TRANSFORMERS

TRANSFORMERS

with the new movie coming out, why don't we talk about Transformers?

What's your favorite character and series?

Mine would have to be soundwave and G1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v-4rYf0x-F4
youtube.com/watch?v=-rAv5zgtsmM
youtube.com/watch?v=lPXWt2ESxVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why don't we talk about Transformers?
Because every Transformers "discussion" immediately devolves into tribal elitism. Apparently, you're only allowed to like ONE TF series ever, and no matter which one it is, a bunch of angry nerds will jump you with very loud declarations of TRUKK NOT MUNKEY.

So no, let's not talk about Transformers. Go jump off a cliff.

Well, what's your favorite series user?

I don't think there is anybody here who doesn't like Beast Wars other than the retarded Beast Machines guy

That being said, you're a piece of shit if you like Beast Machines or any of the animes

Cybertron. Might just be nostalgia, but I love the fuck out of that series. Either Prime or Animated are second, kind of tied between them. I don't really have a favorite character, but if I had to choose, it'd either be the Cybertron Defense Team or IDW Arcee.

I'm not sure if I want to get hyped for the new movie, but the four we've gotten so far have entertained me, so I'll probably enjoy it.

Eat shit. Beast Machines was more solidly planned and had a better plot structure than Beast Wars did. It was a great series, just a shit sequel.

Also, Cybertron and RID 2001 are hilarious.

Speaking of, here's the trailer
youtu.be/v-4rYf0x-F4

Beast Machines was shit

>transformers without guns
>transformers who dont look like transformers
>transformers who don't transform in the traditional way, but morph by spirit magic

It fucking stinks

>transformers without guns
And yet you don't have a problem with Animated? :^)

Because Animated didn't have a slew of other problems along with it that made it seem anti-transformers like

>What's your favorite character and series?
Posting favourites from each because I can.
G1 Sunbow: Soundwave, Grimlock, Wheeljack, Hot Rod, Kup, Omega Supreme
Headmasters: Chromedome, Fortress Maximus
Masterforce: Ginrai
Victory: Star Saber, LeoZack
Beast Wars: Optimus Primal, Megatron, Dinobot, Blackarachnia
CarRobots: Fire Convoy
Armada: Starscream
Super Link: Grand Convoy
Galaxy Force: Nitro Convoy, Flame Convoy
Animated: Optimus, Megatron, Ratchet, Sari, Sentinel
Prime: Ratchet, Smokescreen, Megatron, Soundwave
Rescue Bots: Heatwave, Thaddeus Morocco
Robots in Disguise: Steeljaw, Grimlock

G1 Marvel: Grimlock, Nightbeat, Soundwave, Rodimus Prime, Death's Head
IDW: Prowl, Soundwave, Megatron, Drift, Rodimus, Ratchet, Arcee, Nautica, Wheeljack

I maybe forgot some characters that deserve to be in there somewhere.

Also Beast Wars and IDW are the overall favourites.

>What's your favorite character and series?

Got way too many favorites, though most are due to design and not personality. And favorite series is G1, of course.

New IDW issues when? Love the storytimes you guys do.

Beast Machines was a great story with terrible characters.

Is Till all are One a good jumping on point? I'm interested in getting started on the comics, I've got a bit more than casual knowledge of the franchise

Autobots inferior Soundwave superior.

>transformers who dont look like transformers

Found the "genius" who decided to invent emperortacos to explain why guys like Shockwave and Whirl had monoeyes.

I'd say either start with the actual reading order list on Sup Forums, or start with All Hail Megatron, if only because it was the launching point for a lot of stuff, and it's the whole reason humanity fucking hates 'bots.

Not that guy, but given that Whirl and Shockwave are G1 Transformers, how could they not "look" like Transformers?

I can get Beast Wars/Machines stuff not looking like it because it's a different aesthetic entirely, that was the first big departure from the classic looks, but those two were around since the ground floor.

A better example would be Bayformers. That shit looks nothing like any other iteration of TF's. Even BW/BM still had fairly in-line-with-everything-else 'bot modes, though BW less so.

