Why is she so unpopular?

I she part of the MvsC4 roster?

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/uncanny-avengers-annual-01-2014/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No
Because she's boring and always written horribly
Probably not

no, but she should be since Invisible Woman or Storm isnt coming back anytime soon.

>Is WASP the "Wonder Woman" of Marvel?
No, not even close
>Why is she so unpopular
She's a fetish fuel character who almost never grows and shrinks all the damn time. Also she's a vain model who mostly nags Hank Pym
>Is she part of the MvsC4 roster?
hell if I know, I hope not

No. Because;
>she so unpopular

Wasp is a literally-who to normies. The closest you might get to a Wonder Woman of Marvel is maybe one of the female X-men.

Storm is the Wonder Woman of Marvel.

No really. Shit's canon, yo.

Incidentally Wasp is the Wonder Girl of Marvel.

Again, no really.

Incidentally Incidentally Storm is also the Artemis of Marvel

Well what would make her Marvel's Wonder Woman wouldn't it

>mfw every single truly popular female Marvel has their film rights owned by another company

What a fucking shitshow. I can't really blame them for pushing Captain Marvel. Who else do they have?

No, because she's adorable.

>Why is she so unpopular?
Because she's written as a bitch.

This is, by far, the best version of the Wasp.

It's amazing how all it takes to not make a character an unlikeable cunt is to... actively choose not to write her as an unlikeable cunt. It really is that simple.

she should be give her strength and invulnerability and speed

no one wants to write her

>I she part of the MvsC4 roster?
its time, again she should be

No.

She's the least popular of all the "A-List" Pym Particle users because she doesn't have much characterization. The slap is the only defining point in her history outside of the new costume every week.

Christ, I hope she isn't in MvC. Appearing as part of a super, maybe. But Hank, Scott, and/or Eric would make much better reps.

I really liked her in The Ultimates, too bad that didn't last long.

>it's a "writer forgets that Wasp can both shrink and grow and she doesn't instantly fix a problem being 100 feet tall could solve" issue

Beause her powers suck.

Disney will make her more popular than wonder woman, you see.

We need more of her

shes so much better than that captain lesbian

Utilized correctly her powers are devastating

she has stealth and speed on her side

Does anyone ever utilize their power correctly in stories?

No because that would mean the complete elimination of adversity and conflict...unless the powers of all characters involved weren't inherently combat focused and the conflict itself came down to out thinking, out maneuvering, and outplaying the enemy where every battle had its own rules (and half the battle came from the fact that said rules weren't explicit).

bump

>MvsC4
its MCUvsC from now on
god help us

She can fulfill Carol's role and then some

>Marvel
>popular female
So Mary Jane?

Wasp

Fuck, you're right. I forgot Rogue.

And Mystique for that matter.

Elsa Bloodstone?

She's not unpopular, you just personally don't like her.

Well, unpopular means not popular, and Wasp certainly isn't what you would call a popular character.

She's hardly disliked, though.

She-Hulk

While I won't say She-Hulk isn't popular with people that know of her, therein lies the rub.

She's maybe Jubilee tier.

Quality exchange anons.

I always thought of Storm as Marvel's Wonder Woman. But current Marvel hates mutants more than the bigots of their own universe.

I don't know what it is, we've seen multiple alternate realities where Jan isn't just likable but down right awesome and yet 616 seems to go out of the way to make her terrible for reasons I can't begin to fathom

Literally anyone else, Carol has always been shit. The only girl worse than her at Marvel is Gwen.

Whore is worse, Angela too. But that doesn't mean much.
They're literally worse than shit.

>Angela

why did they even want her so bad? I don't recall meeting any fans begging for that character. What's more removing her from Spawn basically turns her into a fresh new character anyways

No. She's not popular enough NOR powerful enough.

You're talking about a c-list character who's superpower is literally being Hank Pym's wife/gf, senpai. She's a super who can size-shift between human and pixie entirely because her s.o., who is a b-lister, gave them too her.

Also, as others have noted, she's mostly been written as an obnoxiously self absorbed cunt/shrill harpy.

Even this:
which is her *most* likeable incarnation imho, had her going out of her way to flirt with other dudes entirely to get Pym angry/jealous like a jr highschool girl (one of the other female characters even called her out on it).

tl;dr: there's a *reason* that Wasp's first solo book is actually Pym's girl genius daughter rather than Janet (and, even so, she's *still* not Wonder Woman ... more like Spoiler).

It's called a character flaw. Yeah she had some bitchy moments but she would generally learn and grow from them and become a better person. She wasn't a bitch to be a bitch like in the comics, she was a bitch because she was a human who made mistakes and learned from them.

Because she refuses to let go of Hank swatting her aside, even though she knows full well that he was completely out of his mind and not in control of himself.

And she can never settle on a damn costume.

Disk Wars Wasp a cute. CUTE

thing is there where huge stretches of time where she did just that but every time someone has to bring it back up

She's like the better version of Carol already

reminder that if Marlel had the film rights, we would have Marvel Girl aka "JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAN" instead of Captain Marvel in that trailer.

Im not seeing how that's better.

It was mostly Gaiman sticking it to McFarlane.

Did this really happen?

her defining trait is being hit by his man once a long time ago, man.

Carol's a much better character, so good.

Jean is better than carol

>I she part of the MvsC4 roster?
It's incredibly unlikely, but she'd be a fine assist along with Ant-Man

Then again...they made Dr. Strange a character in MvC3 so I guess it's possible.

There's no assists.

