Why Ep7 and Rogue one had such generic soundtrack (like a marvel movie)?

Is there an explanation?
Even the prequel did this right, being classic and innovative at the same time :
youtube.com/watch?v=C2XUJ5PWg-8
youtube.com/watch?v=wVLaQ7eROFg&list=PL4834F006D0602176&index=10
youtube.com/watch?v=PaCaMxN4yGE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bet John Williams had some more creative ideas, but somebody stepped in and told him "Why not more like this?", and he said "Yup sure", and it was bland as fuck.

John Williams is old and senile... his last good work was RotS

There was not a appropriate action scene in TFA to have a epic score imho.
Tracks i like were Rey's Theme and March of the Resistance.
Rest was generic star wars music.

That would make John a hack, though.

Who cares. Star wars was killed the moment george sold it to (((disney)))

Actually the cancer metastasized during ROTJ

I agree for ROTJ.
However the prequel had much more potential.

I didn't think about it til now but I can't think of a song or original theme from ep 7 or Rouge one. But I can think of a few from the OG and the prequels.

>red eyes
What did they mean by this?

God, R1 had shit ass tracks.
Like, why not just use a slightly different version of the Star wars theme? The main theme was so fucking boring.

I fucking love 'Palpatine's teachings'

a cute tho

I agree

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

TFA's grew on me, but R1 had generic blockbuster music

Contrary to popular belief, the director fucking matters when scoring a film. This is why the same composer can range from shit to legendary from film to film. It usually boils down to how well the director can convey the tone and feel of particular scenes and characters.

George was good at this. He worked with Williams for decades and they knew each other like brothers do. Disney hired Williams thinking a good score is something you shit out like their CGI chink farms. They were wrong.

I remember they really hyped up "Rey's theme".
I couldn't even hum it to you if I tried.

>but R1 had generic blockbuster music
That's the Giacchino touch.

Want something mediocre and generic and generally forgettable. Good news. Giacchino is avaiable to help you realize your vision!

Well for R1, Desplat left and Giacchino had little time to score

Duel of the Fates was the best part about ep 1

episode 2 and 3 had the worst scores, although even they were better than Rogue One's.

TFA's score is fine and has a number of memorable tracks such as rey and kylo's theme, and jedi steps.