Aperture science guns in comics?

How do these people keep getting 65% more bullet...per bullet?

Easy: Those bullets are a fictive, hallucinatory product of his deranged imagination.

Easy: I don't read this shit.

It's pretty amazing how so many comic book artist still don't know how guns works

There's no real excuse nowadays, what with the internet right on hand.

its funny because most comic artists from before the internet did understand

They have gun guns in Star Wars?
The excuse is pretty much the same. They're ignorant of guns but thanks to the media have tons of misconceptions. Being able to look up reference doesn't mean they're gaining knowledge of how a gun actually works. They're just looking up images of bullets which are more likely to be unfired and if they're lucky enough to want reference for actually firing the gun it doesn't mean they're always observant enough to wonder what that pinging noise is or what keeps flying off the gun. The Internet might have the information but that doesn't mean artists are asking the right questions.

>Bullets.

>Star Wars.

I'm lost.

it was a planet that had been cut off for generations.

they didn't get the space/laser upgrades everyone else did.

I legitimately just tried googling what a bullet looks like after being fired, and almost all of the images are the flattened and broken remains.

knowing what you want and knowing how to ask for what you want are two different things.

and considering the turnaround on a normal monthly book, donating more than a couple minutes to do one panel's worth of research is just not worthwhile.

Damn... Why are MK recent books so pretty to look at?

Guns that shoot bullets are a thing in the Star Wars universe. They're called slugthrowers and are used due to their effectiveness against force users and do not give away their postions when firing.

There's a lot of indifference to how things work. I'm not here to praise glorious Nippon, but I've seen a lot more regard for how weapons work, or at least how they look in manga, than I've seen in fun laden comics. The guys behind Mad Bull, specifically the artist did extensive research, even came to New York to get things right. The Golgo 13 studio has an extensive library of replica guns. Ryoichi Ikegami can draw an obscure weapon from Africa in a manga from the 80s, mean while everyone in Black Panther is still chucking spears. Of course there's still that Japanese lady that held a rifle like a bazooka. Guns in my opinion should be the easiest thing to get right, even without having to shoot them.

As an addendum, I found Edmonson and Gerads Punisher rather obnoxious even if it was most likely the only Punisher run to get things related to guns,equipment, the military, and tactics right.

what, do you not care for the "traced vector art" aesthetic?

i just found a video of a bullet getting fired and it only took me a few minutes i can just assume it's the same for most ammo
just draw the bullet without the casing go out and buy some bullets and take them a part for references it's not that hard

yeah, but its even he slightest bit of effort

At this point I honestly believe most artists are doing it to piss of people who know better.
Like Dillon and the Frank Face.

A lot mangakas who write gun heavy comics tend to be gun enthusiasts (as much as one can in Japan). On the other hand most American comic artists are unlikely to have fired a gun much less be interested in them beyond the surface level.

That specific page would be 100% perfect comic art if that bullet was correct.

Absolutely beautiful and formally perfect.

they were only pretending to be retarded, you mean?

I guess that guy has a new trick up his sleeve!

>the Finn doll in the last panel
Just now saw this

Does not compute. That design literally would not fire. The jacket cannot pass out of the casing.
Here's a nosler ballistic tip. Even easier to draw.

Wtf is this??? Are they somehow shooting the shell casings at jedi beardo? Fucking hell, they need to stick with lasers. Or blasters, whatever.
Yet another shitty artist who's "bullet" wouldn't even make it out of the barrel.
All right. I'm triggered. Who's going to make me warm milk and give me a safe space. Goddammit OP

And also, bullets spin ffs.

what's the green stuff about

user, Golgo 13 got the track layout and the general geography of some tiny-ass Euro border region right. Pretty much everybody outside of Cape Comics gets some basic level of research done, even if it's just reading other works of the genre.

But cape comics can't even research the castrato strongmen fantasy wrestling they're based on properly, they in fact seemed to be hell-bent on deliberatley getting shit wrong in order to weed out the sort of casuals who could demand qualities beyond: "this book is guaranteed to contain one or more of our trademarks".

>They have gun guns in Star Wars?
Yeah
They don't work for shit against force-fields and shields, so no one really used them often. But they found a good niche in fighting Jedi and Sith. Bullets come too fast and often for the force-user to deflect all of them, even if he can figure out their trajectory.

Artists before the Internet were men who served their country, not pusillanimous traitors to flag, cross and country.

Or just get some assorted bullets and casings, you don't even need powder or primers? I suppose there's a risk the owner is into comics and you'll have to spend the rest of the day on the range but hey.

Star wars has all sorts of guns, including slugthrowers

Its a big setting

Well no, its the fact that when they try to deflect physical bullets with the lightsabers that instead of bouncing back like blaster bolts the bullets tend to turn into superheated slag that is still moving towards them

Thats how most Jedi-effective weapons work, things that aren't affect by their blaster deflection gimmick and just go around the laser swords which really throws the trained force user for a loop, like 'sonic' weapons.

>Necked cartridge being shot out of a colt .45, instead of you know... a .45

this triggers me more than firing the whole bullet

Only redneck, survivalist gun nut 'murricans care about this kind of bullshit.

the artist took the bullet from the cartridge and drew that, not realizing it would deform from the heat of being fired. At least he didnt draw the case attached to the bullet.

but he did draw the case attached to the bullet, you can see it right there.

No they just had editors that did their job.
Although yes mant of them did, because many of them had some level of military experience

nah just people who care about accuracy

it's as stupid as a bow that only shoots arrow heads or a car that runs on coal

>No they just had editors that did their job.

>implying that these inaccuracies aren't deliberately placed by current editors

Top kek.

polymer tip to help bullet expansion and deformation within the target, so it damages the most amount of area possible

Nobody cares about your gun fetish or the correct way to draw a bullet, /k/

>cross
you mean star of david?