Should they kill of miles?

should they kill of miles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI&t=418s
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
cbr.com/bendis-unpacks-miles-morales-life-changing-spider-man-2-seeds-civil-war/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah

Nah, he can't die at this point, but they can nerf him and make him a supporting chracter that appear in some books from time to time

Why? His death wouldn't be impactful or have any purpose.

they should kill of cientos psh

Why does a black Spider Man trigger Sup Forums so much?

Either give him some decent villains gallery or just send him back to the Ultimate Universe (which the Maker is making)

what?
are they rebooting ultimate Uni?

It's trendy to reboot things 10,000 times ad naseum. Take a look a t Hollywood.

I think it's because the character sucks, not his skin color.

Nah that would only give him more attention than what he deserves. Just let him slowly fade into obscurity, phase out of Marvel completely. Once upon a time Miles could have been an interesting legacy character, but in 5 years hes still a bland, blank fucking slate that rides on Spider Man's name and hes been pushed so much in other books that I dont fucking care anymore.

YEP!

>This character is shitty!

>Y-You can't be critical of that! H-He's black!

You're part of the problem.

>make him a supporting chracter that appear in some books from time to time

Even this is too much. I don't want to see him anymore.

>MFW in your country, Pete, Miguel and Miles' comics issues are mashed up into one big Spidey Magazine, and you can't even see Miles' shit face.

what about him is "shitty"?

yeah but they haven't yet have they?

Kill yourself, black characters could be shit for another reason than they looks like a turd.

>Just let him slowly fade into obscurity, phase out of Marvel completely

But he could be back, look at Monica.

but that'll be 20 years from now, and you'll be dead by then.

I don't know, but I'm sure they will.

The story plot. And the guy could be switched with every teenager, it will be the same.

He's here just cuz Bendis created him.

so you're saying theres nothing actually wrong with the character.
just that the person who writes his book isn't very good?

>than they looks like a turd.

wow
what is this livejournal

Not that user but
>no personality
>in costume he acts indistinguishably from Peter
>every fight ends with him remembering he has electric powers
>any development he could've possibly had is forgotten multiple times
>Bendis speak?
>Bendis speak.

There is nothing wrong, and nothing good.

Meh/20

Name his hobbies besides being a super-hero, his personality, and his archvillain.

Yeah, probably. He's going to be looked back on like the 2010's version of Ben Reilly, might as well meet the same fate.

In the years since Miles was created, he hasnt progressed nor does he have any sort of interesting qualities. He is a borderline mary sue Poochie creation who can win a fight in 3 secs, and he has next to nothing going for him. The fact is we have a Spider Man, along with half a dozen other spider adjacent characters that Marvel has zero idea on how to use. Miles, in a word, is simply redundant

Miles is a generic teenager, he has no personality.
Even Alpha was a better spidey related character.

the overwhelming "negatives" of Miles seem to be that Bendis is his creator/primary writer.

so just give him to someone else to actually write, and you'll stop being so mad.

>events of CWII make Miles want to take a break and find himself
>gives up Spider-Man mantle and becoming Kid Arachnid
>meets Kaine and goes under his wing
>during this time he develops rogues and some sort of personality

Where's my job Marvel?

only if you name yours

what an immature way to measure a characters quality

No. What he's saying is Miles is both boring and redundant. He has nothing but his skin color to stand out from other Spiders. He has zero charisma, good story arcs, or supporting cast members outside of Ganke. With his mother and Peter being alive he has no reason to be Spider-Man.

>B-but a good writer could save him!!!
A good writer can save anyone and I see no reason Miles merits special treatment. He brings nothing to the table, he has no real villains that need him to work, and his place in the MU is easily filled by any other young black hero.

>No u
What an immature way to offer a counter arguement. Are you mad that Spider-Nigga turned out to be a dud?

When he's written by other writers he's just Peter. No thought or creativity was but into this character so he may be doomed to fail

You know it Batsie.

>so just give him to someone else to actually write, and you'll stop being so mad.
See There's plenty of other black heroes. Miles has nothing going for him that makes me think him worthy of the effort needed to unfuck Bendis' shit. A new writer would need to flesh out his origin, supporting cast, and rogues gallery. Why bother when Bendis will collect a check and take all the credit when there are other, better heroes?

to be fair, who else has written him?
Slott, Waid, Hickman, and Fiffe?

