Why was he so lazy?

Why was he so lazy?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/bib/kjv/ecc001.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's the dude! Dude!

Because he got a pity Oscar so now he can do whatever he wants

Why aren't you?
Probably because laziness is largely defined by genetics.

>laziness is defined by genetics
Is this a thing or are you just being silly?

Amen to that

>its not my fault i'm a failure
Holy fuck. This is sad.

>manspreading in a limousine...

All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back.

doesn't he have a huge inheritance or something

that and he was a conscientious objector, which can wreck your chance at getting a job

In the end it doesn't even matter bro

It's a thing. 40-60% of your laziness is genetic.

How could it be your fault if you lack the ability to overcome your own laziness?

>can wreck your chance at getting a job

What?

Did your employer make you beat up a coworker again?

The Dude's like 40. Something clearly happened to him that made him lose all drive and ambition. He's just trying to be happy.

i thought the american government has yet to give pardons to vietnam objectors

It's fact accepted by science that laziness is hereditary. That doesn't mean you cannot counter it. Just like being an addict is hereditary. Again, does not mean you have to be lazy or an addict.

pot use

>drive and ambition
Tweenagers are so cute. Don't worry you'll be a big youtube celebrity ... like we were going to be movie stars ... like our parents were gonna be rockstars.

>the splerge

let it all out user

Cause the 60s were nice and comfy for average folk. His character in Lebowski represents that element of the decade.

Nah, I think, like, Carter did or something.

Pretty much this. Im not happy but my life is similar to the Dude's.

>lazy
That's just like your opinion, man

What personal issues are you trying to deal with here?

Weed is good every now and then for fun, but too much of it takes away your motivation.

lazy?

That's just like...your opinion...man.

weed and alcohol. White russian is Kahlua and vodka.

White Russian is Kahlua, vodka and light cream.

If you aren't on track for something by the time you hit 30, life just becomes spinning your wheels until you die. And there ain't nothing wrong with that either, it's not like most people accomplish something worth writing about. More people should strive for a comfortable, happy life than "muh accomplishments". When you die no one's going to care that you put in 60 hour work weeks.

the best NEET

a role model we all aspire to be

Cannabis

He was more nihilistic than the nihilists

being lazy doesn't make you a failure, I make 6 digits a year and I'd still consider myself a lazy bastard

>tfw smart but lazy

Its usually a joke or at least used ironically here, but it does suck.

Everyone conisders me to be the smartest whether it be in school or the family, and yet I am the least achieved person I have ever seen.

Apathy

because he smonk weed

i guess it is genetic. my father is a hard worker and my mom although having a job isn't. I take after my mom. my brother doesn't.

I hear this all the time from my family.
It's not that I'm lazy, but why the fuck would I work myself to the bone for a company that doesn't give a shit about me?
They basically consider you a number in any field now.

Frosty Corn Flakes: They're Al-r-right!

I bet none of you faggots are smart - your parents just say you are smart to encourage you to find a fucking job, but it's a waste of time, because they aren't smart enough to know that no amount of encouragement will make you get off your lazy ass. And by the way, intelligence is hereditary too, so that's why you're dumb

>honey get me a beer
>get it yourself
>but I'm a laaaazyyyyyyyyyy
I'm such a lazy bastard lel xD

no he was absurdist

why are niggers so lazy yet they worked the fields so well?

I forgot jeff bridges played the guy. I just know him as a redneck now.

The Big Lebowski is a cautionary tale about the evils of smoking the herbal jew.

Wrong. I could have been anybody, done anything, if only I dared to try even the slightest. I'm like an undiscovered treasure, and only I know where x marks the spot - but I won't even bother.

Because back then they literally whipped them into line. Now they've got gibs-me-dats

Why is this picture so perfect?

he gets around quite a bit desu
>i write this in my underwear, having not had breakfast because I'm out of milk but I can't be assed to go out and get some and all my underpants are dirty anyway because I've been neglecting the laundry for the last 3 weeks

>tfw havent showered and have worn the same clothes for the last 2 months
>tfw i dont even care any more

Who isn't?

He would've supported Bernie Sanders.

Is that drink he makes all the time actually good?

Not in my opinion, milk and alcohol don't mix well 2bh

It's alright, sweet.

No.

It's milk, coffee, and vodka IIRC. Drank a lot of white russians in college because milk and coffee were free in my dorm room.

or milk if you're a cheap fuck

I mean like pretty much but I mean what can you do you know?

khalua vodka and milk or cream my moms drink of choice but I would agree with user dairy and alcohol are a no for me

It's probably some MILF's breast milk. I'd drink that by the gallon.

I feel ya.
So many of my friends just went for a career in the one thing they were good at but I didn't have anything stand out like that.
Straight As across the board means too many options and no reason to pick a specific one.
Plus, is it worth the aggravation of finding a job when there's nothing worth working for?

