They are coming. Atom by atom they will silence us. Cell by cell our souls will become theirs...

>They are coming. Atom by atom they will silence us. Cell by cell our souls will become theirs. We must fight to for one thing above all – to remain Klingon.

This was so fucking perfect. Better than oldTrek.

The Klingons are the best antagonist for this season. Very excited to see what they will do with the Romulans. Thanks God, no meme Andorians with their fucking ridiculous antennas.

It's a shame people are so determined to dislike this. I loved the first two episodes and the nu-klingons.

Excited to see it looks like we'll be getting some male leads.

Nu-klingons are so over designed, they look ridiculous.

It's this kind of thing that makes me sad. People want so much to hate this, mainly because of political reasons that don't make any sense because STD isn't particularly SJW in any way and ST has always had diverse casts.

It's like the people ripping on it have never seen any Star Trek. TNG, DS9, and VOY all had worse first two episodes than this. Hell, pretty much TNG's entire first season was shit compared to what we have so far of STD.

BUILD A WALL AND MAKE THE FEDERATION PAY FOR IT!!!

#MakeKronosGreatAgain

>Over-designed
Same buzzword as "forced". I think they're the best rendition we have yet of the race, they really feel like something alien and culturally distinct now.

They're interesting but I have a hard time seeing Spaceniggers as developing space travel.

I really liked Discovery. Fuck you Sup Forums

This kind of thing too. Are you guys seriously so obsessed with politics that you compare the Klingons to American conservatives for no reason?

If anything they compare to Imperial-era Japanese in culture.

Kill yourself, namefag. What do you say to non-Sup Forums people who thought STD was trash?

>Imperial-era Japanese

Very nationalist era. Japan was litteraly Nazy Germany of the East.

Nigga, the fucking creator said they are Trumpsters.

Japs were worse, actually.

Not him, what's their reasoning? I haven't seen much other than desperate nitpicking like "the wind should blow the sand away!" and "dutch angles!!" and stuff.

There are people who complain about the changes to canon which are the most legitimate complaints in my opinion. At first I was jarred when Klingons weren't just disregarding their corpses but by the end of the episodes I thought the nu-Klingons were superior to the old ones.

Well yeah. American conservatives got nothing on Imperial Japanese or Nu-Klingons. It's a joke to compare them and desperation to make the show politically heavy-handed, which it isn't at all.

No he didn't.

And the nationalist tendencies can apply to both Imperial era Japan and the white nationalism shit surrounding trump. No need to get upset your guy isn't original.

And this, the Japanese were far more racist and nationalistic, and also had an obsession with "muh honor" the way Klingons do.

1. The dutch angles is a legit gripe in my opinion.
2. God damn lens flares, holy shit.
3. Open mutiny in the first damn episode.
4. The show creators' open disregard for Star Trek fans (which has been publicly stated by them.)
5. Putting every episode but half (HALF!) of the first episode behind a paywall for yet another streaming service that most people already have 3-5 of.
6. Constant media blitz about how you can't possibly consider watching anything else instead of STD.

I could go on. But you're going to dismiss all of the reasons I listed already so why bother.

The new bad guys are literally religious, ethnic nationalist warmongers, who are fighting multiculturalists.
This is so heavy-handed, it hurts.

Dude, I love this show too, but its very obious that

Klingons - Conservatives
Federation - Liberals

ofcourse Federation stands for much more, but these Klingons are conservative af

>you guys

The fucking show creator clearly and publicly stated that the Klingons on STD represent Trump supporters. Is that enough of a reason for you?

lots of very dumb moments like sending the head of the ship, the captain, to do the job of a foot soldier but that said, i could overlook it for the sake of kitsch and i thought it was 1000% better already than the recent trek movies, totally blew em out of the water with it's charisma .

Agreed OP

Well yeah, half of your points aren't even related to the episodes themselves. How could I possibly take you seriously?

>Open mutiny in the first episode
A concept approached in VOY's first episodes, and in this case it's literally the driving force behind the main character's plotline as she's going to a prison ship because of it. I don't see the problem.

He actually didn't.

But the way they handle it is ok.

Then he failed because they clearly more closely mirror Imperial Japan.

Like I said, you guys are new to Star Trek. The Federation has always been multiculturalist. Klingons have always been nationalistic. There is nothing new here, you guys are just so politically minded that you are projecting your political beliefs into the show.

And if anything, as someone who enjoys nationalistic thought myself I would think you guys should enjoy the Klingons because they are awesome.

I hated it because it fucking sucked. It's poorly written, poorly edited, poorly acted (which is strange because they have good actors), and poorly shot (primarily referring to the frequent canted angles). The people from the Sup Forums mentality are retarded with their issues about it. You're right that Star Trek has always been diverse and that's wonderful.

As I said, none of you guys watch Star Trek. This is literally ToS, VOY, and parts of DS9 and ENT in a nutshell.