While we're on the subject of salvaging the Spider Family, lets talk about Silk. I may be the minority here, but I think the "Silkworm" is a step in the right direction. Forget Spider Gwen and Miles

Yes

Pak as well. Still it's been seven years and he's still nothing

Silkworm is just a misdirect right?
like when Spidey did all his alt costumes?

Silk is a total different case. They never wanted to make her the new #1 spidey.

>half a dozen
Spider Women 1-3, Silk, Spider Girl, Spider-Gwen, Kaine, Venom, Carnage, Mania, Toxin, Scorn, Raze, Lasher, and Hybrid and those are just the people and things in the case of Lasher and Hybrid alive in 616 right now with Spider Powers I can think of off the top of my head.

Yes but I think the step away from the spider theme is a plus.
Which is why she has the best chance of being done well

No, but I'm kinda sad that the general quality of Sup Forums post have gone downhill fast.

and your quality post is part of the problem

>They never wanted to make her the new #1 spidey.

barely anyone was reading Ultimate Spider-Man prior to them killing Pete, and hardly anyone was reading the book after Miles was introduced.

there was never any reason to think they wanted Miles as "new #1 spidey" except in your mind.

I still don't believe they're actually bringing back the Ultimate Universe it's most likely gonna be a temporary thing and after they're done with the story it will be gone again.

considering how Ewing's books are selling, if it happens, its going to either blowup in Maker's face, or be ignored by every other writer.

>ijmplying Bendis is aware of reality

>there was never any reason to think they wanted Miles as "new #1 spidey" except in your mind.

>implying Marvel wants the Mouse to shut them down for not being profitable.

>implying the Mouse cares about anything but the MCU

They should kill Bendis.
Delete him.

>There's plenty of other black heroes.
and miles is the current teen one so why shouldn't he get special treatment, especially since he is now a known character thanks to the marvel cartoons and marvel games.

>Why bother when Bendis will collect a check
yeah because bendis take 90% of the pay
geesh no one should work for marvel if that's your thought process

Miles's two biggest problems are his entire supporting cast is currently dead and for his entire supporting cast to come back to life the Ultimate Universe would have to exist again.

Fuck me I wish Marvel knew what it was doing.

He won't collect 90% but he will collect royalties. Why do you think he keeps making OCs user?

>Teen
What difference does that make? He still hasnt earned any sort of special treatment other than what his autistic creator believes. And despite his appearances in other medium, fans still dont give a fuck about Miles.

The most interesting thing about him is his dad being a shield agent (another idea stolen from Peter) I'd love some father son spy shit. The thing with Miles is he needs more aspects that set him a part besides being black. Ms. Marvel shows that minority successor heroes can do fine if they're written well. What unique things does Miles bring to the table besides his race? He's smart but not Parker smart, what does an above average kid do with his powers that a dork like Peter won't? He has parents, he has parents who know his secret, there's a lot of room for stuff there.

The other thing is moving out of the ultimate universe damaged his character a lot. Peter Parker was his Uncle Ben and now that's gone, he was a successor filling in the shoes of a beloved hero during a time when Captain America was president and his nation was at war. There's a shit load of story potential out of the window.

His entire supporting cast was brought back in 616

Imagine the main stream medias headline
>Marvel show us their inner racism by killing the black Spiderman

Damn, i want to be on Sup Forums that day.

>barely anyone was reading Ultimate Spider-Man prior to them killing Pete, and hardly anyone was reading the book after Miles was introduced.

No, I mean the relevant ones that would have a meaningful impact on the development of his character.

Friends and family are only useful for that when they die.

Actually I think the fact that you attacked me personally instead of addressing the arguement is part of the problem
Just saying
>No that's wrong
Doesn't make you right sorry kid.

And you still haven't actually answered my post so why don't you take a break and come back when you can?

>Bendis is dead.
>wait Bendis is dead?
>yes, dead.
>Brian Micheal Bendis?
>yes
>he's dead?
>yes
>as in no longer alive?
>doesn't dead imply that he's no longer alive? is that a thing? no longer alive=living
>i'm just confirming that Bendis is dead

>and miles is the current teen one
So?
>geesh no one should work for marvel if that's your thought process
No one should. But you going
>Sheesh so what if Bendis Jews you over and takes credit for your hard work
Isn't exactly making me rethink my opinion of Miles.

