ITT : Jumpscares that got you

ITT : Jumpscares that got you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5B-ercdKE
youtu.be/V62DXs9_s8w
youtu.be/7xdxIBNj2sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pretty much all, as it is natural human reaction for something unpredictable and loud. same with animals and so on.

got a chill soon as i saw the thumbnail and i havent even seen the movie aside from that scene. should i give it a watch?

It's a little slow but it's one of the better found footage documentary style movies. It gave me goosebumps the first time watching

Don't post that stupid out of place bullshit from Mulholland Drive

not really a jumpscare, but...
her face was blurred in the trailer
you thought it was because they were protecting her identity, but really it was because she was too ugly to show

Is that who I think it is?

>LYNCHED!

That whole fucking scene, I couldnt tell if it was CGI or what but i kept thinking she was a alien herself. Very uncanny

good eye

ZUCCED

There was one that got me in a Syfy Original a few years back. It was about delinquents fending off prehistoric birds or something.

The whole theater screamed

That scene honestly scared the poo poo pee pee out of me when I first saw it; one of the very few instances where I can directly attribute having difficulty sleeping to a scary movies.

That said, it's not a perfect movie and it's definitely not for everyone. It's very slow and focuses on building dread rather than having outright frightening moments. I think the pictured scene is the only one that might make someone jump, although there are one or two other parts that might elicit a sharp intake of breath or temporary queasiness. You also have to be on board with the format - it adheres much more strongly to the composition of a television documentary than your bog standard found footage film, which usually boils down to INVESTIGATORS RECOVERED THIS TAPE IT'S SPOOKY WATCH IT

But if none of that puts you off, I'd recommend it.

If you watch the movie in anticipation of the one scene, it's underwhelming

the one with spooky Bart
don't post it please

wait what is this from

I've seen this before but I don't know where

The Fourth Kind

You mean this?

Lake Mungo and Blair Witch Project are the only 2 found footage films worth watching.

For me, the biggest jump scare I ever got was seeing Event Horizon in the theater as a kid, when Sam Neill is in the ventilation shaft and turns around to see his dead wife with her eyes all gouged out.

Bane?

>25 posts
>still no large marge
dropping this board

My whole theater actually laughed.

Kino horror flick

Idk if you can call this a jumpscare but fuck did it fill me with icy dread. Still gives me goosebumps

It's a natural human reaction to flinch or jump at a perceived threat, not just a loud noise. There are people that don't flinch at fireworks exploding but others will. Some people have a very high tolerance for what is considered a threat and will not flinch for jump scares. Some psychopaths won't even flinch or have a reaction at a gun pointed at then.

the one on the roof was scarier. the video was being expected.

heh, I must be a psycopath then

You are on Sup Forums, you either are a psychopath or have autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5B-ercdKE

This one scared the fuck out of me when I was a kid.

hey don't take it personnel kid

Ending of Enemy

The only one from the film that got me.

why not both?

>psychopaths
>on Sup Forums

Edgelords don't count, boy.

big guy

That's the only jumpscare in the movie

i was just about to post this

i dont know what it was about this scene in particular, but i almost pissed myself. well done shamalama

Aside from all those other ones we can immediately think of?

I rarely jump to loud noises. from lightnings falling near me and transformers exploding, but jumpscares usually have a buildup and unless it's really predictable they still get me

Fun fact, Blair Witch (1999) was only one of two movies I ever walked out from.

... you know the part

This movie (Sinister) made me afraid to mow my lawn for a whole Summer. Fuck that movie

I just watched this about a week ago. I thought I was too old to still fall for jumpscares, but goddamn was this a good one.

I was just about to fucking post this. This jump is one of the greatest in decades.

what was 2nd?

It's fucking terrible - the pacing is all over the goddamn place, the dialog is cringey, the acting is awful, and the "24" picture in picture cuts with the frames moving all over the goddamn screen look like something that was edited by a fucking spastic 9 year old

That was a really good one user.

Mine was probably "stir of echoes" probably the only good part of the movie when the thing pops up next to him... Oh my shit!

My older sister showed this to le and said I needed to get real close. I cried instantly.

is that the slide show one? it's so fucking stupid and predictable. You go from legitimate spooky clown on the lady's hair to LOL GIANT CGI CLOWN CRAWLING OUT THE WALL

The roof one scared the shit out of me because it's unexpected and takes a second to register which throws you off guard even more

It's that one frame that gets me, and I thought It was well done. But yeah they kind of fucked it by making him crawl out of the wall.

the og

CLEAR!

This scene really fucked me up because I had a hallway just like this in my house as a kid and I hated needing to get up in the middle of the night cause the light switch was all the way at the other end

youtu.be/V62DXs9_s8w

This and the puking girl scared the fuck out of me as a kid.

The tiger from Apocalypse Now

Ayyyy lmao

kek
youtu.be/7xdxIBNj2sw

film?

Noroi iirc

the new IT is so garbage. not even a big fan of the original but holy shit man they turned that movie into straight up garbage

What's this from?

Those are labels.

>jumpscares
>unpredictable

The Thing's jumpscares don't really get me. The practical effects are impressive as hell though.

Nah it was a good movie

What novie is this?

i liked it

Tell us more about popular things you don't like

It mostly works because it's the only jump scare and it happens like 2 hours into the "movie".

When i first saw this i contorted my body while lying down while simultaneously flinging myself up off my bed to hit the light switch above me.

Wew that scene was scary.

If you know the scene then no it isnt. Thats literalky the only "good" part and its underwhelming as all fuck. Shilling of this flick worked too well.

one of the best experiences in a movie theater in my life

same, I'm honestly starting to think I just have shit reflexes because nothing startles me in real life, but I have a hard time with jumpscares.

Which Star Wars is this?

GOD I'M AFRAID TO UNSPOILER ALL OF THESE LOL

This one got me hard

they played this one in every trailer/commercial etc so it was kind of ruined by the time I saw the movie

Gross.

This hit me like a fucking brick

Patrician

Man, I have no idea why this one got me so hard but it did.

My dad leaned over and asked me if that was Darth Maul during the movie. Ruined the rest of it for me lol

Sleep tight