Wooooooooow...Bendis just literally ended all racism in the world. You hear that, Black people. You're welcome!

Wooooooooow...Bendis just literally ended all racism in the world. You hear that, Black people. You're welcome!

You reading too much into this panel Sup Forums

>3 Bendis' waifu in one panel.

Bendis just literally ended all racism in the world?

What happened to the old, cool Luke Cage?
He wouldn't have said dumb shit like "spider-man is a kid of colour now".

>kid of color

How is this any better than just calling him a nigger? Dumb liberals are so far up their own ass.

>Bendis tries to push Miles as a positive role model because he's Spider-Man and Black
>Bendis goes on to create Riri Williams another Black character and right off the bat in her backstory, Chicago gang warfare is involved
GG Bendis

In-universe, does Spider-Man mean anything to people? As in, people would care about who Spider-Man is more than they would care about other heroes?

Now he gets to do the "I am black JJJ is racist!" defence without it being a lie.

not really, he's just one of a hundred different costumed super heroes in the same city.

This is supposed to be interpreted negatively right? Like when Miles was complaining about the girl gushing over how spider-man being black was cool.

How miles feeling about all this? Last I saw he wasn't crazy about it

People hate spiderman generally, its all "HE'S A MENACE" and shit.

Now the cops will have twice the reason to shoot at spidey

Bendis takes care of his wife's children, he's hip with the struggle

Racism will never go away. There will always be brown people

Captain America being black would mean something to people in-universe, and this is shown, but even then many people hate him.
Spider-Man being black would be met with a shrug by everyone, especially since the normal Spider-Man is still around.

wow, subtle

>an actual black man using the phrase "kid of color"

white people need to be stopped

I guess the message is that if you're a person of color, you don't get a choice in how you live your life. It's your responsibility to represent your race in a positive light. Whether you like it or not.

He means something to other heroes, but not the general public.

So I guess all black people are ambassadors of their race.

But for a long time marvel has written it as if all the other heroes detest spiderman utterly and can barely stand to be around him

With shittier PR.

>He means something to other heroes
Like what? Most of them find him annoying.

What does marvel have against their heroes actually respecting each other and being comrades nowadays?

the other heroes are such fuckin stiffs

As far as your average man on the street would know, Spider-man could have always been black. Kind of hard to play identity politics when you wear a full body costume.

Most heroes respect each other and will act chummy and friendly during down time, even Bendis understood this. Spider-Man is the exception because everyone finds him annoying, same applies to Deadpool (not even Spider-Man can stand him).

Especially because you know if Luke was real he would have said Spider-Man is a nigga now.

Only Marvel writers seem to find him annoying considering the lengths they go to shit on him.

I assume it's just forced writing cause they think Spider-Man needs to have a straight man to play off of.