Surely the comic book universe where one character has a magic ring that makes whatever he can think of...

Surely the comic book universe where one character has a magic ring that makes whatever he can think of, where another character created himself with magical lightning, where a magic word changes a little boy into the world's mightiest mortal, where a genie from the fifth dimension shows up to cause havoc on Superman for shits and giggles and can be beat by making him say his name backwards, where colors are emotions and emotions are sentient is a universe that needs to be handled with utmost gravity and seriousness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5YjGrZYRAtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is Batman's forehead so tall?

Seriously, he reminds me of The Leader.

Surely the comic book universe where one person is the symbol of American ideals having a disagreement with another person whose background is literal war profiteering will resolve their difference in a brawl in an airport

He needs that much forehead room to scowl better.

I really like Batffleck. Which is strange, because I love Superman in everything else but the movies.

>UGH! ANYBODY HAVE A SLICED MEME?

>a universe that needs to be handled with utmost gravity and seriousness.
People say the issue with the DCEU isn't just the tone, and while I agree with that, Zack Snyder has still stripped the DC of its fun and innocent sense of wonder.

The DCEU was a mistake.

Is this a problem?

l'm not sure what point you're making other than 'I'm a bitter, jaded fan of the Distinguished Competition'. Iron Man literally abandoned arms dealing in his first movie after facing the damage his weapons had done.

Yet he still keep fucking up. That's the whole character of Iron Man. He can not not have a pathetic excuse of redemption arc

>Zack Snyder has still stripped the DC of its fun and innocent sense of wonder.
You stripped it from yourself. I'm having plenty of fun with the DCEU and I'm always wondering about what's coming next. It's amazing.

But you have shit taste, and is a giant fag.

>needs to be handled with utmost gravity and seriousness.

Better than quips and not giving a fuck about the story, villians and water down adult thems I can tell you that much

me too, I love the way things turned out, people are getting tired of the Marvel formula ( Strange can't beat SS even with China money ) and more and moe people are getting into DC characters, again.

You don't even know what quips means do you? I get shitting on the MCU, I do, but you just sound like a Sup Forums parrot

>wondering

More like dreading

Don't play dumb ''muh literal meaning of the words'' you know what means quips over here, it means bad comedy that is overused and fucks up the tension turning the whole thing into a kind of cringey action film.

Marvel movies are like a step backwards when it comes to high concept movies, is like Ninja Turtles 2, they hype super Shredder just to have him being defeated by wood falling on him or Jafar turning into an evil genie just to be trapped in the lamp without getting to use his powers.

That's how Marvel movies feel ''You don't come here to see a final boss battle, you come to see how the final boss is defeated in a comedic way! Dancing! Time loop played as a funny thing! Ultron doing a Looney Toons pose seconds before being punched really hard! Loki being thrown all over the place like a rag doll! The mandarin is a fart joke and Gwyneth Paltrow defeats the bad guy! And who can forget giant evil war ship falling safely into the ocean! Was it in Cap 1? Cap 2? it was in both!

Yep. Much better to have hollow, meaningless symbolism, direction, tone and writing that's all over the place, endless action scenes where the lives of civilians are totally ignored, inconsistent characterization that ignores decades of precedent and a completely bland color pallette.

Yes, the Marvel movies don't take themselves seriously and their villains are lacking. At least they're well made, aren't completely up their own asses and actually try to be consistent with how the characters are written.

Is that right? Sweet, because mister doctor was soulless toddler distracting garbage. Only evans cap still holds my respect

>Surely the comic book universe where one person is the symbol of American ideals having a disagreement with another person whose background is literal war profiteering will resolve their difference in a brawl in an airport

Where else would they settle their differences? Literally in front of the Lincoln Memorial?

>people are getting tired of the Marvel formula
Being a DCuck is suffering.
youtube.com/watch?v=5YjGrZYRAtc

>hollow, meaningless symbolism, direction, tone and writing that's all over the place, endless action scenes where the lives of civilians are totally ignored, inconsistent characterization that ignores decades of precedent and a completely bland color pallette.

