kisscartoon.es/Cartoon/South-Park-Season-15/Episode-007?id=1683
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you proud of yourself?

hahaha

i'm still clapping

I don't think you have what it takes to be a real Sup Forums memer OP

smrt no bad ha

This episode felt like a lowkey parody written by Sup Forums

Even Reddit and Memey apologists have to delusionaly defend this line as, "It's ironic," like just about every piece of writing that indicates how incredibly far of their own asses are the writing team.

I found it funnier when rick mentioned the front page of reddit

no, im too smart for that

>am i chuck?
>no, you're sneed

>D-Daddy I love youuu~ Harder, Daddy!
I clapped and cheered in this moment. Absolute incest kino. I'm so glad they had the balls to do it.

I knelt.

That is one image I didn't need to see today

>tfw no drunk submissive daugther to corrupt and fugg

>if you call something that is stupid "ironic", you can avoid valid criticism

2016 called and they want their "irony" back

What really makes me mad about it is that Beth has proven to be retarded throughout the whole series so Rick saying that is either a lie to make her fuckoff and get replaced by a clone or outright pandering to wymen

are you suggesting that as a fan of the show this a) doesn't turn you on b) doesn't seem like a brilliant direction to take the writing? are you a redditor?

this guy gets it

I guess, but it seems like you wrote that as I would have used that defense.

The idea that being smart, or at least more aware, makes you jaded towards the world isn't so ridiculous though. It's hard to argue that ignorance isn't bliss. Even the normies in the US who pick sides either for or against trump (if we are using a current event example) are typically happy at the end of the day. Then you have those who are able to see the bigger picture and how the nonsense the majority of people obsess over today pales in comparison to the real issues the world faces. It's exhausting and plain easier to just shrug it off, live your life, and let humanity suffocate itself like a choked flame. And drinking helps a bit when you start to feel guilty again for letting the world slip into the sea.

This image makes me sad because deep down, I wouldn't put it past Beth to indulge a fantasy like this.

Why is her dad mexican

This image makes me sad because deep down I think it would be a daring and actually legitimately "edgy" (not in a way without value) thing to do, even if it was an alternate reality Rick. I mean, looking at Simple Rick and his lifestyle choice, and the whole multiverse thing, there has to be some version of their reality where Rick loved Beth as more than a daughter and groomed her to reach this outcome. Lovingly embraced by his sobbing daughter as he enters her, suffering from abandonment issues and just desperate for her father's love and acceptance, even if it's in this way.

that is basically canon due to the infinite universe thing

kys

Imagine being so insecure in your own intellect that you're threatened by something a cartoon character said. Imagine spending months angrily spamming this board with threads to make yourself feel better, but never feeling better because deep down you know you're really not that bright

Okay I see where you're coming from, but I don't really equate jaded smart people to being evil sociopathic murderers who only care about themselves. I know those kind of people do exist, but it's certainly not the norm.

And I agree with you. I think it's just an exaggeration within the show to make a point about why Rick doesn't give a fuck about anything. At least I hope it's an exaggeration

>bad writing in tv shows annoys me
>write it down on the 4chin board for tv shows
>"hhu dude your insicure lmao"

I don't have the balls for it. But I wish I did.

>smart bits in Rick and Morty
>woah made me think, I feel so enlightened by watching this show
>retarded bits in Rick and Morty
>lulz at you, it was all ironic xD

You fucking retards should hang yourselves for being so mentally impaired.

>People who genuinely think they're smarter than everyone will indulge in the line
>People who think the line is talking about dipshits on Sup Forums will indulge in the line
>Sup Forums will think the line is talking about Reddit
>Reddit will think the line is talking about Sup Forums
>Dumb people will think it means smart people are evil
>Evil people will think they're smart
>Good hearted doofs will think it's deep
>Dim-witted fucks will cringe

It was a line intended to appeal to as many groups as possible.

why here are /actual/ scientists
I fucking hate choosing STEM it is like choosing to be in school forever, all my friends are happy working in their wallmarts 6x5 and then fucking bitches while I have to read books
FUCK

Idk the stuff claiming to be ironic does appear to be a little too on the nose this season, almost like the writers read forums and are parodying themselves to see the two sides feast on each other. Each watching the show out of enjoyment or criticism and running to social media after the fact generating more buzz. But then again, can supporters of a feminist agenda be that clever? Or Are they that stupidly obvious? I still can't tell if the latest season of AHS is serious or not. Considering they pander to chicks and fags, no complaints cause I don't watch the fucking show, it actually seems kind of tongue in cheek. Like they give the liberals what they want to hear knowing that they are too stupid to figure out that it's an exaggerated joke on them that conservatives get to scoff at. Or again, are they really are just being liberal faggots?

there are so many fucking buzzwords in this post it would make Twitter blush

>adults
>watching cartoons

>adults
>browsing Sup Forums

Adults have been watching cartoons since they were conceived. Stay mad pseud. Art's merit isn't defined by its medium.

