Movies you like but everyone hates

Movies you like but everyone hates.

Never seen, but was told it was pretty good.

Better than the second for it's worth. More CGI robot action at least.

Resident Evil 1-3
Silent Hill
Freddy Got Fingered
Mission to Mars
Jug Face
Event Horizon

>Event Horizon
people hate that movie?

SKYLINE

i really like it

Only contrarian faggots. Its pure warp slaneesh kino

That is an example of a movie that was marketed terribly. It essentially ruined the movie for me. Let me guess, your under 24?

I was under the impression it was well recevied by critics aswell
Nevermind, I loved it

I'm acting!

Over 30 actually. I have no idea where you're going with this. For some reason it is trending right now on netflex and I'm watching it. Everyone else in my age group says it sucks, and did not buy it.
>How can you not believe they live in the modern day? *twist*

>Resident Evil 1-3
Yeah, I hated those to. Alice is the worst fucking mary sue I have ever seen. All those RE movies are complete garbage. Everything else on that list is just fine with me.

Got better in the Pianist, but at least he did not go full retard.

This was the movie where the SHYAMALAN TWIST became expected and it became cool to say that he was a hack who used twists as a gimmick. The timing of that, paired with the fact that this movie in particular had one of the "wackier" twists led to people shitting all over it. I liked it a lot, personally. It was pretty creepy early on, really dark. Its hilarious to shit on this movie when people liked Signs. Also, Lady in the Water was way worse too, though that came later.

It was not so much a twist but more seeing it from the perspective of the sheltered generation raised in a community that was completely cut off from the rest of the world is what I loved about it. The story itself is great, but people hate it because of the lack luster *twist* ending. They were expecting some like The Sixth Sense? or Unbreakable?

I do agree the marketing ruined a lot of his movies because people were conditioned to be shocked by some world breaking misdirection to be revealed by the end of the movie. I'm glad the movie itself is great, and people younger than me who may not have been brainwashed by fad marketing gimmick for attention may like it as well.

That was the real twist, and not ashamed to admit I was shock.

35 Metacritic
24 RT

I thought this movie was entertaining and a fun watch but everyone else seems to hate it.

I have the opposite and people say go see it, but I have no interest.

Mission to Mars is top tier. The Martian is literally a straight rip off of that movie minus the alien stuff at the end.

>Silent Hill

I watched it high af ( inb4 dude weed lmao). It was great! But the scene where the cop get burn alive was brutal

The most enjoyable moviegoing experience I've had all year. That includes seeing both Wonder Woman and GotG 2 in the theater.

If I Stay

Everything after this move went downhill for him. But the movie itself was actually good. Watched it multiple times and never understood the hate it got at the time. Read many reviews of it too, most of the critics basically hated it for it's twist. And after that he shot the Lady in the Water even though it had a promising premise it was objectively incoherent in its delivery. Also It did not help him that he took shots at critics in that movie. Anyway good to see him back with Split. I really look forward to his next movie with a sequel to both Unbreakable and Split

46 RT
50 Metascore

I'm gonna go full faggot but the scene on the porch between the guy and the blind girl was beautiful and cute, CUTE.

In retrospect as bad as the ACT-TING and so many plot holes that is in that movie. I really enjoyed it after all the hype for it dyed down. I doubt most people understand or remember what camp movies were about. I'm sure it was done intentionally.

I love Weisz in this movie

I agree. Dude wants to lead, and his blind tom girl love interest was making it hard for him to do so. She was awesome.

Jumper is comfy watch the whole thing when its shown on cable tier.

Ironically "Push" was another movie like it that came around around the same time. I rented it but turned it off about 20 minutes in because it was so bad and Dakota Fanning's acting was atrocous.

..but yes, Jumper is underrated.

>Resident Evil 1-3
The first one is pretty decent, the second not so much, the third is awful. Didn't watch the others because it looked like it was only going to get worse.

I wanted to like Push after watching it in theaters, because the world it is involved in was interesting. But yeah, the acting was pretty bad and made it hard to watch a second time.

>Easy mode cult favorites.

Are you the same user that mentioned Event Horizon?

Even though I'm a Hellblazer fan, I can't hate this movie.

Honestly surprised to see the vitriol the critics and public had when it comes to this

I will never understand why this movie is universally panned. It's awesome.

>Didn't watch the others because it looked like it was only going to get worse.
Oh-ho-ho-ho you have no idea. Nearly every movie there after rewrite it's past continuity, dead characters returned via clone plot device and it became more of a slogfest of generic action scenes that cannot be carried by a more un-charismatic "actress".

Is catkino

It came out around the same time as Sin City. That is the only reason for it in my mind.

