>everyone hates Summer now

what happened?

it's just reddit throwing a tantrum

Summer always has been our girl

sneedly deedly doo

>someone spended seconds of their life typing out that filename
queer ass show for queer assed people

there are interesting female primary characters in the world

summer just isn't a nice person. Morty is tolerable because his meekness is endearing.

Summer is just an outright bitch with serious case of arrogance that the show keeps paying off - making her as invincible as Rick at times, and frankly grinding in Morty's (and therefore the viewers) inferiority complex.

>We could never have a classic episode like Keep Summer Safe now because she's a total badass woman who would have killed all the spiders and went home.
>She's also super responsible and can be trusted to fix rick and morty's fuck ups

Fuck her and their attempt to make her into Rick 2.

worked

ha haterz shez a girl and as you all now girlz are cool!

She's better than rick because she's smart and a woman.

She has seen some shit dude, it's called character development.
Do you think Morty will remain an innocent scaredy cat for much longer? think again.

I am sexually attracted to a crudely drawn cartoon

She doesn't give up the pussy

Summer's annoying and retarded.

Formerly great.

>Character development
>R&M

>stopped pissing herself as much
d r o p p e d

Yes. Despite being an episodic show, R&M characters do change over time.

She thinks she's hotter than her Mom

They do? Which show is this exactly?

PICKLE RICK!!!!! XD!!

moar

>>everyone hates Summer now
>now
>implying she wasn't always hated

Literally only 2 good episodes this season. Who the fuck are the letting write this shit?

>S-STOP LIKING BIG BOOBS
>IF YOU L-LIKE BIG BOOBS YOU'RE A SEXIST MEANIE
If it weren't for the BE in that episode I'd drop the show.

Her character has been super inconsostent this season.

It's not her fault, it's the new shitty writers' fault for taking a normal, detached, dismissive, sometimes terrified teenage girl and turning her into a mean-spirited, murderous, spiteful, father-hating dickwad. It's the worst kind of character assassination because the writers actually believe they're making her character better.

they're projecting REAL female values like hating daddy and having sporadic changes in personality

>tfw OP is a closet racist, beta-male sexist

they self inserted themselves with summer and the therapist and disregarded any back story cause you know fuck ya girls can do what they want wooo hooo!

I guess Jerry never moved out and Birdperson is still alive, huh?

Hating daddy is for girls without dependable father figures. Summer is not one of them.
Sporadic changes in personality is not killing people over your parents' divorce.

Nope.

>Literally only 2 good episodes this season
That's 2 more good episodes than season 2 and season 1 had.
>Who the fuck are the letting write this shit?
Yeah, I want to know too. That guy deserves a raise.

Best summer

>events to milk episodes from
>development

>it's called character development
>R&M characters do change over time.
Once the titular characters abandoned their whole universe, including all the other family members.

In this episode, it was implied that Beth was replaced with a clone programmed to act like her pre-crisis, pre-divorce self, and that if she wasn't, then the revelations and options offered to her restored her to this state anyway.

So now Beth and Jerry are going to get reset, and they'll have the clone thing to pull out for an episode a season or two down the road, like they did with the dead Rick and Morty.

stop texting with your shit wiping hand you gross whore

Death that doesn't affect anyone isn't development and Jerry literally has a different background thats it

>these people exist

>tfw a show finally shows my breast expansion fetish
>doesn't treat it like a joke like all the other times it's been shows (all 2 of them)
Feels pretty good.

>Not giant inside out summer
Fuckin plebs

I was disappointed to not see more of big titted Summer

Fuck off Sup Forums

DUDE BETA MALE SEXIST LMAO

>originally generic "popular sister" character
>feminist writers in season 3 give her a bigger role
>now she's contrived AF and spouts SJW bullshit like "closet racist, beta-male sexist"

LOL SO HIP AND MODERN!

