If they did this the other way around, Black Lives Matter and such would go berserk

If they did this the other way around, Black Lives Matter and such would go berserk.

Of course. Get white Storm and watch fireworks.

k

Okay.
Why should we care again?

Honestly Barbara being a cop seems a bigger change than being Black.

why did they make babs a darkie?

Also is she going to fuck batman in this?

Cool story, OP

How? She is commissioner in Beyond

I mean being both Batgirl and a Cop at the same time.

You're right. To be fair and balanced, they should really have changed some of the characters who aren't white in the comics to be white. Let's go with - hmm. Well, we could make - no, that doesn't work. Oh, there's Two-Face - oh, but he is white in the comics.

What a shame. Seems that there just aren't any black characters that we can turn white to be balanced. Maybe in the next movie, then!

Dick did that.

how is that a bigger change? anybody can change careers, you can't just become black.

Dick was Batgirl?

Michael Jackson became white.

>how is that a bigger change?
Because being white isn't as integral to a character that has appeared in throughout history as a character's career
It's like saying James Bond being an ice cream man and having to do nothing with any sort of spy work or secret service isn't as big of a deal as him being played by a black character

His nose also fell off when he sneezed so I don't think he's good choice.

Nah. It's a change, sure, but not a huge one, and it makes sense for an adult Barbara.

Make new characters instead of changing the race of existing ones?

See what people like you don't seem to realize, is that diversity is not just adding more black people.

Barbara Gordon is a light skinned redhead. Just because her skin happens to be white, does not mean that she doesn't represent diversity.
O right, but discrimination only is about black people, right?
People with red hair should just suck it up, because they're not diverse enough, and also... they have no souls, right?

I'm pretty sure I read a comic where Barbara wants to be a cop like her dad, but can't because she doesn't meet height and weight requirements. Not being able to help people as a cop is part of her motivation for becoming Batgirl.

>Make new characters instead of changing the race of existing ones?
People do that, they fill roles with new characters, but people still get upset
Ms. Marvel, The Hulk, Spider-man, etc etc
New black/minority characters appear all the time to fit various roles, but people get super upset when non-whites take mantles that white characters held.
People are super okay with there being 5+ robins, but there can't be a black batgirl named barbara gordon

>People with red hair should just suck it up
The barbara gordon in this has red hair, what is your point?

You know I'm ok with a black Gordon fanily retcon. It doesn't seem as blatantly pandering as a lot of recent race change trash

I wouldn't mind if Batgirl #4 is black. It looks pretty good with that shade of purple. Maybe have a Batgirls title with Babs as Oracle supervising Steph as Spoiler, Cass as Orphan or Black Bat, and the rookie Blackgirl

That's just it though. It's not Barbara. You can have 47 non-white robins for all I care, they just better not be named Dick Grayson, Carrie Kelly, etc

Yeah but that doesn't trigger Sup Forums's victim complex

Point me to a black woman with natural flowing red hair.
Also, watching the trailer, this version of Barbara has a total "I'm Joining the club, Ya'll!" vibe like Ghostbusters 2016.

The point is natural redheads get plenty shit coming their way on a daily basis.

Sure there can be a black Batgirl. There was an asian Batgirl too, but they didn't turn Barbara Gordon into an asian to get there.

>It's not Barbara
It's fine if you think of it as not being Barbara
It's just a different Barbara Gordon who is a cop and black
>the better not be named Dick Grayson, Carrie Kelly, etc
why?

Oh my god, who cares? They changed her skin color because they got Rosario Dawson to play her. Why do you people get so upset over stupid shit like this?

>"I'm Joining the club, Ya'll!" vibe

pretty sure that's there from the start in the 60s

I AM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW

IRONIC THAT THIS PEOPLE WHO CLAIM """""GENOCIDE"""" WAS CARRIED OUT AGAINST THE JEWS ARE NOW CARRYING OUT LITERAL GENOCIDE AGAINST MY PEOPLE

>why?

Because those are existing characters. How is this difficult to understand?

>that
>Black
They already had a black lady voice her in the arkham games funny enough

>you people

Who are you?

It doesn't matter if a character is race changed in adaptations.

The only Batgirl that matters is the Asian one so I don't give a shit.

no but he dicked her

Not like this. She talks... typical.

