Why did this movie make so much money? Not even the audience i watched it with was scared...

Why did this movie make so much money? Not even the audience i watched it with was scared, the only time they ever reacted was to laugh at the comedy, and the characters were nothing out of this world, didnt really care for them, especially when they did stupid things. I do feel bad for how the fat boy was cucked.

Saw it a few hours ago, it was okay, some of the magical things Pennywise could do felt pretty creative and the feel-good Stand By Me vibe in a few scenes made it worth it. But yeah it wasn't scary but I don't like horror movies so I can't complain.

I liked it. Kid acting was great and so was Bill as Pennywise. Solid coming of age film that blended horror and comedy quite well

Quick, someone post the webm of the dancing scene for the 758th time today

Take this instead

literally nothing else to watch this month

It was hyped and pushed hard. Most of all my co-workers saw it, and they dont even like horror movies.

It was the best thing that came out this year but I think that's more a testament towards how shitty the year is.
The movie was 8/10 though

It was a good movie. Not great, but definetly good.
Also this

>No real competition (IT's in it's third weekend and is beating Ninjago and almost on par with Kingsman, which both opened this weekend)
>Based on a popular Stephen King Novel
>Also has the nostalgia crowd because of the Mini-series
>Meme factor because clowns
>The movie has been getting good reviews
>Film itself is actually quite good

They movie is more than just horror.

I can't imagine Part 2 being any good. The kids made the film.

Andy confirmed the kids will still be a big part of chapter 2

They'll probably take a darker tone with Part 2, which may or may not work out. It'll be fun to see how the story-driven (as opposed to scare-driven) direction of the first one plays out in the second.

It was pretty good except for the fucking terrible score.

1 reason and 1 reason only
Hint:shes a CUTIE

Based froggo saved this movie.

This studio is probably making endless notes now for the deluge of Joker movie ideas floating up.

Still hasn't turned a profit.

>kid acting was so good
Bill was shit. I already wanted to strangle him only 2 minutes in when he did that *cough* I’m sick Georgie shit. He’s a terrible actor

wait, why would she be excited to see an user in the first place?

Will we see the turtle in Chapter 2?

Do people actually find the book scary? I've always thought of it as a kid's adventure book with swears and sex.

it freaked me out when I first read it at age 13, but as an adult, nope

Yes the turtle is confirmed to be in part 2 in at least some shape or form

The real question is would Fukunaga’s version have been better?

Just another nostalgia cash in

Because the IT miniseries has notoriety for being scary, even if it wasnt, and while it wasn't very scary most people I know really liked the coming of age story that was present. I expect chapter 2 to bomb critically, but still make a shit ton of money.

I just want to know why no one is talking about the huge nips on youngben

No. There's like one good idea and the rest is retarded

It was slightly better than the absolute hog wash being produced now (not saying much), it's sort of topical with how infamous/popular the 1990 one was and a killer marketing budget.

I hope they adapt the part where Pennywise eats a fag in front of his boyfriend

Because it's r rated and people really wanted to see little kids get gruesome murdered by a clown

The writer or director said that they may have it play more of a part than it does in the book

My sweet little whorish Pennywise. I did as you told me, you dirty little clown, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting clown when every fuck drives one out of him. I think I would know Pennywise's fart anywhere. I think I could pick his out in a roomful of farting clowns. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat Losers have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a sewer at night. I hope Pennywise will let off no end of his farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

The OG IT was a classic to alot of people and plenty of kids- now adults were scared of Pennywise as a kid so it just made sense to make a film as these adults would want to watch the movies now. When you see this you can see why it made the amount of money it did. The fact that it had good writing when you compare it to other horror films will make this a classic. More Horror films need to focus on writing and a little less on scaring. You need to care about the character before you care if they die or not.

It's not really a horror movie though. It's an adventure movie where the characters are scared by horror. Horror and fear is the main focus but it's not really supposed to be scary. No one was scared of the Wolfman or the Mummy when the book came out.

>Why did this movie make so much money?
good marketing

It had some horror but I'd pay to see a show where it's just the kids hanging out and being kids y'know? Sort of like Stand by Me. It felt like that alot at points of movie.

My ten year old niece saw this somehow. she said it wasn't even scary

Yeah, kids aren't usually scary user ;)

Are they really making a part 2?