Because Harmon's totally cool and professional female writers, that are totally not diversity hires, are using her as a self-isert and projection behicle a bit harder than it's really nessecary.

To be fair it makes sense. Why wouldn't a girl in Summer's demographic be a sniveling SJW?

>Once the titular characters abandoned their whole universe, including all the other family members.
they specifically said at the time "yeah we can only get away with doing this like once more, twice tops" for this reason. they made a thing out of how it wasn't actually a reset and morty is traumatized from burying himself. the characters have developed since the reset; in fact the reset was a catalyst for a lot of character progression on the show like then morty takes summer to see the world he escaped, and the feral jacked version of summer that replaced her

its actually a well written show if you people weren't always finding ways to nitpick and find reasons to dislike it

but this season has been mildly disappointing. it's had moments, though.

Because she hasn't been to college for her indoctrination yet.

I'm not even joking. She has a normal social life, so she's not someone who retreats into Tumblr. They only pick this virulent shit up from Tumblr or college.

did that one sting a bit

the vast, vast majority comedy writers are left wing it's not just the women

thats how creative professions work. conservatives dont tend to go into creative professions. you make fun of people with art or lit degrees, remember?

shit's in high schools now senpai
complete with intense amounts of peer pressure and a crippling hormone fueled desire to fit in

im willing to bet you people are way too young to be "kids these days"ing

What does this have to do with Summer now being a self insert for the female writing staff's insecurities and wish fulfillment?

>thinking all SJWs went to college
Maybe you need to go to college, fucking retard.

>gatekeeping on the actual undeniable fact that sjw culture has crept into high schools
i hear about it from my little brother tbqhfamalam

Who the fuck is bird person? Jesus, do you actually keep up with the show, you fucking loser?

No, I don't "keep up with the show".I work for the show.

She dissed her dad.
To hell with her.

this IS a board to discuss tv and this IS a thread about a show ON tv. why ARE you so SHOCKED that someone would KEEP up with A SHOW given these STATE OF AFFAIRS

go away justin, tell harmon to stop being such a fucking loser and get this sjw shit out of the show

it's not the kind of thing a child should say to their parent

jerry should have spanked her

Kill the female writers and blame it on dan

>I work for the show.
This explains the people who defend the major trash injection this season.

The trash comes here to try and shill their own work.

Are you having an anyeurism?

Cool. So does this guy really eat poop or what?

>So now Beth and Jerry are going to get reset, and they'll have the clone thing to pull out for an episode a season or two down the road, like they did with the dead Rick and Morty.
at this point what are you doing except saying what they were probably saying in the writer's room. you get it, good for you. this is how tv shows are constructed. what do you want???

also see the dead rick and morty was originally a "trick" (if you can even call it that because they knew exactly what they were doing by "ending a universe") but they've revisited it so many times that calling it a "trick" or "gimmick" isn't fair. it's just a plot device

being able to deconstruct something doesn't just equate to it being bad. it just means you're able to deconstruct it. congratulations

Hey if the writers are watching, you're hacks. Froopyland could have been a much more developed, involved concept with legit adventure/mystery where Rick and Beth journey through it and discover things about their past along the way, growing and evolving as characters. But instead you chose to jerk yourselves off over how avant guarde you are by just having the characters explain everything, and all that was explained about beth is that she's a psycho killer? Fuck you.

> female writing staff's insecurities and wish fulfillment?
but this is what most character writing is built off of. "what are this character's insecurities and wishes?" People tend to write what they know. You're just describing the process of writing. If you don't like the writing, fine, but does everything always just have to devolve into "women suck hehe". i like a good "women suck" joke as much as the next guy but it's just fucking constant.

constantly talking about SJWs and cucks and and MAGA, red pills, snowflakes, tiki torches, virtue signalling, it just doesn't END. i have to learn a new acronym each week to even understand what you people are fucking talking about anymore and every thread has to turn into it

yeah i didn't think the most recent episode was too great either. beth saying "fake news" rubbed me the wrong way, which is something this show rarely does.

having said that, why does it always have to be an extreme opinion?