It's made by the same people, it's not like it was some no name ripoff

That human face is to uncanny valley for me. The Grinch I can look past, but it just doesn't work when it is a fucking cat.

unfamiliar with any of the source, legitimately enjoyed the movie

I am litetally the only one on this entire board that genuinely likes this movie and anyone else that says they do is nemeing.

These two.

Also pic related.

Faggots gonna fag.

I know it's the whole point of the thread but this is a garbage opinion

This movie is trash but it features peak Jovavich. She's 10/10 in this one.

Not so You two need to hook up mates. It is pic related.

This

I haven't seen it, but opinions depends on one thing. The movie is far to new to look back in retrospective on either being bad or good in staying power. You need to give movies time to weigh into your mind, and see if it ages well.

How many years after viewing a film should I wait before deciding if I like it?

>penis-kino

Fucking WAAAYY too overpowered in this. She was never even challenged..it ruined uined the whole movie.

The same director had the same exact problem with Equilibrium, but it wasn't as completely out of hand like Ultraviolet.

What made the first movie good was the fact that it was a tense horror story with the characters struggling to survive, I don't know what possessed them to turn it into an action movie series with a superpowerful main character.

I remember watching this one morning on a pirated VCD while eating French toast and just bawling into my French toast over Adrien Brody's death scene. Poor retard.

No idea, maybe months but I cannot go back and watch certain movies from when I was 16 in high school and love it. You're tastes may change, and you might not have been exposed to enough movies.

I bet it sells well over seas. Sony pictures and all.

This movie got poor reviews but I see it praised on Sup Forums fairly often.

Still miles ahead compared to what came later. Toilet humor at the minimum and the "hacker team" was great.

I don't get why people say this is the worst Python film.

Exactly this.

Face Off was the greatest action movie ever the first time but it didn't hold up to repeat viewings.

I didnt care for Quantum of Solace in the theater but but after repeat viewings it had become my favorite Bond movie of all time.

>Sicario
>Jackie Brown
>True Grit (Coen Brothers. Assuming people don't like it because I never see people talk about it)
>Entourage (it's a fun flick, anyone that full-on berates it is a turbopleb)

>I didnt care for Quantum of Solace in the theater but but after repeat viewings it had become my favorite Bond movie of all time.

My nigga.

>Jackie Brown
I love this movie. It is my top favorite Quint'T movie. It has style. All the characters in it are great.

I liked this. Is nothing special but is way better than what's given credit for.
But then again, I liked Elysium too. I see has problem but I think there is capeshit way worse written, and boring, that is praised by the critic circus,

I thought it was cute. There is not enough robot-buddy flicks.

i dont think anyone hates this movie

this was such fucking pretentious garbage. the movie that made me hate leto desu.

Yeah, no one just talks about it. Just another remake of the original that had like 10 remakes.

I truly believe the world is worse off for not having more un-ironic Brad Pitt action movies.

seems like the more time passes, the more people hate it

I just hate her.

I thought they were making a sequel to this

That is the second movie, dude.

I just watched this again. I really like it. The dialog and makeup are pretty campy at times, but I like the overall story. Kind of reminds me of an 80s movie at times, with the make-up and friendship vibes; like Enemy Mine.

They are. Even directed by David Fincher for some reason.

I wish. ..dude is kind of a wreck right now irl and I dont think he's ready for something this big.

yeah. Me too. I enjoy most of Aronofsky's movies, so I was bummed when I saw she was starring but she didn't bother me too much in this. I also don't much like Natalie Portman, but enjoyed Black Swan.

This movie is like the first act of a much better movie. It ends right when shit gets interesting.

doona is bae

Fuck, hey are all the same to me. I gave up after the third one.

The first movie wasn't tense at all and it was an action movie. It is the most watchable though.

There's actually a sequel coming out with unrelated characters. The trailer looks pretty fucking decent.

This

I hated the first movie with a fervor as it strayed so far away from the original source material by turning it into a campy "horror" themed action flick. Instead of an actual HORROR campy flick. Like akin to maybe Dawn of the Dead, or Night of the Living Dead.

Oh, you're not wrong on that. I just remember it very vividly because I saw it in the theater because my friends wanted to go.

I'm done and not into any of the bayformer movies to be honest. I went and see them because my friends were into them. I hated the Turtles movies. Not even having Bebop, and Rock Steady made me hate them any less. What I'm saying is Micheal Bay's IP movies suck.

Wasn't George A. Romero attached to it at one point?

FGF is kino

>Wasn't George A. Romero attached to it at one point?
Wrote the script, and they threw it away.

Silent Hill is worth watching just for the soundtrack

Yeah, I don't know what was with the tone shift in the sequel. It was like a 180 on what the first movie was trying to be. It wasn't all that good, and changed to much of the movie by not having the father as the main protagonist. Which really made me made at the time. Apparently a father cannot love their child as much as a mother could.

It was a decent action movie.