Like who, Ult Jessica?

>They never wanted to make her the new #1 spidey.
Could have fooled me with her origin

>got bit by the same spider as Pete
>got kidnapped and shoved in a bunker for 20 years
>knows all of peter's moves better than he does from watching various videos of him
>can spin web better than him and her spider-sense is better as well
>JJJ is her biggest fan

Slott wanted his OC to succeed just like Bendis does, Slott was just willing to let others play with her.

Which in hindsight is what probably saved her

>Silk isn't created to be main spidey.
>Is just better than Pete in everything.
>Miles is created to replace Pete.
>Worse than him in everything.

Seriously Marvel.

Give him a rogues gallery and actual challenges that he can't venom blast out of.

Maybe even make a Miles/Peter team-up book so Peter can help show Miles the ropes and shit.

Nah, but give him a villain who is immune to his venom blast.

yeah but why is that a problem? not everyone despise bendis user. especially wrighters who want to work for pay

because that's the character marvel is pushing right now. that's why he should get special treatment, he's not real, he's doesn't need to deserve anything.

man Sup Forums is truly trash

>Quality of post is part of the problem.

>Best argument is "No U".

Sure thing.

>yeah but why is that a problem?
Because it's lazy. In his case he uses OCs when there's already characters in universe who are established and fit the role. Instead Bendis attempts creativity by making OCs who end up being pretty hallow. It also hurts because Bendis has a record of attaching his OCs to already established characters in hopes that they can feed off their personality and history.

>not everyone despise bendis user. especially wrighters who want to work for pay

Bendis get off Sup Forums

yes death by the aids gotten from sam

It's true though, the sales didn't pick up until after Secret Wars III when he changed the name of the book to just "Spider-Man" and brought him to 616. Basically, the only reason Miles is selling decently now is because he has the brand name.

You're an idiot and missing the point. This is like if Marvel suddenly decided to push Paste Pot Pete in every book as the new big deal villain. You need good writing to support certain decisions.

Teen super heroes at Marvel are a dime a dozen. Saying he's a teenager is like saying he's human at this point.

>Give him a rogues gallery and actual challenges that he can't venom blast out of.

>Nah, but give him a villain who is immune to his venom blast.
Here you go.

What, that's the ultimate way to test a character:
youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI&t=418s

You are the quality problem you're crying about.

Its Sup Forums so everything is against the white man

they should kill all niggas

No, it's an attack against Peter. An obvious attack against Peter. Stop trying to turn this into an issue that it's not.

source

>comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

they should either nerf the venom blast so it's just like a slight tasing and not an instant "I win" button or remove it completely.

Bendis doesn't want to because, and I kid you not, "It's something spiders do in nature".

>cbr.com/bendis-unpacks-miles-morales-life-changing-spider-man-2-seeds-civil-war/

Because he's a nigger. Lets just fucking admit it. It hurts Marvel's brand to have a subhuman as fucking Spider Man.

It's sad how lazier Bendis has gotten. At least in the old Ult SpM he would try to write action scenes. Now it's just *touch*, the end, battle over, LET'S GET BACK TO THE SITTING/STANDING AROUND AND TALKING.

It's like Bendis would rather write Seinfeld Comics then Superhero Comics.

>What's the deal with airplane food
>Food?
>Yeah, food?
>Stuff you eat?
>Yeah what's the deal with them while being on an airplane?

>Thinking about his mom being an hottie.
>Miles should have been a girl to have the waifu fanbase.

>Brian Micheal Bendis, the writer for Marvel and creator of the Ultimate Spider-Man series and characters such as Miles Morales was found dead at his home this morning. Five assailants broke into his house late last night and physically shoved his black daughter's head up his anal cavity. The daughter, while unharmed was physically shaken and traumatized by the event. She reportedly begged her assailants to stop only for her attackers to repeat her pleas back to her in the form of a question. Details at eleven.

That was too much effort. You're over qualified. Hard pass.

(You)

>face it tigre
Do they have to shove this stupid line into everything spider-man related?

Would Slott kill Miles if he could get his hands on him?