>But instead you chose to jerk yourselves off over how avant guarde you are by just having the characters explain everything
that took about 12 seconds. how much do you think you can fit into 24 minutes of tv?

> Froopyland could have been a much more developed, involved concept with legit adventure/mystery where Rick and Beth journey through it and discover things about their past along the way
I think you're right here, froopy land was a bit flat

>and all that was explained about beth is that she's a psycho killer?
more that she's really just like rick in both senses, that she's violent, and she really does love her family.

Wait....if Rick can make a clone in 3 hours with all the memories of the original person then why did he use shitty androids to replace the kids in the Mad Max episode?

what, and then have him unceremoniously kill the real clones of morty and summer at the end of the episode? that would be so pointless and out of character

think about it

Women do suck though you fucking faggot

>>>R&M characters do change over time.
>>So now Beth and Jerry are going to get reset
>you get it, good for you. this is how tv shows are constructed. what do you want???
To make the point that there's no real character development in Rick and Morty, obviously. It's something to be erased, reset, and reduced to material for callbacks when they're done with the story it's featured in.

Nothing that happens in any episode matters, because it's not that kind of show. So time spent on character development is just bad writing. We have no reason to care about it, and it's boring.

She called her mom a bitch and her dad a cowardly baby beta racist sexist in a single episode. She's a cunt.

Birdperson is still alive as Phoenixperson.

>what happened?
Because Reddit are closeted MGTOW faggots and can't handle the fact that Summer isn't a backseat character anymore.

I loved the last episode senpai

>and Birdperson is still alive, huh?
I'm not sure. Do you consider a corpse being driven around by a computer installed in its head alive?

This especially with everything else too.

>Wait....if Rick can ... then why did he ...?
Because it's episodic. And also, Rick can do anything at any moment, unless the plot needs him to not be able to do it for there to be any dramatic tension.

>unceremoniously kill the real clones of morty and summer at the end of the episode? that would be so pointless and out of character
That would be perfectly in character. They had a good bit going with the robots (at least Mortybot) developing free will and not wanting to die. It was basically the same thing.

They ruined her. She's an unpleasant cunt in every episode.

Have you never met a teenage girl before

user if you ever take any sort of creative writing or film class one of the first things they teach you is that bad writers use their characters as a soapbox. Good ones are able to create characters and situations they may not personally like.

haven't watched a minute of s3. should I even bother? from what I read s3 is shitty

>it's called character development

Morty is still a pussy (just a learned one who understands how a lot of this crazy shit goes) and Jerry literally regressed from Whirly Dirly to suit the plot of the episode.

what's this soapbox you're talking about though, specifically? summer saying the phrase "beta-male sexist"? i thought SJWs don't use terminology like "beta-male"? You know what nevermind i can't fucking understand you people anymore

Reminder that trying to look for consistent character development in a show that's demonstrated to have infinite continuities that are all slightly different is like trying to look for consistent character development in a show like Squidbillies.

Reminder that, unless specifically stated, there's no reason to believe every episode is taking place within Rick C137's current universe of residence.

It's okay if you don't mind watching an inferior sequel. Some episodes are truly shit, like Pickle Rick is just one long fucking Reddit zaniness non-joke.

The writing staff is 50/50 male/female now and it has a design by committee feel, like the original guys are still throwing in some funny lines but mostly they're letting it coast under its own inertia. A lot of the comedy is now based on "socially relatable scenarios" and aforementioned reddit zany joke. Feels more like How I Met Your Mother than R&M half the time.

What annoys me about the way Summer's being written this season is that she no longer seems to have her own social life unless it's central to the plot.

For one episode, she's a normal teenage girl again, freaking out over a boy she likes liking another girl, but only because they need a reason for her to mess with one of Rick's magic devices so it can all go wrong.

