The fucking state of Marvel comics right now

>the fucking state of Marvel comics right now

They still have more things I'm intrested in reading about going on at the moment

Seinfeld is a devout DC fan. No surprise there.

I feel ya, man. At least Spider-Man/Deadpool and Renew Your Vows are still going strong. Moonknight and Uncanny Avengers are pretty good too. How long till the Infinity Gems are renamed Infinity Stones?

Is it true their sales are tanking?

Yep, they're starting to give a shit ton of books away for free to inflate the number though. Even though it doesn't equate to profit at all, but whatever.

Think about who you are asking, and on what kind of thread you are asking it.

>If I pretend it's not happening it wont happen.

It's not something we made up, the information is public.

They haven't been good since missing out on the British Invasion desu

I'm still mad about Avengers Arena.

>implying marvel has ever been good as a whole
They've had a few good runs here and there but let's get real here

How are DC's numbers? Going down too?
It's a trend in the business model as a whole.
The marketplace has changed.
And here's this shit thread trying to shove some sort of bullshit message about Marvel's subject matter that the OP has a problem with and using selective facts to pretend there's a valid point.
The truth is that the industry is no longer entirely focused on the one media form that is being measured here, the entire argument is just trolling.

>How are DC's numbers? Going down too?

No.

>How are DC's numbers? Going down too?

How out of touch are you?

Yep. Marvel is pretty much finished. Rebirth destroyed them.

DC is selling at all time highs and are completely dominating the industry. Marvel just can't keep up and are hemorrhaging readers. At the rate they're going, they'll be out of business by the next relaunch.

Ms Marvel 14 is Kamala stumping for Hillary Clinton analog.

Marvel charged 3.99 for that.

>Ms Marvel 14 is Kamala stumping for Hillary Clinton analog.
No? It was for the Jill Stein analog.

Jill Stein isn't real

she's a boogeyman made up by current year man to scare democrats into voting

Well then, seems like this thread is completely pointless then.
It's not as if you are trying to discourage the Marvel readership...

>Pander entirely to a demographic that doesn't even read comics, let alone by them while at the same time alienating your very niche audience
>Surprised when your sales are absolute shit
I just wonder how long it's gonna take for them to realize where they're going wrong.

It turns out Ike Pearlmutter's tyreanical and oppressive governing style and the insular "boys club" of senior writers stretching themselves across so many books isn't a good way to sell comics.

Who knew insularity, stagnating ideas, and a pervasive aura of anger and abuse could be so bad at inspiring actual creativity.

>Gwen Stacy's alive
>Wolverine's dead
>AIM works for America
>Cap works for Hydra
>The X-men aren't a stand in for an oppressed minority, they're a stand in for Nazis...somehow that I still don't understand but apparently in universe characters do
>Galactus is the lifebringer
I don't even read comics and I'm mad.

>Ms Marvel 14 is Kamala stumping for Hillary Clinton analog.
One of the panels had them go "So we vote for an established person everyone hates or we vote for HYDRA" which is CLEARLY a reference to Hillary and Trump being undesirable choices. Kamala pushed for a third option who honestly is probably Bernie Sanders.

Where will the next influx of weird innovators come from?

France.

Italy.

Uruguay.

The clean up they do to "fix" all the issues is going to be so much worse. You think it's bad now... just wait till this time next year. It's going to be sooooooo fucking awful.

they're still doing better than last year, so no

This is all kinds of wrong, but I just don't care anymore.

Japan, doesn't get much weirder than manga.

Marvel should probably invest in an up and coming manga writer, give him a 10 issue mini with no in universe character useage restrictions and see how it goes.

>X-men
>NE

I think its on purpose.

Well they removed Mar-Vell from Carols origin in her movie, guaranteed that movie will be shit if they come up with an original origin.

Who knows. Maybe France or Belgium. Maybe Canada. Maybe some mangaka try their hands at western comics. I would welcome all of them.

Clone
Yes
It's great
Also good
Just Cyclops for some reason
It's good.

Half your list honestly is positive.

he said weird not sluts

That way it doesn't have to be a MANtle, it can be a WOmantle.

Not even meming, West Africa has a ton of cool shit happening rn

>Japan, doesn't get much weirder than manga.
Are you trying to piss off the volcano?

What's some cool West African stuff going on? Any of it in English?

Just like the US they also have the big 2
Ebola and HIV

>DC is selling at all time highs
>all time
kek

They know what they're doing wrong. They have a whole litany of corporate structure employees telling them constantly about dropping sales, and dropping readership, and unhappy retailers. This isn't something that is going to smack them in the face one day by complete surprise, they just don't need to give a fuck at this point.

