ONLY 10/10 MOVIES

no bullshit, trolls are not welcome

No such thing as a 10/10 movie.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 10/10 is an ideal; it cannot be attained.

/thread

did you even look at my pic?

>autism trolls arrive so quickly

I thought this was a 6/10 at best

I agree with op, 10/10

Well OP could have stated subjectively 10\10 movies for you. There is such thing as subjectively 10\10 movie for you.

plebs not welcome

OP said no bullshit

yuck the amount of same faggotry has reached cringe tier levels
I'm out. You have a poor taste in film, OP.

your so funny dude

FPBP

The word kino gets thrown around quite a bit. But this film is as close to perfection as you can get

There are many 10/10 movies, one could say Dazed & Confused is a 10/10

Fucking plebs, true kino coming through

actual cat-kino coming through

>baby's first western
daaaaw
ain't that adorable

mong. Its a western but its the storytelling that makes it good. It has a unique aura of comfyness.

Amadeus
>inb4 historical accuracy

10/10

I agree, anyone who calls Amadeus rebbit is just trying to fit in

inb4
>pretentious

fucking perfect from a technical standpoint

its not even in colors, and you call this a 10/10 haha.

haha you're a pleb haha

breaktime in kindergarten already?

Is this Kurosawa? If so, which one?

7/10 at best. Story sucked

I think it's Ozu and its Tokyo story

>liking old shit for the sake of it
>calling other people plebs

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>he still doesn't get it
>dude lets just ignore half the existence of film as a medium

You criticize my pick yet have nothing of your own to contribute and besides there were many other black and white films posted and you're still grasping at straws regarding my choice

to think I post on this board with retards like you, this place really is a shithole

a 10/10 by definition has to be attainable, otherwise 9 would actually be 10 (which, according to your logic, should also be impossible)
>pic related: 10/10

>You criticize my pick
No I didn't, that was another user.
>grasping at straws regarding my choice
I'm not, I was criticizing you're "comeback" that said "muh kindergarten XD", which clearly implied you think watching black and white flicks makes you an adult somehow.
My personal 10/10 happens to also be a black and white movie, namely 12 angry men. I'm just not pathetically pretentious about it like you.

This is true for cinema, however, ideal music does exist. Sadly, cinema can never match the grandeur of music. This is because music stimulates the creative parts of the mind, aiding the listener in creating worlds vaster than any camera could ever encapsulate. Cinema will always be a limited medium, since the worlds it presents are by necessity streamlined, as opposed to the free-flowing worlds of music, and as such, no movie will ever be as evocative and apocalyptic as ITCOTCK.

This is also why cinema is a lesser art form than music.

what about movies with music in them?
>checkmate

>it's comfy

that's a 10/10 photoshop job on josh's head

woah it's almost I can't tell who I'm replying to, really makes you think

Wasn't a comeback, simply pointing out the obvious but that's lost on you I see and if you've misinterpreted it then it's your fault.

But keep flicking the word pretentious around like it holds any real ground if it helps you sleep at night.

That only means movies have to rely on music to be effective.

what is this

this is not true, cinema can be as much art as music, And when great music and cinema is combined together you get something greater than art

this is undeniable

Short answer: You are incorrect.
Long answer: It largely depends on your interpretation of a rating scale. Most academic institutions (as well as most forms of rating scales in general) set up a selection of criteria and award points based on attaining these critera. If a rubric exists (even if it's a theoretical or metaphorical rubric) and everything within a film hits the highest criteria in each category, it is by definition a 10/10 film even if it could have been a better film.

Good answer. More:

Glengarry Glen Ross
Goodfellas
Apocalypse Now
Laurence of Arabia
No Country for Old Men
Taxi Driver
The Terminator

>Wasn't a comeback, simply pointing out the obvious
uhuh

>being this assmad
How mature of you.

i see your 10's and raise you the following 10

please be nice :3

NOT 10/10, but it's pretty good

I would give it a 7/10

It takes on to know one friend

It's trash. 2/10 at best.

how's this for a fincher 10/10 instead?

What is autism?

Smokin' Aces

11/10

Nice dubs Mish Moneypenny

I forgot about this one
It's so fucking good

my niggas

An absolute masterpiece. The score, the writing, the cinematography. Every actor is on point; Renner, Affleck, Rockwell, Paul Schneider, Garret Dillahunt and finally Brad Pitt. I remember following this movie in pre production and being hyped, then being disappointed that Brad Pitt signed on to play the lead - I didn't think I would be able to see Jesse James and I'd only see Brad Pitt - boy was I wrong.
For decades everyone has idolized Jesse James, naming kids after him to this day, and this movie had the balls to play him accurately; murderous, mentally ill, paranoid, but also you feel for him in the end because he was tortured due to imbalanced in his brain.
The conclusion of the 2nd act and the entire 3rd act are just flawless.

Casey proved he's a top 5 working actor and the superior brother in terms of acting prowess.

9.99/10 - Top 3 movie ever made

9/10 -

8.5/10

My contributions:
The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance

Ran

Only good answers so far ITT

You guys get it.

I'll allow it. The Duke finally gives the spotlight to another and it pays of big.

I nominate "The Secret in their eyes" 2009 version of course

this for sure and also a brighter summer day

pretty obscure thread to be samefagging in m8

10/10 Horror

nice try faggot but try again

strictly meh

unironically

What if a movie is a 96/100, autismo?

The DP in Yi Yi really knows how to utilize reflections to add more depth to the shots, I've noticed, instead of just slapping on a lens filter to block out reflectory light. Really cool.

agreed, but you're forgetting pic related

Does anyone genuinely love this film? Everyone seems to like it because it often tops film charts Kubrick is also known to be a perfectionist, so people can just excuse any fault of his films as a deliberate decision.

This is such a great film

I agree.

I do, the opening sequence moves me everytime I watch it. Don't overthink things over what people like or dislike, it ain't healthy. If a positive response comes out of someone, through a film, it says a lot about the film on a personal level.

>Tim Burton

>Not having a rating scale that goes to 11

Reccomend something better than fag.

Way to ruin the thread with the OP.

This. I don't know what people see in that boring piece of shit melodrama.