LOK was OK

>In which Episode did you realized The Legend Of Korra wouldn't be a Masterpiece like Avatar: The Last Airbender?
Personally i think the First Season was actually good. Season 2 didn't started bad either except for the Animation. But I think it went Downhill the exact moment Asami kissed Mako for no damn reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2040304#search=Jinora
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last episode of season 1, at the very latest.

Mind you I didn't HATE the murder-suicide but killing off such a great character so early for no real reason was a clear sign.

At least Zahir was based.

I-is that a crop?

>Spend a whole season building up this influential, powerful, and intimidating villain that not only threatens Korra physically but also the entire bending way of life and her moral compass.
>Loses because lol face paint and water bending
>Korra gets all her bending back at the end because she was crying about it

I understand this was partially due to not knowing if they where going to get a second season or not, but this one villain a season trend started here and the whole show was worse for it.

What should have been

>At least Zahir was based
His goal was retarded and his power of flying was even more retarded.
Yeah
I agree he shouldn't have died so early but his story was over

>His goal was retarded
Nomadist Anarchism is neat, I liked how he utilized Daoist/Buddhist that'd been running through the entire franchise and took them to a different, logical conclusion
>and his power of flying was even more retarded.
Disagree but okay

I'm just watching it now, finished the first season. It's enjoyable enough but who am i supposed to be caring about in this show?
>special snowflake mary sue avatar whore
>mary sue's boyfriend, Chad McThundercock
>Chad's little brother

All the main characters are pieces of shit

I think it happened very early for me, I thought the first 3 episodes of the first season were fucking amazing but then right in episode 4 something just felt off and it never recovered. Don't know what, maybe the way they completely abandoned the Triad guys which had seemed to have been built up a lot in previews and stuff.

I honestly liked Season 1, 2 and 3. But i think the stupid ending of Season 3 with all that drama was a sign the worst was yet to come. and i was right. Season 4 was a mess and by far the worst Korra season.

>special snowflake mary sue avatar whore
Is she really? She is the Avatar and was shown to be pretty competent since she was a kid. Besides she gets her ass kicked a lot of time too
>mary sue's boyfriend, Chad McThundercock
Mako is a normal responsible teenager. Nver saw the hate for him. I can understand why Tumblr would hate him but Sup Forums??
>Chad's little brother
Bolin was by far the best character in LOK. But only in Season 1 and 2. Then his jokes get annoying

I agree episode 4 was boring but at least we got pic related

Some point very early in season 2.

Dude Mako wasn't that bad.

Mako only got bad Mid Season 2 because of Asami

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag

tl;dr they're utter garbage.

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2040304#search=Jinora

Does nobody here know how Nick fucked with Korra?

The creators were given one season. After it was a success, they were told they could have another. But it NEVER looked to them like Nick wanted them to continue. They NEVER felt like they were going to get another season, so they HAD to tie up whatever stories they had as fast as possible. It makes every plotline rushed, but I do love what Korra added to the lore of Avatar.

While I get that it's still perfectly possible to give closed stories satisfying conclusions but LoK was never really able to manage that.

The blood bender reveal in season one. It completely fucked the previous 'only possible on a full moon' bit and made Amon a lot less interesting.

>but I do love what Korra added to the lore of Avatar
What did it add that was of any value?

If you say the Wan episode, you can fuck the fuck off.

Mako was just a generally unlikeable whiny teenager who for some reason attracted all the girls no matter how shittily he acted and could bend lightning like it was just a thing any random orphan could do now.

One villain a season quite frankly sucks.

Pick either Amon or the Black Lotus and get more seasons on them.

>could bend lightning like it was just a thing any random orphan could do now.
Every Firebender could not only him

what episode did the love triangle shit happen?

It almost seemed saved after Tarlokk and Korra had that fight and Korra was kidnapped but that was basically the last good part until like season 3, well Verrick was good and the flashbacks were cool but otherwise we won't discuss the abomination that was season two

>If you say the Wan episode, you can fuck the fuck off.
THIS. The Wan episodes were beautiful but they killed Avatar for me

how?