Literally none of that was true though. The symbolism does have meaning, the direction, tone, and writing are all precise; the actions scenes are good and at proper times, civilians were saved (eg the helicopter guy in MoS), the characterizations were done right with good development, and the colors were great. Why do you insist on lying? Do you really think people aren't going to notice when your words don't line up with reality?

>MUH KINO
Zak, you're drunk. Go home.

>invisible "kino" in the post

Schizophrenia? Or a bot gone awry?

>people are getting tired of the Marvel formula

"we're sick of the good movies! give us a totally shitty movie for a change!"

>Suicide Squad

"hot DAMN!"

"Good"

That was funny. No, people have finally woken up and realized that shoveling garbage down their throats is bad for them, so they finally decide to eat a high quality 5 star meals (DCEU). Of course critics don't want other people to share in this bounty so they hide its quality.

do you truly believe it deserved that? do you really believe in rotten tomatoes?

Oh yeah. I love Ghostbusters, Sausage Party, Age of Ultron, and Force Awakens. Those were all examples of GREAT movies. Don't ask me why though.

Affluent white guy gets knocked down a peg or two, gets rebuked by his girlfriend (Rachel McAdams) when he needs her support the most, has an epiphany at the hands of an (inexplicably white) eastern master, and re-emerges as a superhero: Doctor Peculiar.

They are on the same tier as patethic shit like Snyderman, to be honest. But you are a contrarian, you lrobably think that Trankstatic and Green Lantern were good because they had shit reviews, because you DO ignore that most movies that ARE shit (like BvS and SS) get mediocre or bad scores.

I pity superman in the movies. Snyder fucked him up so badly.

Its not the killing, I'm fine with that. Its everything else about the characterisation.

That's what happens when you take your reading on the character from Frank fucking Miller.

I don't think he's as angry as Frank Miller Superman. He's just Bland as fuck.

>mfw
>hack snyder interview
>huuur Batman kills a lot in comics you know? Like on that Frank Miller comic, he kill people there, we were basing the chatacterization on it.

Nigga is fucking stupid.

Uh, no. If a movie is good then it's good, if it's bad then it's bad. I don't take critic scores into account. Sometimes they line up with reality, but it's random. I like BvS and MoS but also Dark Knight and Superman 1978. I don't care about popularity or whatever, just film quality.

Dc comics are better. Dc animated is better. Marvel live action is better. Marvel games are better.

HA!!!

Reminder that DCEUfags are literally the worst and to not even bother arguing with them. They're both in complete and utter denial and also dumb as fucking rocks.
>Trigger warning
martha/spoiler]

what game is that webm.

Marvel vs Dc by capcom.

BvS had too many plot holes and plot induced stupidity.

But I think that I'm just too smart or have standarts too high to enjoy a Snyder movie.

>BvS had too many plot holes and plot induced stupidity.
No, it didn't. I have yet to see a single "plot hole" that can't he explained by the movie. It's all oversimplification and journalism-tier misinterpretation. I don't know why you people continue to do this.

Superman didn't apprehend Batman after he went on his killing/destruction spree. He just told him to stop.

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?

>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?

>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?

>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?

>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?

>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?

>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?

>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.

>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?

>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?

>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!” or "I NEED YOUR HELP!"

>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?

>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?

>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.

>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?

>>Why this movie sells less DVDs than Deadpool?

Oh, you mean the totally important and essential killing spree that was completely negated by Batman just going to Lexcorp and stealing the Kryptonite afterwards? The killing spree that was totally essential to the plot and served a purpose (whatever that purpose is)?

Yeah, this Superman does that; it's his style. He lets the criminals go, as shown by Wally's newspapers. He's more worried about saving people than apprehending criminals. It's a nice contrast with Batman who is more worried about apprehending criminals than he is about saving people.

