Would a harley rape comic be a good idea for dc?

Would a harley rape comic be a good idea for dc?

Joke characters don't get raped. But they do sometimes commit the act of rape.

Deadpool getting raped (had sex with what seemed to be the woman he loved who revealed herself to be another, very mentally ill woman in order to fuck with him) was a major plot point in his Kelly ongoing, which was when he first got a personality and became popular. It caused him to have a mental break and go full villain for awhile.

But Kelly Deadpool also had an ongoing story and a plan. Harley is just kind of mini-arcs that don't go anywhere.

So should she get raped or not?

It depends who she's raping.

desaad

The rape girl from invincible

Darkseid for mayor impact

Why me, of course!

Why doesn't Harley just rape the Joker?

Sjws would be pissed because you're showing a woman as vunerable and would be triggered because you're showing rape.

What is the legal status of having sex with a mentally ill adult? Are they considered just as able to give consent as other, mentally able adults or are they treated like someone who's underage?

No. It would have no weight or meaning because her stories are so self-contained that something big like that would go nowhere and be part of a jumble of continuity that never gets referenced again except as a joke.

It would work in Gotham City Sirens, not in any of the current Harley books.

Like I said, in Kellypool it had weight and a narrative purpose. Deadpool, aware of the 4th wall and caught in a crossroads between forces pulling him to be a literal superhero and basically the rest of his life being a villain that he spent nearly 40 issues struggling with his identity.

He desperately latched onto Vanessa as his reason to be good, who was from part of the only time in his life he considered himself good, only for it to actually be Typhoid Mary who wanted to corrupt him for the lulz. Horrified and near a physiological break he went to Blind Al to be his other support only to find that she had been in contact with Weasel, who represented him at his worst. So he broke down and went slasher movie villain on them, and for six issues continued being evil. He decided to be good again after deciding to trust Al as his good shoulder angel after he realized that for the first time he was alone and could make a clear judgemenf, only for the people who tried to make him a superhero in the first place to be revealed to be manipulative supervillains who just needed him to kill for them. Que another break with reality. On it goes, the entire series is Wade getting more and more broken by the world working against his attempt to be good until he realizes he should stop caring because he's a character in a fictional work who is supposed to suffer for comedy.

Harley has none of that. All her arcs are self-contained, and there is no struggle or theme. There is no running narrative, so her getting raped would not set a series of events or realizations in motion. It would just be "The Harley Raped Arc".

Depends 100% on what kind of mental illness.

Kelly wrote Deadpool as a comedic character hiding a tragic past with real darkness inside him. That's different from a straight up joke character.

You would never see Droopy Dog raped, for example.

>a comedic character hiding a tragic past with real darkness inside him
That's really what Harley ought to be too. Although technically, we all know her tragic past.

Would Harley be considered to have the same kind of super insanity that the Joker has?

>That's really what Harley ought to be too

But that's what Harley has been prior to.rhe reboot, even in Injustice Harley hid some depth (only during Taylor's run)

>DC makes deathstroke
>Marvel makes Deadpool in response
>DC changes Harley to more resemble Marvel's Deadpool (Waypool specifically)
>Marvel creates Gwenpool as an even more obnoxious answer to new Harley Quinn

I don't think a comic like Harley Quinn should tackle a serious topic like Rape...especially in any kind of graphic way.

I could see her wearing a strap on chainsaw and raping power girl though

So DC should make a version of Deathstroke using an alternate universe version of a female character who's best known for being killed! Who would that be for DC, Alexandra DeWitt?

No.
Harley has been diagnosed as different things over the years. None of them Joker's undefined insanity.
One was her self-description in Legends Of The Dark Knight #49 of using the Joker like a drug; she abandons all responsibility and puts things like shame and guilt away as something she doesn't have to feel because its all his fault.

Another version was where she was a psychopath obessed with murder and murderers to the point she manipulated her boyfriend into killing for her.

In another, she's fully delusional and sees the world as a cartoon where she can shoot someone or smash them with a hammer and they aren't dead, just out cold.

