Help me Sup Forums

I just watched this film and I'm afraid I might be a brainlet because I fail to see what's so great about it.

The obcession of a man into growing his company and wealth while forgetting what really matters in life (family) in the end he is the king of a rotting castle sick and lonely.

Its about blind ambition and how it affects you in the long run.

This guy is right, OP:
That's exactly what the movie is about, but in my opinion it was not done well, regardless of what Sup Forums says.

you just gotta watch it again after a few days

It's about faith in God

I think it was done VERY WELL specially with that small budget it had, honestly i liked it a lot.

>The obcession of a man into growing his company and wealth while forgetting what really matters in life (family) in the end he is the king of a rotting castle sick and lonely.
>Its about blind ambition and how it affects you in the long run.
>That's exactly what the movie is about, but in my opinion it was not done well, regardless of what Sup Forums says.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The guy is a *path, plain and simple. It's a communist movie.

>I'VE ABANDONED MY SON

its about fatherhood and toxic masculinity

Hi, three things:
1. kill yourself
2. Even if it is a communist movie, who gives a fuck? Barely anyone was able to sit through this boring slog, much less understand this analysis:
>The obcession of a man into growing his company and wealth while forgetting what really matters in life (family) in the end he is the king of a rotting castle sick and lonely.
>Its about blind ambition and how it affects you in the long run.
You may be the only person on Earth that thinks it's a communist film. Nobody knows what the fuck a *path is, and I'm not entirely convinced you aren't just trolling poorly. If it is communist propaganda as you claim it fails miserably because very few people saw it and none of them understood it as a communist film.
3. See #1.

> If there’s a little art in good trash and sometimes even in poor trash, there may be more trash than is generally recognized in some of the most acclaimed “art” movies. Such movies as “Petulia” and “2001” may be no more than trash in the latest, up-to-the-minute guises, using “artistic techniques” to give trash the look of art. The serious art look may be the latest fashion in expensive trash. All that “art” may be what prevents pictures like these from being enjoyable trash; they’re not honestly crummy, they’re very fancy and they take their crummy ideas seriously.

There Will Be Blood should be called No Country For Old Men and No Country for Old Men should be called There Will Be Blood.

>There Will Be Blood should be called No Country For Old Men and No Country for Old Men should be called There Will Be Blood.

>There Will Be Blood should be called No Country For Old Men and No Country for Old Men should be called There Will Be Blood.

>kill yourself
no u first
>2. Even if it is a communist movie, who gives a fuck?
You need ot give a fuck if something's evil
> Barely anyone was able to sit through this boring slog,
uhhhhhhhhhhhh
> much less understand this analysis
I didn't write that

You may be the only person on Earth that thinks it's a communist film.
nope
> Nobody knows what the fuck a *path is,
people who've been on the internet more than five mintes know
> and I'm not entirely convinced you aren't just trolling poorly. If it is communist propaganda as you claim it fails miserably because very few people saw it and none of them understood it as a communist film.
woooo wooo waaaaaaaahhhh other people don't hypothetically agree hence you are wrong

Its a great character study with great acting and a fascinating period piece. Plotpleb Nolanfans wont enjoy it.

TWBB is not "evil"

Thank you. I get these movies confused on a regular basis.

TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.

>I fail to see what's so great about it.
It's a gorgeous looking movie with a 10/10 score by Jonny Greenwood.

TWBB is a couple of incredible scenes buried within about 2 hours of filler.

Phantom Thread
DDL plays a pretty misogynist fashion designer who meets a young model, falls in love, and she hooks him onto drugs and they develop some sort of master-slave relationship, with him as the submissive.