The one show that resembles Star Trek more than present day Star Trek is made by Seth MacFarlane

The one show that resembles Star Trek more than present day Star Trek is made by Seth MacFarlane.

The closet thing we're get to actual Star Trek is likely going to get cancelled after one season because FOX.

Yup

The new Star Trek is good

I just watched the 3 episodes that are out and man this show has heart, much more enjoyable and in the spirit of trek then the dark and edgey Discvoery

its very pretty

>because FOX
Also because it's not very good

Both shows are lame
One should stop trying to have comedy and the other should stop being a chickflick

Characters are unlikable and the scenes were horribly lit. All except daft punk girl. She will always be in my heart as best girl

I don't want either one. I want something completely new. Orville is literally like one of the alt-universe in Star Trek. It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

stop shilling that shit show

Nice sockpuppetry, user. Have you contemplated suicide?

>they copied the uniforms
>THIS IS MORE STAR TREK THAN STAR TREK

stop it

You must be retarded, user, those uniforms aren't anything like Star Track.

Stop shilling you stupid fucking piece of shit, this show sucks

See

Okay you're really so dumb you think there's no way more than one person can think this show sucks? Come on now

That's an old excuse that someone who was caught sockpuppeting would say. Get new tricks. 1/10

>ONLY LOW BUDGET SHOWS CAN BE STAR TREK

Nice shillpost, CBS executive.

Neck yourself, FOX shill. Your show is shit

You seem perturbed that nobody wants to subscribe to your shitty all access service.

It's a terrible show, if you enjoy it then you have a child's mind.

All we can do is keep watching The Orville and enjoy it while it lasts. I agree with you that it feels more like Trek than STD.

Thanks Foxshill.

>show blindly apes Trek without parodying it, succeeding at being a good Trek show, or doing anything interesting whatsoever
This show is so Trek guys! I'm not a shitmunching faggot with no standards at all!

Just because STD sucks, doesn't make this show suck any less.

You're getting pretty desperate, user. You are really furiously grinding those sockpuppets.

> a show with adult humor
> is a children's show
That's not how it works, Anonymous.

>Orville
>adult humour
If by adult you mean "14 year old loser." Then sure.
Sorry Seth, your show is garbage, and nothing like Trek. It's classless and boorish. It lacks any wit or originality. It utterly fails as both a comedy and a drama.
It's the TV equivalent of Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

You seem upset, Anonymous. Perhaps you forget to take your medication today?

I'm starting to think the people shilling this shit show are trying to force a bad meme.

I'm starting to think the person behind this post fails at sockpuppeting.

It's more like the movies than tv shows

Take your meds. It's OK if multiple people think your new favorite show is shit.

you definitely need to take yours

Did you start this thread just to show everyone how retarded you are? Orvillle is shit.

it's less like Trek than the Orville

I applaud your commitment, user.

Keep trying, user, maybe you get it down eventually.

>The closet thing we're get to actual Star Trek is likely going to get cancelled after one season because FOX.
And nothing of value was lost!

You are very perturbed.

36 Posts/23 posters
4 saying they like Orville/bashing STD
11 Obviously OP acting retarded
21 people saying The Orvlille is shit or praising STD

>s-ss-stop samefagging guys
The absolute STATE of Fox shills!

The samefag is strong with this one.

Who cares? This thread is just two people shitposting anyway.

Episodes 3 was boring AF thoigh.

So far the series is 1 for 3 for good episodes. Only Ep.2 was really good.

I actually had to fast forward to the end of Episode 3.

Nice transphobic post.

I thought I hid it pretty well desu.

Why are you so against the gender reassignment of infants?

>sockpuppet deflecting

No, it's not. So far it's boring shit that has nothing to do with Trek. Could've a chance if they never spoke of klingons ever again and had some proper space adventures instead of a war.

But first, let's watch at least one fucking prison episode. Boy, I can't wait!

For all of you haters, please understand that DSC (not STD, you oh-so-clever TROLLS) is the closest thing we've seen to fulfilling Roddenberry's vision for the future, and the greatest cinematic achievement Star Trek has ever produced. First off, the bridge is no longer a boy's club, where women are relegated to being eye candy and answering phones. They are strong, have differing opinions, and are willing to take REAL ACTION. The fact that an Asian woman and a STRONG BLACK WOMAN are in positions of power attests to the progress that humans have made in the future. They aren't anyone's bitch, even each others.

The aliens represent real world political issues, like the alien Saru, who shows that even members of a former slave race can become strong members of society, and move beyond being prey for dominant powers. The Klingons are no longer thinly veiled "others' and represent a real faction of American society that is too afraid of change to move beyond their archaic traditions.

