First picture of Annihilation

>In the science fiction film Annihilation, Natalie Portman plays a scientist named Lena, who is part of an expedition tasked with exploring an area which has been taken over by a mysterious force. “[She] finds a very strange, dream-like, surrealist landscape, and goes deeper and deeper into that world, and also into that mindset,” says writer-director Alex Garland (Ex Machina). Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tuva Novotny, Gina Rodriguez, and Tessa Thompson costar as her fellow team members, while Oscar Isaac plays Portman’s husband.

>One other character of note featured in the film? An alligator, as is revealed in EW’s exclusive first look photo, above. “It is their first tangible encounter with something strange,” says Garland. “The alligator has physical elements to it that should not belong on an alligator. They’re starting to get their heads around how weird the place is.”

Anyone read the book? It sounds like an all female Ctankep.

>Alex Garland

Mr. Middlebrow

>leaning into the mouth to look at something that's in your hand, just for the suspense value

I hate how tarded writers, directors, and actors make people out to be.

so the alligator plays the boar ? are they scared of bobbyposters or something ?

>uggo mole-faced rat
Already not interested. She ruins every movie she's in, worst part of Thor by far.

hell this surely sounds quite lovecraftian

user I'm not sure if you realize but there's this thing called motion, and what you're probably seeing is a snapshot of Portman already moving away from the creature to investigate the sample she took.
Basically, you're a moron crying about stupid shit that anyone with a brain would realize.

you know when you take something out of the mouth your hand and the object dont immediately teleport outside of it and if that object surprises you you might pause for a second .

>what is a production still
>what is a clearly dead animal

no bully pls

After Beautiful Girls it was all downhill

>those man hands

downhill to an oscar?

>while Oscar Isaac plays Portman’s husband

GUATEMALED

She didn't deserve it, her acting got progressively worse as time went on, hell she barely did any of the dancing in Black Swan, fucking fat fraud.

damn why can't she lose weight?

I've read It and the second book. Annihilation is alright. Authority was shit. Never bothered with the third. It's not particularly remarkable and nothing really happens beyond some spooky shit that isn't really explained though.

Interesting factoid about alligators. That man could never hold the alligator's mouth open, no matter how strong he is. The way their jaw muscles are set, the force they clamp down with is several times stronger than what any human could resist. HOWEVER, they only work one way. An eight year old could hold an alligator's mouth shut.

>clearly visible boob
>man

>That man could never hold the alligator's mouth open, no matter how strong he is.
What about if it's dead? Also I think that's a woman

I read it, and remember thinking it was unfilmable

Sounds like The Drowned World.

If it's not based on The Drowned World then it probably is based on something that ripped off The Drowned World

Don't ever fucking reply to me again.

Traps aren't gay

They forgot to paint the alligator.

In the book trilogy, nothing happens. It's all characters' internal monologues and thoughts about what this strange place might be. For three books. And it's never explained.

Good luck dumbing that down into a jumpscare movie.

>no man can hold an alligators mouth open
>*pulls off helmet*
>I am no MAN

I've been excited for this for a while. This is kind of a lame picture to use as a "first look". Hopefully it has some good cinematography. Alex Garland is usually pretty good but Natalie Portman in a starring role worries me.

Looks like it's dead

I was kinda looking forward to this until I saw Ex Machina. Worst ending in a movie ever.

That's what VanderMeer does. Roll out bullshit, and then end the book. It's why he's a hack.

What? The ending was great. Do you need a happy endings for your movies or what?

Not a good first impression. A flat shot of Natalie Portman with a dumb look on her face

I was expecting the movie to revolve around her understanding the real world and her dilemma of knowing she's not human . Finally got what I wanted watching Westworld.

Oh fuck they're making a movie out of this? I loved the books. I always thought it would work pretty well as a TV series, maybe a miniseries. Hope it works as a movie, although I don't know if it will

>the movie was bad because it wasn't a completely different movie
Stop

>very strange, dream-like, surrealist landscape
100 Films That Will Leave You Mind Fucked

95. Annihilation

yassss second oscar for /ourgal/ hershlag incoming

>finds a very strange, dream-like, surrealist landscape,
I'm sure it's very lovecraftian, positively lynchian, definitely kafkaesque.

How do you know it's not explained if you never read the third book?

>veiny tits
Based.

>what are pecs
Not everyone is a dyel lankcuck like you.

i read a lot of the first book. all i remember is an underground tower and some kind of jelly monster