>she's black so she can only play black characters
That's racist.

>Point me to a black woman with natural flowing red hair.
pic related

>Also, watching the trailer, this version of Barbara has a total "I'm Joining the club, Ya'll!" vibe like Ghostbusters 2016.
The origins of batgirl have that sort of vibe, she just made her costume and essentially took up the mantle without Batman's permission
But she had promise (and a banging body) so he let her in

>The point is natural redheads get plenty shit coming their way on a daily basis.
Don't natural redheads of other races with different skin tones get shit from redheads with lighter skin because they just assume they aren't natural/don't exist?

>but they didn't turn Barbara Gordon into an asian to get there
If your point is that they didn't do it before so why would they do it now, then why not do it now so if they need to do it again in the future they can do it again?
"It's never been done before" isn't a good reason to not do something

Yeah? Where is that Batgirl now?

But she isn't black...?

>Barbara Gordon is a light skinned redhead. Just because her skin happens to be white, does not mean that she doesn't represent diversity.

>Afro-Cuban, Puerto Rican, Irish and Native American
>lel black
Can someone explain this to me? The character here looks more latina than black too.

Because this is a shitty bait thread.

>rosario dawson
>black

Ehh, I don't mind race swapping in general so long as we have a talented actor playing the part, for instance the Hugo Strange we had in Gotham, Nick Mother Fucking Fury in MCU, hell Two Face in Lego Batman, but if you get some black bitch with no presence to play a white character I do reee a little

Race is determined by the one drop rule in order to preserve the elite exclusivity of whites.

That's not flowing red hair, dumbass.

And the point was that Cassandra Cain was a new character created for a new Batgirl. That's how this should be done.

>Because those are existing characters
So superboy-prime shouldn't have been written because clark kent already existed?
Didn't Superman die and get replaced by a different version of himself? And hasn't that happened many times throughout history?

It's a different universe, Batman isn't also a master builder who can shape the very environment into other things to suit his needs. Why can't Barbara be a different race?
It's not the exact same Barbara.

I think it's pretty funny that redheads are such a small number of actual people, but they're everywhere in comics because comic artists want to bang them.

Arkham Asylum/City Babs voice >>>>> Arkham Knight Babs voice

Fact

Also her Arkham Asylum/City VA did voice work for the BTAS Animated Movies in Mystery of the Batwoman as the daughter of one of the Mob Boss

anyone else really want the mutant leader figure

i WANT TO DROWN IN THAT RED SEA

>That's not flowing red hair, dumbass.
I guess I don't really understand what flowing means
Like this?

>And the point was that Cassandra Cain was a new character created for a new Batgirl.
And now, in the lego Universe, Barbara Gordon is black
That's how this was done

So is Commissioner Gordon now black?

Why not make Alfred Black then?

that girl's cute user

One thing I find ironic about this is that for decades, legos deliberately went with primary color yellow for all characters. No exceptions, because they wanted to be post racial.

At some point, they added black legos. I"m no /toy/man but I think it was with a licenced movie or something.

And now, it's sort of simpsons race rules, I guess. I wonder how legos will do asian characters. Since hollywood gives no fucks about asians, It may be a while before we find out.
Rachel Dolezal. Shaun King.

Race rules are moving away from genetics and parentage and towards 100 percent self identification.

In this case, they're making the races match the voice actor races. Billy Dee Williams, and Dawson. The voice actors are also well established, well loved, and fitting for the characters. They're also keeping important parts of the look of batgirl, by giving her a massive henna addiction for the red hair. Most importantly, they aren't claiming that it's some sort of civil rights revolution.

>Half white
>Still has Nappy hair

Bad luck.

White Bane?
European Ras Al Guhl?(as opossed to Persian)
White Doodlebug?

Who would watch a movie with that?

He means not curly or wavy.

Guess by that voice actor idea we need to change Samurai jack into a Black guy.

Oh wait, good voice actors don't just sound like their stereotypes.

>Nappy
that's not what that means

Because he's not played by a black guy.
>At some point, they added black legos. I"m no /toy/man but I think it was with a licenced movie or something.
It was for Lando, yes, because he didn't look right in yellow. It's why they moved to fleshtones for licenced characters, so they could keep the idea that yellow didn't necessarily mean white.

