HAHA How?

How was a tv show able to top a $350 million flick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qOpHKXj-tZM
youtube.com/watch?v=DdCYMvaUcrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With the exception of bat man v superman, are there any artistic looking comic book films?

youtu.be/qOpHKXj-tZM

I'm pretty sure that the one on the right is not from the movie

>How was a tv show able to top a $350 million flick?

It wasn't.

It's to colour and bright, Marvel movies has a very dull and grey look to them.

Can you aswer me the following questions?

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?

>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?

>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?

>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?

>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?

>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?

>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?

>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.

>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?

>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?

>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!” or "I NEED YOUR HELP!"

>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?

>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?

>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.

>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?

>>Why this movie sells less than Deadpool?

I hate it when normie humour makes me chuckle.

>4 posters in this entire thread

do you people realize this is bait and that you can simply toggle the thread?

Being able to laught at normie humor probably makes you already better than the joyless autists of the site.

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?

Why should he care about Clark's mother? Be honest? There's no real reason to learn this.

His focus was batman, it's to set up imagery, bat man let lex go in order to kill superman, their vision was clouded.

>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?

He's an egomaniac psychotic asshole, do you not read comics?

>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?

He was sent by darkseid to clear the way for him. There needs to be a doomsday for an apocalypse to exist. Lex is also a horseman of darkseid, that's why you see him holding a horse in an image

Explains the horse imagery

>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?

Kryptonians aren't mentally the same as humans

>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?

You expected no stakes like marvel flicks?

Does a false identity make him less human inside?

>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization

No.

I like marvel humour

>Why should he care about Clark's mother? There's no real reason to learn this.

You are dumb, so the targeted audience for a Snyder movie.

This isnt about the mother, this is about who he is, who he knows, what resources he has acess, and where he lives. Its also easy to manipulate and know the intentions of someone by their family - which ALEX FUCKING LUTHOR DOES - and even the USA governament do, with all terrorists. Why do you think that this is the first thing that Batman always does in comics?

>His focus was batman, it's to set up imagery

So the reason for why he let criminals scape, was because "he didnt cared?" Even if it would need 5 minutes to get to all of them, AFTER talking with Batman? He is Superman, and those were normal crooks throwings rockets in the city.

>He's an egomaniac psychotic asshole, do you not read comics?

"Because he is an idiot" isnt an execuse, you are using shitty writting to defend shitty writting. Comic Lex would at least be smart enough to avoid being sent to jail or caught if wished so. Snyderlex palnned to kill Superman with an obvious conection to him, and would still get caught because he did an obvious mistake that ANYONE can notice. Great vilain.

>He was sent by darkseid to clear the way for him. There needs to be a doomsday for an apocalypse to exist. Lex is also a horseman of darkseid, that's why you see him holding a horse in an image

Never said or adressed on the movie, this must also be the third failed theory that I see a Snyderfag trying to make to solve this.

>Kryptonians aren't mentally the same as humans

....this doesnt adressed at all what I asked. Also never said on the movie, still a plot hole.

>m-muh marvel!

You doesnt kill your main hero on the beggining. You kill him making people be invested.

Also every fucking body knows that he will be back, and every fucking body knew that he would die as soom as Doomsday showed up. There are no stackes or real danger.

>Does a false identity make him less human inside?

Yes, when he have no one to interact with, no friends or supporting cast, apart from Lois and his mother. Worse yet, it is show that Lois is the only thing holding him back to go homicidal maniac on the world, and if she died, he would become a monster.

>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization
>No.

Yes it is, one of the main rules to be honest.

>How was a tv show able to top a $350 million flick?
>RDJ: Pay me $50mil to show up in your film or it'll never cross $1bil.
>Marvel: Just cut the CGI budget. These guys will watch and praise it anyway.

Is anybody going to say how exactly the CW crossover is better than Civil War or just keep posting that image over and over?

You have eyes but you do not see

So, how come crucifixion applied to Batman

But Lamentation of Christ applied to Superman?

And music budget and editing budget and camera crew budget. It's all basically just actors at this point. I don't know how people can still praise it because the stories are subpar too.

>RDJ lowered his asking price each film because he wanted it to remain a success

you in bizarro land?

Whoa this is really baller. I just realized something from this that you let me figure out. In the bad future universe, the roles become reversed. Batman becomes the martyr and Superman is the villain.