In the 52 she was basically brainwashed like a member of the Manson family, then in the depths of her madness discovered she was in a comic which gave her the ability to warp reality somewhat like Domino from X-Men mixed with Deadpool. Its been theorized that's why Batman supports her now despite her still racking up a body count, she sees herself as an antihero so she's forced reality to treat her as one and gets into zany adventures by influencing them to happen subconsciously.

None of the above is attributed to the Joker though.

Injustice Harley seemed fine to me, at least what I've seen. It was New 52 Harley I've seen the most problems with. Haven't really looked into what's changed with Rebirth.

Marvel didn't make Deadpool, Liefeld did. He copied Deathstroke in concept because he wasn't allowed to write him, but ripped off Spiderman as his favorite look too. Kelly later gave Deadpool a personality beyond throwaway oneshot villain never planned to appear again.
See, Marvel gave Liefeld full license to do whatever the fuck he wanted back then because the guy was basicallg printing money.

Harley was retooled to be like Deadpool because much of the 52 was slots that kept getting canceled where DCwas just throwing random anything to see what stuck.

Spider-Gwen was independent of that, and resulted from fans glomming onto a single idea used for a variant cover with no other meaning. Which is exactly what DC did to make the Bombshells series independently of that. Hell, had the Lego covers or cosplay covers sold that well there'd be Lego and live-action photo ongoings too.

Nothing changed in Rebirth. Just like Green Lantern going into the 52 after Flashpoint.

Damn.

>In another, she's fully delusional and sees the world as a cartoon where she can shoot someone or smash them with a hammer and they aren't dead, just out cold.
I saw a snippet of that. What was it from?

She doesn't need to rape him, she's his onahole.

Karl Kessel Harley Quinn run, early 2000

>Another version was where she was a psychopath obessed with murder and murderers to the point she manipulated her boyfriend into killing for her.

>In the 52 she was basically brainwashed like a member of the Manson family, then in the depths of her madness discovered she was in a comic which gave her the ability to warp reality somewhat like Domino from X-Men mixed with Deadpool. Its been theorized that's why Batman supports her now despite her still racking up a body count, she sees herself as an antihero so she's forced reality to treat her as one and gets into zany adventures by influencing them to happen subconsciously.

Aren't these two from Palmiotti's Harley origin? Or are you taking the first one from Kessel take on Harley's past?

I don't remember, sorry. I only remember LOTDK Harlequinade because its one of my favorite Harley stories.

I guess the first is Kessel based on but I don't know really. I remember reading both, not what they're from.

have you been reading any of her comics lately

>The Joker had the DCEU look in the past
>in those three issues he presumably looks like pc related
What are they smoking?

That's why I said PRIOR the reboot, N52 Harley has the depth of a desert. Harley from 1993 to 2011 had depth, had a character, when DC rebooted it ruiner her day one

If you're taking the bf from Kessel then you're wrong, her bf only killed because her professor spiked his drink with Joker toxin, Harley was only bluffing because she was experimenting on how far will people.go.for the person they love

It looks like they're attempting something. Maybe.
I don't know, when they sever her story away from The Joker her character suffers from it.

For better or worse Harley is her own character now, DC has spent a large amount of time making sure of that, I don't see Harley being Joker's sidekick anymore

Sidekick implies a minor role, Ivy would and is sort of a sidekick.

It also can't be denied that Harley's personality took a terrible nosedive after her first solo run.

A corrective rape book to rape the lesbianism out of Harkey that ends with Harkey and the Jojer killing the rapists, and then Joker hops Harley's hyenas up on Joker venom and has them rape her because she'd get uppity if he didn't put her in her place while he has a re-crippled (knife still in her back) Barbara Gordon suck him off, and he's holding a pair of pliers and teeth are strewn about?

>Sidekick implies a minor role, Ivy would and is sort of a sidekick.

I know, that's why I said it, she also can't be a secondary character or anything like that

>It also can't be denied that Harley's personality took a terrible nosedive after her first solo run.

I dunno about that, Harley personality remained the same as BTAS Harley after her first solo back in the 2000s, only change I would say was during Lieberman run when she was more serious and gritty

Okay StudioFOW, calm down and take a hike

I don't see why not Palmotti rapes the readers twice a month.

Even The Joker isn't that edgy.

10/10

>imply Deadpool and Harley and Gwenpool aren't rip offs of Ambush Bug