It's just awful, lazy writing to forget about her being a popular girl who's too busy to pay much attention to her family.

If you need a Meeseeks to give a speech about how your classmates should be friends with you then you're probably not all that successful at the whole socializing thing.

Im yet to meet a fanbase as self loathing as this one. You guys make fun when people say this show is for smart people, but the fact is, it is. The show is full of philosophy, irony, references and a plethora of things that takes at least a somewhat educated mind to comprehend. Im not saying you cannot enjoy R&M is youre an average Joe, what im saying is that this show is smart, much like Fight Club or Wes Anderson movies are smart: they are works of art, they make you think and question your own beliefs, they critizice absurd aspects of society and upon rewatch you notice new things that add whole new dimensions to the story and characters.

The new episode just rolled out and everyone is commenting how everyone is going to quote that Rick line. Well guess what, of course people are gonna quote it, its a damn fine discourse Rick gives there, and critizicing exactly what you guys are doing. Im not posting it here to not spoil anyone, but seriuously go watch the discourse again and read between lines.

Also, i'd like to note that identifying yourself with Rick is not a "cringy" thing to do. I identify with characters from many different shows, because that what happens when you write a polyfacetic charismatic character. Im not to say I believe I'm Rick, thats just retarded in the same way putting a cape and jumping from a building is retarded, but I identify with his nihilism, his hedonism, his egoistical nature, etc.

So, can we just go back to enjoying our favourite show, see ourselves reflected in whatever the fuck character we want to be reflected, and going borderline paranoid with theories? First, because its a nice thing to do, you know, let everyone enjoy the show the way the want, and second, because by giving so much importance to the couple of retards who belittle others for not watching their favourite TV show you are going against the "Fuck all" attitude this show tries to convey.

Or as Rick said:
I don't give a fuck what you think, Jerry!

I fucking hate how i met your mother.. thanks user you the best

>having a social life when your grandfather creates a near apocalypse on a regular basis and all your friends are dead or are secret government agents

I know this is pasta, but I do have to chime in: It's smart in a pop culture way, not in a Plato or Aristotle kind of way. The bar for intelligent is now so low that a satirical cartoon show where the main character composes songs about taking a shit halfway through the episode because he stopped caring about the plot arc halfway through the episode.

It's a very self-aware show, I don't think anybody can reasonably contest that. But as far as defining it as an "intelligent" show it's only that way because the rest of television is just so fucking pathetically stupid.

Pickle Rick must have been a pretty shitty episode for you.

I don't know if I'd keep watching Rick and Morty if I didn't believe in character development. It's basically just Family Guy with a mechanic for non sequiturs instead of cuts like that.

chuckledy fuckeldy duck

>The bar for intelligent is now so low that a satirical cartoon show where the main character composes songs about taking a shit halfway through the episode because he stopped caring about the plot arc halfway through the episode.
There was supposed to be a "is considered intelligent" at the end of that sentence but I'm tired and got distracted with the overly long elaboration.

Boob'ya

>> female writing staff's insecurities and wish fulfillment?
>but this is what most character writing is built off of. "what are this character's insecurities and wishes?" People tend to write what they know. You're just describing the process of writing.
Holy shit, substituting your own insecurities and wishes for the character's is only the process of *bad fanfic* writing.

And "wish fulfillment" isn't the same thing as considering characters' wishes. Wish fulfillment is granting them, in arbitrary, uninteresting ways, without the struggle and conflict that make a story worth hearing.

Like if a character wants a sandwich and goes to the fridge and makes one, and eats it and it's good, that's not a good story. If the character wants a sandwich and another character brings them one, that's even less of a story. But you can build an epic around a character wanting a sandwich and not being able to get one, for one reason after another, or getting it and it's bad, or the price is too high, or the character realizes they don't even want a sandwich anymore.

Even Cinderella had to run home at midnight, and then had her sisters try to claim they were her and steal the prince she had charmed.

I'd let Summer call me of beta male desu