I think people overestimate Storm's solo popularity or get the X-men's popularity mixed up with her's.

Reminder that captain Marvel sold better than Storm.

The first 5 issues Karnak sold better than the first five of Storm

Remember the save the storm movement in the internet because her solo was being flush down hard

And it still failed after that

No one cares about storm

People care but some characters play better off a team

Wasp has a more reletable and approcable appeal both for men and women compared to Carol and Storm

Doctor Strange had a Doctor Strange movie in preplanning at the time. Ant-Man and the Wasp is due out in 2018.

Yeah, she literally nagged Hank into a mental breakdown.

still didn't stop Captain Marvel

She's Marvel gf kino

Why does Marvel need a Wonder Woman? Marvel doesn't have a fucking trinity, no matter how much you idiot normies are trying to force one.

It's cancer like this why people keep pushing Captain Marvel as a big fucking deal.

Also EMH Hank is a sanctimonious limp dick who doesn't deserve her.

Comparisons are difficult. Marvel started with three supergroups - the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and the X-Men, each with their own matron (Sue, Jean, Janet). DC has one premiere supergroup and its female representative for the longest time was Wonder Woman, that singular nature elevates her stature more in DC than if there had been other supergroups to steal some of her spotlight.

Wasp strikes me as unpopular largely because of the powerset being so, well, diminishing. And now that she lost founder membership in the Avengers (the normies only look at the movies) it has weakened an already limited character.

Get used to it, Carol is Marvel's Wonder Woman. You might not like it but new readers will grow up with that push, normies will see it from the movies.

Fuck carol

We must stop this bullshit

>Why does Marvel need a Wonder Woman?
I've wondered this for years. DC barely even needs a Wonder Woman.

>tfw you like bitchy Wasp.

Why all the dislike? Did she make fun of your needle dicks anons?

Wasp should be the wonder woman of the avengers

But Janet already is a slut.

More like the "Bumblebee" of Marvel.

The problem with Janet Wasp is she doesnt have powers of her own and is not science "smart" either.

Nu-Wasp is better (even if less lewd)

The problem with pushing her is that she'd just be girl hulk and not her own original thing.

the fuck is this?

wasp is not popular

marvel does not have a wonderwoman because no female marvel character has ever got that much public push

they could have already with Black Widow orCarol Captain Marvel, or with Kamalah Ms Marvel, or with ANY female Spider-Character, or could have done it with Pepper Pots if they went all in with a R.E.S.C.U.E book with pepper as a replacement for iron man, or hell even She-Hulk or Squirrel Girl

but they havent

uncanny avengers annual from like 2014 or something

I just really want to know whats going in this image. Is this an edit or what?

>This is, by far, the best version of the Wasp.

Horrible design, made for 10 year olds, not 25 year old virgins that need all the stuff they watch be cutesy crap.

Technically, she is. A lot of people forget that Wasp was the fucking leader of the Avengers for like 10 years. Why did she not catch on until fucking EMH?

viewcomic.com/uncanny-avengers-annual-01-2014/

No

I dunno

Maybe

What ere where those 10 years? Maybe it wasn't a good era for the avengers

I love Wasp, but she just doesn't get any love.

I think she could be Marvel's answer to Catwoman. I'm sure you think that sounds ridiculous, but I don't mean like a femme fatale, I mean more like a... Stylish, street-level book.

because the avengers were never marvel's Justice League until recently

it was just another team that happened to have Cap and whoever else he trusted, less popular than the xmen, less powerful overall than the Champions or the old GotG

so they never had a wonder woman analog because it was never needed

>Who else do they have?
Captain Marvel
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Gamora
Wasp
Mantis
Monica Rambeau
She-Hulk
Medusa
Valkyrie
Sif
Crystal
Ms. Marvel
America Chavez
Spider-Woman
Nico Minoru
Elsa Bloodstone
Jessica Jones
Misty Knight
Hellcat
Squirrel Girl
Enchantress
Dagger
Black Cat
Elektra
Moondragon
Tigra
Songbird
Kate Bishop
Moonstone
Quake
Colleen Wing
Mockingbird
Silk
White Tiger
Sharon Carter
Nebula
Angela
Jane Foster
Satana
Singularity
Clea

Not a very good list, I'd say.

No, that's Storm.

Because she's not very interesting, and never really has been. She likes fashion and hot guys and was a terrible wife, and was one time a victim of something that could be described as domestic violence- probably the only time in her history up to that point where she didn't deserve some sort of comeuppance.

Why would she be, and just think how fucking fun that would be to use and fight against. Here's a hint- not at all.

Carol's been Marvel's Wonder Woman since they pushed her as such the first time around in the 70s.
I do not see what these threads hope to achieve.

NEVER EVER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>carol
>relevant

After numerous reboots due to low sales and letting Bendis trash the character I don't think Marvel knows what they're doing with Carol

CAROL CORPS!
SHE'S SUPER DUPER POPULAR!

Comic buyer don't care about storm.

Ask any regular person to name female heroes and they will probably say Wonder Woman, Storm, and Supergirl

Carol falls well short of that figure until recently. She is much, much closer to a GL analogue than a Wonder Woman analuge, but in truth she's neither.

And if you're talking profile, power and significance, there is *only* Storm to compare to Wondy. Honestly, even Storm falls well short, but Storm is miles and miles closer than any other Marvel gal.

I think people is taking in consideration the history of the character more than their sells, i mean she literally was wonder woman at some point

That reminds me how Kate Leth was really pushing for this bullshit, i'm glad it failed.

It did ?