Plus he did say "consider this mercy." Wait, let me guess, this explanation "doesn't count"?

How's that a plot hole?

>Why

Why didn't he let Lex go then?
>I'll take you in without breaking you
Where was Lex's warning? He hadn't killed a tenth of the people Batman had just killed literally right in front of Superman.

>it's his style. He lets the criminals go
Which is why he's a shit Superman
>He's more worried about saving people than apprehending criminals.
Then why look into Batman in the first place? Why did he just stand there feeling sorry for himself in the court room as people burned to death all around him?
>let me guess, this explanation "doesn't count"?
You're right. The shitty fan theories you fags use to delude yourself into thinking this piece of shit was actually good don't count.

If they try a more light hearted tone in Justice League, it will still suck because it's a Zack Snyder movie/ WB will interfere with their awful taste and ruin it further ala Suicide Squad.

Also remember that DC already tried to do their films Marvel style.

Batman v Superman will be looked back on as not only the best superhero film ever made, but one of the greatest pieces of cinema of all time.

Not my fault you retards are too plebeian to understand true art.

DCucks will be looked back on as one of the most pathetic fanbases on the internet after the DCEU officially ends with Justice League.

Didn't you spam these before? Whatever. The other answers weren't as satisfying so I'll give it a shot.
>investigate
Batman investigated Superman. He had no need to find out his secret identity because his beef is with Superman, not the alter ego.
>criminals
Superman doesn't take criminals to jail in this version, unless the situation is extreme.
>bomb
Luthor successfully framed Wally until Lois exposed him.
>Doomsday
Luthor frequently does things with no backup plans. Read a comic for once in your life.
>father
Again, read a comic. Superman talks to Pa many times after his death. This was just a physical manifestation to help the audience know what was going on. Personally, I would prefer if this were literal instead of figurative, with Superman actually seeing his father with some sort of "spirit vision," but whatever.
>kill
Superman had tons of characterization, and this is a proper technique. It's not objectively bad.
>Clark
Superman is dead. Did you want someone else to impersonate Clark or something? Not a plot hole
>cast
Lois, Perry, Jenny, Lombard, Martha.

>agency
Loaded question. Substantiate your claim and I might consider answering this.
>cape
Everyone has genetic dispositions towards things. He just happens to have one towards capes due to his heritage. How is this bad?
>shout
Superman attemped to talk to Batman. Batman wouldn't listen and Superman lost his patience. Watch the movie.
>WW
It was a joke. Calm down.
>comics
I guess? I don't really care about casuals. This movie was for me. You'd have to be pretty casual to not know who the Flash is by now though
>flashbacks
It's not an objectively bad technique and worked well in this film
>credits
This way was fine. There's not one set way to introduce characters. Showing what other important characters are doing before a big scene is a proper technique. Watch more movies, read more comics, watch more shows.
>Deadpool
Because more people want to buy that DVD? What did you want here?

You're the deluded one mate.

Pleb

The problem with the GL movie was that it literally didn't even have a working script when they started filming. and even then I'd still rather re-watch it on loop over BvS.

sheeple, they don't give opinions they just say ''blablabla stupid as fuck! bland as fuck! fucking sucks''

>and even then I'd still rather re-watch it on loop over BvS

that's because you're a child and a simpleton

When Guardians out grosses Justice League next year, I will feast on your tears.

In all seriousness, how long can people can go on pretending to hate Zack Snyder movies for increasingly more obscure and ridiculous reasons

I mean the excuses to shit on Justice League will just be pathetic to watch!

>obscure and ridiculous
Right? I mean, there's no need to come up with some crazy, out there reason to hate the DCEU when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain how fucking shit the whole thing is. and I highly doubt that hack Snyder will have learnt his lesson for JL if JL could be fixed anyway considering how he already shit up the entire DCEU already with MoS and BvS

@88224663
you

I just wish it would be as fast and as easy to fix as it would be in comic books. Sure, Crisis on Infinite Earths would be amazing on the big screen, but there's no way that Warner Bros. would pay for that sort of spectacle.

