Peep Show

Whats the logical next step after this? I haven't been able to find anything else with this type of superbly dark and subtle (most of the time) humour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QV8icF5Ak04
peepshow.wikia.com/wiki/Pej
youtu.be/l5niA47YFU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You wait until you've forgotten enough details, and re-watch it again.

That Mitchell and Webb Look is fun.

I think there is another show by the same writers that is essentially them as old guys.

yeah it's probably the most rewatchable show for me, can get through it at least twice a year

Mates I've rewatched the entire series AT LEAST 7 times. I still love it but i reckon its time to move on.

I gave it a good try and its just not as good to me. Not a big skit-show fan.

Name?

Watch their new show, Back.

Snuff Box, Toast of London
Alan Partridge kinematic universe

Snuff Box will make you realize that there are still new peaks in skit comedy that can be reached. Snuff Box being made in the first place was a complete fluke but boy is the whole trip beautiful.

Back

Just couldn't stand the level of cringiness of this show. I also had to drop UK Office for the same reason, so maybe you'd like that.

Skit shows arn't for every one, included Snuff box but its also kinda skit show. The Cell phone with sub text skit is one of the best and hits closer to home then I realized at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=QV8icF5Ak04

Snuff Box is great, Mat Berry doing the music helps.

They are in a new show called back, which is currently airing on UK TV channel 4. On 4od.

Mitchell and Webb's characters fall into the same role categories as Mark & Jez.

So what is Sup Forumss consensus on Back? I need to know fast so I can make my own opinions.

Don't bother it's garbage..

>dat episode with dog

DAYUM, that was some next level shit.

worth a watch but it's nothing special. the uncle has some funny scenes.

It's just like a watered down unfunny peep show rip off.

Mitchell's characters wife literally left him for a black guy. I know a lot of you are cucks so maybe you'll enjoy that plot thread.

I couldn't get into Snuff Box because the American guy's accent made my ears bleed. Not even glorious Matt Berry could keep me watching.

I did watch a compilation of all the "I have a boyfriend" sketches and they were all 10/10.

I've heard people refer to the episode where the burn that dead dog and eat it as the point where Peep Show jumped the shark, but it's one of my favourite episodes.

Was everyone aware of Pej? I watched all of Peep Show maybe ten times but it wasn't until I saw a Q&A promoting the final series where the audience were asking about who Pej really was. Then I watched all the episodes again and the character is named quite a few times in off-hand comments but he never appears on-screen.
Maybe I'm the only one who missed the references to Pej but if you google him it's really interesting. I was just wondering if other people who watched the show so many times missed the references.

How is the Limmy show bros?

The Trip, The Thick of It and Rev. are Peep Show tier imo

>hur I don't listen to the dialogue, I just laugh at the dog and the fart joke

How do you miss something so often mentioned...

>no laughing tape means it's subtle humour
Fucking ameritards.

WHISKEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

It's the dialogue I watch it for, it's the best part. For some reason the Pej mentions just flew over my head, or at least I didn't realise it was a recurring mention.

What the fuck, I've watched it 5 times and can't remember ever hearing the word "Pej"

Thank fuck I wasn't the only one. He gets a few mentions, like Big Suze did before she actually appeared on the show, but they're way more subtle and throw-away, and Pej never actually appears. He's kind of like a Super Hans type character, but he's only alluded to. This wiki article has some of the mentions.
peepshow.wikia.com/wiki/Pej

But for me it was more fun to just watch Peep Show again from the beginning and being alert to any Pej mentions. It was ridiculous how I was able to watch the entire show for what must've been the 11th time and still find new stuff in there.

Black Books is a bit like it. There's nothing else really like it unfortunately.

It's unique really because it's filmed in the POV style and you hear the characters' inner thoughts. I've never come across anything that does either of those things.

There's great comedy out there, but I can't think of a "logical next step" after Peep Show. You could either get into Mitchell and Webb's other stuff, or watch some of the other sitcoms the Peep Show writers did like Fresh Meat, or to some extent, The Thick of It.

Sorry mate you hit the end of the line with Peep Show, there's isn't really anywhere to go after that. Only inferior shows. You could try Ideal if you want dark.

>Toast of London
this is so bad

You're off your face, Toast of London is the best sitcom produced in recent years. There was a whole thread last week about the lack of good UK sitcoms in recent years, and the main argument against it was Toast of London

> SPEAKING WACKY DIALOGUE IN A LOUD POSH VOICE

That's it. That's the show.

Peep Show had the same thing with Alan and Big Suze

American here, how big of a star is david mitchell in england? barely anyone knows him in the US if it wasnt for netflix.

Johnson isn't black. He's Johnson.

This desu

great

It's called Back.
youtu.be/l5niA47YFU4
But it's no Peep Show.

He's a household name I'd say. He's on telly a lot, he appears on just about any panel show regularly, and the other stuff he's done was all well-received. He's a successful comedian.
I wouldn't expect him to be big in America, and I wouldn't expect him to have any ambitions to be big there.

If that's what you got out of it the problem is you, mate.

And a lot of people like it. Matt Berry's voice is amazing.

Also obviously there's more to it than the voices. There's the running gags, the dialogue between characters, the depiction of a struggling actor's life, the songs, the celebrity cameos. But there's no point trying to persuade you since you obviously don't like it.

who

It's grown on me. It's comfy and i enjoy the contrasting flashbacks and how they play with time. Back > last season of Peep.

The subtitles, and the way it's pronounced, would suggest that the person's name is actually "Pedge".

heh. A shame that the one of them who would enjoy prison isn't the one who went.

The wiki says Pej, but anyone could've written that. Either way it's obviously not his real name but a nickname whose origins we're never meant to find out.

Well there's no show quite like that, but 15 Storeys High and Ideal are gloomy British sitcoms which are often overlooked. You might also like The Smoking Room too, similar to those but (very) slow-paced, however it does have Robert Webb in it.

It is Pej, I have the scriptbook.

I always assumed it was Pej yeah. Still wonder how he got the nickname.

15 Storeys High is very underrated and really worth a watch. Sean Lock is a great comedian, and it's fun to see Benedict Wong as the awkward fumbling flatmate, seeing as these days he's quite a famous actor and has roles in major blockbusters. The go-to guy for British-Asian actors.

15 Storeys High is very old fashioned british humour, not much of the modern subtelty, unless I'm missing something. Only watched first episode though.

A show I enjoyed a lot is Bellamys Britain, though not a sitcom.

It's one two series, 12 episodes man, give it another go. 15 Storeys High is one of those underrated gems. Don't judge the thing after one episode.

I really liked it, especially the random scenes of other inhabitants of the tower block like the guy who bought an asian wife and he's constantly looking for his pet, or the guy taping a relaxation tape while constantly being interrupted by his mum