I admit that the costume and the aesthetic are very Japanese/ samurai.

>It's poorly written, poorly edited, poorly acted, and poorly shot
Compared to what? TNG, DS9, VOY's first episodes?

Have any of you watched Star Trek other than JJ's movies?

you are so wrong... I used the word KITSCH that would be enough for you to know i watched some star trek before and i am used to their silly ways.

>you guys are new to Star Trek

Why are you trying to insult me? Ive been watching ST for the first time 20 years ago and am rewatching everything lately, since Ive had some spare time. Currently Im watching 3rd season of DS9 and Im watching everything by stardate. So even though I could be newer to ST than you, my info is much fresher than yours. Fuck you, I was on your side.

Obviously the show has to reflect actual political situation(s) and even if not, it will always be easy to project any politcal idealogy on it by every individual differently. So please, don't be a fucking hypocrite and/or dummy.

The two episodes of Discovery is literally a movie. Absolutely no other Trek series approaches this degree of quality.

t. Fake news.

>is
are

How are they going to retcon the niggons?

>muh boogeyman haters, I bet anybody who found anything to criticize is a Sup Forumstard closet nazi, sexist beta-male

I have. If anything, you retort doesn't make much sense. JJ's movies have similar issues, but I at least cared about the characters. Same with the older shows and the other movies (well, the good ones). I'm not looking to argue. I just really didn't like it.

Nice trips.

But Romulans will not make a major appearance as that would contradict Balance of Terror.

>i am used to their silly ways.
Apparently not because you're complaining about it.

I'm aware it's easy to project a political ideology onto it, but people arguing that the show is some kind of Trump vs SJW allegory are delusional. I was actually surprised at how non-SJW it ended up being, I was expecting it.

Coming from someone who's extremely misogynistic, race-realist, and pro-eugenics, you guys are retarded for injecting this show with your political ideologies. It's desperate.

>Klingons are the villains

They make perfect sense, as pointed out.

If you are shitting on it for poor quality, I referred you to three other Star Trek series that have garbage quality first two episodes in comparison. This is what makes me think none of you watch Star Trek.

I think it's pretty obvious the Klingons are supposed to be Isis. The religious extremist threat.

But...Klingons were always Spaceniggers...

Personally, I think the Klingons are just supposed to be Klingons.

They are a culturally different adversary, they could be literally anyone, that has always been the point. Whoever they are to you only says things about yourself.

If the Federation is suppoed to represent Liberals, then this show seemed to criticize the liberal soft agenda. The protagonist opted for firing first, was shot down by "federation principles" but was then proved right.

You're thinking of the Bajorans.

No they we're always space-fascist.

Thats what I mean, its easy to project Conservatives vs Liberals on to this scenario. Very easy. I don't recall Klingons ever being so conservative. And you (if you are OP) are liking that in your post.

>Atom by atom they will silence us. Cell by cell our souls will become theirs.

Do you not know, what that means? He is affraid of losing what makes them Klingon. That's conservatism. Usually Klingons want to run around acting like warriors and yelling muh honor! These Klingons are smarter and waaay more political towards representing the conservatives of present Earth. What they are more though, than Trumsters, they are Islamists. Although Kahless is more like Klingon Jesus, these Klingon's culture resambles Islam far more. Check out whats written on top of pic related holy shit

No, I just watched them as a kid and don't remember everything about them. So sure, maybe it does get better. Aside from that, I watch random episodes now and then. I did watch the pilot for Next Generation and I didn't have a problem with it. I'm judging it as a show, not as Star Trek only.

No. Bajorans are the Jews.

>You don't want to be multicultural? Fucking racists.

I'm not OP, but I agree with him.

>I don't recall Klingons ever being so conservative.
This is what makes me think you haven't watched any Star Trek. Klingons were always extremely nationalistic, extremely aggressive, and racist. However, in most series you are seeing Klingons after they were allies to the federation. What you are seeing now are pre-alliance Klingons. Their nationalistic tendencies naturally would only be even more amplified.

I don't have a problem with people comparing the Klingons to their political views. It's when they think the show itself is using the Klingons allegorically to depict political parties. To anyone familiar with Star Trek, it's obviously just Klingons being Klingons, aggressive nationalistic warriors.

TNG has the worst opening of any Star Trek series.

Are you being serious right now?

Because, as I wrote, Federation stands for more. Federation is still very Liberal, yet Conservatives have a huge impact. It's more like following the best of Liberalism (pease, tolerance, politeness, etc.), until its not possible, so you have to switch to the most usefull from Conservatism (show of strength, dominance, presenting the idea of fear...).

Michael fucked up couple times in the pilot. She crossed that line too early. I saw some anons here write:
>we dont fire first
>yet we have no problem teleporting a bomb into an enemys corpse being retrieved

Makes sense to me. The liberal didnt work, its time for the conservative. Thats what Federation basically is.

bajorans are israeli jews
ferengi are american jews

>I don't recall Klingons ever being so conservative.
wtf have you been watching? not star trek. there's an entire arc about worf's son being treated as lower-caste for his mixed blood.

