Every Simpsons Ever: Thread #17

gamenguide.com/articles/72549/20161123/the-simpsons-latest-news-updates-fxx-network-will-have-a-second-simpsons-marathon-to-start-on-thanksgiving-day.htm

>Now playing: Yellow Subterfuge

>Next: White Christmas Blues

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AlJean/status/651083690676744193
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably the last time we ever get to see skinner be close to bad ass.

beating a dead horse edition

when does the crossover come on

Tonight at 2:30 AM, better get your fucking coffee ready.

fucking hell

>Sir pelo makes a sponge bob cartoon.

I know the crossover isn't canon, but was there any indication of when it fits into Futurama's timeline?

It really stings when Bart actually makes an effort to be good, and he still fails.

>I know the crossover isn't canon,
twitter.com/AlJean/status/651083690676744193
Actually, it is. Jean said so.

Bender is permanently in the Simpsons' basement now.

That's the story of Homer and Bart's life, they always fail.

Did jean work on Futurama?

After the series. The future year is 3014, while the series itself ends in 3013.

I still think Bender should become a permanent cast member.

I don't think it's canon to Futurama since you see some references to the Simpsons as a TV show.
But if the Simpsons is "real-world" then I guess one Bender ended up in oregon at some point. There were tons of Benders in the planet Express Basement (And that's what caused the universe rift in one of the movies)

They smoke.

They toke.

THEY SMOKE
THEY TOKE

The thing that bugged me the most about this episode is how the starting plot is basically dropped halfway through for a new one.
They could've easily kept the "Bart trying to be a good student" plot running throughout the entire episode and it would've turned out decent, but instead they just had to shove in the fake murder and Skinner being called a shit plot.

Those are just gags. This was an entire episode. And it's not like it really fucks up continuity of either show.

smoke smoke smoke, toke toke toke

its strange that lisa's helping krusty, doesn't she not give a shit about him

What if they had killed off Agnes for good?

Skinner...had a hard life

No. Only on the crossover, which is considered an episode of the Simpsons.
It's not canon to Futurama's universe.

They smoke.

They toke.

They always try to cram as many stupid little "woOOOooaoOOOooaaahhh you didnt expect THAT to happen!" gags as possible in these alternate openings

Yeah, I would only listen if someone who actually worked on the show said it.

Wait, wouldn't there be a ton of paradox built up with Bender's head in Area 51, at least one Bender waiting under Planet Express, and Bender in the Simpson's basement? Not to mention the one trying to kill Fry.

Not even Marge knows how her house works.

>Lisa is that person that gives "self improvement" gifts.
Just when you think there's a new low

>Oh, right. We're still doing this.

There were a bunch of paradoxes but I think thy were all solved in one way or another:
The whole Area 51 thing was just forgotten and never documented clearly so it would only be know by UFO hobbyists/fanatics, the Benders in the basement of Planet Express were solved in the movies when they disappeared and created the large tear in the universe, the one trying to kill Fry exploded and killed Lars. The Bender in the Simpson's basement exists only in the Simpsons.
Any additional paradoxes were avoided when Fry, the Professor, and Bender cycled through the universe in The Late Philip J. Fry and ended up killing their duplicates.

As far as I can tell, and from what I can remember, Futurama ended without any major paradoxes.

Steal This Episode is a good one.

Das negative man.

THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO PIRATE SOME MOVIES

This Family Guy marathon is mediocre. When's the Simpsons marathon coming back on?

Didn't The Simpsons already steal cable?

Doug's homerfication continues

won't be satisfied until he's bald

>Futurama ended without any major paradoxes.
Fry is still his own grandpa.

DO WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE

The Simpsons are going to NASCAR!

>Every episode now on aired in 2014 or later

Didn't even get Jack Black to reprise his role.

Good.

"It's better than I remember actuall- NO, NO IT ISN'T! IT'S HORRIBLE!"

Modern Simpsons in a nutshell.

oh its THIS episode huh

Why are you faggots torturing yourselves with these shitty Simpson episodes?

We only have one day left. Might as well stick with it to the end.

THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO HELP COMIC BOOK GUY GET LAID!

Please understand. He's such a hard guy to get a hold of!

>that fucking comic panel

but at least they are spectacular failures!

DUDE NERDS DATING LMAO

yeah but he has to be so he can lack the delta brain wave. there are no duplicate paradoxes, that's just a causal loop

It may be some kind of miraculous stable loop, but it is most certainly a paradox.

oh, hey, it's time for that episode where, for whatever reason, Marge acts like Homer has never worn glasses in bed

Whenever you look it up online you retard

>Seattle Seahawks v Denver Broncos
Boy, was that a shitshow.