If he's being paid less where does the money go then? Now I'm really starting to wonder. They cut corners everywhere and I have no idea why.

But bad future is Batman's imagination.

So, in his imagination he's Christ, when it's Superman who is Christ.

Why did Lex want to kill Superman with another Kryptonian?

>inb4 "just watch the movie bro, it explains it for you"

>parallels and symmetry
>still no one points out Superman's fist while fighting Batman mimics the fist Thomas Wayne made when confronting Joe Chill
Am I really the only one that noticed that? I should make the comparison pic at some point.

Ok mate, you asked for it.

Just a samefag trying to push his shitty meme, ignore.

You have to watch the Extended Cut in order to figure that out, which is fucking retarded.

You guys are retarded, Snyder wanted to put that scene there BEFORE knowing what it would really be about, because he believed that the movie was "too linear".

Proof?

its showing that Batman, in his own mind, thinks he is the hero at that point. The movie is never saying one person is christ and another isnt, they use these visual homages to re-enforce character motivation/perspective.

Huh

Evansposter? I thought you were banned?

Ban expired a week ago!

Are you retarded? One of the first rules of writting a script, is that if you need dream sequences, you are doing a horrible job.

Bruce thought of Superman has a detached alien monster with no ties to humanity, he had no reason to suspect that he had a human identity or human family, they literally say he is blinded by rage, AND he was being manipulated by Luthor.
They weren't criminals, they were hired Lexcorp guards protecting merchandise.
It wasn't easily connected to him, only Lois was able to make the connection and no one believed her until Lex tried to unleash doomsday.
He didn't know if he could control him or not, but he didn't care, he just wanted something to kill Superman or prove to the world that all powerful beings are not all good. He knew he could kill it with Kryptonite if he needed to.

Superman communicating with ghost Pa Kent in his head is a staple of the Superman series in comics and television.

1/2

Why? What's the problem with dream sequences?

>Charles Dickens was a hack
>A Christmas Carol was trash

Do you "people" really believe this?

He had plenty of characterization, and it also allows them to get it out of the way early. Its also representative of his growth as a hero throughout the ages, the politically infused Golden Age esque Superman has died and will be reborn as the more certain post-Byrne era Superman.
He has never been the human aspect of Superman, if its anyone its Lois, but the entire point of the character is that he is both human and alien and has trouble connecting with both sides at times and ultimately has friends and loved ones that helps those connections. Like in the JLU when they go to the alt universe where Flash dies and they take over the world or in Red Son where Superman's only ties to humanity are dictators and thus he becomes a dictator.
>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.
Nah, there are plenty of comics where he doesn't have a supporting cast, and in this movie he talks to lots of pedestrians as Clark and has Lois and Batman to bounce off of.

>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?
All of BvS is about how Superman has ultimate agency but everyone tries to politicize his actions, so he is unsure of how to perform apolitical altruistic deeds.
>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?
Because there is no precedent for him to dress like that on earth. He was never inspired by other heroes like how Batman was inspired by Zorro.
>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!” or "I NEED YOUR HELP!"
Because, like I said earlier, Bruce just thinks he has alien parents and an alien family. By saying Martha, Superman is giving Batman a name of a human to save so that even if he dies he can find this person (Batman would have no way of knowing who his mother is without a name). He also is making it so Batman wont go after Martha for just being Superman's mom like Lex did.
>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?
Because she is some kind of meta human and the only other heroic meta human he knows that wears a crest on their chest is Superman.

>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?
Yeah, because just like any other dream sequence, its a way of visually showing us the character's inner thoughts. Its Batman's worst case scenario for how Superman could turn out, his worst fears of Superman. Which is followed by a scene of Clark getting photos of Batman's branded victims being killed in jail, which is Superman's worst fear about Batman (that he would become judge, jury, and executioner).

1/2

Why kickstart a cinematic universe by adapting End Game comics? Why couldn't we get World's Finest instead of Dark Knight Returns?

The bigger question is how did the CW do the Justice League better in 3 episodes than WB will be able to do in 3 movies? How did a minor cable network that they own just eat their fucking lunch right in front of them?

Reversing stuff is cool sometimes. I like seeing it. Something about it just gives me joy.

Maybe we'll get World's Finest next time though. Plus the company has been trying to make a Batman vs. Superman movie for a while now.

