Gay Characters

Has there been any other show that didn't go full tumblr with the depiction of it's gay characters? I think TLH did a good job.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhPLHBAO1Kg
weirdworm.com/5-supposedly-gay-children-television-characters-and-why-they-are-probably-straight/
braceface.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_"Dion"_Jones
dailycaller.com/2016/05/03/gay-lobby-demands-more-gay-movie-characters-even-though-they-are-already-overrepresented-by-460/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>its
The possessive word isn't a contraction, dude.

Not really Sup Forums, but Nico from Percy Jackson was decently handled.

Maybe Clarence? I don't watch it, but I know one one of Clarence's friends has two moms. From what I've heard of them, they're okay if a little stereotypical in that one is butch while the other is a hippie.

Arthur

The only reason TLH worked is because the gays were usually standing right next to Clyde, everyone looks like a good character when you can compare them to fucking Clyde.

I've yet to meet an older lesbian couple that didn't fit that description, desu.

Really? Who?

Its not a cartoon, but it airs on Animation Domination. Lewis is an Asian guy who just happens to be gay and finds Tandy annoying.

This was the '90s so full tumblr was still confined to fringe loonies and college professors who had no means to be as loud and obnoxious as tumblr can be.

>Mr.Simmons
I really need to actually watch Hey Arnold from start to finish, all of it, I completely forget about him.

youtube.com/watch?v=jhPLHBAO1Kg

weirdworm.com/5-supposedly-gay-children-television-characters-and-why-they-are-probably-straight/

The rumor that Buster Baxter was gay started because Buster visited a lesbian couple in Vermont who made maple syrup, and said "that's a lot of moms."

>We finally get gay characters that aren't Tumblerinas or complete psychopaths like Pearl the worst gem
>They're in a show that I don't particularly care for
Life is suffering.

I remember seeing that episode with my cousins.

So it's just Buster's VA hanging out with little kids?

Most of them.

And lesbians in that episode.
It was a weird show.
I imagine It was even weirder for the kids.

Mark "Dion" Jones, is a gay fashion designer on Braceface, naming himself after Celine Dion.

He's not a Tumblr type, he's just effeminate and gay. He became a mentor and "gay best friend" to Sharon.

braceface.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_"Dion"_Jones

Being a little fopish is fine.
Only Dumblrs get offended by simple stereotypes.
>OMG STOP BEING THE WAY YOU ARE SO YOU DON'T OFFEND PEOPLE!!!

>this fucker hunched over and snooping around your house
>"wow, that's a lot of moms"

That would make an amazing horror movie.

Hard mode: Gay male couples

Lesbians are everywhere because more trendy, no one cares about gay guys

Lol

>We finally get gay characters that aren't Tumblerinas or complete psychopaths like Pearl the worst gem

Mission Hill.

YA CHEAP GAY BASTARD THESE THINGS ARE GONNA FLY RIGHT OFF

Does this count?

Still haven't watched Mission that much.
I really need to.

I'm pretty sure he meant in the realm of animation that isn't yaoi.

lol. I forgot about that.

No. Just no. You sickfuck.

no

If you're going to post SU, at least post Ruby and Sapphire

>Ruby and Sapphire
>Not tumblr tier

Oh, you mean the lesbian characters with no personality outside of being lesbians? Try again.

Did you read the spoilers?
Because not reading the spoilers is the only justification for what you just said.

As opposed to Pearl's "bloo bloo why won't she love" "I hate Greg for no reason besides jealousy" "Steven was a mistake" schtick?

I guess you can sorta count Perodot and Lapis if you squint.

Pearl is worst gem? True as it may be, doesn't really negate anything.

Scarily accurate.

I never really liked Pearl that much. Which isn't to say I disliked her, she just wasn't all that likable at the beginning. She got a little more interesting when the show started exploring her connection to Rose, but I never really cared that much about that.

And then "Three Gems and a Baby" happened, and I finally realized how fucked Pearl actually is.

Yeah, it took me that long to notice. In my defense, I missed a lot of episodes from the earlier seasons, and I never cared enough about Steven Universe to catch up on them.

>no Clone High mention

Never seen it

Wait was he gay?

Also he was extremely unlikeable the Riordan realized this and made everyone fucking hate him.

>Why did you post a Pearl pic?
Because I was making fun of her
>Why didn't you post R&S pic instead?
Because It wouldn't have been relevant to my Pearl slandering.

I'm not sure what your end game was here user.

Mission Hill

I feel like Pearl is progress. So many people reduce gay characters to shallow and positive background scenery out of fear of offending someone. But Pearl, she's just a fucking mess, driven to madness by her lust for Thick Pink.

It was a cute twist and the fact that soccermoms got upset by it made it even cuter.

