Are you ready to watch your favorite Holiday special, The Elf on the Shelf™? Its a Holiday Tradition©!

Are you ready to watch your favorite Holiday special, The Elf on the Shelf™? Its a Holiday Tradition©!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dxtx0jFbthc
youtube.com/watch?v=BVFlgTTLO6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ah yes, the tradition of scaring your kid to be good during December rather than actual disaplin or letting kids be kids.

what the fuck is elf on the shelf

who is this elf on a shelf?

literally what is this

FUCK YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY.

You don't just DECLARE something is a holiday tradition, you money-grubbing asswipes! You let it happen organically!

Also, your concept is inherently creepy, your cartoon is shit, and you're trying to turn America into 1984!

Good DAY TO YOU SIR!

So this and Polar Express TRY to be Christmas classics.
What other movies do the same?

Happy Love Day everyone!

Capitalists aee about 200 years past needing to stop.

Some tripfag on Sup Forums ruined this for me

Is Elf on the Shelf the biggest forced meme of all-time?

Sure as shit ain't a tradition in my family

More like this. The Polar Express only missed its mark critically.

Its up there, they also have spinoffs too

Fuck I hate that elf. When I see it in the store I instantly become angry and begin internally ranting to myself.

It doesn't really have a cartoon special now, does it?

The very idea behind elf on a shelf is creepy as fuck.
He's Santa's smug little snitch, watching down on the kids.
It's promotion of surveillance culture for children.

I think it's mostly american. A couple of years ago, somebody made a hit selling these little elf dolls, claiming it was a "family tradition" they just came up with off the top of their head one year. The custom they invented goes, that you buy this special trademarked doll, and you put it on a shelf in your home. You tell your kids that the doll is a real elf sent from Santa to watch the children and later tell Santa if they've been good enough to receive presents. The kids are told that if they touch the doll they instantly will not receive presents. Then the parents move the doll to various places in the house during the month of December to make it seem as though the elf is moving on its own.

It's really fucked up for several reasons, imo.

Boco, shut up and get back on your fucking shelf.

>Holiday Special
ITS CHRISTMAS SPECIALS.

Seconding request for sauce.

>disaplin
>this entirely retarded post

underage b&

No, mensch on a bench is

I've never heard of this until like last year. No one I know does this.

I remember last year this came up at work once when my coworker mentioned getting it for her kids. I kinda voiced my opinion a little about how I don't like it, firstly because it's superficial and forced and kinda shits all over real traditions. She replied "Well, yeah, I guess I kinda don't really like it either. But, y'know, all of the other kids' families are all doing it. And it's not like you can just say 'no.'"

Now, I left it at that and got back to work because I don't have kids of my own and I try not to start shit with the whole 'backseat parenting' thing. But, still: what the fuck kind of attitude is that?

>forced

Like saying Beanie Babies were forced.

Forced would be if nobody bought these things but they kept pushing them anyway. They're only pushing the brand because the initial toy was a fucking money-maker.

I know, right?

Who spells disaplen with two i's?

Polar Express is legit based on an actual classic, at least. Would not be surprised if that was the most played 90s tape behind the Macarena.

>When I see it in the store I instantly become angry and begin internally ranting to myself.
>and begin internally ranting to myself

autism

She's just a bad parent dude

Peer pressure, user. She doesn't want her kids to be the scrooges that aren't enjoying something that their other friends are enjoying. They would miss out on the social experience of sharing something in common, even if they all end up hating it later on. It gives them something to bond over.

Also if you don't think those that celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday don't think the whole santa and presents business isn't "superficial", then I don't know what to tell you. All of it IS superficial, especially since there isn't a parent on earth who doesn't give their kids presents even if they're misbehaving little shits so long as they aren't in juvie.

Epin

>mfw we only call shit "holiday" to not offend jews

The majority of African Americans celebrate Christmas like everyone else because Kwanzaa is such a shitty Hanukkah knock-off and Hanukkah already blows chunks.

Literally everyone else in the US celebrates Christmas. Ramadan already ended during this summer and it's going to continue to get further away from Christmas until 2030.

The only "holiday" that matters is Christmas.

It just kinda rubs me the wrong way that the attitude of "everyone else in the neighborhood is doing it, so despite our objection, we will do it too" is teaching these children to be a tad more conformist. Conforming can be good sometimes but here it just seems excessive and unnecessary.

Also the parents' complete lack of balls in that they are unable to deny their children of something desired while simultaneously engaging in a made up scare tactic to get them to behave just feels so cowardly. Like, they can't be the "bad" parent that doesn't give them something, but they're okay hiding behind this elf to provide authority.

I can handle the Santa myth itself a lot better because it at least has some history and culture behind it and didn't originate out of the blue as a marketing ploy.

What about New Years?

I always feel bad it gets so overshadowed by Christmas.