Because WB/DC is a fucking joke, CW/DC at least knows that they aren't going to be taken super seriously, so they allow themselves to have fun instead of trying to make everything serious, colorless and grounded.

It just seems crazy dumb to start DC up like that, what made the BvS scene in DKR is the fact that Supes and Bats have been friends for so long, you can almost feel how they don't really want to fight one another. With Synder's BvS their fight seemed to be there only to justify the title of the movie.

>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.

Plenty of movies have dream sequences in them, Stand By Me, Last Temptation of Christ, Aliens, Trainspotting. Robert Mackee is not the final say on film making.
>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?
Because they arent just there to be set ups, the add to the plot, Batman sends an email to Wonder Woman asking something to the effect of "where have you been?" showing that he groups all the metahumans in those files together with WW and Superman (supported later by when he says he thought WW was with Superman), and thinks they abandoned him or haven't come out of the shadows to be heroes. It re-enforces his paranoia and feelings of solitude/abandonment.
>>Why this movie sells less than Deadpool?
It made about 100k more than Deadpool

what about Stand By Me, Star Wars, that deleted scene from the Kilmer Batman, American Beauty, Grease, Mullholland Drive, Dumbo, Blade Runner, Inception, Nightmare on Elm Street, 8, Fastimes at Ridgemont High, or any of the other movies that utilized dream sequences well.

BvS is intentionally a reversal of The Dark Knight Returns, they do lots of reversals of very specific moments to highlight this.

BvS is also a reconstruction of both Superman and Batman mythos, since MoS was meant to be a deconstruction. They started their universe out at a very human, grounded level as far as the world's reaction to heroes, and the people/world are getting progressively more hopeful and believe in heroes/people more.

>colorless

>man flies
>man has robo suit
>grounded

the "grounded" parts are humanity's reactions to these heroes, but thats not even actually grounded its just telling a different story than you wanted.

Personally I found that Superman in Dark Knight Returns acted out of character. He had the presence and talked the talk, but his actions didn't feel right. Truth, justice, and freedom remember? I liked the comic and thought it was cool but I just don't think Superman would have acted that way.

For me, the fight felt less contrived in BvS.

It didn't help that the writer had a massive hate bone for Supes and intentionally wrote him out of character to represent the 'evil' government at the time.

Wait, is this another thread by that queershit Jasper Collison Warr? I never saw a biggest fake geek snyderfag shill, and the thread seems to be full of him.

Batman versus Superman did not even make HALF that.

youtube.com/watch?v=DdCYMvaUcrA

>hate boner for Superman

someone hasnt read The Dark Knight Strikes Again

>There are people on this VERY THREAD defending Superman having a genetic predisposition to wear capes.

Fucking wow.

This is patethic.

How is that a problem? Are you autistic?

>how dare they do a story I dont like

Snyderfags know shit about comics.

I mean, Snyder thought that Batman killed "plenty of people" on Dark Kinight Returns, and used this as a justification for his baddly received characterization on his movie.

Nigga knows nothing about comics, and so do his fanboys.

Seriously guy?

Do you think that the person laughting at your genetic disposition to wear capes is the autistic one? Not the person who thought that this was a good idea?

Don't tell that to Rebirth Shills who cry every thread about how King is ruining Batman, or Marveldrones who are climbing the walls wuth rage during each issue of Champions.

How dare they do a story people don't like indeed.

>people keep discussing BvS
>evanposter, for lack of arguments, posts screenshots a la Princess Snowflake
Neat.

Snyder fought for the red trunks m8, but the studio wouldn't let him. And hew knows a lot about comics, thinking Batman killed people in The Dark Knight Returns is common misconception, and he even says that they dont have him intentionally murder anyone, just more manslaughtery. And its meant to be out of character because Batman is the villain for most of the movie and has lost his way.
Its not that hard to understand the movie man.

yeah I hate those guys too, im enjoying King's Batman for what it is and am waiting to see where it goes before I make any judgements.

I agree, some things King has taken liberties with, but nothing has overly upset as of yet. I'm amazed that he's current writing a better Suicide Squad than we've gotten in the better half of a decade.

Yeah, I think he needs more team books, he obviously likes writing character interactions.

DELETE THIS

>Snyderfags are at the point that they post Kelly to unnironicaly show their views.