>what episode did the love triangle shit happen?
9 or 8

It's like the writers just went all out trying to cheapen and corrupt the Avatar setting with Korra.

nah nah, I meant the stuff with Bolin

that happened earlier I think, although how shitty was it that we had two fucking stupid love triangles in one season

Pro Bending is a bore so Korra lost me the moment that became important

It stomped all over Avatar

they literally had factory jobs that were lightening bends only wtf was that shit

its a fucking master level technique not something you can have people do on an industrial scale

Mako in season one was probably the most dull character in Avatar as a whole. Well I guess Asama exists too but still, he was pretty bad there.

He did get more interesting as time went on but lets not pretend he was worth anything early on.

I think it was a smart way to showed how the Avatar world envolved

>the moment that became important
for like 3 episodes

your still not actually saying what your problem with it was

all you have said is that it ruined Avatar for you but you have stated no reasons why that was the case

personally I found the good evil dualism stupid, I think they wanted to do it as a yin yang sort of thing but they really couldn't pull it off and it just came off as good evil dualism instead

3 episodes is 3 episodes too much.

that's because after season one they realized Mako needed more of a character than just Korra's love interest

>You know what we said about the origin of bending earlier? Fuck that. Lion turtles!
>Remember how bending was completely inefficient against spirits just a few episodes ago? Disregard that, bending exists to protect against spirits.
>Also, spirits are digimon now.
>Except the sentient magic tapeworm inside the avatar. That is the embodiment of good. Don't ask why it only spoke to the first avatar.
>Forget the whole "balance" thing, by the way. This is now about how one side is good and the other is evil. You know, Yin and Yang. That's what Yin and Yang are about, right?

As soon as I heard that it would be a miniseries I knew it wouldn't be as good as Avatar. The planets seriously aligned for the first series. I don't dislike Korra like the majority of Sup Forums does though.

Legend of Korra had its first big drop in quality when Tarlock explained his backstory and Amon was revealed as a bloodbender. Actually, I rewatched the first season recently. Korra is a worst show when you rewatch it. Before I defended Korra as a flawed show but decent. Now I'm thinking its a fairly mediocre show with a nest of problems.

god bless incog

i wish korra threads weren't just like thundercats threads. i just want to discuss the good parts, which were good, and ignore the obvious tired horse-beaten bad parts

Amen to that. But it will never happen.

>dislike Korra like the majority of Sup Forums does though.

I mean, it could also be the same autistic retard samefagging all the time

stop shilling

The only good parts of Korra belong in /aco/.

Well if they didn't know if they would have more time to do stuff maybe they shouldn't have wasted time in the first season with shitty romance subplots that makes you dislike all the characters involved.

Oh yeah and not have a life-changing event that should throw Korra's entire worldview into question be negated in the last 2 minutes of a season wrap-up.

>Korra
>Mary Sue

Hardly. They almost go out of their way to portray her as deeply flawed and virtually useless. Her only real talent is fighting and the plot practically bends over backwards to avoid giving her victories. It takes four fucking seasons before she finishes her character arc and gains a modicum of wisdom.

Now if you were talking about Opal or Suyin, then you could make an argument.

God, I just re-watched Season 1 cause I was bored.
Holy shit did they flush this show's potential down the fucking drain.
Season 1 was so fucking good until the end and had so much wasted potential.

It could have been great and be even better than ATLA, and now it will only ever be remembered by future generations for it's, "lol, Lezbins" ending.

Honestly makes me sad.

There were literally six people in LoK shown lightning bending. Four of them are factory workers that show up in one scene. The other two are Mako and Lightning Bolt Zolt, the guy who taught Mako how to bend lightning.

It's one of those things that people blow out of proportion about LoK.

>You know what we said about the origin of bending earlier? Fuck that. Lion turtles!
I didn't think lion turtles were good either, but taking the folklore origin of bending literally is pretty dumb as well. If it was true, any nonbender could have become a waterbender by looking up at night.

Season 2 when they introduced Wan. He was made for the sole purpose of being killed so you would feel sad. The past avatars being killed was stupid on top of it