Finally Optimus kills Bumblebee

>kills Bumblebee

Motherfucker theres a Bumblebee movie coming up. He ain't dead. That whole shot is literally pointless drama.

Beast Wars resembled Transformers, but with an organic Guyver esque makeover...but Transformers nonetheless
Bayformers looks like Transformers as regurgitated by Hollywood with an emphasis on the "alien tech" aspect of it all
Beast Machines looks like....I don't even fucking know, but certainly not Transformers, just strange mutant animals

Didn't you hear? Whirl and Shockwave had regular normal humanoid faces and hands, but Ebil Gubmint gave took muh hands and face and now they don't look like transformers.

Huh. Soundwave's concept art name was Breakdown for DOTM? What was his placeholder name during ROTF development?

Will the empurata autist ever go away?

Who?

Favorite Bot: Wheeljack
Favorite Con: Bludgeon

What if... Fumblebee kills Optimus

IDW continuity isn't other continuities.

Though IDW is basically "G1 Modern".

Oh look its the faggot from the /toy/ and Sup Forums tfgs who's still assmad someone did something different in ONE continuity and he cant control his autism sperging over it.

IDW Transformers or nothing.

Beast Machines had potential, admittedly.

The problem is that they botched it all to hell and back in its execution.

Nothing is much better.

The reason is because they didn't want people to recognize who he was, that he wasn't just a satellite in orbit breathing heavily at everyone.

But people figured out her car was a Decepticon anyway.

Speaking of the movie, how likely is it that Unicron is controlling Optimus Prime's body?

I really hope Prime becomes an unwilling antagonist throughout this trilogy.

Considering his eyes turning purple someone obviously is.

I hope it's like the 1986 movie, where Unicron controlled Galvatron. Only with Optimus being the one controlled, I feel it adds more value to the story. Like Bumblebee having to make the choice on whether to kill him or not.

I cannot imagine it is like that. Typically you cannot torture Optimus with pain to make him do your bidding, right?

Yeah, but I more so meant the concept of the big bad controlling an integral character. Although Optimus being tortured into doing this against his will is also an appealing idea.

So Rodimus entered his blue period after learning what Bay did to his pretty face? And also made him French?

Galvarod? Rodclonus? Scrodge and his Huntsman the Screeps?

So has anyone said why Hotrod is rocking a Decepticon-ish color scheme all of a sudden?

Japan did a slew of purple Ridimus repaints.

Hasbro is now just embracing it

Rodimus is just fucking sick and tired of Megatron being the real captain. I mean he almost had the status quo returned but NOOOO, fucking time travel brought Megatron's husbando from the past and suddenly he's cool again.

Well TWO can play at this game! If Megatron is going to be the heroic leader of the Lost Light then Rodimus will be...fuck, wait...maybe...well the Decepticons are kind of disbanded more or less...Oh, right! He'll be the new Tarn!

Tarn Rod!
Three fusion pipes on each arm!
Suck it, Glitch! Suck it so hard!

SKYWARP JOOOOOOOOOOOE!

How'd he lose his teleporting?

Maybe the fix for his condition involved somehow cutting off his special snowflake power.

Maybe he burned himself out somehow being stuck in the half-phased state and it needs time to recouperate.

Maybe it's just so GI Joe doesn't have a warping giant robot, and instead just has a giant robot.

That feels like cheating, honestly.

As for teleportation I imagine he lost it due to whatever was done to resolidify him.

I like how the cockpit seems reasonably enough sized for a human pilot but the rest of him is way out of proportion.

Not anything new, of course, just saying.

Mass shifting!

youtube.com/watch?v=-rAv5zgtsmM

The trailer's song is kind of creepy.

>Rodimus and Star Saber are Decepticons
>Cyclonus and Megatron are Autobots
>Optimus and Soundwave are buttbuddies

What even is IDW

The Not!Shattered-Glass Universe

It's really ominous

Shattered Expectations Universe!