They feel like retards who are barely able to form sentences. And if their innane, subtitled grunting doesn't remind you of the SW: Holiday Special, I don't know what will.

>TNG has the worst opening of any Star Trek series.
I'm not saying it was great, I just don't really get the hate. I also meant to say that I rewatched it not too long ago. Either way, I'll admit I'm not a Star Trek expert.

This is an entry level plebs assessment of who the real space jews of Star Trek are.

Protip: It's pic related.

Well your problem is, that you dont understand, what Conservative means. Why are you connecting that term with nationalism and racism? Doesn't necessary have to be that. Conservatism is keeping your ways. If another race comes and tries to effect your tradition, it can spawn racism. If another nation comes and tries to effect your tradition, it can spawn nationalism.

Yes, you are right. Klingons have always been pretty racist and nationalistic. Especially house of Duras.
>human women are so ugly
Im glad theyve killed them in Generations. Highest point of that crappy movie. Now do you believe I know ST?

>TNG has the worst opening of any Star Trek series.

Farpoint wasn't that bad. The first season wasn't all that strong but the Encounter at Farpoint episodes were decent. And I fucking hate Q episodes.

ugh, see this

Holy shit I now understand why most libtards act so hatefully towards conservas.

I nutted up and tormented episode 2. God that battle was pathetic. Let's show the most wimpy 30+ ship battle in Star Trek ever, and inter-cut several scenes to slow the pace down to a crawl!

... ... ... i can complain about something allright. you can do it too, you don't need to approve of something 100% you can wish they would change one thing or another. how about THAT. you not condemned to be a YESMAN for the things you like you can criticize them too. blew your mind?

the thing you don't understand is Isis and white nationalist are two faces of the same medal.

Veeeeeeeeeeeery subtle about making the Klingons black. Dude looks like a fucking Jiggaboo.

Short view vs long view

Why did they talk so slowly though? Were they retarded?

They are literally speaking a canonical fictional language. How new are you to Star Trek?

Because past nationalism and racism, there isn't much to argue their conservatism. As you explained the concepts are tied in this way with the Klingons, so I'm not sure what you're upset about.

>this ain't your grampa star trek!

oh right, lets go full retard star war- i mean ds9 levels here instead. BAJILLIONS OF SHIPS PEEZ

>They are literally speaking a canonical fictional language.
One developed by a linguist into something functional. They sure as shit weren't speaking it.

>Let's show the most wimpy 30+ ship battle in Star Trek ever
I swear to god none of you watch any Star Trek past the JJs.

Picard accepted them and their differences. If Word said: "Some nigga touched ma ho on Kronos. I need to go back to my people and engage in gang warfare and possibly drug dealing until my family honor is restored!", Picard would've responded: "Fine, I respect your customs. But remember: once you wear that uniform again, you're a starfleet officer!"

I wonder if we'll see the same with the new klingons.

They actually were.

>Discovery not Satanic tier
This is some low quality bait.

OG klingons sounded a lot more fluent at it.

Well, considering the Klingons just started war with them I don't see why they would have any kind of similar treatment to what they got later when they allied themselves with the Federation.

Are you joking? It was pathetic. DS9 battles were so far superior it's silly.

I like the changes, personally. The guttery way they speak makes them seem more alien.

Sprinkling in token words from TNG doesn't mean it was Klingon.

Everyone who doesn't like this is a racist nazi, its the only reason to.

You don't have to visit Sup Forums to be Sup Forums

>SAAB
>low mid tier

dropped

If there's no miniskirts we know there's a problem.

There are only a couple of DS9 episodes with large scale ship battles, and they sure as hell weren't in the second episode. Not sure what you're complaining about.

>It's poorly written, poorly edited, poorly acted

You're pulling that outta yer ass
Now try to come up with how it's 'poorly edited' lol

They were actually speaking Klingon, and some streaming services even have written Klingon subtitles you can turn on.

Literally an anti-commie America line.

Not bad for a Hollywood movie.

They were, though.

Im not upset at all. Im explaing to you, what conservatism is. You didnt understand it and youve accused me of not watching ST at all because of that. Didnt upset me, but you obviously know, It might be a good reason for it. Which is making you guilty of not being able to admit youre wrong. Which makes you a hypocrite and now I am upset because I hate hypocrites. You fag.

Species, I mean "races", are blank slates now. That's the real difference.

You want to be a Vulcan? Just get raised by a Vulcan! Klingons are too aggressive? Teach them not to be!

Man I wish the spinoffs of "modern" bsg didnt flop so hard.

>Isis and white nationalist are two faces of the same medal
How so? Is this one of those hypothetical horseshoe constellations with no bearing in reality?

I didn't care for the first part. I haven't seen episode 2, but I'll still watch in hopes of improvement.