What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BvS did.

Warner is creatively bankrupt. Now the Mouse owns it all.

Mouse is pretty creatively bankrupt too. The difference is that they're at least competent about it.

Avengers minus the fun but every other element of the formula

and bad plot

they screwed up the script(my guess, a bunch of rewrites with a bunch of too many cooks)
Smith tried to make himself the sole protagonist even though it is a movie about a group of people.
While understandably not all of them could have a spotlight, some of them didn't get any moment at all.
The director or the producers had a hard on for Harley

They tried to sell it as a batman movie and it wasn't

Script was rushed out the door. Shit villain. Should have used Count Vertigo. Shit space vacuum plot that we've seen in such masterpieces as Green Lantern.

They saw people complained about Superman being broody and decided the best course of action was to make the movie about amoral convicts more lighthearted.
Also Leto overdid it with the method acting and ended up nearly cut out of the movie.
Basically two things: execs are retarded and they paid way too much attention to internet feedback at the cost of consistency.

Gee, this sure is some good cartoon art....

I didn't know the movie starred Harambe.

Besides popularity, why is Harley even there. She brings nothing to the team power and skill wise and only exists to be the OH SO WACKY hot topic pandering trash she is. What's worse is she's featured so damn prominently

Retarded test audience, rushed script, WB panicking because of BvS.

Also needed more Joker.

I imagine the Director's Cut will fix things up.

Promised a film about villains.
It became an average superhero movie, but with the problem that they had to introduce them all in that same movie.

It didn't. Harambe was dead when this was made

Poor casting choices all around. Particularly the Fresh Prince of Belle Reve.

Editing

>What went wrong?
This isn't a secret, user:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693

Script was written 6 weeks prior to the start of production; the movie was intended to be moody/gritty but then BvS went over like a lead balloon AND the con trailer (with the Queen song) got mad hype AND Deadpool absurdly OVER-performed; they literally hired the TRAILER EDITORS to re-edit the fucking movie.

The same thing that went wrong with BvS. They are in a hurry to start the franchises to catch up with Marvel, so they make ensemble movies without previously establishing anyone.

And after BvS's tone was so ill-received, they swung the other way and tried to make it silly by way of shitty editing. Since the script was already bad, it resulted in a trainwreck.

because there's no rhyme or reason to the team.

It's supposed to be a countermeasure to the next menace that Superman would have normally handled, so it makes sense to have Diablo, considering the powers he exhibits at the end, maybe Croc since he's stronger than regular people, maybe even Deadshot if you arm him properly.
Obviously, Enchantress was the heavy hitter, but that went south.

But what the fuck would Harley, Boomerang, and Slipknot do in a team like this?

And if you're gonna send them with a team of soldiers anyway, why not go with the elite squad that the guy suggested putting together?

Scratch that, why don't you go with THE FUCKING FLASH, since he's already around? I mean, I get Batman is hard to find, but if people like Katana and Flash are already around, there may be other heroes out there. Why go with villains, mostly powerless villains at that?

Hell, Diana is a matter of historic record, and she showed up for Doomsday so why not try to find her instead?

This fucking movie

you could ask the same for any of the members of the squad in any comic run, like why send boomerang against a collosal fire giant sent by darkseid

is everyone here retarded?
Studio interference, simple as. Directors cut will save it.

You are forgetting all the plot holes that it would have anyway. The script was written on godamn six weeks, and aproved without any analysis or needed rewritte. EVERY movie is rewritten at least a coulple of times.

You are a pleb who knows nothing on how it was written

Having a trailer house do the editing, music ques that were annoying, some characters just being there without being fleshed out, Joker being so marketed yet not being in the film for more than 8 minutes, The Enchantress as their first main baddie, some pretty bad dialogue, cliche writing in the 3rd act and a pacing and tone that was all over the place. I liked most of the actors, most of the fights were cool, the visuals weren't entirely terrible and I did enjoy how much of a mess it was, but people expected it to be a fun action flick with Joker but we got weird magic destroy the world bullshit that's pretty cliche and overdone at this point. Also some of the dialogue was just way too cheesy.

Editing issues that shouldn't have existed, putting the Skwad in a superhero situation instead of a covert ops situation and a movie that came in the wake of BvS' reception

Nobody even talks about any character in this movie other than Harley and Joker these days either.

The extended cut they released didn't fix anything. It just made this mess of a movie even longer. It's not like how the ultimate cut for BvS fixes certain issues with the plot, Superman's character and context that makes the movie go from meh to decent. With Suicide Squad, it's just needlessly pointless shit, and the only thing that's any good are more of the Harley flashbacks.

They wanted it to be their Guardians so they chopped up a movie that was practically finished and rearranged it into a garbled mess.
And were rewarded for it.

It's a shame, it was a movie that more or less respected its audience to accept it was a crazy diverse world of comic book shit. I've been waiting forever to have a movie just jump into that shit. And they totally shit the bed.

Needed a scene where Katana and Harley go down on each other for 30 minutes. Uncut.

I still can't believe the shitshow that was the final fight against Enchantress and her brother. Everything about that was bad.

I laughed out loud in the theater when, after they had their little swordfight, she ripped their weapons out of their hands with no problem so really they didn't have to do any of that.

Basically this made it into reality

>Smith tried to make himself the sole

Bullshit meme complains

They wanted criminals AKA people they can kill and nobody will ask questions.

I assume Harley is there because the logic of her fighting and almost killing Batman, the guy who almost killed Superman.

Will Smith is a line counter and Deadshot isn't supposed to be likeable in a Will Smith way, Boomerang was fucked up in every way, Croc was a glorified extra who gave two jokes and little else, the brother was inferior to the Enchantress as a villain and she was downgraded in intimidation when she lost the smoke. The best part of the movie, Harley and Joker, was caught awkwardly between subplot and origin while being a far more interesting story. Also the Deadshot/Batman hate was stupid and didn't need to be there.

Also, random songs that abruptly start and stop and don't fit the scene.