Betty Boop #2 story time

Second issue of that new Betty Boop comic!

>dat bunny

This comic increase in waifu material.

bump

The writer wants this to be a happy ending, but I actually feel terrible for both characters.
Betty's drive for her art is making her friendzone Bimbo, and it will inevitably leave Betty lonely too, even if she's not considering that here.
Either one can obviously screw any of the other horny characters in Fleischerworld (there are thousands), but Betty and Bimbo weren't really meant to be with anyone else. She's cucking both him and herself.

(And the story presents her as genuine and warm, so she's not being mean about it; she really doesn't know how unfair she's being, and maybe the writer doesn't either.)

they will probably bond together on the next issues.
yes the friendzones are always awkward and sad.

Bumpy boop

She really doesn't DO anything does she?

Except be the victim that everybody wants to white knight for.

bumperino

I want to like this but... The art just isn't CARTOONY enough. It's weird that there's so many human-proportioned characters.

Betty's head-size looks "normal" on her body. Which is just... Totally wrong. She and her world are supposed to look like weird goofy cartoons, not humans in costumes.

The early 90s comic by Dynamite drawn by Milton Knight was imperfect but a WAY better attempt at doing a Betty comic. I don't have the scans but I saw an user dump them a few months ago

The same for me. I found strange how "real" the caracteres look.

>I want to like this but... The art just isn't CARTOONY enough. It's weird that there's so many human-proportioned characters.

The problem is Sally Swing and Koko the Clown.
Or rather, it's NOT Sally and Koko (because they are awesome), but because the artist unconsciously wants to give Betty more realistic human proportions, like Sally and Koko have.
It's OK when Sally and Koko have them but not Betty.

Even Sally and Koko have simplified cartoon bodies in their cartoons though.

It's like they want the comic to get cancelled

This new?

Did this just come out today?

wanna be a member? wanna be a member?