The visuals were gorgeous. The lighting was moody and added a dynamic and tense atmosphere that highlighted the show's central tensions, as well as mirroring the blackness of space. Not like the garish colors and overly bright sets of prior Trek shows like TOS and TNG that looked like they were filmed in an open field with the midday sun shining directly overhead. The experimental angles helped contrast the detailed sets and futuristic tech with the primitive and current tensions between the crew of the USS Shenzhou. And FINALLY, we have sci-fi tech that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE SCI-FI TECH and not some cheesy wooden props that look like repainted furniture someone found at a flea market.

Trek has finally entered the realm of true art, and no amount of racist, reactionary vitriol can change the great accomplishments we've already seen from this show.

The irony of your post is episode felt more trek than anything.

Nice pasta

Because infants cannot consent.

>Star trek is good
It honestly looks like the best Sci-fi TV show in ages the budget seems great and the effects and makeup for the klingons seem really good.

Fuck the canonfags desu this is really good probably will be better than The Expanse. This is someone who isn't an autistic trekkie spaz who gets all worked up about the "tradition".

faggot

Wait, did I miss something? Wasn’t the whole episode anti trans?

>The aliens represent real world political issues,

It was always like that, user.

> The visuals were gorgeous. The lighting was moody and added a dynamic and tense atmosphere that highlighted the show's central tensions, as well as mirroring the blackness of space. Not like the garish colors and overly bright sets of prior Trek shows like TOS and TNG that looked like they were filmed in an open field with the midday sun shining directly overhead. The experimental angles helped contrast the detailed sets and futuristic tech with the primitive and current tensions between the crew of the USS Shenzhou. And FINALLY, we have sci-fi tech that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE SCI-FI TECH and not some cheesy wooden props that look like repainted furniture someone found at a flea market.

Someone is ripe for euthanasia. Informing the FEL immediately.

Discovery fucking sucks.

Orville isn't that great either though.

Your IP has been reported to the Forced Euthanasia Lobby. You do not qualify for the vaccine.

>Wasn’t the whole episode anti trans?
The episode didn't cater to your prejudices, user.

>is the closest thing we've seen to fulfilling Roddenberry's vision for the future
Not even close. Posts like this really make me feel that there really is paid shills out there.
>First off, the bridge is no longer a boy's club, where women are relegated to being eye candy and answering phones.
Wtf are you talking about? Wtf was Voyager? We've had female captains and female characters at the forefront of episodes for a long time. Seven of Nine? Kira Nerys? Tasha Yar? All these women had full episodes with at times saving their entire crew (saving males). Wtf are you even talking about? Do you even watch Star Trek?
>The visuals were gorgeous
I don't have to explain the dutch angles and lens flares, enough posters already have.
>Trek has finally entered the realm of true art, and no amount of racist, reactionary vitriol can change the great accomplishments we've already seen from this show.

You know what, I was going to watch another episode or two, but after reading this post, I realized I'm enabling people like you, so I'm just going to stop watching now.

Why the fuck is she saying number one.
Stay off Picard's line

t. Autistic complaint from a trekkie spaz

Orville just needs time to find its legs. I suspect if lasts to season 2 it will get really good.

Discovery is DOA with 8 mil per episode budget coupled with a stupid pay service.

I am going to begrudgingly watch the fuck outta Discovery. I don't want to like it but I cant help it.

Seriously whoever thought we would ever get a $100 million dollar budget star trek TV SHOW in our lifetimes.

Yeah it not like old Trek. Its the definition of a soft reboot but in cool wirh it because they arent really retconning anything. I did the math and its $21 dollars to watch all 13 episodes and then unsubscribe.

CBS is still retarded with their streaming app though because they dont tell you that you have to use the same email to sign up as you have for your xbone. I had to find out in some random post on Gamefaqs. But the show looks good and I had already cancelled HBO because GoT is over and once STD is over I'll cancel it.

I don't think it took a position on either side.
The child was not a human, and one of her parents was female before switching.
So we can assume they have some sort of future tech that can fully change the gender, unlike modern tech which just alters appearance.

No reason why they shouldn't have done it from the start if they have the technology. The whole episode was kinda stupid in my opinion.

>Orville gets the feedback from Trek fans
>Next season is more serious, but at the same time with some Get Smart-esque moments

>falling for this pasta that was obviously meant to be sardonic

>paying for information

>paying for CBS
>I had to find out in some random post on Gamefaqs
You should go back there

I disagree, I'm 30, I was raised on trek because my father (age 60) got me into it when I was a kid. I watched it with him at his house and we both didn't like it. Maybe CBS doesn't care about our demographic. Maybe they can be successful without us, so be it. We aren't watching anymore.

>Picard's line

Wait one moment! Is that a BLACK FEMALE in the left corner?

BRING OUT THE EMMYS! GLASS CEILINGS PEOPLE! WERE MAKING AMERICA DIVERSE AGAIN!