They also know that doing what is viewed as "right" is inconsequential. They can sell 3 floppies the entire year and it will still be fine, and the rationale is painfully obvious. This doesn't speak volumes for how fucked print media is, it speaks volumes to how incredibly irrelevant the opinions and thoughts of the old readership actually is. Sales mean nothing, and you're a fool if you think that this trivial sales figure bullshit will change anything.

>The X-men aren't a stand in for an oppressed minority, they're a stand in for Nazis
Yeah, except it's only Cyclops which is ridiculous because well, the Inhumans are more akin to the Nazis, what with the gassing to death and sterilization.

>Clone
Not even

GAS THE MUTIES
RACE WAR NOW

Cyclops was the X-Men.

well that's clearly fucked up.

you have inhumans and x-men switched

Shield is LN
Avengers LG
GoG NG

>for some reason

only cyclops

>cyclops was the x-men

you're not making it harder for me to feel bad about cyclops being out of the picture

Cyclops wasn't actually Hitler.
He was besmirched.

>Clone
We already did the Gwen clone story arc. Literally twice. Three times if you count Ultimate.

There won't be a new influx because the current crop of up and coming writers think they're innovative for having a gay or non-white character and end any attempts at creativity there

Damned right! Cyclops wasn't some syphilitic pedophile with a morphine problem who murdered everyone with a bigger cock than him.
Cyclops actually helped people, Cyclops never abandoned his friends and family even when they turned on him, Cyclops never stopped fighting to protect everyone.
Even after his death Cyclops was saving the lives of people who hated him.

Have you actually seen Marvel's attempts at financing manga and anime based on their properties? 99% of it sucked massive amounts of ass.

What about Galacta and that Spider-Man TV show?

That was Marvel mangaverse, shitty western made manga from the 90's. I'm talking about a real manga guy out of Japan, just one to see what would happen.

Honestly, Wolverine being dead, Cap Hydra and Galactus the Lifebringer are all great.

The Spider-Man TV show honestly wasn't that good outside of meme material, mostly because they had to rely on stock footage for all the giant monster fights after the robot suit got stolen. Also that was in the fucking 70's. None of Marvel's modern anime (Iron Man, X-Men, Wolverine) were any good.

Also Galacta is only good as cutesy fanfiction.

Most of Marvel's book are garbage, but there are always good books by any publisher as you just need writers and artists who care about the material.
Sure, DC is killing it right now but there's still quite a few books worth checking out on the Marvel side of things.

> there's still quite a few books worth checking out on the Marvel side of things.
Such as?

Deadpool is ok

The Ultimates

>Ultimates
>Power Man and Iron Fist
>New Avengers / U.S.Avengers
>Cage!
>Hydra Cap

Ghost Rider had a shaky first issue, but I have faith in Smith based on the first run he did with Robbie.
I've also heard good things about Totally Awesome Hulk, Deadpool, Renew Your Vows and Black Panther, but haven't checked them out personally.

Moon Knight

Jessica Jones

All time high for DC.

no they arent though

Alright, Sup Forums. For the last few years Marvel has been absolute shit and I've pretty much read pure DC. I wanna get back into Marvel, but everything seems so shit and I tried reading the new ASM, but that was liquid garbage. Is there anything worth reading?
>Spidey/DP
>New Avengers
>Vision
Is there anything else?

>Neutral Evil
>X-Men
Yup, that's accurate. Fuck you, Marvel.

>Marvelcuck being this buttmad

when's she's not OOC on Champions or trying to get Jill Stein elected, Ms. Marvel is pretty good

>Venom isn't Flash Thompson or Eddie Brock but is instead some new edgy fuck

What's the creative team of Cable? Or did they not announce it?

Comedy is their staple now

They really aren't, company wars or not. There was a time where cape comics sold a LOT more than they sell today. That time is looooooong gone.

good thread

Add to those, that Thor has bitch tits and no dick.
Carol Danvers is somehow supposed to be the most popular, most powerful superhero.
Hawkeye killed Bruce Banner and doesn't get so much a slap on the wrist for it.
Superheroes don't have anything better to do than to fight other superheroes, all the fucking time.
Cyclops died for nothing.
A black teenage girl is the smartest person on the planet, smarter even than the likes of Dr. Doom.
Inhumans! Inhumans everywhere!

Marvel movies took inspiration from the good comics. Marvel comics are getting inspiration from the mediocre movies. Those comics will inspire worse movies that will inspire even worse comics.
>Civil War II
come on

>Marvel movies took inspiration from the good comics. Marvel comics are getting inspiration from the mediocre movies.
Hey, Minority Report was better as a movie than Civil War was ever as a comic

That's funny, because even with the Rebirth boost they sell lower than Marvel

lol
no they don't

The newest issue of Civil War 2 infuriated me. Bemis obviously never finished Minority Report, because Danvers is more obviously awful than Iron Man in Civil War.

