X-Men (mostly) Complete Messiah Epic Storytime, pt.20

Wow, 20 (plus one) threads.

Anyways: SCHISM!

Previously, Hope, the X-Men, X-Force, and X-Factor stopped Bastion's sinister plot to destroy mutants in one fell swoop.
For the most part, Utopia has been a successful experiment thus far.
Wolverine had an emotional breakdown after killing many of his unknown bastard children. He's trying to turn over a new leaf.

Everything, including ded threads, up to this point can be found here:
desuarchive.org/_/search/subject/X-Men (mostly) Complete Messiah Epic Storytime/

archived.moe/co/thread/88062845/

The 'Prelude' issues are pretty good, but they make NO FUCKING SENSE when paired with the actual story.

So I'm not bothering.

Aaron's plans for him looked so promising.
He sure ended up using him a lot, both as a PoV and as a problem solver, but I feel he didn't ultimately progress him as he wanted to or feel he was doing. As bad as Latour's WatXm v2 was, at least he had ideas and narrative weight on Quentin.

>I married a Doombot.
kek

What doesn't make sense about them?

They make sense if you see it as a prelude to Fear Itself, especially the story with Xavier. I'm half convinced that that's what they used to be.

The threat is hyped up to be a whole lot more than just a Sentinel.
The end of the mini ends with Logan telling Scott the right call is for all the X-Men to stand and fight to protect Utopia too.

It's just weird.

Except Wolverine isn't at Utopia during Fear Itself.

So was Utopia an actually recognized sovereign nation or not? Was it like Palestine?

Damn son, this storytime goes too fast and I love it. Just finished the elder gods arc of the new mutants, hoping to catch up tomorrow night.

Doing God-s work OP

Why would nations still have Sentinels when there's only 200 mutants left in the world anyway?
More importantly, why the fuck do governments only use giant robots for the purpose of mutant genocide? Why not use them for invading other countries or opressing your own citizens or something?
Seems like a waste of giant robots is all I'm saying.

I can't remember honestly.

I think it was a protectorate of New Atlantis, so in a way, yes, but by the world at large maybe not.
We'll be taking a break to do some (incredibly tangentially related) cosmic stuff for the next few days.

How is it even legally possible for a 12 year-old to become CEO of anything? And how did he blackmail them?

The less you worry about the Hellfire kiddies, the better.

It is possible for a minor to be a CEO, though.

Again, if these governments have these giant robots, why don't they ever use them for something other than genocide?
North Korea having giant flying robots would also be a huge deal.

>It is possible for a minor to be a CEO, though.
They need an adult legal guardian that approves everything they do.

something something sentient bacteria something something
What even happened with that? Did sublime get purged from mankind or did I forget something?

It's that easy to take over the Hellfire Club? And why make him Black King? That's a pretty high position for a newcomer.

I think at this point, the HC had been pretty much bankrupt.
Like, they didn't have Shaw thanks to Emma, most of their old stalwarts were either dead or on other projects too.
He must've been the only person with any determination.

Like I said, the less you think about the Hellfire brats, the better.

From a PR perspecive, it seems pretty stupid to have Magneto at the museum gala.

It was purely PR. It was a subtle threat.
Too bad it was shit because they got jumped...

This is so fucking stupid. Why did anyone think this was a good idea?

wasn't*

I dunno. As far as I recall, they only ever showed up in Aaron books.

Is this what people call "jobbing"?