Not if you listen to the original version: youtube.com/watch?v=lPXWt2ESxVY

10/10 would cruise with

What the fuck! That's not Linkin Park! That's not Linkin Park at all!

Is it?

It's not.

Pretty sure that was a joke, though I do enjoy how the trailer more or less made it sound like they did a cover version.

Michael Bay knows the sound he likes, dammit.

>Michael Bay knows the sound he likes, dammit.

Can he even hear anything? I thought he was permanently deafend from whackin' it to explosions all day.

He's adapted! You know, the rich man way by having dolphin "ears" surgically implanted so he can hear via explosions.

I want to say I liked G1, but looking back, it's so littered with inconsistencies that I can't help but balk. So...

1. Beast Wars
2. Transformers Prime

Pretty much it for me. I didn't enjoy Transformers Victory and the Minicons in the early '00s.

Favorite Transformers:

1. Grimlock
2. Dinobot
3. Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime
4. Optimus Prime
5. Megatron

>Optimus Primes does drugs
>ALL the drugs
>kills Bumblebee

I still think one of the coolest parts of Transformers Prime is that Earth is literally built on their Satan.

>I didn't enjoy Transformers Victory
N-not even Hellbat?

Series
>Transformers prime
>Car robots for latin dub it was hilarious
>Transformers armada
>Rescue bots

As for favorite transformers

Ultra Magnus and Megatron have been my favorites in all continuities

>IDW and Prime Optimus Prime
>G1 and Prime Shockwave
>IDW Wheeljack
>G1 and G1 Soundwave
>Robots in disguice Bumblebee and Grimlock

I've always wanted to get into the comics for Transformers. Where should I start IDW?

Start from the Greeks

Grimlock and IDW

Someone will probably post the reccomended reading list, since the start of the IDW-verse is pretty fucking random. And to top it off, some of it gets retcon'd by All Hail Megatron, yet both AHM and some of the retcon'd stuff are referenced here or there.

G1

Grimlock (comics and original tech spec)

It's not that it gets retconned so much as editorial intended them to be a single continuity and McCarthy didn't pay too much attention to whatever the hell Furman had done before him and editorial didn't bother to fix shit.

So it contradicts Furman's stuff a bunch but AHM also references and is a sequel to a bunch of Furman stuff at the same time. Sunstreakers entire story and motivation in AHM hinges on the Furman stuff that came before.

TL;DR nothing was ever retconned in IDW, just writers wrote their shit without caring what others had done before them and editorial weren't doing their jobs for the first few years.

>and editorial weren't doing their jobs for the first few years.

Not doing their jobs now either if the MTME season finale was any indication.

Well for years you had Andy Schmidt - a jerkass who thinks continuity is stupid - as editor, who released "Continuum" as a subtle way to tell readers which continuity he thought was worth keeping and what was worth ignoring/fudging. To this day I'm pissed that we never had any Machination follow up.

And then we had to get Costa as a writer, who on top of claiming that Transformers were too hard to make relatable [s]while simultaneously writing human characters who were even less relatable or likable[/s] relegated the only interesting part of his 3 year run to the Ironhide mini.

>Next movie
>Bumblebee voiced by Jerry
>Hangs out with his police buddy "Barry".

I still like the Nizzi designs very much.

It's just a shame that the Cons will alwyas be monstrous in their faces.

Any spoilers from the MTMTE Revolution comic out yet?

How's the MTMTE Revolution issue?

>jump off a cliff.

I see what you did there.

>New IDW issues when?
Next week.

Roberts and Roche shitting on all the non-TF franchises in Revolution and the idea of a shared universe in general

Just a big vast journey up their own asses

It's amazing and ironic that we, as a fandom, hate change so much.

FTR I did not care for Beast Machines either.

Speaking as an autistic Transformers fan who thinks IDW is the best goddamn thing that ever happened to the franchise I have to say I am not angry with you, but I am disappointed.

Unicron = Creator-controlled Cybertron eating other planets to restore itself?

