Will Ireland ever be completely united again?

Will Ireland ever be completely united again?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650475/More-mass-baby-graves-Ireland-Prime-Minister-Enda-Kenny-orders-investigation-memorial-800-dead-babies-planned.html
theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/05/ireland-magdalene-laundry-system-apology
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/10885038/More-Irish-mass-graves-likely-to-be-found-warns-Archbishop-of-Dublin.html
mofa.go.jp/files/000185466.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only if the next king is strong enough

You know you live in a cucked nation if you share a fucking island with someone else

Depends on whether the republic will get a good chancellor or not

it was part of the uk.

Remove tea and crumpets.

Northern Ireland will never become a part of the republic.

Irelands current President looks like a major cuck lol

Not originally Ireland has always been culturally a separate country from the UK

Then ruler of Northern Ireland will need to marry his son to queen of England, change religion to sunni and holy war republic

But why not? Its Irish soil not British.....

CKII?

Fuck

There's no such thing as Irish they've been anglicized.

fuckin potato niggers and their IRA sunni/sheeeit bullshit

No

Always fancied visiting Ireland, I am from the Highlands and live in the arse end of nowhere (Ullapool) so haven't encountered many Irish people.

Is it safe for British people? Do they hate us?

Of course its safe,we dont hate you senpai

Irish and English are two completely separate people, Its not like the Scots who are also Saxon like the English, Irish are not Saxons

Good to hear, thanks. Any places in particular you would recommend visiting?

I tend to prefer smaller villages as opposed to cities, but would probably at least see Dublin. Would take the car so free reign to explore etc.

>Irish and English are two completely separate people

So are the Catholics and Protestants, which is why there won't be a United Ireland in the near future.

> no we dont hate you, we will just steal from you when youre visiting

but thats every tourist in ireland

ive always seen irish fight to take back north ireland as a struggle to spread gay rights there

Small villages are all shit holes with nothing to see. Don't bother.

Reminder that there is no such as British, they have been celticized since they moved there.

>Its Irish soil
Nope, It's Northern Irish.
>But why not?
UVF, Majority support union with England. Recruits from ROI join the British army. Ireland doesn't have one.

Of course it will.

United under British rule.

If the fucking pussies had joined us in the second world war they'd be independent and united right now.

But no. They were FUCKING PUSSIES, and refused. They would rather kill civilians from their own country than do anything worthwhile.

cities are shithole, all of them

STFU PUSSy nazis were the good guys

You should go to the west coast ,if you have enough time you should do the wild atlantic way.

Where's the fucking difference anyway? Grown up people still arguing over religion in modern Europe.

Bundoran.

It's not to do with religion, it's do with identity.

The Protestants are mostly British descent and want to stay in the UK.

The Catholics are mostly Irish descent and want a United Ireland.

This isn't always the case, but broadly speaking this is the difference.

So what you're saying is Ireland is just a shithole...

I learned nothing new today.

I seriously don't get why they love independance

>all their badass military history is in the 4empire
>they're broke
>no one cares about catholics and protestants anymore
>they get a free ticket out the eu

You're Scottish. The Irish would consider you a cousin.

So if the cities are shitholes and the villages are shitholes what does that tell you about Ireland?

Why debate these cunts? They have no idea of the situation.

Also, they won't know most folk in Eire couldn't give two fucks about Ulster. It's the, as you say, Catholic minority that cause the most stink.

I always thought the British Isles looked like a pair of ducks. Is that just me?

>I am from the Highlands

You know when you talk to a Sassenach, they ask you to slow down?

Be prepared, for the first time in your life, to have to ask someone else to slow down when they're speaking.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

The Irish don't mind the Scottish because they share a common dislike of the english. Other than that they're indifferent about it

I'm Scottish and live in Ireland. Also I hate it here.

You'd know, eh? You ever live in either country?

They would consider him a Scottish guy and won't give him any bother or automatic friendship. As they would also an Englishman.

English ?

Over 100k Irish people fought in World War 2.