>I wonder how legos will do asian characters.
I think they do them like Simpsons actually, make them paler.

So how does that work then?

Maybe the shitty voice actors should stop sounding like stereotypes.

Look at Clancy Brown. He can play any race.

she can just straighten it if it's that big of a deal
or is hair care and maintenance not a part of the batgirl identity?

Bane was Half English though, so him being a dark skinned beaner was always stupid.

Not being black was part of her Identity quite a bit.

>Maybe the shitty voice actors should stop sounding like stereotypes.
Honestly, if Shaolin Showdown weren't such a decent show, I would have never watched it after hearing Tara Strong

>Not being black was part of her Identity quite a bit.
So why is batgirl black in the lego movie sequel?

>White Doodlebug?

What?

He only showed up in Beware the Batman, and he was black then, too. I think they even made Junkyard Dog a Latino.

Because the voice actor can't sound like a white person?

>Two Face is black
>Commishoner Gordon is Black
>Babs is Black
>Catwoman is black

Yeah, but why?

>Because the voice actor can't sound like a white person?

DC wants those SJWbux.

Why not just use Cass? Or have Batwing in it?

No. We don't HAVE to. But we COULD, and in Samurai Jack's case the show would still work.

The show isn't even particularly japanese to begin with.

And you're right. Voice actors don't have to match the race of the voices they play.

The rules are more based on what triggers the audience into protests, and what execs think sells tickets than anything consistent or rational.

Except that's true, she sounds like a 30 year old Black Woman.

Ergo, they need to make Batgirl black so her voice fits.

Asians aren't colored enough. Not marketable.

Because Billy Dee Williams
Because Babs is
Because her voice actor is
Because Frank Miller version, maybe?

....She's not black you mongs. she's latina or tanned.

Bunch of whiny faggots.

>implying the show would still work without a japanese main character
I seriously hope you guys don't do that

>No. We don't HAVE to. But we COULD, and in Samurai Jack's case the show would still work.
>
>The show isn't even particularly japanese to begin with.

Except of course... Jack being a Samurai, with his dad being a Shogun.

So because of excuses to add black people.

>>Catwoman is black

user pls

>Except that's true, she sounds like a 30 year old Black Woman.
*Afro-Latina Woman

Isn't Rosario half-black? Couldn't Gordon have been white and his wife black?

The Dark Knight Returns Catwoman isn't black though

>So because of excuses to add black people.
Yeah
Just because you call them excuses doesn't mean they aren't reasons to do that thing

The show becomes more afro samurai.

Frank Miller was a big Batman TV show fan. I think it goes back to Eartha Kitt for this one.

Wow, so she's half beaner, how interesting and totally not conradictory to Batgirl's Identity.

At least some of the sets are pretty cool.

Lego speed racer did asians iirc

Well here is a question.

Why Those characters?

Why no Black Riddler or Black penguin?

Why no Black Alfred? Why no Black robin?

>totally not conradictory to Batgirl's Identity
I agree user
so why are we fighting?

They only added one so far as I can tell and he already had the role over 20 years ago so it's nearly a reprisal.

>Why no Black robin?
But Duke is already a thing, and he's better than Robin.

I don't particularly mind it, there are so many interpretations of these characters these days, it's not some blatant jarring difference to me anymore. At least the voice actor idea is better than, say, making Johnny Storm black because he's friends with the director.

Though in fairness, what OP said is true. If it's any other race but white, it's celebrated and defended, but if a character is made white, there's outrage and cries of whitewash.

Because historical precedence and Lego stuff tends to be a celebration of the entire franchise across history.

If there were a black Alfred ever, then they'd conceivably have done a black Alfred. And you'd piss and moan about that too like a bitch.

Could you imagine a White Cyborg or Static shock?

When where Batgirl or Gordon ever Brown?

>Catwoman is black
Well, who else would be stealing that much shit?

>If it's any other race but white, it's celebrated and defended
I don't get this logic that says that no one complains about black/diversity washing in a thread that's complaining about it.

BOTH cases have their defenders and critics and whiny pissants that blow this shit out of proportion. Change is resisted by autists, regardless of what direction that change is in.

Sonic's arms are blue once and idiots lose their goddamn minds.