ITT: actors too good for capeshit

ITT: actors too good for capeshit

It's not going to be a long list.

Mission Impossible is capeshitesque. So was the Mummy.

Robert Downey Jr

He was supposed to be Ironman. Declined, coz of marketing licence. Cruise do not allow to use his likeness in merchandise. Marvel couldn't go with Ironman, with no merch figures and face.

Why doesn't he want his likeness used? Does he want too much a percentage of profits?

He would have made a good Wolverine, especially if he wore the yellow costume from the animated series. I want to see a crazy Tom with sideburns

The mummy was basically capeshit

I think it's not about profits. He either can't do it or just doesn't want to become 'Che Guevara' on random t-shirts.

I would give anything to see these two collaborate. Both of them are slightly mentally-unhinged absolute tour-de-force kino megastars that can make anything brilliant.

Denzel is the only other one I can think of.

After mads I lost all hope

M8, don't even pretend Universal's "Dark Universe" wasn't some DCEU shit.

Gibson was almost the Suicide Squad 2 director. Thankfully it looks like he's out of the running now.

He could make it great. I like his movies, he doesn't give a shit and shows lot of brutality onscreen.

checked

gran torino is based off a graphic novel

Literally why does anyone buy these fucking things

No idea, they are fucking cancer. The worst thing is, due to these shits, no actual 1/6 scale figures coming. Pretty much every movie got Funko POP! instead classic merch figures.

Beanie Babies for Millenials

That's a weird hang up for an actor to have. He's losing a ton of money.

Does Tom Cruise looks like guy who cares about money? He got shitload already, few million more or less wouldn't make difference.