Why did it bombed?

it was an enjoyable film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NuQrmdu6quc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did it bomb?
It must've only cost $30 mill.

I don't recall it having a big marketing push plus I think it got overshadowed by all the upcoming Oscar talk and award season. I was expecting there to be an award campaign behind it or try and do that whole circuit thing but it never did

Because no one is going to run to the theaters to watch a movie about the history of McDonalds. It's a good movie but the kind you wait for dvd/Netlfix to watch, not spend $15 in the theater to see.

Mickey d's has too bad of a rep. People think it's just a blatant add.

i think so
>25 million budget
>24 million box office

I think it depends on who makes the film. No one thought about running to theatre and paying money to see a movie about the making of Facebook but when you get top tier filmmakers behind it you can get something great like Social Network. Other than Keaton there really wasn't any big name behind this, I still don't remember who the director was. Both movies are essentially about one guy screwing over everyone else to get to the top but the only thing The Founder had going for it was Keaton as opposed to the whole filmmaking team.

The >film Kroc'd itself

Incredibly boring concept for a movie. Nobody cares about how McDonalds was founded.

That's where you're wrong, sweetie, and that's why I'm gonna pirate this film eventually.

people like watching an asshole, they just don't like watching this kind of asshole.

Can anyone confirm if the only (as far as I know) song ever made about Ray Kroc was played at any point in the film or credits?

youtube.com/watch?v=NuQrmdu6quc
>these boys have got this down
>oughtta be a one of these in every town
>wham, bam you don't wait long
>shake, fries patty, you're gone

>and how about that friendly name?
>heck, every little thing oughtta stay the same
>or my name's not Kroc - that's Kroc with a 'k'
>like 'crocodile' but not spelled that way, now

WRONG

The trailer was the whole movie.

I watched it because it was streaming for free and it was well acted but contains exactly zero unexpected twists. It was basically just "salesman discovers a thing, builds it, takes control by legal means, now McDonalds exists, the end."

Not in the movie.

Because Americans have the attention span of a goldfish.

It was a weird combination of light hearted aspirational underdog and depressing asshole ruins peoples lives film.

Most of the Jobs documentaries also suffer from this.

It was an alright movie but it just sucked McDonalds dick. Like there were all these scenes just dedicated to "ooh wow this hamburger is the best and fast I love mcdonalds!!!"

The wile movie made me really hungry for In'N'Out though, since it basically keeps the original concept of high quality tiny menu.

What kind of twists were you expected? That the founder was a ghost all along and his business partners were split personalities of himself and didn't exist?

I thought it was a good movie.

have watched it more than once, which is rare for me

it didnt bomb, it broke even at the box office

It is an interesting concept seeing how one of the most successful businesses in the world got started through backstabbing and stealing other's ideas. But retards see it as a "mcdonalds movie" and not a business movie.

I didn't expect any twists, but it just means the actual true story is boring. Like I said, the trailer summarizes the whole movie. You don't need 2 hours of some fast food owner's life.

i've got bad news for you if you think a movie breaks even when the box office is equal to the budget

The problem isn't that it didn't make a lot, no one expected something like this to make millions, but people were expecting Keaton to get an Oscar for it, but he didn't even get a nom.

How the hell could this have cost more than 5 million? What a fucking scam.

I already knew McDonalds history, i watched it to see what kind of bullshit they would claim to seem like the nice guys. Turns out it shows the truth.

I watched this, the Big Short and War Dogs the same day. Loved all three.

Is there some essential kino like these that I should watch? Yeah, I've seen Wolf of Wall Street.

Have any of you guys seen Desperate Measures with Michael Keaton? Fucking awful movie, but I love escape scenes.

It a historical movie dumbass - what did you think was going to happen? Holy fuck - if you're looking for twists then then you must have been bored as shit with something like Lincoln.

wtf.

I enjoyed it - Keaton was good. It was interesting to see how Kroc fucked the McDonald's brothers.

I should have walked away disliking it - but I literally got hungry for an original cheeseburger haha.

he probably got plenty of om'nom'noms from all the mcdonalds he ate

You might like Margin Call, although I'd say it has a more serious tone than any of these. Maybe Moneyball too.

Finance-kino is underrated.

Fuck that. perfect credits song =/

I've seen Extreme Measures with Trevor Eve

had no idea about the real estate side of mcdonalds until i saw it to be honest