Replace coffee with khalua and you would be right. You would probovly like it more too.

leave out the milk, makes a Black Russian

yeah this is always good khalua is pretty sweet still

>people think intelligence is one unique thing

Best White Russian recipe
4 parts grey goose
2 parts kahlua
1 part skim milk
1 part vanilla coffeemate creamer
Pour them in that order over lots of ice in a tall glass for the cool cloudy effect. Stir a bit before drinking but leave more of the creamer on top so the vodka isn't overpowering. By the time you reach the bottom of the drink the rocks melt and dilute the vodka.

mixed drinks are for fee fee faggots.
the point of drinking is to get drunk. drink it straight. vodka, whiskey, whatever.

Obviously he read the Tao De Ching.

He was a jab at the self-content losers who never achieve nothing in life and think it's ok "because they're happy" or some other dumb shit they try to justify them being failures with.

Didn't you notice that the rich and successful other Lebowski was even more pathetic than him?

Bullfuckingshit. You're just a dumb shit who never tried because you know deep down you're a dumb shit and you would fail which would make you confront the reality that you're a dumb shit instead of keep on living in you pathetic little fantasy.

He was pathetic in a different way. They're both on different parts of the pathetic spectrum.

But you accuse The Dude of being pathetic for not being successful; yet rich Lebowski is successful, and still pathetic.

So clearly, if The Dude is pathetic, it is not for the reason you state, viz. that he is a "loser" (not rich or successful).

That's a black Russian, you turd

It's possible dude, I had a few very smart friends but they all were lazy as fuck and are working low payed jobs now.
My other more average friends all finished University and have high paying jobs.

And you have nothing.

Why was he so lazy?

i like it

I could solve the cure to cancer if I felt like it. I just don't feel like it.

I don't understand how people do things without thinking through why

I failed school due to just stopping going and couldn't understand why others took it so seriously like a life or death matter

i then did a uni entrance exam and scored in the top 3%, started going to uni but couldn't motivate myself to do any of the work and just dropped out

my father was a vehement wagecuck drone and treated saving money and investments like the elixir of life now he's getting older and seemingly starting to realize just how futile that was

H-how did you know?

Because of you being a dumb shit and because you talk about other people's lives and accomplishments to fit your narrative instead of talking about your own accomplishments which you would mention...If you had any.

What isn't a failure? Selling yourself to a fucking jew 8 hours a day?

Hey.

I think that people like you, who think they're the only intelligent people in the world, so high and mighty above the ignorant normie wagecucks, are literally the worst kind of people and the cause o f most of the world's problems.

Neck yourself.

what are you doing now? are you a NEET?

>I don't understand how people do things without thinking through why

For example, why do you feel as if you know what's in other people's heads? Pretty presumptuous.

And from this delusional presumption comes this whole fantasy about how smart you are.

You divided the world into "me" and "them". But there is no "them".

it's a millenial who thinks is smart but doesn't really care, yet posts about it on a taiwaneese pogs collectionist website.

I'm a neet and my dream is to go live self sufficiently in a cabin

this world wants nothing to do with people like me so I might as well vacate myself

Read Ecclesiastes, one of the "Wisdom" books of the Bible. It's a great read, and it goes over this dilemma.

sacred-texts.com/bib/kjv/ecc001.htm

17 Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

18 Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me.

19 And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity.

20 Therefore I went about to cause my heart to despair of all the labour which I took under the sun.

21 For there is a man whose labour is in wisdom, and in knowledge, and in equity; yet to a man that hath not laboured therein shall he leave it for his portion. This also is vanity and a great evil.

22 For what hath man of all his labour, and of the vexation of his heart, wherein he hath laboured under the sun?

23 For all his days are sorrows, and his travail grief; yea, his heart taketh not rest in the night. This is also vanity.

24 There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.

25 For who can eat, or who else can hasten hereunto, more than I?

26 For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Most people like this don't look down on the rest of humanity with contempt, unless they are also teenagers. They just get defensive when they're told that they're worthless for not caring enough about money or whatever.

You do know I'm not the guy with the feels pics?
Don't know why you are being so hostile.

When you get to a certain age and realize you're not attractive, have basically no professional resume, and no realistic way of achieving either, you learn to put in as little effort to life as possible; as it's the only benefit of having little value to society.

I don't believe I'm extremely smart. perhaps somewhat above average but I think it's more of a natural disposition/ personality thing than anything intelligence based. I know lots of people smarter than me who are incredibly driven. I just cannot make myself do anything without analyzing everything.
Life seems to be 95% just mindless movement. and being of this disposition makes life impossible when the majority of people will judge you based on what you're "doing". I'm not saying people should not judge other humans at all but what someone's "doing" is perhaps the most uninteresting part of someone's character
It should be "Why are you doing this?" "What does this mean". something that irons out the incessant bullshit

This

I really don't care who you are. I'm just calling out this "intelligent but lazy" bullshit for what it is. An excuse for pathetic people to wallow in their own delusion.

grey goose is a meme

I bet you also have a wicked a sense of humor

The Dude was really ahead of his time. He knew the score. There is wisdom in The Dude's way of life, man.

Because it's aesthetically pleasing
>Captcha: window blinds

>t. dumb wagecuck