>Tie the elf up with rope
>hide it somewhere
>leave only a small piece of cookie for it to barely survive on
Not snitching on me to Santa this time you fucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=dxtx0jFbthc

I aint letting one of these shits into my house. This false idol little fucker would offend away all my genuine good house spirits.

This. It normalizes a lack of privacy and promotes distrust. These are the little boys and girls that are going to grow up to be the kind of husbands and wives that search through their spouse's cell phones and browser histories to see if they're being cheated on. They're gonna be the kind of parents that reads their kids' diaries and put security cams in their kids' rooms and awkwardly witnessed their kids' first masturbatory experiences on camera. They're going to be the kind of voters that don't just think that government surveillance of citizens' private lives is acceptable, but that it's necessary. They are being taught from a young age that when somebody has authority, that means they have a right and duty to monitor the private actions of those they have authority over, with the assumption of wrongdoing and a need to confirm innocence, rather than just placing faith and trust in people.

I like the more friendly christmas movies where characters are openly grumpy sometimes

>genuine good house spirits.

Sounds like you need an exorcism.

>he wants to exorcise his domovoi

Try having your birthday on New Years. Sucks, man.

Boco being right in something? woah

>being a gypsy

Don't make me curse you. Or grant you a favor.
Which is the same as cursing you.

>elf on a shelf
>not the Hebrew knockoff

Goy, please...

Does it come with a model train set?

Oh Christ

This really is terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=BVFlgTTLO6Q

Polar Express came out in 2004.

I like him.
He seems nice.

Yeah, but the book itself is kind of a classic

Fuck it is real. I was hoping OP was just pretending to make the subject Sup Forums related and that his screenshot was from Polar Express or something.

Reminder that the Elf on the Shelf was created by Jews who don't even believe in Christmas and marketed by a Jewish marketing firm for $175 million to force feed it into American culture. By supporting it you're literally being exploited like a little bitch.

Well, he's infinitely less creepy than the Elf, which is impressive given his wall eye'd stare, and ear to ear grin.

See? See?

This one feels like he's more open and transparent about wanting my money.

He'll give you good investment advice.

when this shit was on cartoon network, i thought it was just a really bad movie. didn't know it was also jew scheming to make money from a """""tradition"""""

I felt unsettled by that fucking thing the very first time I saw it at my aunt's house.
There's no way children actually like that creepy little shit watching them with its dead eyes.

Marmalademan.

You wanna know whats really a downer?

The shit CGI elf thread has gotten over 60 replies meanwhile a true Christmas classic thread is on page 15, with only about 3 replies.

Its more fun to make fun of bad stuff.

It watches you masturbate.

They're not even allowed to turn the thing to face the wall.

I get to openly talk with my friends about how much we fucking love Muppet's Christmas Carol every year for like a decade now. I come to Sup Forums to bitch about shit I hate.

What if you don't have friends ,and you come to Sup Forums to talk about the stuff you love with others?

Then you should go over to that thread and try to keep it alive and hope like minded people will do the same.

Why is this less creepy than the elf?

The elf is made of plastic and constantly glares off into one direction.

The Elf on the Shelf balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, it looks like he's taking a shit on the city.

kek

Well, at least it's only actually 20 minutes long. It's pretty shit but it coulda been a lot worse.

>You're getting SHIT for Christmas!

Everyone keeps saying Elf on the Shelf is a "Christmas tradition" but I'm fucking 29 and I swear I never heard about it until a year or two ago.

It's the popular culture equivalent of a forced meme.

Does it complain about white people all day?

It was made up in 2004.

That's what I figured. I just hate how normies can't into words having meanings. "Tradition" sounds cool so just use that word! Even though it makes no sense.

(I guess 8 years of something could be a tradition but still. They act like it dates back to the 20s or something. And social media just flamed up the problem. Normie Mom sees other Normie Mom doing it and does it herself).

if there was ever a TV special that would summon snakes and bugs to kill children, this would be it

Baby's first surveillance state

>Elf on a Shelf special is broadcasted
>suddenly MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS SILVER SHAMROCK
>all elves on shelves around the country suddenly explode into horror creatures

he sees you

new years is for adults.
desu from dec 1 - 24 I say merry Christmas and from the 26th to the 31rst I say happy new years

I work for Amazon and we ship out a depressing number of these creepy fucks every day

The inventors claim it was an old family tradition of theirs going back generations, but yeah, for everybody that buys the trademarked boxed set, it's more like a fad.

is he trying to set his hat on fire?

so it's a weeping angel then

You know you say they came up with it off the top of their head but my parents used to tell me invisible elves were watching us from our neighbor's roof or at school or whatever to make sure we were good during christmastime so I dunno.

At least they just ruined something nobody actually likes unlike that one that ruined Cromartie for everyone.

i hate these fuckers so much

stinky pants