>TFW Optimus getting more and more messed up psychologically as the movies progressed was actually a long game

>Personally kill four million non-combatant humans
>Attempt to kill your closest friend because he protected humans
>"Hey, big guy, want to join this man's army?"
>"Sure, where do I sign up?"

Money saved. Thanks, IDW.

Only if you can transform into a plane.

So it's basically a "I have no strings on me" kind of deal.

Well IDW was the best young-adult thing we have. All the cartoons are still made using plots with the children demographic in mind.

Of course it can't be perfect forever.

I just really like murdermus Prime as a development. I know alot of OP fans detest it but they have four generations/versions worth of honest, decent Optimi. Just let us have this psycho soldier that isn't purple.

I honestly prefer the "kid" stuff

Roberts has devolved into "I'm writing clever just like Dr. Who!" bullshit

That's just one of the bad sides of comics. Eventually the free reign can get...political.

Still, I can still stand the comics enough. It just ain't gonna be consistently good like Rescue Bots

Optimus literally did nothing wrong in the movies
The psycho murderer is a meme

Why do you like it so much, though? To me, it is a terrible notion - Optimus being the one guy who just doesn't become corrupt. He's not human. He's not even a normal Transformer. He's above certain things - that's what being a true Prime is all about. Even in the movieverse, the original Primes sacrificed their lives to protect innocents.

Then again, the best villains are the guys who were supposed to have been heroes. IDW's Megatron falls into that category.

I think that Optimus being uncertain of what to do and increasingly morally murky works in IDW, because it's portrayed as a Bad Thing.
Bay's Optimus isn't like that. He's a violent, warlike face-taker because Bay thinks that's "more badass".

It's basically a mix of Bay's corrupted ideas that giant robot soldiers should be viking berserkers compared to humans. Taking into account that if that's how the movieverse Cybertronians are in their culture, then the idea
of the battle-tired monstrous slayer amuses me. He is a Prime, but in a world where even the Prime he knew would slay the many to appease the few, the title has lost its meaning, as did his arm and faith in humanity.

I'm not taking into account the other generations of Primes as they're their own thing. Basically an inconsistent grimdark version of Transformers, only with Optimus Prime being the only character to have character development. For what it's worth, I'm not as optimistic for the other bots to be part of the movieverse as plot related development, but I'm excited for Optimus Prime alone.

and Barricade because I'm a minorcharacter fag like that.

I don't care about the political stuff, or the LGBT stuff in MTMTE. What I hate is the whole fucking "Look at this clever twist I pulled off!" He's so fucking obsessed with pulling off a big fucking trick on the audience or so-called high literary concepts (A fucking machine that induces morality and makes Deathsaurus leave? We get it, this is a fucking fictional story.)

I mean shit. The Scavengers' ship is fucking called "The Weak Anthropic Principap." Those assholes. A bunch of idiots led by a guy who can't stop shooting his friends named themselves after a philosophical consideration. Yes Roberts, we realize you paid attention in college.

Add in the fact he has no sense of pacing, that every arc adds up to a big wet fart, everyone increasingly starting to talk EXACTLY THE SAME with quips and funny meta commentary the longer shit goes on, and him not being as socially aware as he likes to think he is, what used to be so fresh in MTMTE is now fucking aggravating.

I love shit like Chromedome and Rewind! But then he gets away with the Bury Your Gays shit and "fixes" it with a backup boyfriend? I'm queer as fuck myself and I found that plot twist insulting more than anything.

Was there ever an excuse to why Roberts did what he did? All I remember was that he did it because it had poetry/irony??

He did it because he wanted to pull sci fi doppelganger bullshit. The guy is influenced a lot by "high concept" (read: stuff like Dr. Who which likes to trick you into thinking it's smart when it's just nonsense). Either that or he killed Rewind and realized the longer he stayed dead he was gonna lose his bread and butter eventually and undid it.

I'm still pissed about this page.

It's so beautiful and meaningful, then 1 issue later BAM, it's all alright in one page.

No, make that PANEL.

I felt a bit more for Transformers Redemption and that had pretty meh art.