What happened?

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GupBPAGXRpM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bad show has problems

Steven accidently shrunk himself from 6'0" to 5'11".

dwarfism

>6ft vs 5ft11.png

I have no fucking clue, but I've been noticing it in the episodes, not just when the images are compared. His head looks too big for his body.

Show has no official stated heights, only relative. Pic on the right is taken from a scene where Steven's surrounded by small children. He's drawn closer to their height in that scene. Not sure where pic on right comes from, but probably a shot with the Crystal Gems or other adults, where he's drawn taller.

well he's not as chubby as he was before.

i prefer the new look stylistically, but i actually wish they'd just age him up physically.

They don't care about scale in the slightest.
What's that one episode where Amethyst is as small as Stevens TV?
That was fucking embarrassing.

I wish they didn't make him thinner. He was cuter when he was fat.

The X-Men's Beast was mad at Steven Universe for having become too dark and brooding and making too many right decisions in brutal episodes, so he used his home-made time machine to bring into the future the younger version of Steven Universe, you know - just to be a dick, and unfortunately the paradox created stranded the younger version of Steven Universe in the future!

What happens when you don't create a scale table for boarders to follow like Savino did.

Manlets happened

I actually liked chubby Steven more then chibi Steven. I gave credit to the show for making the main protagonist not in super good shape. He looks like a fairly typical slightly overweight kid. Now he looks like every other cartoon character. I miss the old design.

I fucking hate that this show doesn't have consistent heights.

>2 radically different designes
>Still no neck

He regressed in age without realizing it?
He looks like a fat 12-year old on the left, but he looks 8 on the right.

no, the shirts are suposed to be the same size.

GIVE HIM A NECK FOR FUCK'S SAKE

The one on the right is cuter.

Hydrocephalus

Necks 2 hard to animate
Seriously it's a fucking pain to animate

For some reason the shitty heights are considered part o the shows charms by Tumblr, so now they feel obligated to make them as retarded looking as possible to see how far they can push the envelope.

It was always shit. Just now it became shittier. Grats enjoy steven's superpower being he turns into a nigger you cucks.

Different storyboarders

>Grats enjoy steven's superpower being he turns into a nigger
>mfw his palette indeed got a bit darker
>mfw this could be a thing
>mfw smoky quartz

>tfw you will never see the details of steven's fat thighs, ass, and small amount of balls ever again because the show made him a midget chibi toddler

The show is total shit either way, what's the difference?

>chibi
Throwing in Japanese words for the hell, of it? What the fuck IS your problem?

Rebecca was disappointed that people weren't drawing enough shota art with him so she went for a cuter approach.

Is this real? Was it from Frybo? Why was Steven such an exhibitionist early season 1?

yeah, its from frybo. its better in motion but i felt way too weird to make a gif of that lmao.

and you just know rebecca was really pulling for some shota art and more male/male stuff, just based on the kinda fan content she created for shows she liked... i mean, steven sure did like to touch lars' naked chest back in season 1.

He got smol, duh

lol, Sup Forumsfag

i used it in the way i saw it used in fandom when i was getting older, which basically just meant an art style used in which you exaggerate the size of the head and eyes and make the body/arms/legs smaller to try to enhance its "cuteness". so no, i'm not throwing in japanese for the hell of it. what is YOUR problem? why does this anger you so deeply?

You don't GET it at all. You're, just another weeaboo.

He's been acting more like an immature little kid than usual too. He's been coming off more like a precocious eight year old than fourteen, or even twelve.

Probably because, like the show in general, they decided that they wanted to take Steven in a cuter direction

his voice sounds different too

Even Dipper wasn't that much of a manlet

Except when dealing with girls.

It used to be huskier.

The inconsistent sizeof the chracters is all over the show, comparing them to doors, cars, tv and each other, Lapis for exemple could be between 5'2 and 7'5 tall

The show doesn't give a shit about art style consistency which wouldn't be so bad if the artists were talented which isn't always the case.

Just goes to show what an undisciplined mess this show is.

lol kill yourself autist

To be fair size inconsistence happens on many well aclaimed works as well, Guts sword in berserk sometimes is one and a half as tall as guts, and some times short enough for him to carry on his back

>mad because his show has no true art direction, no consistency, anatomy looks like ass, most character designs look like CalArts rejects, etc etc etc

This.

The Loud House's visuals are boring though.

>no one has brought up the fact that Steven learns how to magically age himself in one episode and that it's a perfectly reasonable handwave
>b-but the style

As per usual it's just Sup Forums and their irrational hate-echo chamber for this show. Tell me again where it is that Tumblr touched you?

bad storyboarder

i really love the show, but honestly the aging thing to explain the drastic changes in sizes and scale are really a reach.

i sometimes really feel like su would have benefitted so much more from having a more on-model art style and to not let the storyboarders get carried away with their own styles in the show just because it is a more serious show. story board driven, off model and experimental styles work perfectly for things like uncle G, ren and stimpy, etc.... comedy shows that really utilize what it means to be able to draw off model! exaggerating expressions for jokes! things that you should be doing! SU is a serious show for the most part and has an on-going plot / story, so its hard to really focus on the story as being linear in time when 10 episodes earlier steven looks like he's 14 and then you're watching now and it's the same exact situation and setting of steven just hanging out in his living room and he looks like he's about 7 or 8. the only boarder who even uses her ability to go off-model for any good is Raven, who jam packs her episodes with expressions that really make the show feel alive and funny and interesting.

If I wasn't about to leave for work I'd spam dicks in this thread for you being so smug, you cunt.

You're watching a bad show is what happened.

It is the style you retard. If it was a shapeshifting type height change then early season 1 Steven's gem would be exposed since his clothes aren't part of his form.

And I like this show.