They had better sales this October

user, there's a reason October sales figures haven't been spammed on this board like every other month's.

Only because of the dirty tricks they employed to boost the Champions sales. Expect a very sharp dive though, after that.
The only other comic that actually did good, was Dr. Strange.
Those two comics, Champions and Dr. Strange did the best but still didn't get #1. That was Big Trouble in Little China.
The rest of the Top 10, was 4 DC titles, 4 Marvel titles (and one of them being Darth Vader, not an actual Marvel character) and the Walking Dead.
Other #1 issues like Clone Conspiracy and Death of X didn't even make the top 10, and other #1 issues like Infamous Iron Man and Jessica Jones didn't make the top 20.
The rest of the Marvel titles did as bad as ever. Very, very mediocre sales. The Top 50 had far less Marvel titles than DC titles just like every previous month since last summer. A problem that DC does not seem to share.
So Marvel seems to be doing well, thanks to continuation of the CW2 which for some unfathomable reason keeps selling, selling Champions through scholastics and Dr. Strange thanks to the movie.
I wouldn't be so optimistic about these if I were you.

Dude, no matter how much you turn it around, Marvel will still be on top in a few months.

Marvel had the loot crate boost, DC had the Rebirth boost.

I'm not optimistic about sales, because I don't really care. But you guys care so much you're in denial.
I don't give a shit how, Marvel is on top. That's a fact.

>things are different
Wow what the fuck are they thinking

No, Marvel drones are in denial.
Their comics don't sell, so they rely free giveaways, alternative covers, event after event after event, loot crates, scholastics and everything trick they can conjure to boost their sales.
DC doesn't do that. You know what, I'm not even a DC fag, I haven't read a single DC as a matter of fact but I've got to give credits where they due, DC doesn't do that. DC merely makes and sells comics straightforward.
And overall, more titles of DC sell much more better than those of Marvel.
Thanks to those tricks that Marvel employs, some titles like Champions did this month, will find themselves over-performing and then dropping like lead.
But generally Marvel comics sales are very mediocre. Why the biggest bulk of Marvel's titles doesn't even Top 100 anymore.

But their dollar share is still higher doofus.

Your anecdotal stories mean nothing when they don't reflect to the bigger picture.

It still flies over your head that DC sales are also on boost, so what is the point that you are trying to make here?

Yes, DC is doing great, and that's good, but they're still behind Marvel, so saying that they're on all time high or that Marvel is dying is complete denial.

>saying that
>on the back of a DC relaunch and double shipping
m8

"I don't read DC I just show up to troll on Marvel"
Lies and you'd be a cretin if it WAS true.

>DC doesn't do that

>reboot
Check.

>whoring out the watchmen
Check.

>loot crate boosts for batman family the past 3 years
Check.

>Variants shit, like Selfie variants to pander to tumblr
Check.

I don't know about that Johnson

It would be similar to Green Lantern. That's why the changed it.

DC did it first but they ignore it for some reason. Green Lanterns. Ken Kong. Midnighter and Apollo. Batwoman. It would not be new and innovative and if they bothered to research this would not have happened

Only this month and only because of selling the Champions through scholastics and Dr. Strange thanks to the movie and the stable CW2 sales.
Otherwise, DC was beating Marvel at it, for many months in a row. And they will continue once Marvel runs out of tricks.

Well, Marvel relaunches too all the time with their ANAD and their NOW and their NOW 2.0's.

True though, I was a marvel fan turned into a marvel hater after too many disappointments. DC is completely alien to me, I don't think I could get into it even if I tried.

Mate are you demented.

DC sales are also on boost, they just rebooted, and do double shipping, and their sales have been like 10% down since the reboot started.

>DC is completely alien to me, I don't think I could get into it even if I tried.
It's funny that you say this, and at the same time you defend DC's practices when compared to Marvel. Either you know about DC or they are "completely alien to you" you don't get to claim both. Lying piece of autistic shit.

Yeah, well, so I don't know, whatever... I don't give a fuck about DC. I don't care how well or bad do they do.
But Marvel does bad and that's a hardcore fact, and if anyone thinks otherwise, they're delusional.

Seriously, give it up.

OK, cool Marvel does bad. But DC does worse.

Their comics are completely alien to me, their sales numbers though are online, and I see more DC titles selling better than most Marvel titles.

Give up what? Saying that Marvel's sales are shit, but that's the truth.