>fun
Fuck this stupid shit. "Fun" does not have to be a prerequisite in a comic book movie.

Some of the best cape comics of all time are not fun in the slightest, in fact I'd say MOST of the ones that people remember as the greatest weren't fun or light in tone; Swamp Thing, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, the Killing Joke, Doom Patrol, and that's not even getting into the comics that are deconstructions of the entire idea of superheroes being silly or light in tone. Even All-Star Superman, which embraced the hyperbolic nature of Superman family comics in the 1950's, was quite self-serious.

Zack Snyder was 100% correct when he noted that it's difficult in this day and age to have two guys in tights trying to have a serious discussion with each other, because people have it in their heads that comics are silly and whimsical and aren't allowed to take themselves seriously.

It's like the exact opposite of how the comic industry was in the early 80's, pushing for stories to take themselves more seriously, make the worlds and characters feel more real and less like kids' fantasy.

You can defend the DCEU all day, but when people's best reaction to a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie is "meh...might be good", theres a fucking problem

>Swamp Thing
Not a Superman comic
>Doom Patrol
Not a Superman comic
>the Killing Joke
Not a Superman comic and only had real meaning with the 50+ years of previous stories and is written by fucking Alan Moore
>Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
Written by fucking Alan Moore and is supposed to be the final ever story for pre-Crisis Superman
>All-Star Superman
Which only has real meaning because of the 60+ years worth of previous stories that've come before.

I bet you think TDKR would be great as a stand alone live action movie as well?

>Zack Snyder was 100% correct when he noted that it's difficult in this day and age to have two guys in tights trying to have a serious discussion with each other
Yet fucking Marvel does it and people love it.
>people have it in their heads that comics are silly and whimsical and aren't allowed to take themselves seriously.
and having them scream MARTHA at each other is totally going to show them that comics are actually super serious and really only meant for intellectual and sophisticated adults such as yourself?

>make the worlds and characters feel more real and less like kids' fantasy.
To quote Grant Morrison
>"Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down."
Superman doesn't fucking work as a super serious, grim-dark, brooding idiot.

Marvel have embraced the comicbookyness with the MCU, hell if anything the MCU is MORE comicbooky that the actual Marvel-616 where everyone is a dick, and it's working out great for them.

Fuck this "realistic superheroes" shit.

If you can't see the difference between what Morrison was doing with All Star Superman, and whatever the fuck it is that Snyder thinks he's doing, then...

>this can't be given a serious spin
Are you dumb?

>He hadn't killed a tenth of the people Batman had just killed literally right in front of Superman

The bomb in the capitol surely killed more than the 4 or 5 henchmen that Batman killed.

>the 4 or 5 henchmen that Batman killed
Absolutely nothing wrong with that....fuck you Snyder

The point stands anyway. Apparently this Superman isn't concerned with bringing people in to face justice. Why would he care that Lex killed people when he was fine letting Batman go after killing a bunch right in front of him?

>Which only has real meaning because of the 60+ years worth of previous stories that've come before.
It stands on its own merits as a good story. I don't see your point here.

>I bet you think TDKR would be great as a stand alone live action movie as well?
Is there a reason it couldn't be?

How about these:
What's so Funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way?
Red Son
Superman and the Hollow Men
Superman in Super Town

And probably a bunch of others. These are just the ones I can think of right now.

>Yet fucking Marvel does it and people love it.
When have they ever had a serious conversation?

>MARTHA
Great scene. Is this a problem for you?

>Superman doesn't fucking work as a super serious, grim-dark, brooding idiot.
Good thing he's not then. I'm not seeing the issue.

You do realize that having Superman in a worse earth is better than having him in a perfect one, right?

Tell that to Nolan, he started it

Snyder is only aping him badly

Whatever you think about Nolan or Snyder I can't see how you can say their styles are similar.

No it can't.