Kelly is right every once in a while though. The guy accidentally messed up his strawman, like Alan Moore's Rorschach.

I have not met anyone, who is still discusses Civil War

>A second fresh review!
That day was fucking glorious.

Why should I reward you for doing poorly?

Fuck off and take your shitty normalfag-ized excuse of what is already the poster child of lowest common denominator that is 'comicbooks', and maybe grow up a little while you're at it.

Yeah, you guys need to accept that comic books are the worst medium. You should watch cartoons instead. Start off with the most sophisticated: Steven Universe.

Donner's Superman maybe?

How old are you? How high are you? Do you know where you are?

PART ONE

Finding out someone's identity is different from looking up someone's familial background. Like when you go up for a job, they look up your identity NOT who your mom and dad is/was.

Besides the uplink to Krypton's DMV has been down for quite some time and his database hack/query remains pending

You don't think he went looking for them after the Batmobile scene?
YOu don't think Lex's warehouse has contingencies (lead-lining, lead paint) to deter x-ray eyes from looking in?

How is it connected to him and can be connected to him?
You actually believe that Lex's bomb won't be blamed on the angry crippled man that desecrated the statue?
YOu actually believe Lex's lawyers and resources won't pin it on the same crippled man?

He IS insane!!
He thought that using his blood provides affinity between him and his creation.
Did he think he can control IT? No. Susceptible to suggestions maybe.
And as we all saw. Controlling a Kryptonian Doomsday weapon is highly unlikely.

PART TWO

It's recalling long-lost memories dufus.
Which a person can actually do when a situation happens that reminds them of said memory OR by voluntarily recalling it by putting it in context. (Like in Saving Private Ryan ... Ryan recalling his last memory of his dead brothers.)

Characterization?
If you mean Character development ... Unless you weren't paying attention or just plain inattentive, MoS already did that (His Kryptonian background, his human upbringing, his power development, his control of his powers, moral dilemmas, facing a tragedy, the personal search for relevancy and mission, revelation and realization, enlightenment, presenting himself to the world, the willingness to go up against threats and greater power to protect and defend his adoptive home planet).

As far as killing him ... It's the "Death of Superman" story arc? The whole world was surprised by the existence of a Superman. Now comes the shock of losing a Superman in a world that has threats that may come from other worlds.

So give him another identity when he resurrects. If this is what he wants, Bruce and Diana have resources that can assist in giving him a new human identity.

Again ... Ever heard of the "Death of Superman" story arc? Clark Kent resurfaced so many times in the comics after thse kinds of tragedy.
For example ... in the movies, they can make it that Clark Kent was found alive later and that the body buried in Smallville was a clone or Kryptonian simulacrum that Lex made as they (Lex and cohorts) were studying a kidnapped Clark in the ship. There are ways they can write a story bringing Clark back.

PART THREE

Are you blind?
Martha Kent, Lois Lane, Perry White?

DO you want clark to have a butler? ... a super-hero sidekick? ... or have a hologram Jor-El permanently walking with him everywhere?

PART FOUR

You really are inattentive. You want everything spoon-fed to you.

Do us a favor ... don't watch Citizen Kane, don't read War & Peace. Heck don't even read the poem "The Raven".

Stick to po-up books.

And the only reason BvS is still discussed is because it was that bad.

everyone in this thread is saying more or less positive things with a few minor gripes really.

but I don't see anyone talking about Thor and that was bad. I don't see anyone talking about Steel and that was really bad. I don't see anyone talking about The Room regularly or Transformers regularly.
You are dumb and made a bad point.

Cartoons is almost as shitty.
Being second worst isn't much better.

>more or less positive things
>Thor
One "bad" movie out of how many good to fantastic movies compared to 3 of DC's which were bad to good at best

>Steel
Assuming you mean MoS, that was my "good at best" from above and that was talked about at length when it came out>The Room
>Transformers
Because The Room is so bad it's good and also is never relevant save for April Fools Day and Transformers, like MoS, is discussed like mad then thrown to the wayside.

The reason BvS is still being talked about is because they hinged the entire DCEU on its success and it failed. It was a movie that everyone said was amazing and it just flat out was not. The expectation and result was laughable and something like that gets the Sup Forumsmrades going like you wouldn't believe. THAT'S why it's still discussed.