some beer.

the joke is that not only has FF always been full of "anachronism" it's based in a fantasy world so it doesn't even apply

This is precisely why genetic modification will be necessary in the future. Natural selection has much less hold on us. We'll have to find other ways of keeping these disorders out of our gene pool.

Good strip though.

Oh fuck.
I need to go hug my Dad. I'm glad I don't have severe mental illnesses.

Clearly you haven't been modding Skyrim.

Otherwise you'd be aroused.

Isn't she a Hambeast tho?

Their manager got Mike on all sorts of anti-anxiety medications. At the same time they started hanging out constantly with Scott Kurtz. The combination turned the art into complete shit.

In the same post, he was writing about his dad's hospitalization, death, and funeral.

It was a fairly low time for Jerry.

Former manager. Robert left them some time this past year, I think.

I don't know about that.

Various mental disorders don't really manifest until you are older. Don't forget that people tended to marry really young in those days and marriage was for life. If you had the bad luck of marrying someone who turned out to be crazy you generally had to put up with it and produce some kids anyway.

Not to mention that many mental disorder weren't recognised as such back in the day. You didn't have ADHD, you had too much energy. You weren't bipolar, you had moods. Etc. People just put up with way more shit because there were only three people you could marry in your village and living alone probably meant you would starve or your family line would end.

The really crazy people who didn't have family to take care of them tended to get locked away from society and didn't reproduce. But these kinds of people still can't really be helped by modern science anyway.

I don't think schizophrenia is an entirely genetic condition though. It's more likely it's a genetic vulnerability to a virus or bacteria that fucks your brain up.

Eh, I worked in my dad's pediatrics office for awhile. There is a massive difference between kids that are active and kids that have ADHD, and you can typically tell that their parents have a bit as well.

Every time I see this guy's art "develop" further, the more it disgusts me.

>So I keep my mouth shut and buy him some beer.
Good man

When I was a kid I was diagnosed with some lesser form of ADHD. Instead of taking the easy way and fucking me up for the rest of my life with pills, they choose to work with me and help me overcome it with patience and discipline. I was very lucky, some of my classmates back on high school were completely dependent on the pills to function. Maybe my ADHD wasn't that bad but if I ever have a kid, I will work with him before feeding him pills for shit like this.

Try everything else before you try pills is a pretty good motto when it comes to health.

Er, what about cancer or some such?

You wait too long on harsh but potentially effective treatment and you could die.

Didn't Steve Jobs get himself killed by trying to treat cancer with fruit?

>An actually funny joke
WHO IS THIS DOPPELGANGER?

*mental

There is a difference between treating flus and treating depression.

And yeah, there are arguments that we use too many antibiotics, but if you get an infection use penicillin. Vaccinate, etc.

Our mental health options are not as developed as other health releated options. Though one assumes that if all of your emotions are complicated chemical reactions, and your genetics influences brain structure (which regulates these chemical reactions), eventually taking an anti-depressent will be like taking a cold medication. (Though probably more regulated, more like a codeine prescription)

It's probably just a Sup Forums edit where they cut off the punchline.

same here, dumbfucks used to think ADHD when away as kids grew up and then were shocked that 20 somethings had it full force when weaned off the pills, so I am really glad I got the focus/self management training instead of the pills.

actually he had a cancer that many oncologists will advice waiting and watching for a few years to put off damage and side effects of chemo, he managed to trigger it's growth with his autistic diet and then ignored it, then tried to buy his way out of it.

But anachronisms involve a juxtaposition.

Why use both words at all?

This, also why it is funny, but I am assuming that is because it was real dialogue from Kurtz and he didn't realize what he was saying.

And yet people like this over CAD.

That was true back in the day. Now, they're both equally old and pointless.

Boring Dads: The Comic

He is playing Final Fantasy XV and therefore he should be killed.

Why is his hair bigger than his head?

Because he is not bald.

Pretty sure you have a mental illness for being on Sup Forums

When did Gabe get giant fucking hair?

It's a joke about how dumb Gabe is except when he's playing RPGs.

Also what has happened with the art? I almost didn't recognize them because one looks like a shriveled-up rat with a black turnip growing out of it and the other looks like a cinderblock rubbed in mud.