DUDE GOOGLE GLASS LMAO

>I always thought it was SimpSEN
>Really? Don't you ever look up at the sky?
>clouds open up, beginning of the intro can be seen in the sky

I don't know what you people are on about.

Sure, there aren't any of the "this is the pinnacle of American animation" moments that some of the earlier seasons had, but the show has never stopped being funny or comfy. I'm getting good laughs from almost all the episodes.

Don't worry user, you just have poor taste

This is so fucking boring, imagine being a shit eater who enjoy current Simpsons and gets defensive about it.

Pretty much this. The went went from being terrible to being boring. It's like everyone involved is on autopilot.

If I had poor taste, I wouldn't have enjoyed the early seasons, would I?

Like I said, the show has obviously gotten WORSE. I just don't think it's gotten BAD.

>THE SIMPSONS ACTUALLY AREN'T A HAPPY FAMILY! MARGE GOES TO THERAPY BECAUSE OF HOMER!

Fuck Al Jean

You still have shit taste user.

why does everyone blame everything on Al Jean

you know "executive producer" means very little, right? he might not even read the scripts before approving them

He's the showrunner isn't he?
Doesn't that mean he picks out the script and everything?

He's the showrunner.

alright

>you know "showrunner" means very little, right? he might not even read the scripts before approving them

Who do you want me to blame, tough guy? Somebody was responsible for this heap of garbage.

>If I had poor taste, I wouldn't have enjoyed the early seasons, would I?
Common misconception. Shit taste can simply mean "I like everything no matter what."

That doesn't refute anything

>>you know "showrunner" means very little, right? he might not even read the scripts before approving them

Except that's demonstrably false, and the different showrunner eras have noticeably different styles and feels to them.

>zombie simpsons defense force

literally how does this exist

simpsons was never good, so i suppose you could blame matt groening

"omg, look at this super American middle class family, wow they've got problems and dysfunctions, but they still come together and love each other when times are tough, plus they're super funny, woah wow how magical"

bravo groening

Not only do you have shit taste, you're simply a bad person for not understanding why you have shit taste.

That's even worse, a showrunner is supposed to have those responsibilities and your defense is that he doesn't do them, you are really not helping your case.

I want Simpsons on in the background all the time, wish FXX would be the Simpsons channel.

We've been suffering through this shit for so long that we've become the suffering. It's a part of us now.

It pretty much is to be quite honest

I don't know why they don't just do this. They'd get a ton of subscribers for an all-Simpsons all the time feed.

yes it does

al jean is not single-handedly writing and animating the new simpsons episodes nor does he probably have any substantial role in either of those processes

jean was a showrunner in the early 90's, when the simpsons was supposedly at its peak

explain that. oh wait, i can explain it. simpsons has always been garbage.

lol, a showrunner is just a honorary title to recognize people who ONCE had a significant role in production. much like executive producer. you think groening still has any real role in production? lol

Please try a little harder than this when trolling.

>explain that

Different writers.

It doesn't. It's just trolls trying to get the saddest of rises out of people.

That and contrarians who think they'll look cool or smart if they just say the opposite of what other people are saying.

Comfiest couch gag

Don't encourage him.

Oh, this is the episode where Bart befriends the sickly pale bird-loving oddball and there are some homosexual undertones

I don't like new Family Guy or new South Park episodes.

The quality for those shows has objectively tanked. The Simpsons is still pretty good, albeit not AS good as it used to be.

Someone has a DIFFERENT opinion than you on the INTERNET?

The absolute fucking horror.

You seem like a very angry person.

Could you be any more butt-flustered if you tried?

well, then different writers are why the show is shit now

which proves my original point: al jean has no bearing on the quality of the simpsons episodes. quit blaming him. he seems like a nice enough guy.

>you seem angry screams the raging troll

I'd argue Family Guy has entered a renaissance in current seasons. They've toned down the gore and all the liberal circlejerking plots from 2009~ are no more.

Did Otto just give Bart drugs

Does it still have those really long uncomfortable cutaways where like someone is being beaten to death in slow, graphic detail?

The current season airing now has little to no gore, at worse Peter gets bruised and a nosebleed. The threads for it have also noticed this

No matter who it is the show would inevitably decline. Nothing can remain great forever, and this show is nearly 30. Even getting the 8 or so glory years it has is a pretty unusual feat. Almost no show stays good for even that long, let alone for another 20 years.