I might also say, the only ones who would actually give a fuck if you were British / Irish / Scottish / English / Ulsterman, would be a poor person.

A poor person's opinion means nothing.

Yes. I have the benefit of living in both countries.

They must have been heroes when they came back!!

Surely the noble Irish masses would have applauded such heroism!

You've integrated perfectly. Funny thing is, lots of English are moving here to retire. Something about our nice, white, calm society being like what England used to be before muzzies and chavs.

Do the Irish people even want a united Ireland or do they just not care anymore?

Why do you even fucking care? We have much bigger fish to fry in OUR country.

OP probably calls himself "Irish-American".

Only if the british side gets dirt poor.

You were as bad and worse than the Nazis. Anyway, Ireland had little except fodder to contribute to the war, and the idea of an Irish state that had just had a bloody revolution to become inedependent of Britain sending more young men to die in Britain's service was too much to take. The Nazis liked and respected us as a culturally distinct race, Churchill still had designs on conquering Ireland. Fuck him and fuck you.

Ireland has never really been a country. without outsiders it just turnes into somalia level bs. vikings raped them and gave them their capitol. anglo/normans raped them so they would become civilized just a little bit.. now they are pretty much run by banks. its like eastern europe without the history. even jews never really wanted to live there..

We'd wish for it but only peacefully. As long as unionist mongs exist, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Actually Ireland had many sizable jewish communities until the 1960s or so. There's even a Jewish museum in Dublin.

Because the majority of the population support being in the UK. Why would they leave the 4th strongest economy in the world for an eastern European tier country who has barely any military defence (relies on UK/NATO)

Nah the majority in both countries are happy with the way things are.

Also all the English money is great

I wonder how the Irish government and army would deal with a paramilitary campaign from Loyalists?

The negative stigma meme is complete bullshit. My grandfather and uncle came back to a hero's welcome. The discrimination shit was just another Dublin commie affair.

If you don't believe in a united ireland, you hate the white working class

With the IRA on their side, probably pretty containable. They dont even really know the south, and wouldn't have a clue about the terrain, etc. Maybe with more help from the likes of MI5, could be a different story. For now, Loyalists are bottom of the barrel uneducated scum more intent on setting their own homes on fire to have their hate pyres than actually organising to remove boxty taigs. They're an embarrassment to the UK and should be cut loose.

>You were as bad and worse than the Nazis
>From the country that tortured and killed hundreds of thousands of their own people since their 'freedom from the oppressor'.

Ok senpai

It was common for Dubliners to enlist in the British army. The Dublin fusiliers in WWI, and then later emigrating to fight in WWII. People in inner city Dublin supported them, they were used to it, the military tradition was common in those communities.

>Oi begorrah, remember the six potatillion!

>4th strongest economy in the world
That was before you took back control and crashed the pound, with no survivors.

I...

What?

Hundreds of thousands?

If you're talking about the troubles, the death toll there was around 3000 and most of them were catholic Irish. The loyalists militarised first and enforced an apartheid state in Northern Ireland. They deserved every bit of violence they got.

but everything else was accurate,

I would be in favour of taking the land back if we could deport the people living there first.

Return the north to nature and let england deal with the wekfare whores

>posting stats from 2012
sigh.

Hopefully. Can't wait for the UK to break up.

What do Eirebros think of Wales?

>UK GDP per capita (US Dollars) - $37,000
>Ireland GDP per capita (US Dollars) - $41,300

That was 2013 figures, so our GDP has risen 30% or more since that time. The UK's has been stagnant and with the recent devaluation of Sterling that figure is likely to be significantly lower.

The UK is visibly, on the streets, in worse shape than Ireland. England outside London is a post-industrial wasteland full of chavs, drunks, minorities and crumbling factories.

We're attracting billions in mobile capital while Britain's businesses are abandoning ship.