Uhm, racist and sexist much?

what "buzzword" did he use except "Reddit and Memey"? He just posted a simple single sentence observation (that happens to be correct).

this would make for a great Ep

>browsing +18 site
guess where you belong

Even people who like Rick and Morty can only defend this line by saying it's mocking people who actually think that, which they frequently have to do for lines that show how supercilious are the writers.

Better, or is "supercilious" a buzzword?

>But but you are my dad!
>it doesn't matter beth, nothing does...
[inserts pickle]

The problem with this shows ironic flirtation with nihilism is that it won't be able to refute it. (I say ironic because the show moral center will be Morty's eventual influence on Rock, at least this seems obvious to me)

The show has effectively created the dichotomy of nihilism or delusion. The offer that Rick even gives his daughter the choice of "freedom" or family (if Rick is not anything but a hard determinist this show makes no sense) there reality there is no choice for Beth 1) choice is an illusion 2) she'll never be happy either way

Inevitably Rick will choose delusion in the form of some illusory soft existentialist position and despite the stoner humor I don't see how that choice can come about with any integrity here.

faggot

>[inserts pickle]

hilarious post! stopped reading right there :D

STOP LAUGHING 4CHANNERS

Rick from rick and morty series made by adult swim is like the most intelligent chad in the whole millenia and he uses science to make cool things and go in many adventures with his cousin morty who is a kid, they have a portal gun and talks about all kinds of geeky stuff, its like futurama for smart people, each episode is an adventure with psychodelic visuals and deep phylosophical themes that goes beyond thought provoking, they are meant to be lived by, thats what a chad is, an example to follow.

>I live my life the same way i think rick would, i always talking science to my friends and showing everyone that nothing really matters and everyone is an asshole i even started burping and drooling in school, my friends find it kinda cool sometimes they try it too but it doesn't look as real as when i do, though they learn to laugh at their failed attempts and we all have fun together and everyone is laughing when i am around i bring the whole house up just like rick would

hahaha good one user

you're giving the writers too much credit

Not being ironic, it's a good line and could be a part of good writing. But the show has and will always be a goof-off session of mediocrity for it's creators. If you think they're trying to create something deep then you're further up your own ass than you think they are.

Did Beth choose to save summers life so quickly because she resents morty for spending so much time with rick? Or was it just for lulz

*BUURRRRP* "God's not real Morty"
>the redditor begins to chuckle
"L-life is pointless Morty, your *URP* parents are fucking idiots"
>the redditor laughs out loud, spewing Cheetoh crumbs all over his desk
"W-wake up fucking sheeple, everybody is an idiot but me"
>the redditor can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
"WUBALABADUBDUB POOPY DOOP FUCK SHIT"
>The redditor starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
"mmmm get schwifty"
>the redditor's heart explodes and he dies

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>This late into the thread
If it isn't in the top 10, why even?

Taking into consideration the intelligence power gap between Rick and every other living thing, how is his attitude towards life any different than a child's attitude towards ants?

Are you kidding ? thats the best roq and moretz pasta, its accurate enough to believe and cause butthurt at the same time.

Still clapping. Hands bleeding now.

>it's a good line
No, it's not. It's there so all the drooling fans of this show who self-identify with Rick can basically be complicated through this instance of the show's pandering.

>implying she's actually his daughter

>wooden tissue box made with butt joints
as a woodfag im offended

F

Yea I don't read enough into the fan base to give a shit. I get what Rick is saying in the context of the show and it's nothing mind blowing. It definitely doesn't need its own thread but this board loves obsessing over shit they apparently hate.

>dude racism and sexism LAMO
>DUDE LE FRONT PAGE OF REDDIT ECKS DEE
Season 3 has been kind of shaky up to this point but I think I'm done with this shit

just one more episode to bear...

this is the wrong platform to be having this discussion
perhaps there isn't a suitable one anywhere

imagine having to animate this episode weeeeeew that must have been a hoot

I know. It's why it's depressing.

i see what you mean.

acknowledgment is the first step towards change, though. ironically.

unironically makes me sad.
:(

>hitler:
>>am i evil?
>Rick:
>>no, you smart

if you watched a single epsidoe of this shit you need to stop browsing Sup Forums.

and.
go.
back.
to.
reddit.
fag.

kisscartoon.es/Cartoon/South-Park-Season-15/Episode-007?id=1683

I know linking back to an already shit episode of an already shit TV show is counterproductive, but this is how I feel about just about every episode I've seen so far.
Is it me? Is it TV? Is it everything? Help. I just want to enjoy TV again.

just to add on what you're saying, it's exhausting because bringing the real issues into the foreground is basically impossible unless it is willed by the those pulling the strings. And the biggest issue of all really is to open people's eyes to see that everything they consume is engineered in some way of conforming them to a certain agenda. Our societies values are manufactured and manipulated at whim with social media being the ultimate weapon. But people would rather be spoon fed stories about niggers on their knees than see the Forrest for the Gump.