Of course. They're trying to have it done by the end of 2018 but it'll probably be out in 2019

Actually they just announced today they're shooting for a Sept 2019 release. They'll probably start shooting soon so the kids don't age too much because they'll have new scenes in flashbacks

It's been confirmed for a September 6th, 2019 release

>dated within a month of release
>fast tracked to the same year as Wonder Woman 2
>Itguaranteedsmash

I want to see the flying leeches eat somebody since they cheated Patrick's death in part 1. Maybe they eat Adrian Mellon?

I cant wait to see the shity spider in part 2

It's fine
It's a better coming of age story than a horror film. The tone of the movie didn't help Pennywise to be a scary as it could.

Considering that Penny grew Tyranid claw arms in the final fight he'd most likely turn into some sort of a monstrous praying mantis.

Sweet. I'm in the minority where I really like the Mystical Cosmic Turtle stuff and the bizarre shift in atmosphere it brings.

>Why did this movie make so much money?
Because it was kino, comfiest movie of the year

Because everyone loves Finn Wolfhard

The projector scene was good. That was about it.

Theyre not even shown once as adults. The beginning of the credits says "It: chapter one".

>Almost $300 domestic
>Almost $500 worldwide
>Sequel not only greenlit, but fast tracked for 2019
>Critical darling with an 84% certified RT score after 260 reviews
>87% fan score with almost 50,000 votes
>Enjoyed by Sup Forums for the most part
>Smashed every kind of box office record a horror movie can have, will be second only to the Sixth Sense by the end of its run.

Has any one tripfag ever been blown the fuck out as hard before? I'm starting to wonder if this level of success wasn't the universes' way of fucking with the poor guy.

Oh wow this film made $800?

Who do you think makes these "IT was shIT hahaha *tips fedora*" cringe threads? The guy must be thinking it's either this or suicide

That's $500m combined

>in b4 it needs to make $1 billion just to break even

Looks like that alt-right boycott didn't work out so well.

Because she knows that we can ruin her life whenever we feel like it.

>Bev giving the white power hand sign
/ourgirl/

t o p k e k

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Baywatch is in the Red Box.
Literally no reason NOT to get litty.

>disliking things for attention

Cringe

>and
It's more an R rated goonies than a horror movie
Georgie getting his arm ripped off was the only really scary part

WHITE POWER

>while snuggling next to her bull

Based dumbposter, fucking board treasure

Would you take his hand user?

Yes but I want to die

It was so fucking boring, I couldn't even watch the whole thing and started skipping through it about 40 minutes in ... Old one was boring as well.

neck yourself piratefag

Why did they put the boys in tighty whities and not boxers? The pervy implications of this scene reflect on both sexes based off this detail.

>Not even the audience i watched it with was scared
I'm living in frigid sweden and the audience was screaming in fear at the scary bits. So your analysis is not correct if applied here

Because of the era. Boxers and briefs were not always as widespread as they are now.

It was set in the 80s idiot

>le edgy memelord army

What does she mean by this?

It's not a scary movie though.
Felt more like a comedy.

I watched it twice because of Bev.
I'm not ashamed.

>she

Because extroverted people are normally excited to meet someone new.

Bill takes lego turtle into the basement with him when he sees Pennywise /Georgie

They also find a turtle at the lake.

Because cute kids are cute and it was more than just a horror movie. Unfortunately, I have no doubt that the second part won't do as well.

It was just a nice film.
If it weren't for the kids, or for being "It", or for hitting right into the memberberries of the target audience, it would be a pretty shitty forgettable horror.
I mean, the horror element is as primitive as it can get - BANG BOO LOUD NOISE BE SCARED.

good M to M marketing

Because it's good, not scary.

this

>cost 35 million to make
>has made over 500 million worldwide
Come join the clown, user.

I never got the vibe that it was supposed to be scary. It struck me as an adventure/coming of age film more than a horror film. There were scenes that were meant to be scary, but only if you put yourself in the character's shoes.

>gay faggot gets sucked to death by blood leeches
what did they mean by this

the book is pretty infamous. even when i was in grade school kids talked about how scary it was. and i was born in '94

5 0 0 M I L L I O N
M
I
L
L
I
O
N

his outfit looks so very soft and cuddly. I want to hug him :(