Religion is being used as the identifier though. If you're a protestant you must be a loyalist, and vice versa, even if it isn't the case. If you're a protestant republican, you'll be dead the day after you admit it

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650475/More-mass-baby-graves-Ireland-Prime-Minister-Enda-Kenny-orders-investigation-memorial-800-dead-babies-planned.html

theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/05/ireland-magdalene-laundry-system-apology

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/10885038/More-Irish-mass-graves-likely-to-be-found-warns-Archbishop-of-Dublin.html

That was like two hours after brexit, we're still ahead of France.

bloody non countries and there cheek.

Nah
niggers will rule the whole island

There wont be ireland
nor celts

>With the IRA on their side, probably pretty containable

Well then the Irish Army would also have a military campaign against the IRA.

Sounds like a disaster.

Oh yeah I dont mean the people, just the establishment at the time.

Sorry lad I don't speak Italian

Yeah just stop asking us for money then bud.

>things which happened in the 1950s

Yep, the church fucked us over for a long time. Now it's been abandoned, part of the past. We have a lot of shitty past to regret, most of it thanks to you. Got something more modern?

If the Loyalists decided to rise up and wage a war that threatened the Irish state, the state army and the volunteer IRA would likely join forces.

Ireland will join the UK.

Will abortion be legalised soon?

Also what do Eireanons think of the EU

Literal unsubstantiated bullshit.

REMINDER: There is no difference and never has been any significant difference between Irish culture and Loyalist/Scottish/Welsh/English culture.

Any Irish culture can find its equivalence SOMEWHERE in the UK.

REMINDER: There is absolutely 0 (zero) precedence for a united Ireland except under British rule.
>muh Brian Boru
Literally over hyped to fuck when it comes to him holding sovereignty over the whole island. Didn't happen I'm afraid.

Plastic paddies one these isles at least know the facts. It's always the new worlders who get their history from the Mel Gibson school.

You do realise most of your money comes from our economy? That would more then half if you left us. This is why you are our cucks.

>The Protestants are mostly British descent and want to stay in the UK.

SCOTTISH British though mang.

>Hurr durr bilateral loans

All the "emergency aid" from the bank bailout era has been refinanced (after it got pumped into paying off YOUR banks). We're not significantly borrowing to fund the state anymore, and our borrowing costs are historically low (and have nothing to do with any emergency aid).

You can't hold the 2011 loans over us because you were saving your own financial system. The 64 Billion from the Irish state to defunct banks went directly to paying off the international bondholders of those banks, mostly British, American, German. You bailed yourself out and my taxes pick up the tab. You're welcome, cunt.

>being cucked by a literal non-country
Pretty sad, my lad.

At least you're now sovereign and no one tells you how to run your country...
mofa.go.jp/files/000185466.pdf
Oops. Seriously, you managed to piss of the Japanese so much they abandoned all their diplomacy and polite language to tell you straight that you've fucked up majorly and will be paying for it.

Imagine in the future, when there is no more people. The bushes and trees will creep up and cover the island, and birds and wild animals will be everywhere.

The island will be unified, but there will be no more Ireland, because there will be nobody who even remembers that word.

Yes. When Brexit is cancelled and EU becomes a unitary state.

I thought that NI was considering leaving the UK because of Brexit and NI's desire to remain in the EU

He looks like that one old man Muppet

Nice source britbro

40% of bilateral trade does not equate to "most of our money". There's significant global corporate investment in Ireland, most of it American. You buy a lot of Irish produce and exports (and we buy a lot of yours). That makes good sense when your countries are so adjacent and have a traditionally integrated economic relationship. Your economy would suffer as a result of trade barriers with us quite significantly, and ours would too, but that doesn't mean we literally couldn't survive without you.

>Vikings raped them

No, they got BTFO. They took over Dublin yes as it's right on the coast but that was it.

>church fucked us over for a long time
>We have a lot of shitty past to regret, most of it thanks to you.

We tried to turn you lot away from the crooked catholic church, and each time yous went dindu.

And that shit went on until midway through the 90s, didn't even have to bring up the fact that Ireland's the poster boy for church child abuse

>using UK and British interchangably