Someone tells character a phone number and they remember it easily without having to write it down or saying it...

>someone tells character a phone number and they remember it easily without having to write it down or saying it repeatedly so they don't forget like I do

>character gives someone their phone nuimber
>its only 4 digits long

>character's number starts with 555

>character breaks the 4th wall and tells the viewer to hug their daddy's dragon dildo

I'm never watching the Wendy Williams show again

why post a retarded pepe? Some Normally functioning adults have that problem too

The ability to remember digits is actually pretty strongly correlated with IQ. You can give a reasonable estimate of a person's intelligence by a simple number memorization test.

Yes what i'd love to see in movies is 15 minutes of someone writing down and repeating a phone number trying to commit it to memory when them having the phone number is only a small plot point.

>cute girl tells her phone number
>it's a fake number

oh, just me then? fml

>guy gives her number to a girl
>she actually calls him

>chatacter tells number instead of just saying "I'll call you now, just save it on your phone"

Then the other person would have to give their number?

are people who can remember the digits just remembering, or are they coming up with tricks/reminders etc. to solidify them?

any examples?

This shit is the biggest immersion breaker ever.
Just have it out of focus. There's literally no reason to have a shot with 555 right in the middle of the screen.

Some autistic dude that wrote a book said he saw number as colours with personalities and when he was remembering large numbers he visualised them as a landscape. Kind of interesting. The dude memorised Pi to some obsene amount as well

I SWEAR TO GOD GIRLS PROBABLY COLLECT PHONE NUMBERS LIKE TRADING CARDS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

make a song out of it then its easy to remember

inb4 some autistic guy claims to be able to memorize any number of arbitrary length when the average even among the highly intelligent is 7 or 8

Imagine being so fucking stupid that you thought this was true. Sheesh.

>what's your number ?
>Klondike 5678
What the fuck? Did old phones have words on it?

I mean, I could see a minor correlation due to how shit IQ tests are. In terms of intelligence, yeah he's a moron.

Literally anyone not braindamaged can do that. Just google mind palace, or better, read Moonwalking with Einstein.

If IQ is basically the ability to solve problems, a 'smarter' person would be able to come up with a way to remember the numbers (singing it as a song or coming up with some other device to remember.)

So he may be right indirectly (in the sense that a lower IQ person may just straight up try to memorize the digits.

But I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday so I'm no authority

>watching an American movie
>character takes his socks off to take a shower
Wtf ? Do Americans really do this?

>"do you wanna go out tonight?"
>"sure"
>"so uh...I'll pick you up around 7 alright?"
>"sounds good"
>no numbers or location info was exchanged

>mind palace
Didn't put it in my post, but I was thinking that said autist would mention this.
Called it.

Are you retarded?

Had another weird experience watching watching American movies the other day
>character has to go to the bathroom
>doesn't invite his family to use the bathroom with him (big red flag)
>bathroom isn't a large room with rows of toilets along the edges of the room for the whole family
>doesn't use the high-pressure hose attachment that you're supposed to shove deep inside your rectum
>anus and digestive tract is obviously unclean as there was no deep cleaning performed, this would have never happened in Europe

Do Americans really do this or is it just Hollywood?

>Watch American kino
>Male character doesn't wake up in the morning and insert his dick into the special wall pump
>doesn't empty his balls before and after work

A bit more of a culture shock than I was expecting. I mean we speak the same language as them but sometimes you'd think we were different species what with our habits and all.

> be me in April 2017
> in car. bopping head rhythmically to music
> in traffic at a red light
> turn to right. cute blonde girl in car on her own is smiling at me
> gesture to her to roll down her window
> she complies
> "lovely day we are having"
> "yes"
> "I hate to be so forward, but we should text each other"
> she raises her eyebrows in a "wow thats fast/blunt, you gotta earn it" way
> light has turned green
> "whats your number? Ill memorise it" I say
> she says it out loud
> I actually have a watch with hidden microphone that I got to record meetings at work (a female boss tried to accuse me of threatening her, need to defend myself).
> was recording her saying her number
> smooth af, cold as ice
> later that day I download the .mp3 off the watch
> cant hear shit, its just road/car engine noises

I don't get this. Why us it so common?

>american movie
>numbers have letters in them ala 188-FUCKME

555 numbers are fake phone numbers reserved for television/film/literature/etc

It's so they can show the audience a phone number and not worry about someone getting flooded with phone calls. Some shows and movies will go the extra mile and actually reserve a real number for their production so it's not so immersion-breaking.

>Funeral
>Everyone is wearing black
>Its raining
>Theres one character standing away from the crowd leaning up against a tree

Hey guys, dont forget my number ;)
867-5309

>188-382563
It's simple memorization

>Characters sits down for food/drink
>They have a dialogue
>Leave without touching the plate

>character uses a homemade dildo
>ends up bleeding from their anus

You can use little tricks to memorize faster, always look for possible operations or series inside the number.
For example if you see the digits 3570 instead of trying to memorize them memorize the fact that it's 35 and then its double, this way you're not required to memorize the 70, just the 35 and an operation associated to it, the moment you recall the operation you'll immediately remember it's 70.
Always try to group numbers in a way that is easy to remember.

i always thought 555 was how american phone numbers start

wat

Eh... hm

Well one could just say "we ought to exchange phone numbers" and cut away

this

really been redpilled today

I'm amused by this, guess I never considered how people outside of the US would interpret it.

i thougth it was how cellphones start

here in my country every cellphone starts with 06-

so I thought 555 was how american cellphones started

i've been thinking this for the past 20 years or so

i'll say it out loud 2 or 3 times, same with names

The only reason I know it to not be true is that Schwarzenegger movie with the kid that got in the movie, he had pointed out that all numbers started with 555
Not to mention how few combinations that leaves

I don't really get it either, but I don't know the context. Is klondike the name of some shitty hotel and they use four digit codes to dial rooms.

A stretch but I dont know

It's an old law passed in the 1950s because of the Cold War. It was illegal for Hollywood to show America's bathroom technology so the soviets couldn't copy it

>tfw can't even memorize my own IQ number

I picture numbers in my head as colors too but that's just because I would draw each number in a different color when I was in first grade

The first letters match up to numbers on the phone
1=abc
2=def
And so forth...so Klondike is KLO which means it's 556 (or something maybe vowels didn't count) anyway it was easier for people back then to remember a word and a few numbers I guess

>guy gives her number to a girl
>guy
>gives
>her

>tfw can never remember last 4 digits of my social and have to say it in my head and start from the beginning

>he doesn't have a masculine penis

Memes aren't real, faggot.

t. neet

just go to a starcucks coffee

>neet
>he doesn't shitpost from work

Anerican phones actually start with a 1 I think. I know on ifag they're formatted as
>+1 (000) 000-0000

The +1 is for long distance numbers and isn't necessary for cell phones.

use a high pass filter