IT'S A "character thinks he's going to die because he overheard the Doctor in the other room talking about something...

>IT'S A "character thinks he's going to die because he overheard the Doctor in the other room talking about something else" EPISODE

Camp lazlo did that, kind of right?

This continues to be the best example of that.

With the cheese wheel episode, yes.

It's guy loses memory by being bonked on the head and regains it by getting bonked on the head against episode

GET OUTTA TOWN

>mfw that ep

Same with Whatzit-Tooya, fuck that's lazy writing

>you've saved my life and now I have to repay my debt by being your sevant!

Hailed as a god!

T I M E T R A V E L
WOAH, IT'S MY OLD SELF, AND BY MY OLD SELF, I MEAN MY YOUNG SELF
OOPS MESSED UP THE PAST
Cool, everything's back to normal, no need to shout anymore.
OR IS IT??

Time travel episode plots have like 3 or 4 main directions, which is shit because it's tIME TRAVLE

Can also be used with overhearing the boss talking and thinking you or a friend will be fired.

and an episode where Lumpus mishears the nurse when he's talking to Lazlo about his weight (though in this situation, Lumpus didn't think he was going to die, he just though the was in a really unhealthy condition as an adult moose who needed to weight a lot more).

>the entire conflict revolves around a misheard conversation that could have been resolved in 5 minutes if people would just talk to each other

>"What do you mean you've got a bun in the over!? you know I'm gluten free

Has there ever been a time travel plot where someone forgets something and asks their young self what the answer is?

Isn't this a flash cartoon? I didn't think they needed Koreans to help them make those.

it's fanart

Yeah I hate romantic comedies too.

>It's a Vietnam episode
>Intro song is replace with "It Ain't Me"

Shit, I think even Seinfeld poked fun at that. In the 90s.

>servant goes too far in being a brown nosing asshole so now the other character has to set up a situation where brown nose saves his life so they'll be even only for brown nose to demand other character's servitude in return

>character lucks into a bunch of money.
>they become a huge asshole.
>lose all the money by the end of the episode.

i think steven universe is the only show that did not do this,

Did the Flintstones start this or at least popularise it as a plot for lazy cartoon writers?

My favourite absurd time travel joke is in Bill and Ted when they need to open a locked file cabinet, so they decide they'll steal the key later and put it right where they are now and what do you know, the key is right there! Awesome!

This makes no sense. If someone was doing what I said but they were dragging their heels because they hated it, I'd let them go.

But it'd be great if they were into it and were actually trying to please me. Mutual win.

Clocked out of Spongebob around this time.

I think they were trying to lampshade these twists like "Isn't it funny how stupid this misunderstanding was?"

No, it's an incredibly lazy contrivance pretending to be purposely unlikely for comic effect.

>character does something embarassing
>goes back in time to stop it from happening
>when they go back to the present suddenly squids have taken over the planet
>they have to relive the embarassing moment to return everything to normal

the worst part is when the fuck does this even happen in real life? where's the [character saves a life, so they end up on the news and the guy saved reapears in the thanksgiving episode] episode?
episode?

>Writers use a cliched plot.
>They put their own spin on it or make fun of it.

>the hero and villain are friends when off the clock

>Show has an episode dedicated to parodying itself

Isn't it "Fortunate Son"?

>character has a zit/boil/infection and refuses to do something about it and it gets more and more disgusting

>Character squeezes said orifice
>This ordeal lasts for more than five seconds worth of animation.

Just because TTG did it, doesn't make it a trope.

>Show has two well developed, fleshed out Villains acting as antagonists towards the heroes.
>Near the end of the Series, they fight and the fate of the World depends on the outcome of the battle.

Has this ever happened on a Sup Forums show?