Pearl is a very dark character when you consider she was basically 3D printed specifically to serve Rose. Her obsession is a design feature, and she was never built to function on her own or develop connections with people other than her owner..

>gay character introduced
>not eradicated
What did they mean by this?

All Ruby and Sapphire do is be sickeningly sweet. Hell, if you didn't know all gems were chicks, you'd easily think Ruby was a guy.

Christianity is an old meme.

Mission Hill had the best gay couple in any cartoon, prove me wrong.

Just wait to see true homokino when a Midnighter series comes.

Howard agrees

How does Clyde manage to survive? He has an aneurysm every episode he's in. All that blood loss can't be good.

Adult Doug Funny.

That was a revelation in the second series with the Romans. Turns out he was in love with Percy.

But wasn't Scudworth jealous of Stamos because he got so much pussy?

Ren & Stimpy did it pretty well.

>Stimpy has an unrequited love for Ren
>Ren is a serial abuser who sees Stimpy as a friend with benefits

You know what
NO
She is not a lesbian because she is not a girl!
It's a gem they just take a female form.
They don't have a gender therefor they are not gay or straight in any sense.
Don't push this agenda
>Hurr durr she has a girly voice there for lesbian
shit

I think he was actually talking about how JFK had two gay dads

Also why has no one mentioned Mission Hill?

well you see, if it's a show i like then the gay characters are fine. but if it's a show i don't like then it's forced tumblr shit.

she isn't even gay if we did count her as a girl since she is clearly into Greg now

inb4 that tumblr argument about shipping and lesbian vs bi erasure

>feminine voice
>feminine body
>feminine clothes
>feminine pronouns
>in a show praised for its strong portrayal of women
yeah no, she's a gal. if we're going by definitions here then yes, she definitely has a gender, as much as i hate the term. it would be more accurate to refer to them as sexless than genderless, especially since sex actually fucking exists.

Clacncre did it

I wonder if Laika will make a gay MC one day. If any studio has the balls to put a gay MC in their animated film for kids, it's Laika.

And I think they could handle it well.

Based Laika is my only hope for theatrical animation nowadays.

BOYZU

RABU

Any depiction of same-sex or interracial relationships in fiction is pandering to tumblr SJWs

This is Trump's America. All our stories are about are straight white people like God intended.

They are aliens. Cut them some slack. You can't expect them to be good at anything.

So what makes certain depictions of homosexuals "tumblr"? Or are we going full buzzword... again.

Acting like being teh gay is very, very interesting. Bonus points if normal people are evil.

Didn't Static have a gay friend? I don't recall if he was a stereotype or not

John K. in general is a closet homo tho

Bucky and Pronk from Zootopia were confirmed as a gay couple and they're portrayed in a negative light.

>they first introduced Bug's dads
>immediately think someone from the show was lurking the Wrestledads thread we had ages ago

It was eerily similar.

>when people get so worked up over gay background characters
It's kind of sad.

Who's getting worked up?

I just meant in general. Like with Finding Dory or Gobber in How to Train Your Dragon, and you see all these articles about them.

I don't see any articles about this and this is from a week ago.

And it is kind of "news" worthy because of how rare characters like this are and how most of the time the information doesn't leave the studio for various reasons. Gay characters are kind of rare so if a site is going to report on, I don't know, fun facts about a movie, sure throw in the subtle hints that a character is gay.
Besides, I didn't know that Gobber was gay until clickbait told me.

Any time someone brings them up I just think of the episode where the big one gets a knife stuck in his head and won't get it removed so the small one glues a birdcage and some other crazy shit on it to make him remove it. That and how they met on the set of Plan 9 from outer space.

Man Mission Hill was a fun show.

It turned out the Finding Dory couple was deemed "up to interpretation".

ITT: POZ LOADS

>looking for shows that didn't go full tumblr
>still triggers someone

What does 'going full tumblr even mean'?
Sidecuts?

So... Who do you thinks pitching or catching?

of course that white guy is taking the BBC every night

I didn't even know he was gay until the episode where Kim cures him

SU started out a lot lighter and the homosexual messages would have probably remained more subtle and insightful if the staff didn't decide to start catering to tumblr instead. It all went to shit after Jaspis. Although they are shitty characters on their own too.

Everyone hates you.

If he's cured, then how is he homosexual?

Check mate, gaytheists.

She might have been WD or PD's Pearl and chose to follow Rose after she shattered PD. It would make more sense considering free will is a major theme in the show.

>Gay characters
>Rare

dailycaller.com/2016/05/03/gay-lobby-demands-more-gay-movie-characters-even-though-they-are-already-overrepresented-by-460/

>movies should reflect real life
cool story bro

>Let's make everything gay because feelings
Cool story bro

>Everyone Should suck Dick in a movie.

no just men you fucking idiot

If you want to see heteros go out on the street, don't need to watch a movie for that