What do you guys think of this movie? Is it any good?

What do you guys think of this movie? Is it any good?

Cape shit is the bane of Sup Forums

Nolan did justice to Joker on the Dark Knight and Batman on Rises.

Bane?

no it's shit but these trips aren't

It had good ideas. Unfortunately, the best ones are in the trailer.

It's not a Batman, it's a Bruce Wayne movie. And because of that I give it kudos.

But because Bane is basically just doing the exact same thing that Ra's Al Ghul tried in BB, it feels like a retread. Kind of like how Return of the Jedi follows too close to An New Hope.

I was a really drawn out, poorly choreographed, garbage movie. The movie should have taken place entirerly in Gotham. The League of Assassin's should not have been used. Blake was unnecessary, and I have no fucking idea why Batman had to take the fall for Dent's murders when they already had a perfectly good scapegoat. Shit was embarassing and even Batman and Robin was a better put together movie and that movie was a glorifed toy commercial.

cont...

Also, in BB, Gotham feels like a city out of a comic book. So, although it's grounded in reality, when Liam Neeson shows up with the vaporator and fear gas starts pouring everywhere it seems rooted in a comic book setting so it never seems out of place.

TDK went with an even more grounded feel and the plot for TDK was also grounded. Gotham didn't feel like a city out of a comic book, it felt like a real city so, again, nothing felt out of place.

TDK tried to mix the two and it fell apart. They used a real world setting with real world machanics, but then randomly introduced a fusion bomb and a city cut off from the outside. The two tones of BB and TDK were forced together in TDKR and it didn't work.

>Bruce is literally limping in the beginning
>Not even half the movie is over before he's suddenly fighting Bane in the sewers

Fuck THAT. This movie was a mess on all levels, the opening will always be the best part.

Hatheway as Catwoman was great though, I'll admit.

Memes aside, I'm convinced Nolan wrote the plane scene separatley and just inserted it into TDKR and changed the names

>I have no fucking idea why Batman had to take the fall for Dent's murders when they already had a perfectly good scapegoat.

Yeah, as soon as the movie started I was confused as to why they wouldn't have just pinned it on the Joker. They could have said that one of the Joker's thugs killed Dent after kidnapping him from the hospital and been done with it.

I was so upset by how lackluster this movie was that I wrote my own version. I know that is pure autism, but I don't care.

Nolan didn't want the Joker mentioned at all in the film, I guess out of respect for Ledger.

Never heard of this. Who's the villain?

When I went to the theaters and watched this, I was completely baffled by how the plane scene went.

Things like policeman living in the sewers, batman returns and fight equally (even if he is supposed to be old and with a bad leg) with bane, the city being fine despite months of isolation, bane death, gordon carrying the confession letter just in that moment and then bane reading and people believing?, crime level was reduced just because 'harder' policies (no more criminal, police corruption dissapears, no mafia), bruce escape the prison and return to the city with... teleportation?, robin knowing who batman is because his eyes...

I'm all for respecting the dead but when it results in poor writing you gotta wonder, what would they have wanted?

I think it's more disrespectful to act like the Joker had no lasting effects on Gotham.

>gordon carrying the confession letter just in that moment and then bane reading and people believing?

Would have worked better if Bane would have kidnapped Gordan and then made Gordan tell the city the truth instead of them all just believing him because he read it off of a note which he had no way to prove was actually from Gordon.