>connies fuck head

You guys know it's canon that his perceivable age/height changes according to how old he feels, right?

Yeah, but that's not related to OPs image.

>implying it happened in only one episode
>implying it isn't happening on a subtle, consistent basis

>implying Loud House is he only show to use character scales
most shows do it, don't think Loud House is a good example

It isn't. Steven's clothes would be noticeably different since they stay the same.

That was a whole lot of nothing. Thanks for the boring read.

Different artists, duh. He looks like neither in some episodes.

Also the artist who did the left one still works on the show and she doesn't draw Steven that way anymore, probably because it was an early episode.

It's the same thing that happened to the Legend of Zelda

Get ready as Toon Steven is the face of the franchise.

They made him look like a puppy - favourite creature of every woman, and especially a feminist, you know for what purpose...

Is he supposed to have 6 fingers on each hand?

Yea, it was a birth defect and it led him to investigate weird anomalies and shit. He wrote the journals in the show that's logo on the cover is a six fingered hand with the volume number written in the middle. Guy could've been really fucking cool but Alex fucked everything up.

>Tallest character is 5'

What the fuck?

inconsistent character models because they let the storyboarders do whatever the fuck they want

True, but I think it's also fair to say that there was usually some effort to keep Guts' sword size semi-consistent, and at the top of my head a lot of the moments I can recall the sword changing size were during the high points in action scenes - so even then it some of the differences seem deliberate for the sake of dramatic effect/emphasis.

With Steven Universe however a lot of the discrepancies don't seem have any rhyme or reason to why they're there and often feel arbitrary rather than to serve the scene. I think it's a little telling that I've seen a couple of the artists for SU complain that their creativity would be "stifled" just by having a reference sheet yet Rebecca Sugar had to step in a spell out to those same artists the possibilities of Peridot's enhancements because they couldn't think of anything to do with them.

Reminds me of what happened to the already 5 foot Krillin in Dragon Ball Super. Dude looks like 18's kid now.

He mishandled his shape-shifting powers and never returned to his original proportions.

They probably had to alter his voice, now that his voice actor is like 17/18.

He is Mexican.

>sperger twitterfag showed up

He has aging powers, retard. It's why he's taller in some scenes and shorter in others.

/thread

And then had to tell a storyboarder to stop forcing her ship into the show.

>5'2"

>Implying Toon Link isn't a better Link

Competition for resources means less nutrients to go around, and so the Loud kids are all stunted, even when on the cusp of adulthood.

Bobby's just short because he's Mexican.
Seriously, their average height is less than 5' 6".

animators stopped giving a shit just like the writers. fans still slow to the count, though.

Art used to be inconsistent - now it's still inconsistent, but less so.

I prefer the art on the right, DESU. It's more cartoonish without being too odd and deformed from the original concept.

>Implying Toon Link isn't the BEST Link
Ftfy Famalamadingdong

Isn't it that the show runner has a fond nostalgia for old cartoons where the look could vary drastically between episodes and scenes and encourages the animators to replicate that.

>Guys, the art is supposed to look shitty. Its, like, his superpower or something...

You guys are LITERALLY this retarded.
No, seriously, you're just trying to justify terrible art choices because you're shit slurpers who fail to recognize how bad this show actually is, and will come up up with whatever excuse you can think of.

Look at for a moment. If Steven's age changing abilities had ANYTHING to do with this shit, his clothes wouldn't be consistently form fitting.

It's bad art. Plain and simple.

Nah, not all Mexicans are short. Just the ones from the south part, there you can find people that height less than 4'7".

fuck off

GOD DAMN IT I HATE SEASON 4 STEVEN SO FUCKING MUCH

WHY WONT THEY AGE HIM UP ALREADY?

For fucking real I can't stand it. Hes such a tiny little faggot now. Back in season 1, (when the art style was OBJECTIVELY better) Steven was ignorant, but brave and had a good heart. Season 4 steven just feels so... I don't know, forced? Everything he says feels like a god damn lecture about the beauty of life, which is bad enough but this is on top of the fact he is now 2 feet shorter and about 10 years younger looking. Especially his voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=GupBPAGXRpM
Look at this shit. God damn it. Hes such a little bitch now, and his voice is so fucking insufferable.

Aging him up might not fix his personality, but at least he will look and sound 10 times better. His age in Stevens Birthday was PERFECT

>we want the manlet audience

The problem is that their concept of "varied styles" seems to be the kind seen in 80s/90s shows like TMNT, Transformers and Disney & WB's stuff. Which could get ugly as fuck at times.

holy shit she looks like a fetus

board team styles (Most notably Lamar, Katie, and sometimes Raven)
Paul Villeco's steven's probably the chuftiest (similar to how Raven's Pearl still retains the season 1 nose)

most modern cartoons have boring visuals, mainly the CN ones

He isn't, TWW bombed in Japan and was about the sahre the same fate in Western countries if it wasn't for the Master Quest bonus

He got Chopperfied

>TWW bombed in Japan
For one, [citation needed]
And two, if WW "bombed", why the fuck does Nintendo use him in like 10+ different fucking spinoffs? He has more spinoffs than all the other types of Links combined.

she must be the daughter of normus reedus the magic fetus.

>tfw Lauren Zuke is the only good boarder

Fuck

Agreed, worst Gem next to Pearl. It's like the writers are trying to make Pearl a worse and worse person just to see if the fans still argue against that because she's "gay".

At the begging of the show due to neglect Steven acted like a 12 year old even tho he was 14 like children victim of abuse often do
Now due to prolonged abuse he regressed more to 9 year olds and the animation is reflecting it

He was fine when Peridot hunting was a thing

A lot of things were.....

>It's like the writers are trying to make Pearl a worse and worse person just to see if the fans still argue against that because she's "gay".

Fucking kek

But really though, Last one out of Beach city